Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

50,000 McJobs now available!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
edit on 5-4-2011 by Ceriddwen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by allprowolfy
At a loss here op as to how McDonalds is going to hire 50,000 workers? I mean our 4 franchises in my town are not hiring currently. So what are they planning on doing hiring 50,000 workers for under what they are previously paying there current workers

I don't get it

That would be McDonald's Corporate stores, not the franchises. Franchises are given the opportunity to participate if they can, or want to, but are not required to.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Might fill out an apllication

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Im 15 and i need a job...Im taking this offer up sooo quick, putting in multiple applications at different stores around here...

I dont see what the big deal is...these jobs are for us kids anyways, adults really shouldnt be working there as a primary job...let them hire us then fire us, we're kids, it happens, we'll find other jobs...

So what if Obama uses this to get elected again...once he's gone, i REALLLLLLY, really doubt the next president will be any better. Theyre politicians, all the same, theyll promise you sh-- so you vote for them, then go back on what they promised and leave you in the dark. That wont change, it never will, that is unless we have....revolution...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

But he won't
tell the public those jobs created were
minimum wage part time jobs at McDonald's.
It's Obama Spin at it's finest.

hey bud
i think you would have to be a sandiwich short of a picnick not to know these are low paid jobs.
im not an obama supporter but this is not spin it is called common sense.
why you nit picking a two tier political system theres more to it than that..

kx
edit on 5-4-2011 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Soylent Green is PEOPLE!
second line

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by routerboy

you're not a thief, its not your fault that McDonalds was genius enough to make a tip box which resembles their charity box. in my opinion you have done nothing wrong! enjoy your tips.
edit on 5-4-2011 by fairytale because: sp.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by 8fl0z
Im 15 and i need a job...Im taking this offer up sooo quick, putting in multiple applications at different stores around here...

I dont see what the big deal is...these jobs are for us kids anyways, adults really shouldnt be working there as a primary job...let them hire us then fire us, we're kids, it happens, we'll find other jobs...

So what if Obama uses this to get elected again...once he's gone, i REALLLLLLY, really doubt the next president will be any better. Theyre politicians, all the same, theyll promise you sh-- so you vote for them, then go back on what they promised and leave you in the dark. That wont change, it never will, that is unless we have....revolution...

Wow, and all this from a 15 year old kid. Glad to see some common sense runs through the younger generations. Wish more people could grasp the simple thing known as common sense like this kid here. Well put buddy.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
McD's didn't say 50,000 full-time jobs.

Check a little further and you'll probably find they have some kind of minimum number of hours you have to work each year in order to qualify for benefits. Some companies will hire many part-time employees then reduce the hours of their full-time employees so that none or very few have the required number of hours to get benefits. They save also by hiring cheap new help and reducing the hours of long time employees who have received pay increases. With the reduction in benefit costs and lower per hour overall cost, McD's could save a bundle with a scam such as hiring 50,000 new mostly part-time workers.

Kind'a puts the news in a different light, doesn't it?
edit on 5-4-2011 by romanmel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

Yeah that prettymuch puts things in perspective. Even grocery chains pull that crap now, in NY they can work you 40+ hours a week for 3 weeks, then 39 the fourth week, and still get away with labeling you part time, thus denying benefits. Loopholes like that is the reason the big wigs on the top got private jets, a few huge houses, boats etc etc.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
It's funny how obama gave them a waiver for the health care law and now before the elections they are hiring. hmm... can you say.. payoff. A backroom deal if you ask me.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
[[OFF TOPIC material removed]]

I don't think all 50,000 jobs will be full time, but I think it will be 50,000 more jobs than there were last week!

And if you don't want to work for a major corporation, don't. No one is forcing you to work at McDonalds. In fact, by you not working there, you give someone else the chance to make money, start a first job or even launch a career.
edit on Wed Apr 6 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Please Stay on Topic

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
How To Find A Job: Just Be Willing To Flip Burgers And Work For Minimum Wage

Do you want to know how to find a job in America today? It's easy. Just be willing to flip burgers, wait tables or welcome people to Wal-Mart. You must also be willing to work for close to minimum wage with no health benefits. It's not that complicated.

On April 19th, McDonald's is going to be holding its first "national hiring day" and it will be attempting to fill 50,000 positions. Hundreds of thousands of applicants are expected, so if you are going to apply be ready for some stiff competition. McDonald's held a similar event last year in its western region and 60,000 people applied for just 13,000 jobs.

But if you are one of the lucky ones, you too may soon be flipping burgers for minimum wage. Who said that finding a job was hard and that the U.S. economy doesn't work anymore? All of us just need to be "flexible" and we all need to be willing to adapt to the "new economic reality".

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ironfalcon

Yeah, let's be flexible yall. Work at some crap part time minimum wage job and live in a tent! Oh wait the coppers like to go and rip up tent cities because the local rich folk don't like the eyesores of broke people living in the park...
edit on Wed, 06 Apr 2011 02:21:17 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
This would pay you better than McMaccas:

Up to 12,500 jobs available in Christchurch for a whole range of trades:

www.nzherald.co.nz...

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join