It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Government censoring SBS??? (False Alarm)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Hello everyone,

My father and i several days ago saw an advert for a television show on SBS called "The news they don't want you to hear" or something along those lines. It was playing in Melbourne on SBS ONE HD at 9.30pm on Sunday April 3rd and looked interesting so we put a timer for the show on our tv so we didn't forget. Today we were watching Dateline on SBS waiting for the program to come on when for some reason "Who Killed Maggie Thatcher" is advertised in the same allotted spot. Shocked, we looked up our timer and its set for that exact time slot on the correct channel. I have searched the internet for any mention of "the news they don't want you to hear" and there is none. All the tv guides have the Thatcher documentary on instead.

Whats more interesting is that i have tried to access the SBS site and cannot. It will not load, which is very weird.

I think that maybe we made a mistake however my dad is absolutely positive that the show has been censored and replaced with something less controversial. Apparently the show was going to show lots of news stories over the last few years which had been censored by the government and had some dirt on censored news reports in Libya.

If anyone can point me in the right direction as to find this documentary, or if you know how i can chase the original program listing this would be helpful. I would love to get to the bottom of this.

I feel like i'm going insane.

----------------------------------------------------

O.k so i finally found out that it will be shown on SBS on the 10th of April 2011, Thanks for everyone who helped figure this out. Better to be cautious when it comes to matters like this and i'm happy to see that SBS will be playing the program, i can't wait to see it!

"On Sunday 10 April 2011, the Australian broadcaster SBS will air 'The War You Don't See' nationally at 8.30pm

edit on 3-4-2011 by Caleb.K because: spelling error fixed

edit on 3-4-2011 by Caleb.K because: Program time found.

edit on 3-4-2011 by Caleb.K because: Fixing Title to (False Alarm)
extra DIV

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
welcome to the real world op, anything that is truly news has to be found on sites like this. i digress here, back too who wants to be a millionaire

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Caleb.K

I don't know what time or what channel it was going to be on but i definitely saw the advertisement for it the other day. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Tlasalt

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
sometimes they just change a show for ratings or sometimes legal reasons.

it may have been advertised and then they where told they had to hold off until the legal eagles finish before they air it.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by allprowolfy

Haha i understand, it's just that SBS is really the only credible news source in Australia besides the ABC, and to see it blatantly censored really bugs me.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Caleb.K
and to see it blatantly censored really bugs me.

How do you know it was censored?

The SBS website is working fine
www.sbs.com.au...

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by tlasalt

I don't know what time or what channel it was going to be on but i definitely saw the advertisement for it the other day. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Tlasalt

Thanks, it was definitely meant to be on SBS, we had it timed and starred, glad to see someone else also saw it noticed. Do you remember what it was called? Just for future reference?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

www.sbs.com.au...

You are correct, it only just started working for me now. I have been trying for the last hour though with no success.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
yes i saw the ad, sometime last week...+ made a diary note too...
i am in sydney, and it was advertised for NEXT sunday, 10 april...i think it was 8.30pm?
i hope it shows!..
seeya

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

www.sbs.com.au...

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Caleb.K

That very interesting. Can't you call the station and ask them why it wasn't aired? I would be interested in their response.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaneR
yes i saw the ad, sometime last week...+ made a diary note too...
i am in sydney, and it was advertised for NEXT sunday, 10 april...i think it was 8.30pm?
i hope it shows!..
seeya

Fantastic! My father is as defiant as ever and claims it was meant to be on this sunday. However it will be interesting to see if it shows in Sydney or in Melbourne next Sunday. I hope it does!

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I did see the add on SBS as well, SBS is the only tv station that works where I am which is fine as the rest is crap, ABC can be alright at times though. I did think it was pretty brave at the time for SBS to be going there so it stood out. I did not bother noticing the time it was on as I have the internet and already know how corrupt the media is. It is a shame to hear SBS backed down.

I did try getting on the SBS website but it is down again. We should all send them an email for being gutless cronies and to let the truth flow free. Send to [email protected]

So it is on next Sunday. Well hold on those emails for now.
edit on 3-4-2011 by kwakakev because: added 'next sunday...'

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Yeah, we will most likely call them tomorrow, and i'll be sure to post their response. We are also going to find the last few days paper to see what the guide said would be scheduled.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
The SBS schedule only goes up to the 8th so far, and the Yahoo TV guide up to Saturday.

SBS schedule
Yahoo Guide

Should have Sundays schedule up pretty soon.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by BombDefined

Thanks everyone for your posts, unfortunately i have accidentally raised false alarm, the show is called "The War You Don't See" and will air on SBS nationally at 8.30pm. It looks like a fantastic documentary well worth watching!

So sorry for misleading, lets hope it shows next sunday!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Caleb.K

its all good,

i just saw the ad again, and recorded it for the record!

it is on sunday nite, 8.30pm...sbs...

seeya!

top topics

join