join

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Michelle129th

Originally posted by Unity_99
also, there is usually such a thing as being "over qualified" but you won't notice, you just won't be called in for an interview.

This is true, or I guess I should say may be true. I applied at the McD's I worked at twice. The first time with my regular resume...not a word from them. The second time with a "dumbed down" resume and got a call a few weeks later. It may have just been the timing I don't know. I do know that at our location they were hiring an average of 6 people a month. It is either a love it or hate it type of job...there never seemed to be an in between. Employees either worked there a few days and left, or worked there for years and had no plans to leave. I think the turnover is also high as they do hire a lot of students who eventually leave for post secondary education, or to start a career after high school/college. There are also busy seasons...summer being one of them, so that may be where their numbers are coming from. The upside is there are always positions available at most McD's...the downside...once the busy seasons come to an end you have 90 people fighting for hours.

Michelle

I figure that this is geared to get those aged 16-20 into those McDonalds establishments, being that someone even like myself who is degreed, been given G4 Clearance and have worked at NASA & Goodrich Aerospace Engineering would not be considered "qualified" for a position there reprogramming their friers or let alone installing a POS system.

$17,680(their salary @ 40 hrs) x 50,000 jobs = $884,000,000.00/yr gross taxable income, which I am sure looks good on paper to the U.S. Department of Commerce...but, once you put it under the scope, it does not move the economy. Obama needs to step his game up and let some of those "black op" patents that the U.S. owns dissolve into U.S. industry to kick start another manufacturing revolution.

If McDonalds thinks that by opening up 50,000 new PT positions that will somehow affect our GDP, someone needs to seriously talk to their CFO & COO and find out what estrous of coca they are on.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Who would have thought that McDonald's would be such a hot topic sparking so much controversy?!?!?

I don't care how you slice it, I think 50,000 jobs created is a good thing. Even if they are part time. Even if they are for teenagers. It all injects additional income into the economy... that isn't a bad thing!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
The company was started by a McDonald family. You know, one of the 13 Bloodline family's. Have it your way! (old ad slogan).

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by YourPopRock
Who would have thought that McDonald's would be such a hot topic sparking so much controversy?!?!?

I don't care how you slice it, I think 50,000 jobs created is a good thing. Even if they are part time. Even if they are for teenagers. It all injects additional income into the economy... that isn't a bad thing!

Yeah, this thread and McD's has become such a "hot" topic cuz you snitched out some young kid...yay for the so called 50,0000 jobs that are supposedly being offered...we shall see how it all plays out. Why people sit idling in their cars waiting for that "food" is beyond me. I am really disturbed how this thread has played out...how does ATS allow this snitching on other members to happen? Well, there's always karma...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

Yeah it's quite concerning to me too, if someone is willing to be a corporate snitch, who knows who else they will run their mouth about. Are they gonna run to DHS and rat out all us anti government "potential radicals" as well? Not the kind of thing I would like to think about....

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by queenofsheba

Yeah it's quite concerning to me too, if someone is willing to be a corporate snitch, who knows who else they will run their mouth about. Are they gonna run to DHS and rat out all us anti government "potential radicals" as well? Not the kind of thing I would like to think about....

I know...I don't understand why ATS site owners/mods don't have a little conversation with little Ms. yourpoprocks...something in this thread just turns me off and makes my stomach sick. Especially when everyone else gets the message of Off Topic Post and gets deleted...what made her posts any different? How was she "on topic?"

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
IT starts today in the U.S and Canada.

news.blogs.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Mcdonalds Hiring Day Turns Violent

edition.cnn.com...#/video/us/2011/04/20/dnt.mcdonalds.hiring.fight.WJW?hpt=T2

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

I recall many posters on ATS, who are unemployed, mentioned they'd most certainly take a job, any job, if they were readily available and local. As far as I know, there is a McDonalds ever 25 blocks in any/all cities across U.S and Canada. So put your money wear your mouth is, literally.

(snip)

I'm shocked to read a statement like this coming from you, CanadianDream420. It comes across as sounding so sarcastic and condescending...... as if you are blaming the unemployed. Be careful or you may have to "put your money where your mouth is" and be faced with these horrible circumstances also.

By the way, not all unemployed people live in cities or even have a McDonalds in their towns... let alone one that is proclaiming to create 50,000 jobs.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Mcdonalds Hiring Day Turns Violent

edition.cnn.com...#/video/us/2011/04/20/dnt.mcdonalds.hiring.fight.WJW?hpt=T2

Hey CanadianDream420, Really?, I would like to know....does it feel good to post something like this on ATS? Is this solid content for ATS?

I am all for diverse posting and all, you just won't see me hanging around one forum on ATS, I like to get around and post were it is relevant. Like I said before, A job is a job for one who needs one, and is willing and able but who needs to know about a violent event at a hiring at McDonalds and all?

Who?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by maestromason

Who needs to know? About a violent event making the news at a McDonald's Nationally Publicized Hiring day? Gee, I don't know. I wonder why CNN, or the local news would cover it? I can't imagine.

Have you checked out the Breaking News forums? Have you flipped on a television anytime this year?

That is certainly a newsworthy story, probably a story worthy of its very own thread, and definitely worthy of a mention in a thread about McDonalds Hiring Day!

Why on Earth would you not think that story was important and relavent?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by dreams n chains

If anyone lives more than driving distance from a McDonalds, they are not looking for a job. It is only the most remote and rural areas that wouldn't be within driving distance of a McDonalds, and those areas would not have any other employment either. The homesteads in those areas are typically self-sufficient farmers or ranchers, or they have already made enough money to be independently wealthy.

As for the other mention of blaming the unemployed for their own situation. I think it is entirely proper to blame the unemployed. If you don't have a job, go get one. If you can't get one, then fix yourself. Fix your skills, your look, your attitude, your drugtest, your background, do whatever it takes to get a job. If you are entirely employable, clean cut, skilled, positive attitude, energetic and willing to work, you will get a job, but in the unlikely scenario that you live in Detroit or Sarajevo, then you have to be creative and create yourself a niche or find your own way to make a living.

Under no circumstance should anyone be coddled for continually not finding a way to support themselves. Get real, opportunites abound, you just have to be willing and able to do whatever it takes!

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreams n chains
[I'm shocked to read a statement like this coming from you, CanadianDream420. It comes across as sounding so sarcastic and condescending...... as if you are blaming the unemployed. Be careful or you may have to "put your money where your mouth is" and be faced with these horrible circumstances also.

Yes, I'm blaming the unemployed... *facepalm*

I've read here SO MANY TIMES "I would work ANY job if available in my area"... basically making me believe there are NO jobs in the U.S Everytime I turn on CNN/FOX/MSBNC that's all I hear.

I don't get your point?

Originally posted by maestromason

Hey CanadianDream420, Really?, I would like to know....does it feel good to post something like this on ATS? Is this solid content for ATS?

It's relevant. Is it not??????

Go back to reading how Reptilians genetically bio-formed Barry Sotereo.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Who needs to know? About a violent event making the news at a McDonald's Nationally Publicized Hiring day? Gee, I don't know. I wonder why CNN, or the local news would cover it? I can't imagine.

Have you checked out the Breaking News forums? Have you flipped on a television anytime this year?

That is certainly a newsworthy story, probably a story worthy of its very own thread, and definitely worthy of a mention in a thread about McDonalds Hiring Day!

Why on Earth would you not think that story was important and relavent?

First off ANYONE who thinks that this event is newsworthy does not have a life. You MSM hype pushers are the #1 reason why gullible people fall for the tricks of the MSM trade.

Is that your hometown where this McDonalds incident occurred?

Were you physically there in line for an interview at this McDonalds?

Did this McDonalds event somehow materially or spiritually enrich your life?

Did this McDonalds event somehow change your life?

How pathetic it must be to race to be the first to announce news that no one cares about but MSM, and the only reason they care about the story is the readership and dollar signs, neither which came your way!
edit on 21-4-2011 by maestromason because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreams n chains
[I'm shocked to read a statement like this coming from you, CanadianDream420. It comes across as sounding so sarcastic and condescending...... as if you are blaming the unemployed. Be careful or you may have to "put your money where your mouth is" and be faced with these horrible circumstances also.

Yes, I'm blaming the unemployed... *facepalm*

I've read here SO MANY TIMES "I would work ANY job if available in my area"... basically making me believe there are NO jobs in the U.S Everytime I turn on CNN/FOX/MSBNC that's all I hear.

I don't get your point?

Originally posted by maestromason

It's relevant. Is it not??????

Go back to reading how Reptilians genetically bio-formed Barry Sotereo.

As to your comment you did not direct that towards me, for You could not even get the name right(get the man's name right at least), it is Soetoro, but I will play...

No, it is not relevant just because you posted this, and the MSM spent a lot of money to produce that story, in which they will earn more, unlike yourself who just posted this to shame a group of *decent, *innocent, *diligent people who attended a hiring at a McDonalds that ended up turning violent because of a couple of unruly teenagers. Wow, I see what gets you up all bright eyed and bushy tailed in the morning. Thanks for showing your true colors.

Oh, and BTW I was reading The Wall Street Journal and deciding on how much more gold and silver I want to purchase, if you actually needed to know.
edit on 21-4-2011 by maestromason because: *addition

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

50,000 McJobs now available!

Bottom dollar, entry level, service and retail jobs, these are the jobs that will support America's families? This is what outsourcing has brought us. The middle class is slowly being replaced by the working-poor.

edit on 21-4-2011 by LadySkadi because: quote tag

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

MSM is a multi-billion dollar endeavor. Obviously the stuff they are putting up as news, and their complicated polling and business model is working. I think they are quite a bit better judge of what is "news" and what isn't news. Or at least what people want to see, and what they don't care to see. For better or worse, a car plowing into a crowd is a very popular subject.

ATS is a sub-category of news, things here are a little bit different, but something like this is also very pertinent on ATS. It is indicative of the social situation in our country. It is indicative of the economic situation in our country. It is a relavent development to the story already being discussed.

Just because you may not want to read about it, does not mean your opinion is worth more than the opinion of millions of other people. What are you doing on a site like this if you don't want any bad news?

I have to admit, I am totally flabbergasted by your response, and I don't know quite how to respond. I am almost speechless as to why anyone would attack another member for posting such a pertinent link to the subject at hand? You really make absolutely no sense at all.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

First and foremost, The MSM spends millions of dollars to produce, edit and disseminate what they think the GP wants to know. You and I as people of the US do not get to judge what we credit to be newsworthy. Agendas play a huge role in what the MSM puts out there. NO ONE is the judge but myself of what I deem newsworthy, I do not belong to the status quo.

McDonalds had a national hiring fair, the national hiring fair was throughout the 50 states, one incident does not account for the genuinely diligent, decent people who attended those fairs to get employed.

If you think that people getting ran over at a hiring fair is news, then you do not live in a major metropolitan city like Cleveland, Ohio(the city in which this McDonalds incident took place) where violence is the accepted norm and that is child's play compared to the other criminal world news events that came out of that city, case in example The Sowell Murders.

The bottom line is that MSM is used as a fear mongering tool for the profane. Those 2 people who started the Cleveland, Ohio McDonalds incident does not account for the other 99% of the diligent, decent and qualified people who are looking for work, only to be put on the news for someone else's folly.

I have lived in big cities all my life, and this is not Newsworthy. It was only put on the news as a monkey show. No people getting ran over by a woman who was getting pummeled is nothing to call attention to, the only reason it was shown, it was in a major metropolitan city of blacks. No race card to play, just truth.

edit on 21-4-2011 by maestromason because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join