It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50,000 McJobs now available!

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by maestromason

But all of that money pouring into those MSM organizations is based off ratings and viewership. If people weren't watching, they would change the programming. "Jerry Springer" and "16 and Pregnant sells". Grieving mothers sells. Gore sells. We are responsible for the programming, they just satisfy our urges. I agree that it is sick and twisted, but we need to quit pointing the finger "out there" and look at ourselves.

You may not realize that the majority of people in the US do not live in big cities. A car plowed into a fair over a year ago near me, in Monticello, Florida, and it is still in the news a year later. Every step of the trial, sentencing, every funeral, every birthday of the victims. It is news around here. And I live in the State Capital, with about a half-million residents when both colleges and the legislature are all in session. This isn't some podunk town, and this is still news! The McDonald's hiring fair was news here as well.

I get the big city, jaded outlook, but you have to realize that isn't necessarily the norm. That is just your norm.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Nice. Thanks for saving me keystrokes, Mod =)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

McDonalds only tried to get some people employed. Two people who apparently are not socially fit to live amongst the masses, let alone work in a diversified atmosphere showed their rear ends on national tv, that is all it was and guess who was conveniently there to "witness" the drama unfold at McDonald? Everyones friend, the cell phone.

The only one who got hired that day was the person who sold the "exclusive" rights of their cell-phone video to WJW Cleveland so they can in turn get ratings and viewership up. McDonalds is not in the "gore" or tragedy business, they just attempted to alleviate a little of the compounded suffering found in most of the US inner cities.

Guess how many people in the US did not get to see that viedo or hear about that news or will ever hear about that incident at McDonalds? What you, I and everyone else call news comes from our relative perspectives, not a media outlet.

edit on 21-4-2011 by maestromason because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
CanadianDream420,

Why don't you come to the US and find out how the job market is from a realist perspective and stop assuming what you see in Canada is all there is.What is happening in Canada is not what is going on here in the US. Just because your country boarders our does not mean you share our economic infrastructure. dreams and chains was correct in detecting your condescending tone. Looks like someone needs to travel outside their providence and see the world as it is, before making such degrading remarks.

Btw, What is Canada's GDP? It couldn't be McDonalds for that is just a chain of novelty establishments founded here in the USA, a fair question...I am curious to know, and are you working in it?
edit on 21-4-2011 by maestromason because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by maestromason

I entirely agree. I don't think anyone is blaming McDonalds for the incident. The hiring fair was a great thing. Perhaps you haven't seen my posts in the other related threads, but I think McDonalds is the best place I have ever worked. It has been 20 years since I worked there, and I still use my experience there as my rehearsed answer for every job interview. Even more surprising, most people are receptive and agreeable to that answer. The majority of people in higher positions, that have ever worked at McDonalds can attest that it was a great experience. You will get some people that claim it was a terrible experience, but those people are usually still stuck in dead-end jobs, or unemployed, so I tend to trust the opinions of the people that used an earlier job to springboard into better ones, as compared to people that whine about every job and tend to never progress anywhere.

I was only defending Canadian for bringing the link into his thread. I never intended to implicate McDonalds in any of the blame. You are exactly right, all the blame lies with the two idiots responsible for the actions in that isolated location.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by maestromasonBtw, What is Canada's GDP?

I'm not sure but Calgary's, where I live, is 91,000$ a year... AVERAGE!
The highest GDP in the world, I believe.

My contract is ending soon, I put my resume on Monster.ca, and got 7 CALLS in 2 days.
I work in IT; network administrator.

Alberta is physically and economically amazing.

Maybe when you cash in all the gold and silver you are buying in the future, you can expirence it first hand.
edit on 21-4-2011 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

I visit the Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest when I get a chance, it is guaranteed fun up there, but I could not contemplate giving up my American citizenship to become a Canadian..no offence, I am a Yankee 'til I die.
Oh, so your IT infrastructure up there is thriving I see. I started out in IT/IS working for a company called American Greetings for the AG.com division at their HQ back in the early days. I worked there as a Tier 3 Node Engineer.

Lest I digress... Canada is not going through what America is, and I do not know enough about CA's infrastructure to comment further, but you must realize something, America's current situation was spun from a lot of domestic factors that has cascaded around the globe to all her bedfellows and CA as beautiful as it is does not hold the Charter that the US does and therefore cannot be put into the same Class of Nations.

I believe you guys up there in Canada have a huge export of timber and lumber which is great, I believe although not sure that is a huge part of your GDP, but the US use to actually build and create products that we shipped out at a high cost and imported on the low end.

That has all come to an end, and I can tell you even with all your IT experience, if you were to come and live in the US, and you could pick your locale, you would be hard pressed at finding work in that field. It was unfair to make such a statement to blame Americans for our current plight, and stories of McDonalds of all companies hiring to help is not cutting the mustard for our "standard of living".

edit on 21-4-2011 by maestromason because: *addition

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join