It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50,000 McJobs now available!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
As soon as I saw the announcement I signed up online and will be doing face time to meet with some of the managers to put in resumes/coverletters to some of the very local ones. Still have to drive a city away either direction. We have every other place besides mcD's, sonics, wendy's, and KFC.

I know the job will probably suck. When I started as a security guard, I loved the job. Especially working at community pools. Unfortunantly alot of local contacts got closed (not enough money) and alot of guards lost their jobs. I didn't have senority and expected I'd be out but my boss, supervisors, and coworkers all agreed I should be kept on. So I'm on call for emergencies. They understand when I'm busy and can't go. Although lately I've been turning them down more and more with all my job hunting or taking an occasional sunday off.

Anyways back to McD's, I expect that while the work will suck, it'll provide money and ample enough time to job search for other things. Also it'll provide experience and something to add to the resume. For as much experience as I have and such. it's tough now to even get something in retail, starbucks, etc. without having a stupid McD's job. So I just figure, screw it, it'll be money in my pocket (to pay the bills XP )

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by warbird03
I had a friend who worked for McDonalds for awhile over a summer. She was normally so happy, but working there made even her get depressed.

Not trying to scare anybody away from a job or anything, just a friendly warning. Working for McDonalds is usually pretty terrible, but it's better than having no income. Then again, I'm sure that could be said for most fast food places.

no it's not, $3.75/hr, working slave hours, exposing yourself to radiation nuking chicken mcnuggets, dealing with bitter people and having to tolerate sh-t from customers how can't wait more than 45 secs. for an entire meal is not bettter than no income.

dealing with a manager that's cracking a whip in pathetic attempt at advancement out of that hell hole is not worth minimum wage.

25 people crammed into a hot kitchen, with alarms and beepers going off constantly, telling you the fries are ready, the burgers are nuked, the teleprompter timing you, co-workers banging into you and a non-stop pace, plus angry people looking at every action you take ready to pounce on you if stop for one second is about as stressful and horrible a situation you can be in.

i bet that's a punishment in hell.

do yourself a favor, if you need money that bad, then try it. but don't take sh-t and stress from anyone.

take robert dinero's advice from heat. don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Don't do it people!
Value your soul.
You will survive but you need your spirit.
Don't let them destroy our spirits!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
There are 13,804 McDonald's in the United States.

If we divide the 50,000 by the number of stores, it equates to 3.6 jobs per franchise.

Honestly, the only reason this was a news story was to make "positive" news that jobs are being created and that McDonalds is the good guy for hiring.

Personally, I consider every McDonalds job created to be a job lost. Yay for minimum wage jobs!
edit on 4/5/2011 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Force each franchise to hire one worker, while cutting the hours of other workers. They are not opening up new stores, so this is the only thing they could be doing.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by routerboy

They NEVER ask me for salt or ketchup anymore!!!

Obviously many of those working for M D's need to have some role playing refresher courses from time to time.....I have to practically grab one of them to let them know that I want Ketchup (I never ask for salt....but if I get fries, I do want some ketchup).....Of course occasionally I forget, and because they never ask me either I often end up all the way home before I open the bag and realize that I have no ketchup there, and I am (of course) always seemingly just having used my last bottle myself within the past few days. Anymore I just ask for as much Ketchup as they will give me whenever I go (which honestly isn't that often....maybe once a month.) That way I can stick the ones I don't use in the glove box of my car and the next time both they and I forget to ask, I will not be without.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by palg1

Calm down and stop attacking him, its well known here that the charity boxs out the front ot maccy d's are staff tips boxs, theres one down the road from me, inside is the charity box and the one outside is for tips.
Hes only doing what hes trained to do, one box goes to charity and one to staff so instead of whinging to him go to maccys and do something about it..

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

I agree.
The Ronald McDonald house gave my family a free place to stay when I was a baby and needed surgery and there were no affordable hotels in the area to house in as I was getting treatment for well over six months.

They treated my mother well and gave her everything she needed and made her feel at home.

It's disgusting if this really goes on but I don't really buy it.

People who work at McDonald's don't get tips for a reason, if you think you can get better benefits/pay by working a job for tips then find the proper venue to do so and be prepared to work 100x's harder.
Getting tips is an art form.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
A lot people on this forum would rather spend their welfare checks on weed and even lower then McDonald's quality food than get of their arses and actually work for a living.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by furzball
As soon as I saw the announcement I signed up online and will be doing face time to meet with some of the managers to put in resumes/coverletters to some of the very local ones. Still have to drive a city away either direction. We have every other place besides mcD's, sonics, wendy's, and KFC.

I know the job will probably suck. When I started as a security guard, I loved the job. Especially working at community pools. Unfortunantly alot of local contacts got closed (not enough money) and alot of guards lost their jobs. I didn't have senority and expected I'd be out but my boss, supervisors, and coworkers all agreed I should be kept on. So I'm on call for emergencies. They understand when I'm busy and can't go. Although lately I've been turning them down more and more with all my job hunting or taking an occasional sunday off.

Anyways back to McD's, I expect that while the work will suck, it'll provide money and ample enough time to job search for other things. Also it'll provide experience and something to add to the resume. For as much experience as I have and such. it's tough now to even get something in retail, starbucks, etc. without having a stupid McD's job. So I just figure, screw it, it'll be money in my pocket (to pay the bills XP )

Some people here could learn a lot from this man..... Are you a man or woman?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by routerboy

If you think fast food workers deserve tips, I'd like to see you cope with a real service job in a restaurant where your income depends on a thousand more things than just "would you like to supersize that?"

It's a whole lot harder than it looks.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by furzball

Good on ya mate, its a job and it sure the hell beats spending time on the dole like many low lifes who cant be bothered to work.
Yes its busy, yes its stressy but thats life, the first couple of weeks are crap but you get used to the job afterwards just like anyother job
Jobs are hard to come by these days esp over here in the uk so if maccy d's are hiring where you are then go for it.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by warbird03

Not quite the experience i had, but every store is different. i worked at a Maccas for 10 years through high school and uni. They can work you hard. I benefited from the experience it, learning a lot of skills employers like; such as work ecthic. i did have some good times there.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I just got a job the day before yesterday there... WOOO....

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

I recall many posters on ATS, who are unemployed, mentioned they'd most certainly take a job, any job, if they were readily available and local. As far as I know, there is a McDonalds ever 25 blocks in any/all cities across U.S and Canada. So put your money wear your mouth is, literally.

[Thought I'd post this on Breaking News for maximum exposure for those looking.]

edit on 4-4-2011 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

I was unemployed for about 1-1/2 year and I used to make $16.50hr on my old job until I got laidoff. I didn't find any job during that time, unemployment paid me about $600 every 2 weeks after taxes that's $1200 a month and you didn't had to spend money or eating out in your lunch break, GAS, Tolls, day care etc. everything went on normal bills.

Now I'm working WAY UNDERPAY for $12hr in a position that pays an average of $20hr, I have to spend money on daycare, gas, tolls, lunch. and at the end of the month I bring around $700 clean.... I only do it because I don't want to damage my credit and because I was bored at home all day while my wife had to work.

But everyone outthere are paying way less than average, McDonalds will pay you $8.00hr if you are lucky those jobs are for students and people who still live with their parents and don't have REAL BILLS. I can't support my family with $8hr neither can you if you have a mortage + cars, credit cards, utilities, etc. The goverment put us on this mess.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join