It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jordan battles to regain 'priceless' 2000 year old Lead Books More important than dead sea scroll

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Volund
That one with metal holding it shut on all 4 sides looks creepy. I can understand both sides, but sealing the top and bottom too...
I just realized that to open the creepy one you have to break 7 seals. 2 top + 2 bottom + 3 side. Extra creepy.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bdb778da7864.jpg[/atsimg]

I bet those books were hidden for a good reason. You know someone is going to open it!

I am currently at my local library and I have just went through the encyclopedia of Judica (new encyclopedia). Intresting enough it almost as the same picture.
My laptop does not show a good pic of it, but look closely and you will see the tree of knowledge/life on the cover, this obviously matches the cover on the lead tablets. Game changer

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I am not for certain about the tree on the cover of this book.

I may have the history incorrect here..but...was not Jordan a new country in the terms we use today??

Was not this actually part of a nation called Lebanon?? The Cedars of Lebanon?? Tyre and that sort of thing??

I do know that wars and conflicts often pushed and changed borders rapidly.

While my knowledge of the history here is a bit fuzzy..I am thinking that Jordan as a nation did not exist. It is a recent invention of men. The nations were Israel..the Northern Israel and Lebanon..particularly around the city of Tyre. I am thinking that at one time these were Phonecian cities and nations. How long...how far back.. did the customs and religions of these other nations exist..including the Cedars of Lebanon.

I know that some of it is recorded in the Olde Testament.

Just a rambling thought.

Orangetom

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Most texts were done in scrolls and certainly only the up most important scriptures (treasure scrolls) were done on metal, what is different with this is that it is indeed locked which is unique. Furthermore this litrature probably was not shown to many people (including many preist probably). If it was used all throughout the community it would not be locked.

Here is further thought on my behalf on this book.
You would never seal a book unless you were going to bury it and you knew you and your community (jewish) were going to die off and disappear. You do not lock a book so you can unlock it the next day, this book was deliberately locked and hidden from the public.
edit on 2-4-2011 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Fantastic new article in Sunday Mail

Hidden in a cave for 2,000 years... is this the first-ever portrait of Jesus?

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

The image is eerily familiar: a bearded young man with flowing curly hair. After lying for nearly 2,000 years hidden in a cave in the Holy Land, the fine detail is difficult to determine. But in a certain light it is not difficult to interpret the marks around the figure’s brow as a crown of thorns.

The extraordinary picture of one of the recently discovered hoard of up to 70 lead codices – booklets – found in a cave in the hills overlooking the Sea of Galilee is one reason Bible historians are clamouring to get their hands on the ancient artefacts.

If genuine, this could be the first-ever portrait of Jesus Christ, possibly even created in the lifetime of those who knew him.

Although as one person commented

I've seen more convincing images on a slice ot toast.

- richard, worcester u.k., 03/4/2011 06:47

edit on 3-4-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

When I first saw this book I thought of the scene in The Omen where they find an artifact that reveals the face of the anti-christ and the guy who saw it (the uncle?) dies by a freak accident before he can warn people that it's Damien.

Then I thought maybe it is an image of someone whose soul is trapped/locked in the book. But I admit I was watching cthulhu movies yesterday so I am probably under some sort of Lovecraftian influence right now.

The books look evil to me.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Lead codices declared fake

Today, an Aramaic translator has completed his analysis of the artifacts, and has found what he says is incontrovertible evidence that they are fakes.

"I noticed there were a lot of Old Aramaic forms that were at least 2,500 years old. But they were mixed in with other forms that were younger, so I took a closer look at that and pulled out all the distinct forms that I could find," Caruso told Life's Little Mysteries, a sister site to LiveScience. "It was very, very odd — I've never seen this kind of mix before." The youngest scripts he identified, called Nabatean and Palmyrene, date from the second and third centuries, proving the documents could not possibly have been written during the dawn of Christianity, Caruso said. Even the oldest scripts were written by someone who didn't know what he was doing, the new analysis shows. "There were inconsistencies in how they did the stroke order, which you would never have seen. Scribes had very specific ways of doing things," Caruso said. Furthermore, several characters appeared "flipped" — a mistake that would imply they were hastily copied rather than original.

Visit the above link to read the entire article.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Longdead33

many people's lives will be shattered if they realize that they lived their lives based on a lie.

Not really, when I learned the Big Bang and Abiogenesis were lies it didn't really faze me at all, in fact I was more happy.

I see you have this handled. Um...handedly. I'll refrain from giving my thoughts as you seem to have it all covered. Keep up the good work.

Check out KeithTruth on Youtube. I think you may enjoy him.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakeLeMaster

Today, an Aramaic translator has completed his analysis of the artifacts, and has found what he says is incontrovertible evidence that they are fakes.

"I noticed there were a lot of Old Aramaic forms that were at least 2,500 years old. But they were mixed in with other forms that were younger, so I took a closer look at that and pulled out all the distinct forms that I could find," Caruso told Life's Little Mysteries, a sister site to LiveScience. "It was very, very odd — I've never seen this kind of mix before." The youngest scripts he identified, called Nabatean and Palmyrene, date from the second and third centuries, proving the documents could not possibly have been written during the dawn of Christianity, Caruso said. Even the oldest scripts were written by someone who didn't know what he was doing, the new analysis shows. "There were inconsistencies in how they did the stroke order, which you would never have seen. Scribes had very specific ways of doing things," Caruso said. Furthermore, several characters appeared "flipped" — a mistake that would imply they were hastily copied rather than original.

I haven't really followed this one closely, but David Elkington was on Coast To Coast a week or so back, apparently he's the person who took the photographs of these metal books, and he said that the language was a version of Hebrew used by the priest class, not Aramaic.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by VelvetSplash

Originally posted by JakeLeMaster

I haven't really followed this one closely, but David Elkington was on Coast To Coast a week or so back, apparently he's the person who took the photographs of these metal books, and he said that the language was a version of Hebrew used by the priest class, not Aramaic.

Which is yet another reason in the infinitely long list of reasons to not listen to C2C.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by HivethinkWhich is yet another reason in the infinitely long list of reasons to not listen to C2C.

Quite.

I don't know the qualifications of that particular guest, but he was apparently the one who broke this story and is dealing with the people holding the books.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
From much research on this book. (10 minutes lol) This is probably a fake, sad. I thought it was something mind blowing. oh well.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999
LongDead 33,

Christianity is a death cult constructed in order to keep a large amount of people in line and those who sell it, rich. The ingredients of fear, early childhood indoctrination, suppression and brainwashing are their weapons of choice.

At the end of the day, if you are a free thinking person, it's your choice. It's a choice between fear (religion) and love...

This is as dumb and ignorant as it gets Longdead 33. Your education or lack there of does not explain the dead inert economies of those under Communism not that many years back. You know...Communism..the anti God religious cult. Marx, Engels, and all the intelligences. The anti God system of Communism was heavy on Education, heavy on the religion of science ..yet they worked very hard to keep people in line and a few wealthy and living well off the labors of others. Only public education can dumb people down so far they forget this very recent history. What is the religion of the Anti God Atheist death cult Communists?? Please tell us that one...what the name of this religion is under the Communists??

How many people through out the world did the Communists Kill..not only in their own countries but others as well.?? Did they kill them in LOVE???

Please show me from the Word of God where it says that the purposes of Christianity is to keep people in line and kill off those who do not lock step?? Show me where this is an instruction of conduct for a Church to carry out?? It does not exist.

What you are attempting to describe is a type or variation of absolute power. This template is found in the Pagan nations and what they were attempting to do.

What we are having in the world today..is an attempt to return to Paganism and or absolute power. Much of Paganism today survives in the form of Occult religious practices. Hidden, concealed, and esoteric.
This is also a definition of Politics. Hidden, concealed, not spoken about to those they intend to control. A separate class carrying this out for their benefit. This is not a Christian Instruction.

Your education and knowledge are incomplete. You will not learn this pattern in public schools..they will avoid it assiduously/devoutly...while promoting the religion of Politics which pays for and finances public education.

So many on these types of threads are floating around in your same boat Longdead33. No Anchor.

What someone has done to you and so many others Longdead33 is sell you a bill of goods under wise men/gnostic education and yet ignored a whole other facet of History. A facet under which Christianity was downplayed and discouraged and Atheism and the religion of the State...Hegel..the state is god..was promoted. They totally ignored this history in order to get you under their control. You have fallen for the very thing you decry. You fall for it becuse your education and knowledge of history are incomplete. You are not free thinking.

They do not tell you how many the anti God Communists killed and destroyed in order to maintain their control.
They get a free pass..and you along with many others out here have taken a big bite out of it.

In the end it is a choice between the Truth and ignorance/darkness.

Thanks,
Orangetom

edit on 2-4-2011 by orangetom1999 because: (no reason given)

I am glad I found this reply from you even if it's after some weeks. It has seriously made me laugh for a few minutes. I have no idea where you got the impression that the opposite of religion is communism. Communism is a system that actually reminds me of organized religion. The monotheistic God of religion is replaced by the communist leader who is worshiped like God by the brainwashed followers. I prefer none of the two as they are both dangerous.

Your post is what someone would expect from someone who is so far from reality that believes that there is a conspiracy to convert everyone into atheist, deny Jesus (the one and only savior of course) and take over the planet.

Please show me from the Word of God where it says that the purposes of Christianity is to keep people in line and kill off those who do not lock step?? Show me where this is an instruction of conduct for a Church to carry out?? It does not exist.

Word of God? There is no word of God just the word of humans who claimed to represent God in order to enforce their own worldview and opinions at a time when humans were not easily controlled. If the man made God existed he would have the ability to express more clearly and in person. Christianity (crusades), communism, fascism and other religions/totalitarian regimes have killed, destroyed and oppressed people in the past. People in Africa were born with HIV and died because the church did not allow the use of condoms. People were burned at the stake and tortured for not obeying the church in the past. People everywhere suffer from guilt and fear of going to hell because of their belief in the celestial dictator. A dictator who reads their mind and will send them to hell if they don't obey him but loves them at the same time.

Christianity is true for the followers, false for the wise and useful to the ones in power (and the rich clergy of course).

I agree with your last sentence btw

edit on 29/4/2011 by Longdead33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by YAHUWAH SAVES

Actually a satan is an adversary or opponent not a destroyer.
Just thought Id clear that little chestnut up for you.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Looks like the codices are popping up again in the press. Heard some more this AM on BBC about them and found this on the web. People are starting to talk again. It'll be interesting to see where we go from here. Personally, I'd love to know what they say.

www.colinandrews.net...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Secondly, the Nicean Council never discussed the cannon of scripture, they debated the Arian controversy that had arisen from Alexandria, that Jesus wasn't divine. The second thing they discussed was who was to be the new bishop at the church at Alexandria. The cannon of scripture was long established before Nicea.

You know this, of course, because you were there, or a direct witness that told you of this was there, right? Face it, you don't know anything about what went on at that council, and neither do any of the rest of us. The Nicean Council decided what was in, and what was not in, the "official" canon, which is akin to a State religion, which, at the time, it was.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Longdead33
If there is any information of importance that doesn't agree with the mainstream christian dogma it will not be allowed to get out. Many are probably working hard as we speak to either destroy the books or discredit them as evil or something equivalent, if they contain important information that shakes their dogma.

The christian church will not allow for the truth to come out. Their power, influence and wealth depends on the dogma staying intact and many people's lives will be shattered if they realize that they lived their lives based on a lie.

Thank you. I fully agree with you. Case in point the Babylonian and Sumerian stories of Gods and me, and the wars and other things they did are always called "fiction" by Christians, which makes no sense at all. For instance, not too long ago, someone posted from Early Christian writings about Astarte/Ashtoreth The Queen of Heaven being the wife and consort of God. did one Christian accept this as truth? Ancient Egypt figures prominently is early Christianity, and it is my view that that most of the Jesus story was taking from the story of Osiris and Horus.
The Origins of Christianity

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by RenegadeScholar
reply to post by tarifa37

Anyone want to speculate as to what the texts may reveal?

Fingers crossed.

Yes. Early man suffered from extreme LEAD poisoning and was stark raving MAD.....The whole story was made by insane people.

Anyone working with LEAD..especially making BOOK and paper out of it...was frekn nutz

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I find it fascinating, that the books are claimed to be frauds, and they supposedly say that:
Jesus wasn't starting his own religion, he was going back to a 1000 year old king David version. And that god was both feminine and masculine.

Which isn't that what pagans have always believed?

Newer article
Lead books real?

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   
thanks Chiefsmom for the update / post. I had never heard of this.

officially still fake (lead is 2000 years old but the script was added later)
but some believe its genuine

www.ancient-origins.net...

Initial analysis at several prominent laboratories confirmed the Roman provenance of the lead. The job was now to discover whether it was reused Roman lead – reused by cunning forgers on the hunt for willing but gullible buyers and considerable riches.

Ten years and fifteen separate tests later we knew these things were for real. But by this time, a campaign to suppress them had already begun. Dissonant voices had already said that the metal might be old but it had been re-beaten into these codices.

It was Prof. Roger Webb of the University of Surrey’s Ion Beam Centre, working with Matthew Hood, an independent analyst, who was able finally to entirely refute this supposition. Not only was the metal old, it also demonstrated all the signs of great antiquity. The codices are authentic.

edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: clarify

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Did they try chanting "klaatu verata nicto" while holding the book?

In all seriousness, anything that old is amazing to have. Wonder why they were hidden in a cave?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join