It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas' Powerful New Weapon Alters Strategic Calculations Along the Gaza Strip

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Hamas' Powerful New Weapon Alters Strategic Calculations Along the Gaza Strip

www.foxnews.com

Hamas’ recent use of a Russian-made, laser-guided anti-tank missile against a school bus marks a clear change in the strategic balance along the fragile Gaza-Israel border: By either fate, or perhaps design, the Hamas attack comes just as Israel deployed its “Iron Dome” missile defense system that has rendered Hamas’ Grad rockets almost useless against civilian targets.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.huffingtonpost.com
www.guardian.co.uk
www.strategypage.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Missile from Gaza hits Israeli school bus; 2 hurt
Ahmadinejad Warns Israel Against Second Gaza War

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
So now Hamas has acquired laser guided missiles, which is a significant improvement over the usual mortar rounds. That whole region of the world seems just be escalating in violence and it seems as if this attack might of been good timing on the part of hamas. It sounds possible that hamas might of been diverting attention from planning a future military operation and to boast its new capability. Israel's famous Iron Dome has just failed them, which they say according to my additional news links is in experimental phase.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
laser guided missiles are easier to defeat than mortars laser jammers are decades old.

israel has devoloped alot of active protection systems..most notably the trophy aps.

the older iron fist

edit on 12-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
That's crossing the line, they and who ever gave them those munitions can be expecting some serious retaliation.

Not cool, overkill and now it is going to get ugly. Expect it to get hot over there this summer, maybe even spring with that kind of escalation of force.

+58 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
How dare they have real weapons to actually fight back, this is a travesty! Only Pringles cans to shoot morter rounds are allowed. Actually second thought Pringles are probably banned in Gaza because they contain food. lol

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Israel learned alot of hard lessons during the Yom Kippur War during 1973. A very large amount of their tanks were lost to special tank busting missiles supplied by the Russians to the invading arab armies. A sort of wire guide missile that was used to devastating effect.

You can be guaranteed that they have improved their defenses from these sort of arms... One has to wonder if tanks maybe coming rarer and rarer these days. With as many anti tank equipment and laser guided weapons a tank can seem to be a liability unless new defenses can come on line to deal with these attacks.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderboy2402
Israel learned alot of hard lessons during the Yom Kippur War during 1973. A very large amount of their tanks were lost to special tank busting missiles supplied by the Russians to the invading arab armies. A sort of wire guide missile that was used to devastating effect.

You can be guaranteed that they have improved their defenses from these sort of arms... One has to wonder if tanks maybe coming rarer and rarer these days. With as many anti tank equipment and laser guided weapons a tank can seem to be a liability unless new defenses can come on line to deal with these attacks.

Small little Israel has some of the most advanced weaponry of the world. I think the main concern here is now Hamas has used a laser guided missiles to attack a civilian target such as this bus.

+38 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
How dare they have real weapons to actually fight back, this is a travesty! Only Pringles cans to shoot morter rounds are allowed. Actually second thought Pringles are probably banned in Gaza because they contain food. lol

Fight back? Against a School BUS!

So, laser guided .... I assume they were AIMING for the school bus. What Pieces of Shlt they are.

And you wonder why there is such little sympathy for these POS animals.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

You would be surprised what people will do when pushed to the very edge, where as I don't agree with it, I understand that If Israel really cared they could maybe stop destroying peoples homes and repressing a whole nation, turning human beings into monsters doing the only thing they can to get the worlds attention.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Iran or Egypt? I was wondering before I seen your post.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I think it's a false flag. I think it's more believable that Israel either provided the weapons under the guise of some other organization providing arms to Hamas or Israel attacked the bus themselves. This way they can further justify bombing and settling the occupied territories. The timing seems too convenient.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Smurfwicked

A Laser guided anti tank missile slamming into a non military target. Hamas, if they use this thing from this point on out, can no longer use the argument of an uncontrolled rocket randomly striking targets. This would support the argument that they are intentioanlly targeting innocent civilians, including Children, which if I rmeber right goes against the fatwah issued towards Israel, and is also against the Quran.

Before people jump all over me about the non Israel side, I point out the article topic and the implications involved in them escalating to this point.

They have stated they want a cease fire, and have been irked in the past over targeted assasinations of their leaders. If they continue using this weapon, I dont think they will much care for whats coming down the pipeline.

+24 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

How is this any different than when Israel bombs a school or hospital in gaza with lazer guided bombs? One must assume they were aiming for them.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

No offense but if it's a new powerful weapon then it did a lousy job on a flimsy bus...
It wouldn't even take the paint off a tank.

Is there proof it was a laser guided missile apart from Fox or Israeli sources.?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

No offense but if it's a new powerful weapon then it did a lousy job on a flimsy bus...
It wouldn't even take the paint off a tank.

Is there proof it was a laser guided missile apart from Fox or Israeli sources.?

Of course not.. The West is accused of not showing information that paints them in a bad light, and the Middle East is no different in refusing to post information that makes the arab governments, or Hamas terrorists look bad.

EDIT TO ADD - Wow... I stand corrected....

Hamas says Gaza ceasefire agreed - Aljazeera

This is in the article representing the Israeli view

A projectile - which Israeli military officials said was an anti-tank missile - was fired from the Gaza Strip toward Nahal Oz, near Sa'ad in the Sdot region of southern Israel, damaging a school bus.

And now Hamas's answer found in the middle of the article

Hamas takes responsibility

The al-Qassam Brigades, the armed wing of the Hamas movement, said it had shot two missiles early in the day, one of which had hit the school bus. The Brigades said the attack came in reponse to Israel's killing of three of its members last week.

Not rockets... Missiles. Huge difference between the 2 and Hamas knows the difference.

I would say this is confirmed, and confirmed by Hamas of all groups. I also point out that Hamas states the attack was in retaliation for killing 3 of its members. So instead of retaliating against Israeli military targets, they target a school bus.

Yeah.. .. talk about cowards
edit on 12-4-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Fighting back against a school bus? Real fine "men" you support there mayabong.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
its easy to look at a news headline and declare palestine malcontent; its harder to look at tyranny directly and declare who is oppressing who. if israel(the place in palestine) decides to pull back on bulldozing because of some new weapon palestine has they are evil for the sake of bulldozing a house and mistreatment of people who dont have equal arms.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
These false flags are just becoming too common, things are really heating up over their and as i have regularly posted of late i believe Israel is infact inciting all the unrest from Egypt to Iran.
They want to be attacked, they want to be the victim!

+30 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by infolurker

Fight back? Against a School BUS!

So, laser guided .... I assume they were AIMING for the school bus. What Pieces of Shlt they are.

And you wonder why there is such little sympathy for these POS animals.

it is wrong to kill children. but why don't you call the israel's pos animals when they killed over 400 children in the 2009 war where over 1,900 people were killed, mostly civilians, women and kids.

[Graphic Content Removed By Staff]

were was their iron dome.

what would you do if these were your kids. you'll never know or dream to understand what the palestinians are going thru. what would you do if you were picking up pieces of your kids from a school yard, and the people responsible are thousands of miles away dining at state diners and posing for pictures calling each other best friends. don't judge, pray.

the israeli's are the aggressors, the palestinians are abandoned and left to dry by an powerless international community that can't do anything as long as the u.s. vetoes every attempt to end this.

this isn't a religious war. this is so far away from God it might as well be hell.

edit on 12-4-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/14/2011 by tothetenthpower because: removed graphic content

edit on 14-4-2011 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget
These false flags are just becoming too common, things are really heating up over their and as i have regularly posted of late i believe Israel is infact inciting all the unrest from Egypt to Iran.
They want to be attacked, they want to be the victim!

Uhm.. not a false flag.. Hamas took responsibility for it.. See my post about 4 up.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join