It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50,000 McJobs now available!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I used to work for Mc D's. It was fun but stressing. Good luck to all

2nd

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by allprowolfy

Originally posted by YourPopRock
As for the people taking "tips" at McDonald's...

McDonald's has a corporate policy that does not allow ANY of its employees to receive tips. If you are found accepting a tip as a McDonald's employee, it will result in immediate termination.

Corporate has been made aware of this thread.

ewwww!
the loss of an $8.00 an hour job

I shall have too keep my eye on you from now on youpoprock.
As i shall sift to see if your being a good Mcslave and do NOTHING outside the social Mcnorm of this fenced Mccattle stock yard we call Mcreality.
Mcsure you pay your taxes on Mctime

Are you seriously saying that theft is ok as long as it's stealing from corporate fat.
Don't you see that the problem at that store was widespread and at every level? That management bread the dishonesty? The fact is the entire staff at that store seems to have been aware of what was going on. People who would have known the truth (management and senior staff) actively sought to steal this money from RMH.There are wider implications then just this one $8/hr job. This touches on society's downfall through the loss of a moral compass. allprowolfy, joke all you want but the truth is if we stay blind to these actions and do nothing than we become part of the problem. His attitude was what pushed us to pass along the info to MDs and RMH. It wasn't until after he found out that the authorities were informed that he became repentant. He's not sorry he did it, he's only sorry he got caught. Sounds to me like our actions truly fit into the heart of what ATS is about. Routerboy was ignorant and denied the fact. We simply helped him understand and pulled him out of his ignorance.

All in all, ATSers are not immune just because they post on this site. I also sent this thread but not to MD's. I sent it the RMH headquarters instead. I guess you'll be keeping an eye on me too then. Damn I'm worried now.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I lasted about two weeks there. Funniest bit I remember was being instructed how to squeeze the chip/fry packet in a certain way so that I didn't put too much in. Went to pick up my wage slip after leaving and remember the guy saying something like "Have you even been here long enough to get any wages?"

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
So the questions would be...

50,000 employees are going to work where? Is McD's short 50,000 people? That's a huge shortage. Are they expanding rapidly? Are they firing 50,000 people? No!

There is an average of 50-60 people at one location. Is an announcement of opening 1000 new locations? No!

I have to post this in a more logical flow.

1. Obama gives McD's an exemption on ObamaCare.

2. McD's agrees to do a hiring blitz just before Election time.

3. Obama now talks about creating 50,000 jobs throughout the Country in one day. It's a miracle!

4. Little envelopes in the pay packs of 400,000 US employees suggesting support for Obama.

5. Obama gets another term as the citizens unite on what a great man he has turned out to be in lowering the un-employment rate..

6. Post Election layoffs of 50,000 people no longer needed.

Sweet...
edit on 4-4-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

I think this post just about sums it all up when you consider that the chosen one is now in official campaign mode with a tired and recycled logo. His campaign handlers are all over the place and will be until election day. Case in point. Flip flop on Gitmo and terror trials. He is trying to draw in supporters again after his promise failed miserably.

Open your eyes obama supporters. Beware of the wordsmith and above all remember that he is a do as I say not as I do president.

For those of you who are unemployed, head to McDonalds and make the most of it. I spent a college summer working the spatula at McDonalds many years ago. It was a great experience because I also worked for a great franchise owner (he owned 6 franchises).

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Just one problem: What the hell does Obama have to do with this?

I love how people take ordinary news and spin the hell out of it. I assume you watch a lot of cable news?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Save a lot of tuition money you'd be using to secure an 'Art Appreciation' degree.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Ok guys, here's the update. Got a call this morning. I told my side of the story and I have been temporarily suspended pending review. And I've been told by my manager to keep my mouth closed or there will be legal implications. Bummer huh. Looks like you guys won. Well done.

edit on Tue Apr 5 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Please Stay on Topic

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

ENOUGH: ATTENTION!!!

Please discuss the topic and not other members.
Mod Note: Please Stay on Topic

That means no belittling, off topic posts, casting aspersions on another's character, talking down to other members, harassing or ridiculing others.

Further such remarks can and will result in post removals and/or warnings including temporary posting bans.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

MOD NOTE: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

Ad Hominem Attacks And You

Trolling, And What To Do About It

Posting Jokes, Ridiculing, Making Fun of Others in Threads...

YOU are responsible for your own posts

edit on Tue Apr 5 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
[[snip]]
Well at least Maccy D's are providing work for those who need it, with the bankers taking homes and destroying the economy , people losing jobs its finally some good news for some people
edit on 5-4-2011 by chrismartin37 because: pressed the wrong button and posted far too early, maybe it was the vodka

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Well the golden M is always a good thing. And their Frankenstein GM food. Personally I hope people pull together and start their own businesses and boycott all of "theirs". I can't imagine 50 000 jobs would even last long, and also, there is usually such a thing as being "over qualified" but you won't notice, you just won't be called in for an interview.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

MOD EDIT
Please read the following
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on Tue Apr 5 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

edit on Tue Apr 5 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
[[snip]].
there is 50k jobs waiting for employment, get that job and help america to get more fat and stupid.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

What I think is, alot of people are probably up for a promotion or pay raise due to the amount of time they've been working there. They will fire them and hire all new staff. It will be more cost effective to do so. I hope I'm wrong but I've seen it done in other franchises..not on that scale though.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quickfix
Wow...that is a lot of people...

Well I hope people who need a job give it a shot...

Good luck job hunting everyone

Thanks for posting.

Hell I'll do it.!!

I ben un-employed for 4 months now cause nobody hires bushland crews for reveg work during this time of the year..

Considering I might get to eat only about 3 times a week (thats three times in all, not three meals three days a week)... at least this way I'll get paied and fed...lol

Ya Baby... bring it on!!!

LOL only one problem... I'll be needing a green card...

edit on 4/5/2011 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
also, there is usually such a thing as being "over qualified" but you won't notice, you just won't be called in for an interview.

This is true, or I guess I should say may be true. I applied at the McD's I worked at twice. The first time with my regular resume...not a word from them. The second time with a "dumbed down" resume and got a call a few weeks later. It may have just been the timing I don't know. I do know that at our location they were hiring an average of 6 people a month. It is either a love it or hate it type of job...there never seemed to be an in between. Employees either worked there a few days and left, or worked there for years and had no plans to leave. I think the turnover is also high as they do hire a lot of students who eventually leave for post secondary education, or to start a career after high school/college. There are also busy seasons...summer being one of them, so that may be where their numbers are coming from. The upside is there are always positions available at most McD's...the downside...once the busy seasons come to an end you have 90 people fighting for hours.

Michelle

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join