It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
If you think your pet has recently (in the last hour or so) ingested rat poison, try to induce vomiting by administering hydrogen peroxide by mouth (you can also accomplish this with salted water or ipecac if you have some). For small dogs, give a teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide; for large dogs, a shot glass or comparable amount. If you can't do this, get to a veterinary hospital and have the vet try to evacuate your dog's stomach. If your pet ingested the poison, Vitamin K is the antidote of choice and should be given initially as an injection by your vet, followed by pills or capsules for up to six weeks. The injection is safest if given intramuscularly or subcutaneously, as some dogs have a violent allergic reaction if given the product intravenously. The length of time to give the Vitamin K pills depends on the variety of rat poison ingested. Some are very long-acting and require the full six weeks of therapy. We recommend testing your pet's blood for its ability to clot after stopping the antidote, usually two days later. The poison involved causes hemorrhaging since it interferes with the blood's ability to form clots
If you are sure that your pet ingested rat poison then you should immediately induce vomitting and take your dog to your veterinarian as quick as possible and do not let them eat or drink anything after vomit. The faster you take your dog to your vet and get rat poison treatments, the higher chance of cure and survival rate.
Please tell me you are not posting on ATS for an emergent issue about a creature that is bound to die..
Did you think the people here could prey or do magic to get your puppy out its situation?
This is your fault to be honest, if you knew the people in your area would do this type of thing then why would you own a dog? On the other hand why would you not protect that life knowing this?
You are to blame on all accounts....
If you had or suspected you would had money issues..why would you buy a pet that would cause a drain on your situation, complete bull#. If you want to consider a "pet" as part of your household then you need to be able to take in account for all situations...including the neighbors
I have two amazing dogs that I love like children, but they are trained and treated like dogs seriously it is quite easy to train them to only eat food that you give them and only when they are given the command words.