It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone seen this symbol?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Someone loves you that is so close you can't see it.

Stop looking at yourself and what you're meant to be doing

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Hermetica that has been corrupted by Theosophical philosophy is open to occult practices. Hermes, in the Corpus Hermeticum, has a prophecy about the destruction of his own people because of their occult ways. God says that the idolaters and those practicing sorcery will burn in th lake of fire. Thinking that a symbol will bring some "magic" from a just and righteous God amounts to idol worship.

Revelation 21:
6 He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life. 7 Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children. 8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

The Kabalyion is a book that draws incorrect implications from the principles of Hermetica. It's a good resource to understand the principles, but not to ascend to God by using his laws against each other. This is where suffering comes in. Suffering must be present in our lives. Suffering leads to reward. Reward leads to suffering. The Kabalyon suggests that a person can negate God's laws by magic arts. This is not what Hermes had in mind when he was teaching His son Tat to have reverence for God's laws.

If you smoke, you get cancer. This is reward to suffering. If you suffer an education, you get a job. Suffer a job and you get paid. This is suffering to reward. Joy can only come from suffering for good. Christ suffered every step.

I'm not against you here. I'm trying to clarify the truth of what each text is trying to tell us. Practicing magic arts leads to destruction from the judge of it all. We are the witness in life. It's our job to test all things but hold fast to only what is good. The magic arts will lead to destruction and implicates the witness in the crime. Read the Bible for all its worth so these are not just words, words, words to you. God is for you each step of the way.

Originally posted by Arles Morningside
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Hermetica aknowledges all sources of inspiration and guidence, not just the Bible, and above all...God and Gnosis.

edit on 19-4-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

I don't want to de-rail the thread so this will be my last post on this subject. I think it would be a fun idea to open a new thread where we can get hot and heavy into this subject.

Anyways, from a Hermetic stand point, the Occult is a powerful tool in the Work when used appropiately and is a long tradition. The Hermetic way is a way of life and is full of diversity and that diversity is rich on many levels which speak to the initiate in accord to their understanding as they progress along the path and grow in the mysteries. People from all walks of life can be found embracing Hermetic Philosophy because it embraces principals that are universal and honours all forms of piety seeing the many wells as valid paths to the same goal.
The Hermetica is not meant to be taken as infaliable or as a closed cannon but rather a source of guidence, inspiration and exploration along the path of Gnosis which we are to Directly Experience. We are to work the Great Work and that includes bettering ourselves and being a light unto the world. To fall away from this and engage in unholy activities and abuse your knowledge and use the Occult as a means contrary to those highest principals, is to be operating along those lines of 'Godlessness,' 'idoltry,' and so on. For those up to mischief and what not, they become their own stumbling block and can only go so far before the way is bared from them yet much damage can be done nonetheless.
But to those who are true, if they become like sages, they shall pierce through the veils and find the center of the circle that has been hidden from the 'unworthy'.

And so I close:

" 'Open up!'
To whome? Who are you?
' I want to go into your heart.'
That's a narrow space you want to enter!
'What of it, even if I barely survive! You have seldom cause to complaine of my jostling! I want to tell you of wonders now!' "
-Book IX, 'Parzival', Wolfram von Eschenbaum

"When you know yourselves, then you will be known, and you will understand that you are Children of the Living Father. But if you do not know yourselves, then you dwell in poverty, and you are the poverty."
- Gospel Of St. Thomas

"Let one who seeks not stop seeking until one finds. When one finds, one will be astonished, and having been astonished, one will reign, and having reigned, one will rest."
- Gospel of St. Thomas
edit on 19-4-2011 by Arles Morningside because: Because my typing sux. LoL

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by primoaurelius

I really feel like the symbol is for protection. My questions for myself are"how do I use it? When do I use it? Why do I need it? "who or what am I protecting myself from?

And of course, "Why me?"

These are the questions I hope to get answered.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by cloudwatcher

Depending on whose hocus pocus you choose to listen to your answers could be easy or difficult and I can't really say which is better for you. Well I can but thats not my job and would only be my opinion.

If you take my suggestion I would complete a self guided meditation over the course of a month or so you should be able to get your own answers.

The trick of course is to become familiar enough with yourself to understand what is real and what is not within you.

If you prefer to deny the divine within yourself and ascribe it wholly to Jesus and his God then your answer is even easier. Find a good Christian preacher and he will help you. Guide you, and bring you into his flock. Or the DIY Christian method would be to pray deeply and ask God for an answer.

Regardless of your choice nobody here will give you the answers you seek. But were sure all pointing somewhere and with fingers flying in every conceivable direction I can't help but wonder how dizzy you are.

If you are a wolf instead of a sheep you might want to behave like one

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord

I have read this entire thread, and it is excellent. I don't want to derail the topic but my question is for Jingle Lord. I read as much as I could on Norse Mythology last night so now I know a bit more. But seeing as you obviously are a follower my questions are these:

1) Do you believe the mythology as whole truths, or simply parables teaching lessons?

2.) It appears you think that only people with celtic/nordic bloodlines would be under these gods rule right? If gods, wouldn't they rule everything in the world, not just the northern european areas and peoples? Do you believe different parts of the earth have different gods to rule them? IE greek and roman mythology only cover those areas?

These questions are not to pry or to be rude, I am just interested in the topic.

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by primoaurelius

Wow, now that is a cool story.
Thanks for that. Now I know why Mr. Fogg wanted to know about the 9's.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I have explored a lot of the suggestions on here already and that is why I have posed this question to a lot of smart people who abode here on ATS!

I have looked at Runes, but not into Runes. I did not know about the 666 connection. That is a new one to me.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by AuranVector

Awesome and informative information. Thanks so much for the input. I too am glad that Frater "degrumped" their self. The responses by people on here have really touched me. I hesitated for a while before asking because I was afraid of the ridicule that I might receive.

Thanks ATS!!!! For being my friend!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by yoyoma15

1) Do you believe the mythology as whole truths, or simply parables teaching lessons?

The mythology is parables, the wisdom comes from the Runes and the lessons they teach.

2.) It appears you think that only people with celtic/nordic bloodlines would be under these gods rule right? If gods, wouldn't they rule everything in the world, not just the northern european areas and peoples? Do you believe different parts of the earth have different gods to rule them? IE greek and roman mythology only cover those areas?

It might appear that way but I don't believe that at all. I believe that people of any blood line can choose to or can be of the Aesir or Vanir. This transcends human reproduction. Your spirit can be of any decent.

I don't believe in a real creator God. Which puts me at odds with those who believe Odin really did create the world from a dead cow. I also don't believe that any God rules over the world.

I believe in the spirit realms and entities that populate it. In this realm I associate closest with the Aesir gods. I do believe that gods in other parts of the world exist in the spirit and can effect reality, I add the Christian god to this mix as well. It is my opinion that these gods do a lot of exaggeration and the people that choose to follow them follow the basic human instinct to assume their gods are the only ones and obviously the most powerful.

My beliefs make a lot of people mad but they are mine and I have not come upon them lightly or in ignorance.I am happy to share them and discuss them but am not interested in debating because to my way of thinking it doesn't matter what another person believes and I would only share if I think the wisdom could do a person good. I will show the well but if you don't want to drink I don't care.

These questions are not to pry or to be rude, I am just interested in the topic.

Thanks.

If you want more information I'll share what I know...

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Hillbilly123069

I checked out your links, but I do not see it right off the get go. Can you let me know exactly which one you think it is? I do not see it on these links. Thanks!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Three points in the heavens. Matching 3 points on earth. Maybe finding these points is your answer? Any other events or symbols you can recall to give you a point of reference?

The xxx
The M & W's
etc I have seen but what I see most is the three points above matching three points below. Maybe its not physical and its spiritual. Three points of spiritual in heaven, matching three points in your spritual on earth?

Not much of help I suppose but wanted to offer them as suggestions.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

You seem like a sweet person, CloudWatcher. I am just going to say this gently to you beacuase I don't want to upset the apple cart here any more than I have.

I am a little surprised that after all this you are simply looking for a way to 'use' this 'symbol'.

You are fine just the way you are and I can just about guarantee you that you aren't missing anything by not knowing how to 'use' that symbol.

Take a look at a thread that I posted here on rare information that might provide a slightly different perspective on this type of stuff.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also don't miss this one by TimeWalker. He and another member or two talk to one another about what they are learning using pictures and symbols. www.abovetopsecret.com...
By the way, TimeWalker's thread is entitled 'As Above So Below'.

Thank you for sharing here on this thread. Have a great day.
Happy Easter.

edit on 19-4-2011 by Frater210 because: Add

edit on 19-4-2011 by Frater210 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

Sometimes the best way for a person to learn is to allow them to make mistakes. You have said what you think many times and I think you make lots of good points. I don't agree with them all but they are good none the less.

I'm a big fan of pointing in the general direction being vague and letting people come to their own conclusions. Share what you believe, what your opinions are, and maybe even how you came to them.

To assume you are absolutely correct and what works for you is what will work for everyone is arrogant. (Yeah yeah I know I am arrogant too its all good).

This is my primary complaint with mainstream religions is that just because they find a truth they assume anyone who doesn't agree is wrong. We don't know that we can't all be right, we just assume that because of our egos.

By the way your Unicorn puking a rainbow avatar is one of my favorites I've seen here

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd
Hermetica that has been corrupted by Theosophical philosophy is open to occult practices. Hermes, in the Corpus Hermeticum, has a prophecy about the destruction of his own people because of their occult ways. God says that the idolaters and those practicing sorcery will burn in th lake of fire.

Thinking that a symbol will bring some "magic" from a just and righteous God amounts to idol worship.

Not at all... symbol and it's communication to consciousness is one of the fundamental elements of hermetica... You can't even begin to understand hermetica without first understanding the power of the symbol....

So much so, that this is the first thing taught in many of the Hermetic Orders which are still un-corrupted by theosophy...

Revelation 21:
6 He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life. 7 Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children. 8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

Not sure why you are referencing a Jewish Political diatribe, erroneously entered into the canon.

The Kabalyion is a book that draws incorrect implications from the principles of Hermetica. It's a good resource to understand the principles, but not to ascend to God by using his laws against each other.

Where does it recommend using these laws against each other?

This is where suffering comes in. Suffering must be present in our lives. Suffering leads to reward. Reward leads to suffering.

All life is suffering... there is nothing else

The Kabalyon suggests that a person can negate God's laws by magic arts. This is not what Hermes had in mind when he was teaching His son Tat to have reverence for God's laws.

It surely does not suggest this at all... it suggests the ability to step out of the way, or better yet move further, by understanding the ebb and flow of these laws... this is the furthest thing from negation...

A great example would be as if you said that airplanes and boyles law is somehow a negation of gods laws... when truly it's merely the sophisticated application of these laws...

If you smoke, you get cancer.

Not always... I know very many old smokers who did not die of cancer...

This is reward to suffering. If you suffer an education, you get a job. Suffer a job and you get paid. This is suffering to reward. Joy can only come from suffering for good. Christ suffered every step.

There is no good or bad, only thinking makes it so, and this is key to understanding hermetica...

Your own bible tells you this in Romans 14:14

What you are spewing is a Clavinist ideology which is as a child when measured against the history of Hermetica

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd
Hermetica that has been corrupted by Theosophical philosophy is open to occult practices. Hermes, in the Corpus Hermeticum, has a prophecy about the destruction of his own people because of their occult ways. God says that the idolaters and those practicing sorcery will burn in th lake of fire. Thinking that a symbol will bring some "magic" from a just and righteous God amounts to idol worship.

Hermetica is what has survived of the teachings of the pre-Christian Egyptian mystery schools. The ancient Egyptians were steeped in "magick" or the Occult.

Originally posted by SuperiorEd The Kabalyion is a book that draws incorrect implications from the principles of Hermetica. It's a good resource to understand the principles, but not to ascend to God by using his laws against each other. This is where suffering comes in. Suffering must be present in our lives. Suffering leads to reward. Reward leads to suffering. The Kabalyon suggests that a person can negate God's laws by magic arts. This is not what Hermes had in mind when he was teaching His son Tat to have reverence for God's laws.

"The Kybalion: A Study of The Hermetic Philosophy of Ancient Egypt and Greece" (written by three anonymous initiates -- their identities are still debated -- and originally published in 1912) was an attempt to make the teachings of the Emerald Tablet more accessible. The Kybalion does not suggest that a person can negate God's laws by "magic arts." Rather it teaches that there are little known or hidden (occult) principles or laws at work within Creation. The Kybalion does not teach magical ritual or the practical application of these hidden principles.

AuranVector

Originally posted by Arles Morningside

Hermetica aknowledges all sources of inspiration and guidence, not just the Bible, and above all...God and Gnosis.

I agree.

AuranVector

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210

You seem like a sweet person, CloudWatcher. I am just going to say this gently to you beacuase I don't want to upset the apple cart here any more than I have.

I am a little surprised that after all this you are simply looking for a way to 'use' this 'symbol'.

You are fine just the way you are and I can just about guarantee you that you aren't missing anything by not knowing how to 'use' that symbol.

Take a look at a thread that I posted here on rare information that might provide a slightly different perspective on this type of stuff.

Also don't miss this one by TimeWalker. He and another member or two talk to one another about what they are learning using pictures and symbols. www.abovetopsecret.com...
By the way, TimeWalker's thread is entitled 'As Above So Below'.

Thank you for sharing here on this thread. Have a great day.
Happy Easter.

edit on 19-4-2011 by Frater210 because: Add

edit on 19-4-2011 by Frater210 because: (no reason given)

Your thread, Frater210, looks very interesting. Will check it out later.

AuranVector

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Thanks for that. I actually have been back over my posts and although I think I would find them interesting if I hadn't written them I would also find myself to be arrogant. Did not mean to do that. Thank you for your kind words.

I actually look forward so much to these types of threads and I am really appreciative of all the knowledgable folks I have met here.

I would like to offer this link in the hopes that you might get a gas out of it. This is the first thread that I participated in at ATS that swerved off the road into the loamy weeds of weirdness. We all had a lot of fun at this thread and even spooked ourselves out a little. This symbolism thread was a little like that. I have really enjoyed it.
Your posts have revitalized my interest in Norse mythology and Runes. I can actually spin around in my chair right now and at least 2 books on Norse mythology are close enough to pluck off the shelf. Actaully one is about mythology and the other is about the Vikings and England during the Dark Ages. Which reminds me...if you might be a sci fi and fantasy fan you might want to check out A.A. Attanasio's version of the King Arthur Cycle. Just put that name into Amazon. I get the feeling you would dig it.

So thanks for taking the time to talk with me. I am sure we will find one another again on one of these threads. Or maybe in L.A. as I live here too.
Have a good one. Thanks for mentioning the avatar. I think it suits me.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

Anyone who has spent time contemplating the ether is arrogant as soon as they come to a conclusion. I wasn't targeting you in particular it is just the way it is and we all need to keep that in mind when discussing our findings.

As for Sci Fi it is the moderns world best equivalent for philosophers and love the good ones.

To get an idea of how I believe the world works not to mention a fantastically deep and also fun story check out this book: Job: A Comedy of Justice

Only the hardcore Christians regret reading it... but then they hate Heinlein for many other reasons...

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by donatellanator
reply to post by yngona

Trying not to hijack, but I really think it is neat when people come out of the woodwork (after yeeeears) to make their first post and I happen to see it! I feel almost like I am reading hallowed text.
Thanks for your thoughts, love the idea.

P.S. Who or what were you taught by and can you recommend any texts or sources to read? Thanks in advance!
edit on 18-4-2011 by donatellanator because: (no reason given)

Because I don’t post I forgot to factor in the possibility of a query such as this. And because, as you noted, it is offtopic, I will keep this brief.

First, thank you for the considerate words (that includes all three responders).

Next, I was initially taught by my Welsh grandmother; over the years I have encountered others who have had additional information on this subject. Seemingly, I have met them randomly, but because that is absurd, these incidents have occurred specifically for reasons that – over several years – has become clear.

Overall, it appears to have roots in Hermeticism, with strong elements that connect it with Mesopotamian and Indo-European magics. However, the overall result and function is far older still.

To my knowledge there are no exact texts on this subject. Also to my knowledge, I have the most extensive amount of information on the subject (to include its comparison – linguistically and metaphysically – with similar arcane principles).

Originally posted by Frater210
reply to post by yngona

Just wanted to agree. Great post. I have never heard of that before. XOHOX. I just like saying it.

Yes, it does sound nice, when pronounced properly and especially in conjunction with the phrase that accompanies it. Not knowing how you are saying it, let me offer this: show-hosh.

Originally posted by AuranVector

Yngona, please teach. The ancient language of the Gogs? Who were the Gogs?

I couldn’t possibly. This information has been given to me for a reason, one that has unfolded over a lifetime. The best I can do is relate.

The Gogs are what some may call ‘giants’, or ‘jotuns’, or otherwise large ‘elementals’. Sizewise this is partially correct, but their overall shape is capable of several forms; even though, they do favor a predominant one, which is mostly discounted for its abstractness.

If a genuine interest remains then I have earned the right to divulge portions of this information, which is how it has been given to me over the years. I have often longed to encounter others who have, like myself, become a custodian of this information, to compare findings and experiences (which is what prompted my reply). To date, that has not occurred. None the less, it has not detracted me from the over all purpose.

Sincere queries will be answered privately.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join