It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50,000 McJobs now available!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

50,000 McJobs now available!

money.cnn.com

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- McDonald's said Monday that it is planning a one-day hiring spree of 50,000 new workers on April 19 for its U.S. restaurants.

McDonald's (MCD, Fortune 500) said that these new "Mcjobs" will include crew and management positions, part-time and full-time.

money.cnn.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I recall many posters on ATS, who are unemployed, mentioned they'd most certainly take a job, any job, if they were readily available and local. As far as I know, there is a McDonalds ever 25 blocks in any/all cities across U.S and Canada. So put your money wear your mouth is, literally.

[Thought I'd post this on Breaking News for maximum exposure for those looking.]

edit on 4-4-2011 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Wow...that is a lot of people...

Well I hope people who need a job give it a shot...

Good luck job hunting everyone

Thanks for posting.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Yes, we can even petition a new area on ATS where they can provide info on McDonalds control on everyday citizens!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I had a friend who worked for McDonalds for awhile over a summer. She was normally so happy, but working there made even her get depressed.

Not trying to scare anybody away from a job or anything, just a friendly warning. Working for McDonalds is usually pretty terrible, but it's better than having no income. Then again, I'm sure that could be said for most fast food places.

+12 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I work in McDonalds. (At the weekends) They actually train you with roleplays to say, "Would you like fries with that Sir" and "Salt, ketchup?" and they also train you to tell the customer what price it is, and when they are getting out their money - you are told to walk away from them, in order to look busy, then come back and take their money and give them mostly change so that they put it into the mcdonalds box at the front that looks like a charity box, but it's really for tips.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by warbird03
I had a friend who worked for McDonalds for awhile over a summer. She was normally so happy, but working there made even her get depressed.

Not trying to scare anybody away from a job or anything, just a friendly warning. Working for McDonalds is usually pretty terrible, but it's better than having no income. Then again, I'm sure that could be said for most fast food places.

You cannot take one experience to generalize an outcome. I was a shift manager at a McDonald's for about a year.
I thought the job was lots of fun. We had a good team that got along and we even had staff outings (movies, city wide scavenger hunts, picnics, etc...) Very few at our store disliked the experience. The only reason I left was I was moonlighting and as I was military was posted to a more remote, McDonald's-less area.

Conversely, My best friend was a full time manager at the Burger King across the street. He haaated his job.

edit on 4-4-2011 by palg1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by routerboy

If the people in that store are raiding that box, they need to be reported. Has your friend done anything about it?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

If the people in that store are raiding that box, they need to be reported. Has your friend done anything about it?

If I had caught you doing that I would have fired you on the spot!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I work there, we take the money for tips? It's a tips box, but it looks like a charity box - and when we give the change out in cents instead of dollars it provokes the customers to put some of it in the charity/tips box. That's how we're told, to supplement our pay.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I had a job at McDonald's when I was in high school. I couldn't stand it... at all. I was white and NOBODY else that worked there spoke English except to customers.

I found it very annoying that when everyone was chatting it was in Spanish. I couldn't understand what they were saying.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by routerboy

I work there, we take the money for tips? It's a tips box, but it looks like a charity box - and when we give the change out in cents instead of dollars it provokes the customers to put some of it in the charity/tips box. That's how we're told, to supplement our pay.

It is NOT a tip box. It is there for the Ronald McDonald's Houses near the Children's Hospitals throughout the US and Canada. You ought to be ashamed! You ought to return the money you took and if I can find out where you work I will report your store to McDonald's HQ.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
At a loss here op as to how McDonalds is going to hire 50,000 workers? I mean our 4 franchises in my town are not hiring currently. So what are they planning on doing hiring 50,000 workers for under what they are previously paying there current workers

I don't get it

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
mcdonalds isnt a job for everyone...i worked at my local ncdonalds for 3 years. from 15 to 18, and unless youre a teenager its not the job you want. i was a crew leader at 15 and was telling 40 year olds what to do and how to do their jobs. they didnt seem to like that too much. so unless youre ready to take orders from a 15 year old i would keep trying to claim unemployment for as long as you can and til an actual job comes along...

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by 30_seconds

That is extremely rude. And I would of said something. Being hispanic myself I don't tolerate that.
When in mixed language company I speak in english to everyone. Whether or not they are responding back to me in Spanish. When at work you speak the language that everyone knows.
That's just common courtesy.

+30 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
So the questions would be...

50,000 employees are going to work where? Is McD's short 50,000 people? That's a huge shortage. Are they expanding rapidly? Are they firing 50,000 people? No!

There is an average of 50-60 people at one location. Is an announcement of opening 1000 new locations? No!

I have to post this in a more logical flow.

1. Obama gives McD's an exemption on ObamaCare.

2. McD's agrees to do a hiring blitz just before Election time.

3. Obama now talks about creating 50,000 jobs throughout the Country in one day. It's a miracle!

4. Little envelopes in the pay packs of 400,000 US employees suggesting support for Obama.

5. Obama gets another term as the citizens unite on what a great man he has turned out to be in lowering the un-employment rate..

6. Post Election layoffs of 50,000 people no longer needed.

Sweet...
edit on 4-4-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
McDonalds is a all cash business, they own the best real estate on the planet for burger locations.
*Competition Grouping. have noticed Car Dealers are where Car Dealers are and Hamburgers are
where hamburgers are, etc. etc.

Did you know Mcdonalds is exempt from ObamaCare.... that should be illegal.
laws should be applied equally. so there is something going on with McDonalds - very strange that
one of the number one employers in America are exempt from HealthCare Legislation, not only McDonalds
but Wal Mart too is exempt... what is that number 1 and number 2 employers are exempt what kind of
system are they putting into place if Government and #1 and #2 are exempt... ?????
edit on 4-4-2011 by ISRAELdid911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by palg1

didnt they help fund the I.R.A with those charity boxes, i am sure i remember that making the news in the uk a few years back.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Just what we need..more McDonald's.. Granted it's great that the window of job opportunity's are opening a bit more..

I just think that more fast food is not what America needs..In fact it is the last thing we need.. More overweight people, taking up more space, And adding to the growing obesity epidemic..

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by allprowolfy
At a loss here op as to how McDonalds is going to hire 50,000 workers? I mean our 4 franchises in my town are not hiring currently. So what are they planning on doing hiring 50,000 workers for under what they are previously paying there current workers

I don't get it

You are assuming you know their internal hiring needs based on your observations of your local franchises? I really enjoy ATS for this....its like watching pundits on the news speculate without facts or know with all.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join