It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50,000 McJobs now available!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Yay, McJobbies...
Well, I don't know any professionals whom will accept that, however its good news anyhow. McDon's employees tend to be the youth looking for extra money to immediately spend on anything...stimulating the economy with wreckless spending, and that stimulates other businesses which may in fact hire for a real job...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Never had to work for a fast food joint but if I really had to I would. For those asking where the 50,000 will work...there are roughly 14,000 McDonald restaurants in the US. Approx every 4 hours a new one goes up. That is an average of 3 workers per location not including the McD's that just opened 2 hours ago & then next one opening in another 2 hours.
edit on 5-4-2011 by pacofunk64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by routerboy
I work in McDonalds. (At the weekends) They actually train you with roleplays to say, "Would you like fries with that Sir" and "Salt, ketchup?" and they also train you to tell the customer what price it is, and when they are getting out their money - you are told to walk away from them, in order to look busy, then come back and take their money and give them mostly change so that they put it into the mcdonalds box at the front that looks like a charity box, but it's really for tips.

Wow...very interesting. Thanks for that info...I noticed just today how they walk away while you are getting your money

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Great info!

Good luck job hunting everyone

Thanks for the post mate!

I appretiate it!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Yay, McJobbies...
Well, I don't know any professionals whom will accept that, however its good news anyhow. McDon's employees tend to be the youth looking for extra money to immediately spend on anything...stimulating the economy with wreckless spending, and that stimulates other businesses which may in fact hire for a real job...

They would be overqualified. My brother applied for dozens upon dozens of jobs that he was not even considered for. They don't hire overqualified workers, so unless you're a student, or less advanced worker, you wouldn't get the job if you wanted it.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I really wish people would stop eating that crap. It causes so many health problems, and slaughterhouses are absolutely terrifying and disturbing.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
50,000 jobs.. That's pretty good...

Too bad they are all minimum wage which last I checked is ok for a kid wanting some extra money but not so good to live off of...

How about someone start manufacturing some goods... maybe you know.... sell them to stores and bring back the "Made in USA" label..... It's the new "Made in Taiwan" don't cha know (for the Fad Driven).

Then maybe we will see an end in sight for this mess...
edit on 5-4-2011 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by YourPopRock

Well, aren't we the righteous one. Ats should be proud of a ----------.

You probably just ruined a kids job career and you gloat about doing well if you stick in there!!!!!

A rat is, a rat, is a rat.

Flag from me op. I feel for ya. Hang in there. Righteousness needs desciples that are blind.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
But isn't job creation equate sales? McD's Shares grew by 13% this year, I'm pretty sure that this has something to do with it. Of course, this wouldn't be the time to invest, though... at least I wouldn't.

So unless anyone has concrete evidence that Obama is behind this, stop using your scare tactics to try and swing votes towards the right, we already have enough dishonest campaign messages to deal with, we don't need any more. This is another reason why democracy doesn't work... because of all the lies and deception.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

I will promise that they will turn away many applicants for being over qualified. I was unemployed for a few months and it was tough to find an interview for jobs that I was qualified for, so I began to apply at very entry level positions just to get a job.
I was turned away on several occasions for being over qualified. I have a Bachelors of Science and multiple minors. Employers are afraid of hiring over qualified individuals because they feel that they will leave for a better job as soon as it comes along.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

I recall many posters on ATS, who are unemployed, mentioned they'd most certainly take a job, any job, if they were readily available and local. As far as I know, there is a McDonalds ever 25 blocks in any/all cities across U.S and Canada. So put your money wear your mouth is, literally.

[Thought I'd post this on Breaking News for maximum exposure for those looking.]

I applied at McDonalds. I was told I was over qualified.

How can you be over qualified to flip freaking burgers?

A - I believe the manager could have felt threatened that I'd take his job (and I could have)

OR

B - That it was a race issue because I am white and everyone else who worked there was black.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I work in McDonalds. (At the weekends) They actually train you with roleplays to say, "Would you like fries with that Sir" and "Salt, ketchup?" and they also train you to tell the customer what price it is, and when they are getting out their money - you are told to walk away from them, in order to look busy, then come back and take their money and give them mostly change so that they put it into the mcdonalds box at the front that looks like a charity box, but it's really for tips.

The Ronald McDonald house is not tips.. it's a real live charity. If the employees were taking the money out of that as tips, your friend should have reported them to McDonalds customer service.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
reply to post by routerboy

If the people in that store are raiding that box, they need to be reported. Has your friend done anything about it?

I work there, we take the money for tips? It's a tips box, but it looks like a charity box - and when we give the change out in cents instead of dollars it provokes the customers to put some of it in the charity/tips box. That's how we're told, to supplement our pay.

Holy crap you're kidding right? You need to call the corporate office ASAP.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
So the questions would be...

50,000 employees are going to work where? Is McD's short 50,000 people? That's a huge shortage. Are they expanding rapidly? Are they firing 50,000 people? No!

There is an average of 50-60 people at one location. Is an announcement of opening 1000 new locations? No!

I have to post this in a more logical flow.

1. Obama gives McD's an exemption on ObamaCare.

2. McD's agrees to do a hiring blitz just before Election time.

3. Obama now talks about creating 50,000 jobs throughout the Country in one day. It's a miracle!

4. Little envelopes in the pay packs of 400,000 US employees suggesting support for Obama.

5. Obama gets another term as the citizens unite on what a great man he has turned out to be in lowering the un-employment rate..

6. Post Election layoffs of 50,000 people no longer needed.

Sweet...
edit on 4-4-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

ding ding ding ding!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by vegg90
I really wish people would stop eating that crap. It causes so many health problems, and slaughterhouses are absolutely terrifying and disturbing.

It's funny you seem to be the first to make the point that what in fact is going on is more Mcdonald restaurants, which means more Americans consuming unhealthy food. With record levels of obesity in American kids, more Maccy D's is the last thing your country needs right now, still, if it gets kids jobs serving the crap to the masses then who gives a damn right? Sounds like a sick society in more ways than one.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by palg1

really, why are you judging this person.? if you read the post carefully you will hear that they have been trained to believe it is a tips box. so why should they be ashamed... get off your soap box.... mcdonalds surely make enough money to be able to donate to any, if not every charity in the world.
edit on 5-4-2011 by consciousrevolutionary because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Hey - welcome to the future! You are the corporation's slave.

You realise this is all part of the plan - problem reaction solution?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by consciousrevolutionary
reply to post by palg1

really, why are you judging this person.? if you read the post carefully you will hear that they have been trained to believe it is a tips box. so why should they be ashamed... get off your soap box.... mcdonalds surely make enough money to be able to donate to any, if not every charity in the world.
edit on 5-4-2011 by consciousrevolutionary because: (no reason given)

Hah - yea really! Why is it left to the proles to donate their change when corporations like McDonald's are making billions??? it's a freakin travesty.

sometimes it feels like we will never wake up.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Starred and flagged. I am sick and tired of people whining about not being able to get a job, when I have a felony and no college education and just landed my THIRD job in 3 months! And I open the local help wanted ads and it is 50 jobs and ten pages!!! Granted many are sales, but if you're motivated enough.........

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join