50,000 McJobs now available!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnosis111
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Starred and flagged. I am sick and tired of people whining about not being able to get a job, when I have a felony and no college education and just landed my THIRD job in 3 months! And I open the local help wanted ads and it is 50 jobs and ten pages!!! Granted many are sales, but if you're motivated enough.........

How... un-gnostic of you?

You commend people for bending their knees to a corporations' whim and abuse?

Everyone should quit their job - this is BS! Stop paying the bankers!!! Oy VEYYYYYY

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Thank TPT_B for higher education, drive and passion. Nothing against McDonald's personally as a corporation, but working in fast food establishments, serving the equivalent of fried rat poison to your local inhabitants to earn a "living" does not sound like a constructive nor charitable contribution to your neighborhood. To each his/her own I say, but McDonald's as a part of the US economy went out in the seventies/eighties!

These kid now-a-days only work to get up enough money to buy a cell phone, iPod or the like only to quit right after. No sense of work ethics, and a job such as McDonald's only adds to the health problems of the US, this is an ironic fact... before the corporation went franchise back in the day, I read somewhere that the CEO was quoted saying, "I DON'T TOUCH THE STUFF!"
edit on 5-4-2011 by maestromason because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

This should lower the national unemployment rate since there are thousands of openings.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by 30_seconds
I had a job at McDonald's when I was in high school. I couldn't stand it... at all. I was white and NOBODY else that worked there spoke English except to customers.

I found it very annoying that when everyone was chatting it was in Spanish. I couldn't understand what they were saying.

I want to bring up what I think is the most important part of a job search. Lets say you are desperate for a job and have a job interview at a grocery store. Before the interview, approach random employees. Ask them how much they like working there and like their supervisor. If they are all saying its a terrible job or really dislike the supervisors, you can reconsider just how desperate you are and continue looking elsewhere! Some people hate or like all their supervisors so its better to ask how the management and supervisors there compare to the other jobs they have worked.

I have worked quite a lot of jobs. What I've noticed is that some of them, because of the management, are not good places to work. Other places are much much more fun. For example I know a lot of people who work at Six Flags. Most of the departments there are miserable to work for. Some of the departments there are fun to work for. So why spin the roulette wheel when the employees always will be able to give you a good read?

Its all dependent on the management and supervisors you will be working under! And of course specific corporations tend to have a specific quality of management and supervisors. But if it is a large corporation, there are nearly always ways of being happy (or not depressed at least) working there if you can find the right supervisor to work for.

Personally I've always hated the idea of working at a restaurant but were I to do so I'd be looking for the right supervisors to work under instead of the best company to work under.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Really... how could anyone who worked for 20 bucks an hour with decent working conditions and union membership would accept falling under the fascist dictatorship of a third-grade DORK, for less than half the wage???

Frankly, if I'd be in charge of a family, I'd rather go into racketeering, fraud or bank-robbery to feed my kids than THIS. There are alternatives to becoming a such a lowly corporate slave... and even Wendy's and Burger King are above that!
edit on 5/4/11 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemonkeydishwasher

Starred and flagged. I am sick and tired of people whining about not being able to get a job, when I have a felony and no college education and just landed my THIRD job in 3 months! And I open the local help wanted ads and it is 50 jobs and ten pages!!! Granted many are sales, but if you're motivated enough.........

How... un-gnostic of you?

You commend people for bending their knees to a corporations' whim and abuse?

Everyone should quit their job - this is BS! Stop paying the bankers!!! Oy VEYYYYYY

Un-gnostic? So gnostics have no work ethic? No personal responsibility?

Do you drive a car? Someone went to work and made it. Did you drive it on a road? Someone went to work and built it! Do you live in a home? Sit on a couch? Type on a computer? Do you enjoy fresh fruits and vegetables that aren't necessarily in season? Do you have heat? Air conditioning?

Some people go to work everyday to build, maintain, and ship your frivolties so that you can be comfortable enough to sit at your computer and criticize their work ethic.
Maybe you should just thank them?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by civilchallenger

Originally posted by 30_seconds
I had a job at McDonald's when I was in high school. I couldn't stand it... at all. I was white and NOBODY else that worked there spoke English except to customers.

I found it very annoying that when everyone was chatting it was in Spanish. I couldn't understand what they were saying.

I want to bring up what I think is the most important part of a job search. Lets say you are desperate for a job and have a job interview at a grocery store. Before the interview, approach random employees. Ask them how much they like working there and like their supervisor. If they are all saying its a terrible job or really dislike the supervisors, you can reconsider just how desperate you are and continue looking elsewhere! Some people hate or like all their supervisors so its better to ask how the management and supervisors there compare to the other jobs they have worked.

Good point! How surprising I never really thought about this one. It's not a all-reliable indication but still says hell of a lot more than a damn job interview.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
having worked as a cook, and later chef, with real food before, I'd recommend applying to a local diner before i'd recommend mc D's to anyone, you're more likely to find one that will treat you like a person than an indentured servant, generally though, I'd recommend stay out of food service entirely if you can't handle stress. the most stressful jobs I've ever had.

honestly, I have to agree, it's not too difficult to get a GOOD job if you know what you're doing, I was only ever unemployed once shortly after college, and that was mostly due to a year of backpacking across the country instead
edit on 5-4-2011 by Gren because: added
edit on 5-4-2011 by Gren because: added

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
Just one problem: What the hell does Obama have to do with this?

this is what Obama has to do with this.
Every time there is an increase in jobs
he spouts off the info on the news and
toots his own horn that his administration
was responsible for the job creation.
It's a political PR stunt to make him
look good for re-election. But he won't
tell the public those jobs created were
minimum wage part time jobs at McDonald's.
It's Obama Spin at it's finest.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The bottom line is simple... Do not remain a drone for corporate US! Start your own business, and financially secure yourself responsibly. 85% to 90% of the current US economic infrastructure is small business based. Only 10% to 15% of the remaining US economy is big business. I know I have worked the corporate ropes and know the corner office very well. Do not waste your time and youth working for corporations that do not hold your best interest at hand!

Higher education brings with it the ability to think, and make prudent decisions regarding your life, and instills in one a sense of self worth. You do not need a corporation ruling your life and limiting your potential. In the US we have been failing to live up to our role as "world leader" for a very long time 20+ years now, due to the fact that we as the Unite States DO NOT SUPPLY THE WORLD WITH MARKETABLE GOODS ANYMORE! The US does not make and export products like we used to.

85% of the US's GDP was in services alone for 2010, no export of marketable products but strictly services based! Mc Donalds does not and will not fill any void in our GDP. I see a time now where all of the "above top secret technologies" that the US & other world governments have been harboring will now have to be implemented into products to secure our homeland's economic infrastructure.Technologies like fiber optics, energy harnessing & high grade alternative sustenance models like green algae will have to be utilized NOW in order for the Human race to continue on this globe, and not only used but sustained.

New energy physics models like dark energy & the harnessing of it will have to be used to keep up with the population boom that the Earth has incurred over the past 60+ years due to the technological revolution.The Large Hadron Collider has proven the existence of dark energy which makes up for 75% of our known universe, now we need to safely harness it.

Any economy is composed from a simply formula which includes supply & demand of that country's GDP. Mc Donalds is only an American novelty not an economic resource!
edit on 5-4-2011 by maestromason because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by palg1

SO...Military training robbed you from the "best job ever". How sad is that?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Ive been reading through the thread, and also was disgusted that the 'charity/tips' box may be being misused at some MCDs. The poster supposedly was only doing what the Manager said was OK at the store, but to MCD corporate misuse of charity money would certainly get the corp in a lot of trouble if this is indeed going on.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
It is not the posters fault about the charity box/tip box. The manager tells you what to do, and you listen. I have many friends who work at McDonalds, and they say the same thing about the box. So don't tell that person that they out to be ashamed of themselves when the money was never going to a charity in the first place. Blame the corporation!! I worked over nights at Tim Hortons. They have a Cold Stone Creamery in there as well. They have a tip jar that says tips on it, and then Tim Hortons has a charity box for children. Tim Hortons is a Canadian company, people tip the people at Tim Hortons in Canada. Only the Tim Hortons though. I live in Maine, you cannot tip people personally in Maine. So when somebody gave me a tip, I would have to put it in the charity box. BUT, at the end of the year they gave half of the money put into the box to charity, an the other half goes to a bonus for all the employees. So all that the money put into the box is NOT actually for charity. Every two weeks the Cold Stone Creamery tips go to all the employees. But that is actually a tip jar.

On another note- I will never work at McDonalds. For health issues anyway. People eat there more when they work, and the oils and grease that is in the air ruins your skin and hair. It's not only not healthy for you to eat, but it's unhealthy to work around. Have any of you guys seen ever seen Super Size Me? Who would want to eat McDonalds after seeing that. McDonalds is Americas Number 1 reason for obesity. That and lack of exercise!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Mcjobs..all part time, min wage,, no benefits , no overtime , less than 30 hours a week..

Hmm, so we could work 3 of those jobs and not have to use food stamps??

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Working fast food is really an unsatisfying job, but so many people are desperate for work right now. Honestly though, it could be a lot worse.

I don't understand all the hate for fast food here. Fast food is just like anything else that is pleasurable, just do it in moderation.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dhimmie

Originally posted by furzball
As soon as I saw the announcement I signed up online and will be doing face time to meet with some of the managers to put in resumes/coverletters to some of the very local ones. Still have to drive a city away either direction. We have every other place besides mcD's, sonics, wendy's, and KFC.

I know the job will probably suck. When I started as a security guard, I loved the job. Especially working at community pools. Unfortunantly alot of local contacts got closed (not enough money) and alot of guards lost their jobs. I didn't have senority and expected I'd be out but my boss, supervisors, and coworkers all agreed I should be kept on. So I'm on call for emergencies. They understand when I'm busy and can't go. Although lately I've been turning them down more and more with all my job hunting or taking an occasional sunday off.

Anyways back to McD's, I expect that while the work will suck, it'll provide money and ample enough time to job search for other things. Also it'll provide experience and something to add to the resume. For as much experience as I have and such. it's tough now to even get something in retail, starbucks, etc. without having a stupid McD's job. So I just figure, screw it, it'll be money in my pocket (to pay the bills XP )

Some people here could learn a lot from this man..... Are you a man or woman?

Man, and thanks for the comment.

It's true though, I've been through a time where I've been a bum. Had to get my head screwed on right. And I'm not the only one that should learn the hard lesson of, "work when you get work". Alot of people are going around looking for jobs, but turning their nose up when they find small opportunities. You can't think of a small job like McD's as "lowering yourself" or "doing slavelabor", "being another gear" etc. You have to figure out the positive opportunities no matter the situation.
Let's say (I wish this were true) I was hired at McD's today. Here's what can happen.
-I'm no longer spending time wasting gas seeking a position
-money to support me, my family, and my bills
-I would have sometime during the day off to find a different job
-cashier/customer service other fastfood and retail locations can accept Cause you know, customer service serving ten years in an independent mural art/childrens art classes means squat. So does volunteer work with americorps as a team trainer. Including the chance to lead new orleans saints in a volunteer project. But nope, that's not acceptable experience.
-oh and can transfer to other McD's when I want to change geographic location for college or some other thing.
-still plenty of time for hobbies, do security guard work, seeking other jobs, doing school, etc.
All traded for 4 to 8 hour days working in a fast food place. Lemme see, is that harder then working at buffalo wild wings, quickly learning the cook position as a holiday temp. I'd think not.
Argh at this point it's sorta a pointout of the benefits with small bit of a rant about what hiring managers expect on a resume.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join