It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone seen this symbol?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I believe i know what it means, tho i do not think you will believe me for it is my opinion only. You see it is a picture in a picture or a mirrored immage. Your mirrored image. It is like looking at a lake in the mountains and seeing a mirror image of the scene in the lake. Above and below. Only you will know what that means, when you see it. xxx, also, if you stare at the xxx long enough, you will see this. )( )( )( This sign tells me is a representation of two eyes and ears. To watch and to listen, that is all. Future events, NOT SEEN or HEAR, yet. So you beware of what you are supposed to see and hear comming up, OK.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

It's an amazing time to be alive. There are no accidents or chance occurrences in the universe. We are here discussing for a reason. Like the book you mentioned in your post. This will now be added to my iPad and another unique perspective joins my consciousness. Thanks for the tip. Have you read the Discourses of Rumi?

No. All I have of Rumi is some of his poetry in "The Hand of Poetry: Five Mystic Poets of Persia" and bits & pieces of his wisdom in "Essential Sufism."

This brings up a sore point in me because I hate Islam. I realize Sufism is not Islam (there are many, many orders of Sufism) but Islam has co-opted some Sufi orders.

Unfortunately, Rumi (who supposedly was a saint or fully-realized being) mentions Muhammad in his poetry as if Muhammad were a genuine prophet of God. Makes me nauseous.

There are too many other fully-realized spiritual beings I would rather spend time with, including your Jesus -- where I have no doubts as to their authenticity.

I, too, have difficulty believing in accidents or coincidences.

So are you reading the Discourses of Rumi?

AuranVector

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
I believe i know what it means, tho i do not think you will believe me for it is my opinion only. You see it is a picture in a picture or a mirrored immage. Your mirrored image. It is like looking at a lake in the mountains and seeing a mirror image of the scene in the lake. Above and below. Only you will know what that means, when you see it. xxx, also, if you stare at the xxx long enough, you will see this. )( )( )( This sign tells me is a representation of two eyes and ears. To watch and to listen, that is all. Future events, NOT SEEN or HEAR, yet. So you beware of what you are supposed to see and hear comming up, OK.

"It is like looking at a lake in the mountains and seeing a mirror image of the scene in the lake. Above and below."

Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking. It becomes clearer if you draw a line thru the symbol which would cut it into two identical halves. Combined with the words "As above, so below" -- it means (to me) as in consciousness (heaven), so in material reality (earth).

Your second interpretation is interesting & original too.

AuranVector

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Yes. I read it all last month. I look at any text as a mirror. I will see a smudge here and there in anything, including the Bible. The Bible is a reflection of man and God together. We see man there, and for the believer, we see God as well. The Atheist tends to only see himself in the image. The bias against God then blinds him to the image of God in the reflection.

As with any mirror that mens' hands have touched, the reflection is only as clear as the hands that touched it. It does not bother me that he missed in a few placed. Rumi still shines a few rays on the lingering shadows that follow me. It wouldn't be a reflection if we didn't see it for all it's worth. Good and bad.

You may find my blog interesting (this link in particular). LINK

All articles HERE.

Originally posted by AuranVector

It's an amazing time to be alive. There are no accidents or chance occurrences in the universe. We are here discussing for a reason. Like the book you mentioned in your post. This will now be added to my iPad and another unique perspective joins my consciousness. Thanks for the tip. Have you read the Discourses of Rumi?

No. All I have of Rumi is some of his poetry in "The Hand of Poetry: Five Mystic Poets of Persia" and bits & pieces of his wisdom in "Essential Sufism."

This brings up a sore point in me because I hate Islam. I realize Sufism is not Islam (there are many, many orders of Sufism) but Islam has co-opted some Sufi orders.

Unfortunately, Rumi (who supposedly was a saint or fully-realized being) mentions Muhammad in his poetry as if Muhammad were a genuine prophet of God. Makes me nauseous.

There are too many other fully-realized spiritual beings I would rather spend time with, including your Jesus -- where I have no doubts as to their authenticity.

AuranVector

edit on 20-4-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210
reply to post by donatellanator

Hey, Donatellanator. I had to laugh when I read your post. Silence has always been an issue for me too. I was wondering if you managed to make it over to that Alchemy thread that was raging a couple of weeks ago? After the whole showdown there I ended up making a small post concerning the 'Powers of the Sphinx'.

Anyhow if you are interested at all in what I think of silence check it out...www.abovetopsecret.com... I did not get a bunch of stars for that post either.

Anyhow, I would like to humbly offer this... This is the post-post modern era. Alot of information is available now that wasn't available previously. Some think that this may be because we are headed for something called the 'Singularity'; One condition of this Singularity will be that all information will be available simultaneously. Nothing will be hidden.
Personally I think that the time for silence (scorpio) is over. Now is the time maybe for us to all haul out our notes and start making comparisons. For people like me that love tradition maybe it is a little hard to think like this but I have found that the more I go with the 'Zeitgeist', which is all about Open Source, the more I learn and the more people I find that are interested in what I have to offer. I believe the days of Silence are suspended for the moment. This has happened in the past as well. There were times when Alchemists were out in the open doing public transmutations. I think that this is one of those times.

Lets all not be silent anymore. Time is very short.

I hope you are right Frater.

As for now - fiction - I think anyone knows me (err my avatar) thus far knows which side I am on. If any loose cannon sages come my way with nefarious ways, watch out. Jeezus, we have enough problems with guns.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by timewalker
reply to post by cloudwatcher

Like I said, I do not know as much as these people. In fact I am a little nervous to even be here. I am just a guy that has been looking for answers to somethings within myself. Some things on ATS I do not take too seriously, but ones emotions and spirituality is not one of them.

When comparing all the occult and spiritual knowledge of everyone posting here combined and compare it to what you know you will notice there isn't even a noticeable difference. No matter what anyone here tells you we have made decisions we don't actually know too much compared to what there is to know.

I often think the opinion of a person who hasn't studied religion or occult is more likely to be accurate when looking for the true nature of things because it isn't perverted by thousands of years of accumulated Bologna.

Besides I agree with everything you've said so far.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
One more thing. I'm always on the lookout for rare texts that speak to our common interests. I can tell you share this. What is your favored reading list?

Here is mine. Most are free just by adding PDF after the title in a google search.

Bible
As a Man Thinketh, James Allen
Dhammapada
Discourses of Rumi
Corpus Hermeticum
Kabalion
The Way of Hermes. Best Corpus translation ever.

The Path of Knowledge by the Shrine of Wisdom is very unique and extremely Hermetic. It says Manual No. 3. I would love to find the others.

City of God by Augustine is always good.

Anyway, of the thousands of page I've read in the last few years, those are the standouts.

Originally posted by AuranVector

AuranVector

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord

Thank you.

Perhaps I was not prejudice at all. I believe and have always believed there must be some truths to all of them. Which one is the one? I give up. You are the one, I am the one, he she, it whatever.

I see how one could choose to spend their time going mad with all of this. I immediately wanted to throw the key's back. But changed for sure.

I am an appreciator of beauty and arts and now alchemical imagery.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AuranVector

I'm sorry. I missed your post till now.

My personal thing with it, well that's a bit personal for me, but I will say that it is used in many religious and esoteric images and ceremonies, always violet.

edit on 20-4-2011 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

To be honest I've read every book mentioned here --Edit: This is a clear exaggeration there are a few I haven't read of course-- and more than a few more. My library was impressive, I had every manner of gizmo from alters to runes, to tarot decks, to fancy Crowley doo dads, special costumes, blah blah blah.

Notice the only book I recommended in this thread is Sci Fi? I came to the conclusion that esoteric stuff is fun but not where the real wisdom likes to hide. I think the real wisdom comes from those expressing through story and art what they feel within.
edit on 20-4-2011 by Jinglelord because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-4-2011 by Jinglelord because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord

There is a wealth of information in Sci Fi Just watch the TV. They are telling you things in my opinion. hence the orange jumpsuit guy.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by cloudwatcher

Are either of your childrend, what some call StarSeeds?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
i didnt see this posted anywhere in the thread, but apologies if i just missed it. Rodin calls the pattern he discovered the "fingerprint of God." It was also figured out by some here at ATS that this pattern is applicable to all Base "X" systems (if i remember correctly..). It also mimics the double helical structure present in many areas.

He kind of pushes it as more of a solution than i personally feel it is, but its a great and interesting pattern nonetheless. While it does not match the OPs symbol precisely, i still found it of interest and similar enough for me to instantly think of it when looking at the drawings. Just thought this would be yet another perspective to add to the mix

edit on 21-4-2011 by sinohptik because: link

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
The thread is wonderful, TY Cloudwatcher for making this thread.

Hey SuperiorEd, have you had a chance to read the Tao te Ching and the Nag Hammadi? I think you will find that very useful in your studies of the Corpus Hermeticum as well.

I agree with what's being said about the Path not being about how much intellectual you can shove in your head and this is why in some Alchemical images, you see Alchemists burning their books. And so, 'Intelligence of Heart'.

BTW, hehe, TY all for being patient with my terriable spelling, word usage and grammar and perhapes fascinating use of the comma. LOL. I've been hand writting, copying and illistrating manuscripts since my early teens, you'd think I would have learned how to put out a descent sentence by now. Lmao.
edit on 21-4-2011 by Arles Morningside because: Because my typing sux. LoL

Edit to add: the significance of the 'burning of the books' imagery might not hit as hard as it did at that time because books were very expensive and rare and to have even a small collection was considered precious. Often students hand copied the books they studied to build their libraries. And if you had a library full of heretical texts, hehe you didn't want to broadcast that. So the imagry of burning books had a very profound meaning and reminder about the path and the importance of Direct Experience rather than emphasis on intellectual learning alone.
edit on 21-4-2011 by Arles Morningside because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
They will have

No
Quarter

they know who they are
edit on 21-4-2011 by starless and bible black because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Could have something to do with rhe "Web of the Wyrd" were "Wyrd" is a conotation for "worth" and that the pattern and the "As above, So Below" relate to teaching that good Karma will bring forth good Karmam and conversely, Bad Karma will bring forth:bad Karma. Anyway, that;s all I could immediately find in my Secret Signs & Symbols Referercne Guide. Adele Nozedar, 2008, Barnes & Noble publishing,

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sinohptik

That is the first time I seen that. If it were already on here and I missed it, I apologize. This symbol, if the sides were longer, would be it. Had to stare at it for a while, soak it in.

Guys, I do want to say one thing here. Some have suggested that this is just for me. I do not feel that way at all. And I feel that it has the some Hermetic value. Those who are of the Christian persuasion on here might feel that it is evil. I assure it is not. God said that if you lack wisdom to just ask for it. Solomon was the wisest man who ever lived and incorporated much of this kind of stuff in his life, building of the Temple and for the protection of his people. You won't find this in your Christian Bible. You will have to study the people who brought you the Old Testament. In other words, the Hebrews. Remember, Jesus was one of them.

I will not stop trying til I get the answer I seek. And WHEN I do, I will share it.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Nefarious

I really haven't figured that one out yet. I just know that it is first drawn forwards, and then it's opposite drawn back through it backwards.

Hmm. Guess i just answered my own question there, didn't I?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by starless and bible black

Ummm. OK

They won't have
Half

I'll put some coffee on!

Seriously, what are you trying to say here?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

I totally agree with you there.

Truth is stranger than fiction. Many of today's sci-fi thrillers all incorporate the same things. With that said, I really like the new Stargate Universe series. I watch all things paranormal and anything that has to do with aliens.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join