It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas' Powerful New Weapon Alters Strategic Calculations Along the Gaza Strip

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I probably should have given a link, sorry.
Most articles are claiming it was a Kornet E-1, which is what I pictured in my post above.
Kornet E-1

Depending on the source, it can penetrate 1000-1200 mm armored steel, and
3.5 to 4.5 meters of concrete.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Roaches are surprisingly resistant to eradication. Even nuking your house won't get rid of them. Perhaps we have found the one species that can't ever be victim to "genocide".

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by nenothtu

The sooner, the better. Let's get with it, and leave room for the cockroaches top develop. maybe they'll be wiser.

Speak for yourself matey.

Will you be offing yourself anytime soon then?

I'll leave it for you to do. I prefer to be "genocided" so my progeny can whine about what "victims" they are.

It seems to be all rage these days.

Wait... if I have any progeny left to whine, how is it "genocide"? Better bring extra rockets for the school busses, so you can do a proper job of it.

edit on 2011/4/13 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by backinblack

Hamas takes responsibility

The al-Qassam Brigades, the armed wing of the Hamas movement, said it had shot two missiles early in the day, one of which had hit the school bus. The Brigades said the attack came in reponse to Israel's killing of three of its members last week.

So, I see no mention of a laser guided anti tank missile or that they deliberately targeted a school bus..
The crumby rockets Hamas fire are often referred to as missiles..
Check the multiple threads if you don't believe me..

/start sarcasm
Of course you dont.. Imagine my surprise.. Even with the information in front of you, with the links, and the cited sources, your still blind to it because it would undermine your argument.

Sad really...
/end sarcasm

I know you are an intelligent person so please quit playing the games, it gets old. The article is from Aljazaeera, it has the Israeli side of the story, as well as the interview of the Hamas spokespoerson who says Hamas launched 2 missiles (NOT rockets, huge difference between the 2) and 1 hit the bus.

A rocket is not guided, a missile is.

What more do you need? Semantics in this case is irrelevant.
edit on 12-4-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

MAAANNNN.
it's like every time i meet you, in recent weeks, you've gone further downhill.
koolaid much [maybe a beaker of it?]

here is a link:Hamas is a Creation of Mossad

THINK

if that legless baby turned into a lump of charcoal were your kid, what would you do?

1- blow up a schoolbus full of kids?

2- blow up a bunch of politicians?

hint there is only one correct answer.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Roaches are surprisingly resistant to eradication. Even nuking your house won't get rid of them. Perhaps we have found the one species that can't ever be victim to "genocide".

I think any race can fall victim to Genocide, but while Hitler's intent may have been the actual elimination of the Jewish Race and or people, he would have had to conquer most of the known world to kill them all.

So humans are pretty resiliant too when it comes to genocide.

The Palestinians have much like the Jews did when sent into Diaspora spread out far and wide as many were evicted from Palestine propper or left of their own volition.

So it would seem to me Genocide is really just the systematic attempt to attrit the numbers of a race but a strategy that even when carried out to it's extreme like in Nazi Germany couldn't actually succeed.

So I think when it comes to 'Genocide" it's really just a matter of determining if a state is systematically targeting a race for attrition.

In our world of often skewered standards, if your effort to ethnically cleanse a people falls short of the numbers wracked up by the Germans then many are quick to dismiss it as not Genocide, even though it's still a systematic effort on the part of a state to attrit the numbers of a specific race/religion.

Some would say there is a real danger in using that kind of accounting system where a certain threshold in body count or tactics have to be met as some kind of "Gold Standard" to qualify.

For now my biggest problem with the Cock Roaches remains how to get them to stay still enough once captured to place the micro-video cameras on them for their re-release into the local health club's women's locker room.

Go figure.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Don't have time to read through the whole thing right now....

So the reports I read are claiming one of these were intentionally fired at and hit a nearly empty bus.... Looking at that thing, it probably costs quite a bit of cash eh? And they supposedly wasted it on a bus, which looks like maybe a grenade hit it.... I call BS....

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

here is a link:Hamas is a Creation of Mossad

Thank you for this. Explains a lot

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
How dare they have real weapons to actually fight back, this is a travesty! Only Pringles cans to shoot morter rounds are allowed. Actually second thought Pringles are probably banned in Gaza because they contain food. lol

You're right. The extremists have every right to fight back, especially when it comes to blowing up Israeli civilians who have nothing to do with the military's actions against Palestine.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

So it would seem to me Genocide is really just the systematic attempt to attrit the numbers of a race but a strategy that even when carried out to it's extreme like in Nazi Germany couldn't actually succeed.

So I think when it comes to 'Genocide" it's really just a matter of determining if a state is systematically targeting a race for attrition.

In our world of often skewered standards, if your effort to ethnically cleanse a people falls short of the numbers wracked up by the Germans then many are quick to dismiss it as not Genocide, even though it's still a systematic effort on the part of a state to attrit the numbers of a specific race/religion.

I can't, by any stretch of the imagination, see Hitler's action against the Jews as a "Genocide" either. About as far as I can go with it is to call it an attempted genocide. Jews still walk among us, Tasmanians do not. See the difference there?

Some would say there is a real danger in using that kind of accounting system where a certain threshold in body count or tactics have to be met as some kind of "Gold Standard" to qualify.

Agreed. It's pretty harsh and heartless to try to finesse an all or none proposition.

For now my biggest problem with the Cock Roaches remains how to get them to stay still enough once captured to place the micro-video cameras on them for their re-release into the local health club's women's locker room.

Go figure.

You need some really fine rope, or some really tiny handcuffs... LOTS of handcuffs - they've got several hands each. Women's locker room, you say? That's an EXCELLENT spur for the development of nanotechnology!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

You mean we can't use the Israeli Defense Forces were hiding in the bus and using the children as human shields like the Israelis do when they deliberately target schools and hospitals by saying Hamas fighters are hiding in them and using the now dead civilians as human shields.

Where the Hamas fighters supposedly present either luckily snuck away at the last minute before the attack, or were hidden before reporters got there?

Wow that sucks!

There is though not a shred of proof Hamas specifically targeted the bus or even that it was Hamas that carried out the attack.

So making the case that Hamas would only use better weapons to hurt Israeli Civilians in the Illegally Occupied Portions of Palestine that Hamas usually targets with it's missiles is a bit of a stretch to say the the least.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

If the school bus was indeed deliberately targeted and if it was a school bus then that is totally indifensible,
however,how many palestinian kids have fallen victim to israeli air and artillery strikes over the years?
who are the true "animals"?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Smurfwicked

Inredible!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Israel will go down if they continue to disobey God like they have been. The man problem is the attitude of Israelis that they are God's chosen people which many think gives them the right to do whatever evil they want in the world. This is not true. Israel either gets right with God or they will be going bye bye at some point.

You don't kill Palestinians and then harvest their organs if you're "God's chosen people". That's a sick joke!

Wake up Israel and stop doing evil!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by meathed
reply to post by SaturnFX

Where is your 2 billion people with positive thoughts now????
You are a hypocryte. Now wonder why i didnt want to give you my positive thoughts. You are disgusting.
You not only believe the lies of the royals but also the lies of israel.
Great positive thinking mate

HYYPOCRYTE.
And i could add a little more substance if you would like.( My condescending tone to you this time)
edit on 13-4-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

Sorry if I am not a shallow one view type person.
If I get punched, I won't be thinking of roses, and if I am being hugged, I won't be thinking of fighting.

If you believe people must have only a single side to them, then you are unable to understand the complexity of humanity.

I see no dilemma in the balance between wishing for the best, and accepting the realism.

you misspelled hypocrite
Feel free to add more, you will find as you grow older however that there is more to people than a single viewpoint for all things in life.

Glad you stopped by to play.

Also glad you got a few stars for that. Yes, many believe everyone must be one dimensional and fit into a box. easier to dismiss or embrace a person so long as they do not have multiple viewpoints.

edit on 13-4-2011 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by GlennCanady
Israel will go down if they continue to disobey God like they have been. The man problem is the attitude of Israelis that they are God's chosen people which many think gives them the right to do whatever evil they want in the world. This is not true. Israel either gets right with God or they will be going bye bye at some point.
You don't kill Palestinians and then harvest their organs if you're "God's chosen people". That's a sick joke!
Wake up Israel and stop doing evil!

You are right..
Many Jews believe it was not the right time to create Israel yet..
Maybe the Israeli's have it wrong..The current Israel is not protected by God..

Maybe this Israel needs to perish and the true Israel will be created at the right time and they will keep to God's word by not killing and stealing land etc..

Who knows, it's just a thought..

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Where is your 2 billion people with positive thoughts now????
You are a hypocryte. Now wonder why i didnt want to give you my positive thoughts. You are disgusting.
You not only believe the lies of the royals but also the lies of israel.
Great positive thinking mate

HYYPOCRYTE.
And i could add a little more substance if you would like.( My condescending tone to you this time)
edit on 13-4-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

Sorry if I am not a shallow one view type person.
If I get punched, I won't be thinking of roses, and if I am being hugged, I won't be thinking of fighting.

If you believe people must have only a single side to them, then you are unable to understand the complexity of humanity.

I see no dilemma in the balance between wishing for the best, and accepting the realism.

you misspelled hypocrite
Feel free to add more, you will find as you grow older however that there is more to people than a single viewpoint for all things in life.

Glad you stopped by to play.

Also glad you got a few stars for that. Yes, many believe everyone must be one dimensional and fit into a box. easier to dismiss or embrace a person so long as they do not have multiple viewpoints.

edit on 13-4-2011 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

Just because the speak in a condesending tone and you correct me for one spelling error, and then you speak down on me for my age just proves that you are a little childish in your actions and ways. And just because your older does make you wise mate.
I am far from one dimensional thanks. At least i dont hide my true self through false intentions like you do mate.
Hypocryte. ( old school spelling mate)
And when you can handle being wrong you might just grow up a little.

Peace

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Now wonder why i didnt want to give you my positive thoughts.

You not only believe the lies of the royals...

Wanted to add one more thing about these two statements in paricular

The thread your discussing (off topic, but whatever) had nothing to do with sending -me- positive thoughts, or the royals, or anything of that nature. This demonstrates you simply have no clue what that thread was about and the point behind it. Read it again if your truely this confused (you won't). Alternatively, you can just superficially dismiss everyone whom you cannot understand, then get angry when you personally believe they are being more complex and don't fit in your box thinking
you will find the world to be a frustrating place with that attitude.

I am an enemy of religion...I have nearly physical simptoms of disgust whenever I see it

This war is a religious war by islam on judism and basically anything else not islamic

Do not take that statement to think I am sympathetic towards judism or christianity...actually, it is the hebrew religion that started all of this nonsense off, so they are arguably on top of my hit list.
They are the foundation for all the hate on this planet for the past 2000 years (give or take).

I will always attack anyone using this to justify violence and will cheer as I watch the skin and bones of jihadists, martyrs, or any other religious warrior turn to vapor
why?
because religion is the most disgusting manmade invention ever and must be stopped...not until all religion is wiped off the face of the earth will we know peace and harmony.

When there is positive thinking and happiness, joy, I will be there cheering and smiling...and when there is a religious nut ready to kill heratics and infidels, I will be there ready to see them smashed.

I see these two different sides to be in perfect balance.

I will give the islamic terrorists credit though, they are at least up front and use the sword still to make their points. Christianity has evolved into using the pen and buying entire political partys across the world to further their crusade. much harder to fight moral legislation that way than old school styles of blowing up kids in the name of the holy land promised to them.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

You mean we can't use the Israeli Defense Forces were hiding in the bus and using the children as human shields like the Israelis do when they deliberately target schools and hospitals by saying Hamas fighters are hiding in them and using the now dead civilians as human shields.

Where the Hamas fighters supposedly present either luckily snuck away at the last minute before the attack, or were hidden before reporters got there?

Wow that sucks!

There is though not a shred of proof Hamas specifically targeted the bus or even that it was Hamas that carried out the attack.

So making the case that Hamas would only use better weapons to hurt Israeli Civilians in the Illegally Occupied Portions of Palestine that Hamas usually targets with it's missiles is a bit of a stretch to say the the least.

Ahem, time to come back to reality. Ok? Cool.
This whole "Israel is so bad and evil" argument has been exhausted and worn out. Both sides are wrong when it comes to extremism. BOTH sides.

Hamas along with other Palestinians are guilty of human atrocities.
So are Israel military forces who harm civilians in Palestine.

That's the way it is. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Read it again if your truely this confused

BTW, it's you're not your and it's truly not truely ..

Seen as how you are big on grammar I thought I'd just point that out for you..

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Ahem, time to come back to reality. Ok? Cool.
This whole "Israel is so bad and evil" argument has been exhausted and worn out. Both sides are wrong when it comes to extremism. BOTH sides.

Hamas along with other Palestinians are guilty of human atrocities.
So are Israel military forces who harm civilians in Palestine.

That's the way it is. Thanks.

No it's not..
The way it is is that Israel continues to oppress and illegally invade and settle on Palestinian land..
That makes Israel the aggressor and justifies action from Palestinians..
THAT'S the way it is.Thanks...

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join