It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you help a lady with her: Puppy?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLegend

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by TheLegend
That's too bad regarding your emotional connection but death isn't bad at all, it's just another step in the spiritual evolution of organisms. Her puppy soul has matured thanks to your efforts. She will come back somewhere at some time.

"Death is but the awakening from a dream of having lived"

- Aztec proverb

Blessed are they that mourn.. for they shall be comforted.

It will get better my friend, try to move on though...

Best solution i've found when dealing with the loss of a pet is to get another one. You're not replacing them thats just imposible. Yet you can find comfort in giving your love to another little one that needs it...

With love
Aaron

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
The reason my post was removed was because I lashed out at someone who said something very hurtful to Gracie. I did not curse or say anything vulgar, so I don't understand why it was "extreme" The post I was responding to was extreme.I just wanted you to know that. How are you today hon? Have you gotten any decent sleep yet? I hope that you are feeling a little better.....have you made a definite decision on the puppy yet?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Are you going to keep this new puppy? I think you should. As Akragon suggested.

I had a dog for 15 years I held as he was euthanized in 2008. He was my lil bro and I never cried in public except that day.
I made a music vid in honor of him (see text at 4:40). Maybe this will help www.youtube.com... He fought hard to live and didn't want to give up (the wolf in him) and the lyrics went with him. Maybe they can go with Lucy too.

Hmm, on the drive to the vet's I made sure to give him chocolate chip cookies and he allowed me to kiss him on the snout for the very first time (he was abused as a pup and was psychotically ferocious ever since + mostly wolf). He was different at the end though and that made the fifteen years of taking care of him to heal his soul worth it.

Think of the good you did for Lucy and carry that in your heart.
edit on 21-4-2011 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Thank you Akragon, it's good advice, I'm just not sure I'm up for taking it. We'll see. I'd never turn it away if it really needs a home that's for sure. I just hope it's puppy breath and little soulful eyes and puppy-wiggle can work it's magic and unbend my heart from not wanting another.

And yes, those who mourn are comforted... Thank you

peace

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Hi You - *hugs*
I'm sorry your post got removed. I didn't read either of them and yes, I'm sorry you took the flack or standing up for friends.

I'm better today in some ways, I don't keep seeing her at every turn, but, worse in others, I just am having a harder time than ever getting over her... I guess I never will, but time will heal, and the love and concern from friends like here on ATS helps tons too.
hugs and thanks

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLegend

Thanks for the YT vid. I'm listening to it now and honestly am back to crying my eyes out again. But in a good way I guess.
I almost choked when you said you have your ol guy chocolate chip cookies, you know chocolate is lethal too a dog - then I thought, ah hell, I should have given my Lucy a chocolate drop on her final trip to the vet too.
I'm sorry you lost your dog, and, when I read you finally got to give him a kiss on the snout, well...talk about needing another box a hankies.
It's a beautiful story and I'm enjoying the vid - *listening* - now will have to go back and watch it.
hugs and peace to you
gracie

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

They fined me 1000 points! *sigh* Oh well....I will always defend my friends no matter what.I'm glad you are doing a little better Gracie....it takes time. You will never forget her, but it will get better. You know, I think that other puppy would help you a lot. I felt the same when my cat died....did not want any more pets. Then one day, I found a kitten in a storm drain....wet and crying. Well I brought him home and he really helped me! It kind of keeps you occupied....not replacing the old pet, just giving you something to focus on. Also, they will make you smile despite everything. Not trying to tell you what to do, but I think it would be good for you....how much longer will the puppy be available? ((((((hugs))))) back to you!
edit on 22-4-2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Not trying to tell you what to do, but I think it would be good for you....how much longer will the puppy

Weird that! I just sent you a U2U like two minutes ago and got a call from the 'puppy people'!

They're in a nearby town, the puppy has had her second set of 'shots' and they want to meet with me again her at my home to make sure she will be happy and cared for and loved.

Wow.

That really surprises me. I didn't give them that kind of credit and for that I feel a bit ashamed, but, I'll not make that mistake again.

So, they're going to come here this evening. It's 1650 now and they' should be here in about an hour.
EEEEKKKK!!!!!

I guess it was when I promised to keep them updated with pictures that they decided on me over other people who would pay. That's impressive of them. I guess they really love their dogs.
So, I'll keep you informed over the next little bit.

In the mean time? Lucy's grave is now covered with blue flowers, cornflower blue. The green is matting out over where she lays and the ground is beginning to look not so scarred. The lilacs are perfuming the air, Etna is looking down on her grave and peace is beginning to settle.

Thank you all, again, from my heart.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Thats good news about the visit.
Sounds like they can tell who may make the best new owner of their pup.

Seems I may have been right when I said this could be "meant to be."

Hope it all goes well for you.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I am not going to hide it....I'm EXCITED about you getting the puppy!!! **jumps up and down**....you don't have to, but if you keep her, I think you should name her Sunny or Sunshine....because Lucy loved the sun....or....does she already have a name? If you take her, I want mucho pics ok?
You know, since they picked you over paying prospects, that tells me it was meant to be. I know Lucy would approve because if she could talk she would say she didn't want you to be sad and lonely....I think she is looking down and very pleased to see you helping another baby!

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Good morning/afternoon, Gracie.

Terrific news. I hope (and am betting) you get the puppy.
I was compelled to stop by here and see if you left any updates before I went to teach.

Give that mountain of love you have to the next little soul.

PS Yes, I only gave him choco chip cookies at the point of no return. Giving him the cookies was difficult tho because it acknowledged that w/o a doubt he was going to be put down in the next 20 mins. It was surreal.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Looking foward to hearing about what happens when Silo sees those folks.
Whatever happens Silo,
Just make sure that nothing bad happens again in your garden.
(You must be extra vigilant if there are bad folks about,I have to in my garden in Wales.)
Patrol the perimeter,to make sure no one puts anything bad anywhere.
Never be out of sight of your new pup(if you decide to go for it).
I would hate to hear of anything bad happening,so do NOT let it.
Be pro active.
If you go out,take your pup with you if possible.
That aside,
what a companion a puppy pitbull could be for you.
Clever,loyal dogs they can be with a good owner,and we already know you fit the bill.

But they are also high maintinence in terms of excercise and attention needs.
Ultimatley,do whatever feels right for you.
Listen to your friends,but remember its a big commitment.

I think it would do you good,and the pup too.
But you must choose what your heart tells you.
You have our support either way.
Best regards,Sil.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I can't wait to hear what happened! I feel like I am the one getting the puppy!!!

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLegend

You have a good heart Legend.....sorry about your pup.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Hi All...
Well, here’s a picture of the pup BEFORE her injury. She’s the dark one - very brindle colored now.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/30f6f4bd61ae.jpg[/atsimg]

Now? She’s got a puncture in her head and a shunt to drain the fluid.

BUT!

She’s everything a puppy should be.
She’s got puppy breath.
She piddles at any given moment.
She’s got a warm bald puppy tummy.
She wiggles.
She wags her tail and not in time with her wiggle.

What’s she’s not is healthy and sound.

And she needs home.

So I guess May 2cnd I’ll have a new puppy...

peace

edit on 22-4-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

OMG!!! How PRECIOUS!!! Thankyou for posting that! Here's a song from me to you....to symbolize a new beginning with this sweet baby....read the lyrics....as soon as I heard it I thought of you and your new baby! I'm so HAPPY for you!!!!

edit on 22-4-2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Oh, she's gorgeous.

And she's got everything a puppy should have. A round little tum and a waggy tail would be enough to persuade me, never mind all the other stuff

Thank you for the update - it's going to be a long ten days

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Something to look forward to! She's so cute!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/33cbde34870a.jpg[/atsimg]

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join