It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone seen this symbol?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloudwatcher
reply to post by sinohptik

That is the first time I seen that. If it were already on here and I missed it, I apologize. This symbol, if the sides were longer, would be it. Had to stare at it for a while, soak it in.

Guys, I do want to say one thing here. Some have suggested that this is just for me. I do not feel that way at all. And I feel that it has the some Hermetic value. Those who are of the Christian persuasion on here might feel that it is evil. I assure it is not. God said that if you lack wisdom to just ask for it. Solomon was the wisest man who ever lived and incorporated much of this kind of stuff in his life, building of the Temple and for the protection of his people. You won't find this in your Christian Bible. You will have to study the people who brought you the Old Testament. In other words, the Hebrews. Remember, Jesus was one of them.

I will not stop trying til I get the answer I seek. And WHEN I do, I will share it.

Also realize that that symbol can be put back to back, top on top, etc in any configuration imaginable. The reason i posted it is because it has had oddly strong significance in the work i do. I saw many using number patterns throughout the thread, so thought it would be of interest. i do not personally look at things in terms of runes, or anything like that, since the cultural context in which they were created does not necessarily exist today. So, i look at the concept which was being contextualized through our own "best guess" context which is science, and more specifically, the study of patterns.

Do remember, sometimes things are shown to us to be a foundation rather than the structure itself
i have been shown many things, all were to spur me on to carry out my own actions rather than just think about the correlation.

When others say "it is just for you," that doesnt mean it may not have an impact on others, but that the contexts which you are approaching it with are completely, inexorably, undeniably, unaccessible by others. We all must look at all things through our own eyes.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
This is whats called a bind-rune.

A Tri Gifu.

Ultimate sacrifice and gift. ie, the gift of life.

Rune XXX. The Frost-fiend. LEMMINKAINEN, reckless minstrel, Handsome hero, Kaukomieli, Hastens as the dawn is breaking, At the dawning of the morning, To the resting-place of vessels, To the harbor of the island, Finds the vessels sorely weeping, Hears the wailing of the rigging, And the ships intone this chorus: "Must we wretched lie forever In the harbor of this island, Here to dry and fall in pieces? Ahti wars no more in Northland, Wars no more for sixty summers, Even should he thirst for silver, Should he wish the gold of battle."

Kelavala

What happened in your NDE????

Omg. Indeed, I recognized that symbol, I have it on my bronze Kalevala ring! I remember it represents pike fish scales. Not sure if it's the exact same stuff, I'd need to look up the ring from my apartment...
Finnish folklore, and yes I'm a Finn.

"As above, so below"... this is like the line "What we do in life, echoes in eternity" from the movie Gladiator.
edit on 21-4-2011 by Jonas86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by cloudwatcher

Here is a good example.

I love Dr Who, I watch it when I catch it on pbs. I caught some of the last episodes and the guy on the right (the master) had made himself a singularity of all people on earth (bad), and planned to bring the remaining Time Lords and their home planet to earth which would in turn destroy everything and end all time.

Of Course The Doctor saved the day.

I probably got the story a bit wrong, but that was the most of it.

Alchemy guy's edit: or gals, should have a field day with this picture, also notice the violet colors on the Doctors right...

The scene is all backwards,,?? Luna/Sol

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8820c8a727e2.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 21-4-2011 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

There are those who play very dirty in this realm of matter.

What makes you think that the realm of spirit will receive them with anything less than full bore wrath?

PS They already heard of Jesus. And then they abused their puny earthbound powers.

Wait till they learn there's no bunker deep enough to shield them from payback.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I am trying to send a u2u. My retarded computer keeps sending you a blank message when I try to find the text area, sorry.

I wish to communicate a few things, without posting across the board. Maybe I'll figure out the u2u board and we'll proceed. I want to say thanks, and why I'm thankful. I clicked on your image and my jaw almost dropped.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by starless and bible black

There are those who play very dirty in this realm of matter.

What makes you think that the realm of spirit will receive them with anything less than full bore wrath?

PS They already heard of Jesus. And then they abused their puny earthbound powers.

Wait till they learn there's no bunker deep enough to shield them from payback.

What of my native Indian ancestors? Do they feel his wrath right now?

What of the Asians, The Hindu's, The Tibetan's or the tribe in New Guinea that has never heard of Jesus?

Do they all burn too?

Thanks for your unbiased opinion.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

I think your ancestors will be fine it is your contemporaries who have fallen victim to the Church created in Jesus's name (not his church) for which I would worry.

As above so below? If this is a truth there is no thing above or below that can have power over you unless you allow it.

The only God for whose wrath you need to be concerned with stares back at you from every mirror. The only judgement you face, the only master of you, thou art God, and heaven and hell falls to your decision.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Yes. It's great. I have two copies of the Tao te Ching. The Nag Hammadi library of texts is very interesting. I have skimmed most of them but read others in-depth. The gnostic stuff is very deep. All of this relates back to the pre-flood roots of the teachings of Enoch, directly from the source. The book of Jasher, in Chapter 3, relates Enoch's reign on earth as a teacher. Like I said in an earlier post, Enoch is the link to the pyramids. Joseph is PtahHotep and Moses then is educated in the knowledge of Enoch. This is the root, found in the Bible, Enoch 1, Book of Jasher and others. All other belief systems stem from this root. The Bible is the closest to the thread that ties it all together. Other religions are commentary on the root understanding.

If you get a chance, do a Google search for the Maxims of PtahHotep (Joseph). Read them. Believe me, it's worth the read. Here is an article I wrote just off of a few of the verses. LINK Then go to the Egyptian Library and read any other Egyptian text. Compare and contrast. You will see the evidence for PtahHotep as a Biblical Joseph. There is no comparison to the knowledge between the texts. Oddly enough, the Maxims of PtahHotep is the oldest papyrus in existence. Rock solid wisdom, as close to the source of Enoch as it gets. Remember that Moses wrote the Torah, so this is older yet. Read Enoch I and get the idea between the two.

And then there is this. The Sefer Yetzirah. LINK This is likely written by Abraham or possibly a book form 200BC. Not sure and neither is anyone else. Some say Adam wrote it. It's like the source code to reality. There is nothing like it anywhere that I've seen. Maybe others know more about it.

Originally posted by Arles Morningside
The thread is wonderful, TY Cloudwatcher for making this thread.

Hey SuperiorEd, have you had a chance to read the Tao te Ching and the Nag Hammadi? I think you will find that very useful in your studies of the Corpus Hermeticum as well.

I agree with what's being said about the Path not being about how much intellectual you can shove in your head and this is why in some Alchemical images, you see Alchemists burning their books. And so, 'Intelligence of Heart'.

BTW, hehe, TY all for being patient with my terriable spelling, word usage and grammar and perhapes fascinating use of the comma. LOL. I've been hand writting, copying and illistrating manuscripts since my early teens, you'd think I would have learned how to put out a descent sentence by now. Lmao.
edit on 21-4-2011 by Arles Morningside because: Because my typing sux. LoL

Edit to add: the significance of the 'burning of the books' imagery might not hit as hard as it did at that time because books were very expensive and rare and to have even a small collection was considered precious. Often students hand copied the books they studied to build their libraries. And if you had a library full of heretical texts, hehe you didn't want to broadcast that. So the imagry of burning books had a very profound meaning and reminder about the path and the importance of Direct Experience rather than emphasis on intellectual learning alone.
edit on 21-4-2011 by Arles Morningside because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-4-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord

I live a moral life, mostly.

I am not concerned.

I think Jesus would think of them too.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by timewalker

I live a moral life, mostly.

I am not concerned.

I think Jesus would think of them too.

Not to flippant but Christianity and Jesus are not the only way and I am offended for your ancestors that Jesus's opinion of them is of any concern.

You dismiss their rich and profound spiritual and religious practices because they were conquered? Most of them didn't willingly convert and many children were taken from their parents to be raised by missionaries and forced to convert so they could be "human".

This is disgusting tome. While I suffer none of the "Noble savage" illusions preached so often we need to also remember that they did have rich culture, they did have great civilizations, they didn't have thousands of years living in filth and disease. They lost and their culture was destroyed.

This is the way of things, it is how the world works. But to take the time to worry what the lord of the conquerors thinks of those who had lost everything is sad to me.

I am not specifically directing this at you, it is something I see everywhere and it gets to me.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I think you are misunderstanding me, this is what I am saying that he is not the only way. My ancestors knew not and if the morals I have been taught from their descendant's is any clue, at least to me, definitely not. They also taught me not to begrudge.

I cannot change history, I learn from it.

I love all faiths, just not the "only way" parts.

What do you think of the Dr. Who pic?

Edit~ I do not dismiss. I was also offended that the black bible person was condemning all of us in here.

What I was not concerned about is, I have already looked into the mirror

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by timewalker

I think you are misunderstanding me, this is what I am saying that he is not the only way. My ancestors knew not and if the morals I have been taught from their descendant's is any clue, at least to me, definitely not. They also taught me not to begrudge.

I cannot change history, I learn from it.

I love all faiths, just not the "only way" parts.

What do you think of the Dr. Who pic?

Edit~ I do not dismiss. I was also offended that the black bible was condemning all of us in here.

I'm not offended by your intent because I already feel I know where you're coming from. But the words came out not how intended in my opinion and I attacked that. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

It seemed you were being apologetic for your ancestors not knowing Christ and his teachings. Never apologize for that. I also believe to never begrudge and to forgive always. But to forget the lessons of your ancestors is to suffer them again.

I'm completely unfamiliar with Dr. Who and really thought it was art from Bill and Ted's excellent adventure until I read it and looked closely. I really need to look at it closer later tonight when I have a bit more time and am not typing between chores and an angry toddler.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
It dosen't mean anything to me

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

reply to post by timewalker

I have been waiting on you to show up.
Greetings friend.
Answering your question about this thread.
I have gotten little to no more clarity on the symbol, I have, however, received some very valuable information and made a few friends.

And to answer the other question about violet, well, I'm having a hard time answering that one, as it has caused a flood of emotion and visions in my mind. But for those following this thread, I will tell them, yes. It means quite a bit to me.

Cloudwatcher, what does violet mean to you? Can you or are you willing to explain?

AuranVector

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jinglelord

I'm trying not to be a pain in the A but I just needed to say something I feel is often mistaken.

I am not saying it is the case with you but I do firmly believe that people too often discount a thing as being "Drig induced" or "Just in my imagination".

Your imagination is wholly in your head. But so is your perception of reality. Just because a thing happened in your mind should not discount it. Your imagination is a door way to truths your eyes could never know.

Also if something is drug induced that doesn't discount it either. Many tribal people hold firmly their hallucinogenics allow them to see what is real. This may or may or may not be the case but don't discount it out of hand. It could very easily be that the chemical reactions in your brain were corrected by drugs to allow you to see a different part of reality.

Also thank you for this thread! I think it has really gtten more than a few of thinking and is definitely benefiting more than you. So thank you!

So true. I immediately think of Andrija Puharich (amanita muscaria), Castaneda (peyote buttons, psilocybin mushrooms, Harner (ayahuasca), etc. Of course, it's not just the drugs in these native cultures -- there's an entire sacred protocol that goes with these drugs.

Not exactly the same thing as doing acid & speed at a rock concert.

AuranVector

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

reply to post by AuranVector

Hasn't this thread been awesome. Brought some people out the wood work even.

I have long thought that the man in my dream and NDE was Jesus. Not sure if I mentioned this or not previously, but my mother told me that when they finally took me off the ventilator and removed the breathing tubes and such, that the first words that I spoke were, "Thank you Jesus, Thank you Jesus."

Also, the man fit the stereo typical picture of Jesus. However, the beings were not your stereo typical angels with golden blonde locks of hair and wings, nor were they cherubs. I have added you as a friend!

Thank you. I have also added you as a friend.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd
Yes. I read it all last month. I look at any text as a mirror. I will see a smudge here and there in anything, including the Bible. The Bible is a reflection of man and God together. We see man there, and for the believer, we see God as well. The Atheist tends to only see himself in the image. The bias against God then blinds him to the image of God in the reflection.

As with any mirror that mens' hands have touched, the reflection is only as clear as the hands that touched it. It does not bother me that he missed in a few placed. Rumi still shines a few rays on the lingering shadows that follow me. It wouldn't be a reflection if we didn't see it for all it's worth. Good and bad.

You may find my blog interesting (this link in particular). LINK

All articles HERE.

Impressive.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd
One more thing. I'm always on the lookout for rare texts that speak to our common interests. I can tell you share this. What is your favored reading list?

Here is mine. Most are free just by adding PDF after the title in a google search.

Bible
As a Man Thinketh, James Allen
Dhammapada
Discourses of Rumi
Corpus Hermeticum
Kabalion
The Way of Hermes. Best Corpus translation ever.

The Path of Knowledge by the Shrine of Wisdom is very unique and extremely Hermetic. It says Manual No. 3. I would love to find the others.

City of God by Augustine is always good.

Anyway, of the thousands of page I've read in the last few years, those are the standouts.

Of the books on your list, I've only read two: "As a Man Thinketh" and "The Kybalion."

As for my favored reading list, I would not know where to start. It's changed over the years. I think one of my problems is too many books -- which has lead to a kind of mental indigestion. Too many undigested books.

I was looking for one of my faves: "Kundalini: The Evolutionary Energy in Man" by Gopi Krishna -- and could not find it among my shelves & stacks. I know I have it. But it's been a while since I read it last.

AuranVector

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

You are correct, my mistake. I did not make that very clear.

This is the quickest I could come up with, from Lambspring.

Except there are differences. The lunar side of Dr. Who is nice and nature peaceful like, the Solar side is total destruction.

In opposite terms the solar side of alchemical imagery always seems to be nature and the lunar usually portrays technology and human progress. no?

When I saw the Dr. Who picture this immediately came to mind.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eed947a45cb6.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8820c8a727e2.jpg[/atsimg]

Maybe not?

edit on 22-4-2011 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

In engineering terms looks like an ejector, the constriction known as vena contracta.
You could have been getting a glimpse of a wormhole. Did you see any picture or vision after seeing the symbol?

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join