It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anomaly In The Sky - Christchurch New Zealand, March 29, 2011. Another Norway Spiral Event?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO

Originally posted by aorAki

And yes, I make my own mind, and I think everyboby should do this as well.

Cool.

I call " crap".

Cool.

I dont give a crap of what you think anyway.

That's cool.

As a Christchurch local (for more than twenty five years, for that matter) I have probably more of an investment in clearing the wheat from the chaff, in matters regarding Otautahi, than you do.

The fact that this hasn't been widely reported by anyone credible and that the source is Youtube; along with the fact that 'nobody' saw this, no one, nada, none I know who live further east than I do, none I know who live on Scarborough Hill (or Monck's Spur, or Redcliffs, or Brighton, or Burwood, or Woolston, or Ferrymead for that matter), by no one I know who works at night and was out and about at the supposed time, that the previous posts by the Youtuber are of 'sky phenomena' and the paranoid comments by people from, for example, Tennessee, rather than from our fair Otautahi lead me to the conclusion that this is bunkum.

What's with the blacked-out square in the video at c. 3:16?

Sure, the commentator may be genuine in his belief, but again, has no firsthand experience...I know that if I saw something like that I WOULD be calling people to get them to verify, yet the public has been silent.

This is why I call "crap".
edit on 2-4-2011 by aorAki because: sp acing

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Ships entering from space. disruption in sky. wormhole. who knows. must be a sight to see.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

We had a so called sun dog three months ago of which we all at work took pictures of with our mobiles.It is just a perfect rainbow circle around the sun.
Because it was a first for me(coming from Europe I never saw anything like this)down here in NZ I googled it;
It is also a sign of rain and surely enough one day later it started to rain for a whole week.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

Originally posted by purplemer

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by silversurfer6161
The above pic is a sun dog which we had here in Auckland on monday or tuesday;I took a few photos with my mobile and I won't bother to post it here.

Yeah your right. I've been wrong so much in this thread the OP probably is a wormhole....

have you seen a sun dog before....

www.dailymail.co.uk...

So would that make this a moon dog?

no.... a similar effect does occur on the moon and it is called a moonbow...

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Uh, no.

Those don't look like the southern lights. Nice attempt at an (amateur-ish) debunking.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I think it's lens flares from city lights.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by boncho

Uh, no.

Those don't look like the southern lights. Nice attempt at an (amateur-ish) debunking.

Please quote me where I said I thought it was the Southern Lights.

In fact I said:

Since it is in Christchurch it would be Aurora Australis - The Southern Lights

In reply to:

Aurora borialis in that shape? I dont know.

Just correcting the regional discrepancy. But thanks for your very useful opinion.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by silversurfer6161
The above pic is a sun dog which we had here in Auckland on monday or tuesday;I took a few photos with my mobile and I won't bother to post it here.

Yeah your right. I've been wrong so much in this thread the OP probably is a wormhole....

have you seen a sun dog before....

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Sorry, I replied to the wrong post. I meant to reply to yours about the other video I posted from the Youtubers account.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Now I am sure these are just lens flares. Compare with these photos:

From here: notufos.myphotoalbum.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

reply to post by RUSSO

really whatever the ops video is i dont think it is lense flare. there are multi account witnesses of the event.
soz what other video are you tapping about.. the one about the southern lights... i dont think it is southern lights either. I live in the outerhebirdes in scotland and we often see the northern lights and they look nothing like that spiral. Im not sure if that is what you were meaning or not thought...

kx

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sergejsh

all your pictures look like lense flare to me that spiral shape does not. I am not saying this cannot be done with lens flare but it does look different. Would you say the norway spiral is lense flare too?

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I saw this ring around the sun on two occasions with my own eyes in NZ and have pics of it too. This is not lens flare - I was told it is a regular occurence and is caused by ice crystals in certain types of clouds.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekeye2
reply to post by boncho

I saw this ring around the sun on two occasions with my own eyes in NZ and have pics of it too. This is not lens flare - I was told it is a regular occurence and is caused by ice crystals in certain types of clouds.

Yes, the sun video we established was a sun dog.

Thanks for the input.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

reply to post by boncho

Uh, no.

Well said

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

This does not look anything like the Norway spiral.

Refer back to this picture:

Why are there two artifacts? This strongly supports the lens flare explanation.

edit on 2-4-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

reply to post by sergejsh

all your pictures look like lense flare to me that spiral shape does not.

Try to compare closer. I have no doubt about lens flare version.

I am not saying this cannot be done with lens flare but it does look different.

Sure, because different environment. So every time would be different. But source of light is at the right place to produce lens flare.

Would you say the norway spiral is lense flare too?

"Spiral" was just malfunctioned rocket. I thought this is obvious.
edit on 2-4-2011 by sergejsh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

reply to post by boncho

Uh, no.

Well said

You can offer the quote where I said it was the southern lights?

Or was this a mistake as your were originally replying to this post.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

really whatever the ops video is i dont think it is lense flare. there are multi account witnesses of the event.

Can you link me to the multiple witnesses. Earlier in the thread I posted the witness accounts but another poster graciously deduced that they were all in a different time period.

If you have other ones, feel free to post.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

soz what other video are you tapping about.. the one about the southern lights... i dont think it is southern lights either. I live in the outerhebirdes in scotland and we often see the northern lights and they look nothing like that spiral. Im not sure if that is what you were meaning or not thought...

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here but you seem confused so I will recap the thread for you. It's difficult to read them entirely, I know...

The second post was:

...I'd sure love to hear an explanation of this phenom. solar related? worm hole? advanced ships? aurora borialis?...

To which the OP replied:

Aurora borialis in that shape? I dont know

Since it was in New Zealand I posted a video of the Autralis Borialis. I did this to clarify the name difference and also to put it in the thread so people can take it out of the equation. Because I don't think the OP pics look like borialis.

Then I posted some quotes of eyewitness accounts, but FOXMULDER147 figured out that the times don't coincide.

While this was going on I posted a video from the OP of the YouTube video, and explained that he had about 20 vids up on his account of "strange" weather phenomena. I suggested that he has little credibility. Which is a position I still maintain.

When I did this I mistakenly referred to his second video as another lens flare, but you pointed out it was a sundog, which I then again made a mistake replying to the wrong post. My meaning was to say that yes, the second video was a sundog. But not the OP pictures.

Clear?

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

ty im tired and after doing a bit more digging i stand corrects. the polar lights can form in spirals. i have seen the lights many times but never like this.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ecda052f6820.jpg[/atsimg]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join