It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jordan battles to regain 'priceless' 2000 year old Lead Books More important than dead sea scroll

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

see when someone makes up a story to make sense of something they don't understand it is either religion or science.
God created everything= religion
there was nothing then BANG= science

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
We can set here and argue about this find all day long, but if it is indeed found to be authentic it helps to give us a snapshot of life at that time. Not even the so-called experts have all the answers and sometimes it takes finds like this to shed new light on history

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by donatellanator

Thanks. Worship is in the heart not in some city. Here is my basis.
John 4:7-25 NASB

John 4:7-25 NASB

There came a woman of Samaria to draw water. Jesus said to her, "Give Me a drink." For His disciples had gone away into the city to buy food. Therefore the Samaritan woman said to Him, "How is it that You, being a Jew, ask me for a drink since I am a Samaritan woman?" (For Jews have no dealings with Samaritans.) Jesus answered and said to her, "If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, ‘Give Me a drink,’ you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water." She said to Him, "Sir, You have nothing to draw with and the well is deep; where then do You get that living water? "You are not greater than our father Jacob, are You, who gave us the well, and drank of it himself and his sons and his cattle?" Jesus answered and said to her, "Everyone who drinks of this water will thirst again; but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him shall never thirst; but the water that I will give him will become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life."
The woman said to Him, "Sir, give me this water, so I will not be thirsty nor come all the way here to draw." He said to her, "Go, call your husband and come here." The woman answered and said, "I have no husband." Jesus said to her, "You have correctly said, ‘I have no husband’; for you have had five husbands, and the one whom you now have is not your husband; this you have said truly." The woman said to Him, "Sir, I perceive that You are a prophet. "Our fathers worshiped in this mountain, and you people say that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship." Jesus said to her, "Woman, believe Me, an hour is coming when neither in this mountain nor in Jerusalem will you worship the Father. "You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, for salvation is from the Jews. "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers. "God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth." The woman said to Him, "I know that Messiah is coming (He who is called Christ); when that One comes, He will declare all things to us."

If you know the history the woman at the well was Samaritan. Samaritans were considered "half-breeds" and lower than dogs. They were hated. The Northern Kingdom was looked at as defiled blood and they were not allowed to worship in Jerusalem. God was no longer looking for ritualistic legalists but hearing the cries and prayers of those children and were longing for God and were reaching for him with longsuffering. Those
edit on 30-3-2011 by sirjunlegun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by lme7898354
We can set here and argue about this find all day long, but if it is indeed found to be authentic it helps to give us a snapshot of life at that time. Not even the so-called experts have all the answers and sometimes it takes finds like this to shed new light on history

Well, the 'so-called experts' rely on just this kind of discovery to advance our knowledge of the past. Trouble is so much middle-east archaeology has been imbued with a political taint. Still, if you are slamming 'experts', is it reasonable to ask just who and why?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirjunlegun
reply to post by Sky watcher

Jerusalem is no longer Holy. My body is the temple. Your body is the temple. Where we stand is holier than Jerusalem.

true people should know that WE are GOD we are creators, all we do is use the energy around us which you might call god energy to create, but we ARE GOD. not some creature or person or alien from another star system.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
if they havent decoded the books yet how can they speculate whats within the pages?
how can they assume its religious text, or even christian?

now they are putting ideas in peoples heads, and they dont even know what the books may or may not say.

i think its very foolish to speculate what is or isnt in these books until we actually translate them.

and on another note, just because the books are old dont mean they are the absolute truth, i dont think calling it a "revelation" is very intelligent.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Lagrimas

edit on 30-3-2011 by infojunkie2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-3-2011 by infojunkie2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by soundmatrix2009

Originally posted by sirjunlegun
reply to post by Sky watcher

Jerusalem is no longer Holy. My body is the temple. Your body is the temple. Where we stand is holier than Jerusalem.

true people should know that WE are GOD we are creators, all we do is use the energy around us which you might call god energy to create, but we ARE GOD. not some creature or person or alien from another star system.

surely you are kidding, cause most people can't even create a decen't homemade biscuit anymore.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Does anyone think this has anything to do with the so-called false revelations that have been proposed to be coming out before the dawning of the apocalypse? I remember reading something big was supposed to happen to change religion and man's attitude towards what they thought was the truth. I was just wondering if this threw up any flags for anyone else on here.

Either way, it's a very cool find, but I think it will be years before the lay public gets to know the information on these old texts.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

"Ummmm no"...

As I enjoy doing research would you be so kind as to provide a word seeker with some docu on that.

Much thanks

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Tamahu

Personally I believe ALL religions were invented to control and manipulate mankind (homosapiens).

We were meant to be a spiritual being not a "religious" being.

In all religions, bar none, there are contradictions upon contradictions...........case in point.

I'm simply a student, I read voraciously.

Again, on a personal level, I believe that Jesus is simply another updated version of horus the sun god.

Your post shows you are paying attention.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkk

Originally posted by Rhebefree

Originally posted by tarifa37
The Israeli Bedouin who currently holds the books has denied smuggling them out of Jordan, and claims they have been in his family for 100 years.

Jordan says it will "exert all efforts at every level" to get the relics repatriated.

Mr Elkington says the relics feature signs that early Christians would have interpreted as indicating Jesus, shown side-by-side with others they would have regarded as representing the presence of God.

"It's talking about the coming of the messiah," he says.

"In the upper square [of one of the book covers] we have the seven-branch menorah, which Jews were utterly forbidden to represent because it resided in the holiest place in the Temple in the presence of God.

"So we have the coming of the messiah to approach the holy of holies, in other words to get legitimacy from God."

edit on 29-3-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-3-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

So they talk about a comming messiah? Isnt that a blow to christianity? If these are christian in nature but are talking about a comming messiah as opposed to the messiah jesus christ then doesn't that lean more towards Jesus being a concept that was latter personified?
edit on 30-3-2011 by Darkk because: (no reason given)

oh good grief, little grasping at straws there arent we?,or just no knowledge of what you speak of, the bible that we have today as well as the dead sea scrolls speak of the coming messiah, his name jesus what not given in those either, until the NT.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

Why is YHWH is pronounced “YAHUWAH ” rather than “Jehovah” or “Yahweh”?
1) 100 prophet’s names carry “YAHUW.” None carry “Jehov” or “Yahwe”!
2) “AHleleuYAH” (praise be to YAH) is the oldest and only spoken phrase which has never been mispronounced in over 5000 years! It carries all the letters-sounds of YAHUWAH. It is never “Ahlelev-Jeho” or “Ehlelewe-Yeh.” There is no “J”, “V” or “weh” in ancient YAHUWan/”Paleo-Hebrew” (AbraUW). Almighty YAH has protected this pronouciation over 5000 years!
3) 177 Scriptural names carry “YAHUW.” None carry “Jehov” or “Yahwe.”
4) The fourth letter is exactly the same as the second letter- “AH” not “eh”.
5) The tribe of “YAHUWdAH” (“the Door is YAHUWAH ”) is spelled hdwhy. Pull out the “d” or d and you get YHWH or from right to left as in ancient writings HWHY or “YAHUWAH ” not “Yahweh.”
6) All the present day names of nations and continents which end in “ia” still carry the ancient pronounciated “YA”, as AsiYA, IndiYA, RussiYA, and IndonesiYA. EphesiYA 3:15 states this phonetic link to all peoples.
7) “YAHUWdaia” means “the land of the YAHUWans”. It is never “Jehovdaia” or “Yahwehdaia”. The pure evidence is overwhelming for “YAHUWAH ” being irrefutably His Restored Original Name.

edit on 3/30/2011 by YAHUWAH SAVES because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Longdead33

Not really, when I learned the Big Bang and Abiogenesis were lies it didn't really faze me at all, in fact I was more happy.

eerr what??? got any proof that these are lies? na didnt think so
and just so ya know its learnt not learned
edit on 30-3-2011 by Neilc1972 because: nipple clamps

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

I would also submit the following for you to chew on a bit if you would:

“Yeshua” is often taught as the Hebrew word for “salvation”. However, Strong’s or any Hebrew concordance will show you salvation is “Yashuah” not “yeshua.” “Savior” is the word “Yasha.” “Yeshua” originates from a rabbinical acronym “Yemach Shemo Uzekra” meaning “make his name (YAHUW the Savior) to be destroyed.” Unknowingly Christians blindly followed rabbinical deceits, seeking for a Hebrew root word to match “Jesus,” and have widely accepted this mistake. “Yeshua” for our Savior’s Name occurs in no reliable New Testament text we have seen dating earlier than 1500 AY (After YAHUW).

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by soundmatrix2009

I am not saying this. Your body is to be made a living sacrifice.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

But yet, they were found five years ago and nothing was said. Why are we only finding out about it now?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neilc1972

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Longdead33

Not really, when I learned the Big Bang and Abiogenesis were lies it didn't really faze me at all, in fact I was more happy.

eerr what??? got any proof that these are lies? na didnt think so
and just so ya know its learnt not learned[

Quite a bit of proof. Michael Behe pretty much destroyed both ideas. Secondly:

learn·ed (lûrnd)
adj.
1. Possessing or demonstrating profound, often systematic knowledge; erudite.
2. Directed toward scholars: a learned journal.
3. (lûrnd) Acquired by learning or experience: learned behavior; a learned response.

Learned - definition

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I don't really see how anyone can claim these texts are "more important" than the Dead Sea Scrolls at this point. They only have a vague idea of what they say. Isn't that a bit premature?

It surely does show a level of ingenuity, though. They knew papyrus wouldn't last. Stone would be costly and difficult and might erode, but lead? Good choice if you want something to last "forever." This will be interesting, though it looks like we're going to have a major international fight before anything definitive can be done here. I just hope the same group that got hold of the Dead Sea Scrolls and kept their work secret for so many years does not get hold of this one. We all need to see what these things say.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by YAHUWAH SAVES
reply to post by Xtraeme

Why is YHWH is pronounced “YAHUWAH ” rather than “Jehovah” or “Yahweh”?

Only the Kohanim knew the actual pronunciation of יהוה (YHVH). This is why there are no vowel or grammar points (nikkud) surrounding the letters. If we look back to Phoenician or Aramaic, the consonants really offer no hints about how the letters were intended to be pronounced. This is probably one of the reasons why old kabbalists like Abulafia would permute the various guttural and pharyngeal sounds during meditation. Indeed, if we look at writings by notables like Vital we see in sefers like Shaarei Kedusha that knowing the "lost" or "missing" vowel points was considered a sign of initiation and represented a highly coveted secret.

This goes to your point, and what I wrote earlier, that most modern day pronunciations and spellings are often corruptions.

2) “AHleleuYAH” (praise be to YAH) is the oldest and only spoken phrase which has never been mispronounced in over 5000 years! It carries all the letters-sounds of YAHUWAH. It is never “Ahlelev-Jeho” or “Ehlelewe-Yeh.” There is no “J”, “V” or “weh” in ancient YAHUWan/”Paleo-Hebrew” (AbraUW). Almighty YAH has protected this pronouciation over 5000 years!

Looking over the older Torah scrolls it's evident that the word YHVH was considered too holy for the average person. This is why there are varying names of god as Hashem (י-ה-ו-ה), Elohim, Shaddai, El, Yah (or simply יָה), the Shemhamphorasch, Ein Sof, and so on. Each one of these names has a meaning. For instance "I Shall Be As I Shall Be" (Exodus 3:14) is considered a divine name in and of itself. That said the only name considered to be the true name of the Abrahamic God is the Tetragrammaton.

Paleo-hebrew most certainly had a `V` or vav (ו) though it looks more like tsadik-soffit (ץ). Futhermore the bet (בּ) has a counterpart with vet (ב). So there are technically two "v" sounds one as "veh" or "veth" and the other as "vuh" or any other pronunciation with a vowel point added. The "W" is a corruption that simply helps with English pronunciation.
edit on 30-3-2011 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join