It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you help a lady with her: Puppy?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I'm a little late to the threads.
Second line.
edit on 27-4-2011 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Hey StealthyKat,
My own Mum beat a DVT,and is none the worse for it.
Regards to your Mum,hope she's on the mend.
Get her some good healthy food to aid her recovery.

reply to post by silo13

I hope you are doing good Silo,
I understand you are reluctant to take a new pup,
Give it time and follow your heart,If now is not the right time to for you to invest in a new canine companion,then so be it.
No one here will think any different about you whatever you choose.

But I have a feeling that one day in the future,you will have more dogs in your life.
Like someone mentioned,its quite possible that we don't choose our pets-rather they choose us.

Hope you had a good Easter.

Edit:Check out this video of dogs being trained by prisoners,You will like this Silo,look at some of those brindle pits,

And enjoy the song friend.

How good is that?but I can't take the credit,head on over to HomerinNC's thread for more prison dog vids:
www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=11192440#pid11192440
edit on 28/4/2011 by Silcone Synapse because: a good vid link added

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Thank you Silicone...
I wasn't able to watch the vids right off, but you're right, beautiful stuff that...
As for doing 'well' - today's a bad day - but - don't we all have them.
hugs and thanks
gracie

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Thanks! She is doing better they said....so she may be coming home soon!

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I hope tomorrow is a better day.....how much longer do you have to decide about the puppy?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Australiana

Maybe I picked up your psychic impressions......hey! Is that Rod Serling over there??!!!!!!!~

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

WOW.....this is like we are reading each other's minds
Well my Mom's name is Patricia, so that really wouldn't be a good name for a dog.....I thought of Sarah because I had a Doberman with that name....she was the sweetest thing.. I had a Sharpei named Jasmine.....

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

'Patty' would be good though...
And how long do I have?
She's going to be here Monday whether I like it or not - unless something changed in between time of course.
UGH!

It's been a really tough day Kat. I dunno why, but man oh man I've been just so missing my Lucy. I've got to get over this - I KNOW I KNOW, lol - but it's still going to take time.

I'll keep you updated on how - when - or if little 'Patty' shows up...

hugs

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Sorry to hear you're having such a bad day. I wanted to try and cheer you up a bit so decided to post a couple of pictures of my little rats. They're not very good, my camera wasn't up to much and it's pretty obvious I was living in a right rat-hole
Anyway, here's Eldred on my bed where, as you can see, he'd been generously shedding his fur to add to the comfort of my mattress:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e39c42269ae2.jpeg[/atsimg]

And here's Bonnie. She used to nick the Christmas bells, one at a time from the end of the chain and hide them under my bed. Also, note her contribution to the decor. Of course the room looked better with a few nibbles in the wallpaper and flooring:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8086efa4b9d4.jpeg[/atsimg]

edit on 30-4-2011 by berenike because: to add second picture

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by berenike

OH! Bonnie the Siamese rat! They are my favorite!
I've really got to find someone here who has them... They're so beautiful.
Thank you so much for the pictures. Honest.
People really need to stop going EEEK! over rats and start to go 'Awwwww'! instead.
They're so clean and so beautiful and have personalities to rival every other pet.
Well you made my Sunday - thank you!
HUGS and peace
gracie

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Sorry that I came late to this thread.

Your video had me in tears. I'm so sorry for your loss of the beautiful Lucy. We had to put our nearly 16 y.o. mini-pin, Christy, to sleep on March 31st. We had time to prepare for this eventuality though, because last July he suffered from a massive stroke which the vet was able to bring him back from with Vit. K and antibiotics. On the 31st of March, though, we realized there was no coming back from this one and the vet confirmed. It's difficult not having him here and we miss him, but we know he is at peace now.

Wishing you much joy with your new puppy when she is able to come home with you. Looking forward to seeing her pics!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by elfie

Thank you Elfie,
I just sit back and shake my head. I cannot even imagine loosing a beloved pet after 16 YEARS - like you and yours did. I feel almost ashamed to have such a breaking heart over only a couple of months, but, there it is.
Personally? I believe we'll see our 'babies' again - I hope you do to... We can take some comfort from that.

peace and thank you again
gracie

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I know it's hard honey, but I'll bet when the baby gets there, she will capture your heart......she will NEVER replace Lucy, but she will make it easier and she will keep you busy for sure! I know how you're feeling because when my cat died a few years ago, I swore I would never have another one. But here I with TWO again.....and I wouldn't trade them for the world I still miss Peeper, but I love Teddy and Smoochy just as much. I hope things get easier soon....((((((((hugs))))))))))

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
When it rains it pours!
It's storming out - I'm sick - high temp and supposed to be in bed but her 'highness' is here.
UGH! I just want her GONE! I mean come on, what's worse than a the flue? Picking up puppy poo with the flue.
If I wasn't so miserable I'd laugh...(probably will later)...

I can't believe she's here... Not right for me at all but at least she has a home... Don't get me wrong, I'm being kind of course but my heart just isn't in it. She's adorable and smart and sweet and wiggly - but - she's...just another dog.

Anyway, too sick to do the picture thing tonight but I'll get one on here tomorrow.

Back to bed for me...at least that keeps her from crying...

hugs and thanks all
edit on 2-5-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Holy mackerel Silo,
You got the pup and now you are sick?
the tests you have been facing...things like this happen for a reason in my book,and you have been through the worst I hope.
Things can only get better fof you I think,your graph has reached the trough,and is now beginning its ascent to a future peak.
Get better soon,drink lots of fruit juice.
Everything will slowly get better after your fever subsides.
Think of it as a purge of all the bad things that have happened to you and Lucy lately.

I think you are a true star for helping this new pup,
you don't yet know that perhaps,but that may be a part of the plan for your destiny-often those who do good works don't even recognise it when they do them.
Good health to you.

No replies required Silo,Get a good rest,break your fever.
I think its a 2 day bug,you'll be sweet again in another day or so.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well Gracie.....you come back when you are able ok? Till then make sure you get some rest and eat properly.......I hope you feel better soon!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0fe855198ef8.jpg[/atsimg]

Ok so I'm going to blame this all on my fever! That is the ONLY reason I'm being such a 'softy'... Deleriouse with 104 temp. You bet.

Well, that and this nameless pup knows just how to work all the EVIL WHILES of a pup...

She knows JUST how to snore at night. And of course snuggle.

She also is quite proficient at making sure she gives that forlorn 'but...but...you love me don't you' look every time I try to run my back.

And that little girl puppy whine - all dainty and pathetic coming from such a jar head? Dainty is the word to describe her...until she lurches off the bed in joy... Then 'dainty' is replaced with 'galumph'!

Big test this. I offered her a carrot (I've no bones for her yet) - but nooooo did she fail that one? Nope. She's a carrot killer at heart - I'll be more than safe from vicious vegetables!

Beyond that she doesn't mind I still love my Lucy and miss her so much I ache. No, she doesn't mind, in fact she makes sure to lick the tears away and then sits back and gives a tail wag...that one that says she'll be patient with me and give me all the time I need.

Gawd I'm such a sap!
Back to bed for me...
hugs and thanks all

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Oh my goodness

If I had to be sick and it was stormy outside, I can't think of anyone else I'd rather snuggle up to. I'm not being a traitor to my little mutt, but his idea of a snuggle usually involves putting his rear end towards me and, when he gets fed up, stepping off the end of the bed onto the sofa with his bum in the air, tail up. I've lost count of the mornings that sight has greeted me

My last dog was a brindle Staffordshire Bull Terrier and he must have come top of the class in manipulative skills. The easiest way is to give in gracefully - unless it's something really important. And he never minded if I got it wrong, he'd be very forgiving. If I fed him when he wanted to go out he'd just eat the food and try again, very patiently, to tell me what he really wanted

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

What a little beauty she is!

Get well soon Silo.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

OMG! Too cute! Love her already! Just remember dogs can sense emotions... so if anything, just remind her that she is safe and loved... she needs a better mum than the last one. She is adorable and I believe a blessing no matter how you decide to go. Yes you miss Lucy, but this little one is there with you NOW and needs you more than anything on this earth at the moment - that in itself is priceless. It is hard to open your heart again as you are scared but there is no such thing as a coincidence in my opinion. May you receive ALL THE JOY in the world babe!

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join