It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jordan battles to regain 'priceless' 2000 year old Lead Books More important than dead sea scroll

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Interesting articale with more pictures in today's Daily Mail newspaper on the discovery of theses books.www.dailymail.co.uk... ml

Could this be the biggest find since the Dead Sea Scrolls? Seventy metal books found in cave in Jordan could change our view of Biblical history
For scholars of faith and history, it is a treasure trove too precious for price.

This ancient collection of 70 tiny books, their lead pages bound with wire, could unlock some of the secrets of the earliest days of Christianity.

Academics are divided as to their authenticity but say that if verified, they could prove as pivotal as the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls in 1947.On pages not much bigger than a credit card, are images, symbols and words that appear to refer to the Messiah and, possibly even, to the Crucifixion and Resurrection.

Adding to the intrigue, many of the books are sealed, prompting academics to speculate they are actually the lost collection of codices mentioned in the Bible’s Book Of Revelation.The books were discovered five years ago in a cave in a remote part of Jordan to which Christian refugees are known to have fled after the fall of Jerusalem in 70AD. Important documents from the same period have previously been found there.

Initial metallurgical tests indicate that some of the books could date from the first century AD.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... z1I4fbGnmi

edit on 30-3-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

link   
Well I have to say that the timing of this is pretty cool. Who knows if it was planned this way or not, but does it really matter? If these are authentic, then I think I'll keep my focus on it being a game changer. Most of us realize that the Truth is not found in any book but there are guideposts and indicators scattered throughout All religions. However, I personally believe that Jesus was a real guy but he was a thorn in the side of the establishment because he showed the easy way and not by means of coercion or fear, but through loving kindness and compassion for All.

Now for a fun what-if:
What if the lead books have something to do with Alchemy? Turn the lead to gold and then see what Truth is revealed. Don't believe in Alchemy? I didn't use to either.

Much Love to you All.

link   
Not project blu beam but this is def the beginning of the three big relious wars

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkk

Thats wrong, didn't they get some of the so called gnostic gospels from the dead sea scrolls, I gunna go do some reading.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by itsatrap
reply to post by Jeanius

Dear closet racist,

The "jews" did not say they had it, a bedouin said it was in his family. Please read the article more clearly before ranting.
edit on 29-3-2011 by itsatrap because: (no reason given)
Dear sir or mam: the only part this person got wrong, was the section were he state's the Jew's had the hunk of lead for 100 years, they did in fact steal the artifact from Jordan. the jews seem to have a problem with the theft of valubules from east African diamonds to treasures around the planet all in the name of isreal? c,mon.the lead was part of Jordan's past and was outright stolen so next time please refrain from calling folk's names, Thank You.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ibegood2

Before we go any further, please explain to us all what you think "bedouin" means. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37

Originally posted by RenegadeScholar
reply to post by tarifa37

Anyone want to speculate as to what the texts may reveal?

Fingers crossed.

For me just the confirmation that Jesus really existed any thing else would be a bonus.

LOL wuut? There is more contemporary writings about Jesus then there are for Alexander the Great. The first notable writings for Alexander are from 400 years after his death. No one claims Alexander wasn't a real person.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Really?? There is no solid proof that Jesus ever existed if there is and you know about it please show me. This is why these books could be so important. If they talk of Jesus and they are from the same time then that makes for a very good case that the guy actually existed. Now whether he was the son of God would no doubt still be debated but his existence would be far more probable.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Jordan runs a brisk tourism business with Christians who want to see some holy sites but are too afraid to go into Jerusalem. They have access to the Jordan River (duh) and a few important sites. You can stand and look at Israel with less risk of being shot at or blown up.

A find like this would be important to Jordan for the same reason it would be Cincinnati: they can put it in a museum and charge people to come look at it.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

The Bible is one of the greatest historical documents ever written. Archaeological discoveries time and time again show the Biblical accounts to be accurate. And then you have the testimony from "hostile" sources, the Babylonian Talmud. It describes Jesus and even says He did many miracles, but attributes them to "magic" and not Him being God manifest in the flesh. All His apostles except for John died terrible deaths as martyrs, are you in the camp that believes all these men died to preserve a lie??

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Sure they will tell us what is written dont hold your breath all they are showing us is the Menorah image and a few flowers. I am currently involved in a major world wide conspiracy against my work and know first hand what these so called rulers of information are capable of. I decoded the Shroud recently using a new filming system of angular overlay revealing skin and hair but the incredible part was I have revealed three ripped toes off the left foot. This foot clip is in my threads here. Other than one small Australian newspaper I have now been black banned by every major media world wide who think they can stop the truth from getting out. My images dont lie sorry I side tracked from this but we will never be told whats in these lead codices. and PS the Dead Sea Scrolls have been hidden from us also only releasing what they think we dumb stupid sheep need to see and read Pissed Off Vincenzo Ruello

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schkeptick
Jordan runs a brisk tourism business with Christians who want to see some holy sites but are too afraid to go into Jerusalem. They have access to the Jordan River (duh) and a few important sites. You can stand and look at Israel with less risk of being shot at or blown up.

A find like this would be important to Jordan for the same reason it would be Cincinnati: they can put it in a museum and charge people to come look at it.

Sad to say as with any possible "hotline to God" (name of your own choosing) we are talking power and money being prime motivators. As far as I'm concerned anyone who believes Jesus is no more then interesting, though I find even near death experiences by hard core "believers" in any of the mono-theistic faiths, often come back and say something like; well maybe not but thats not what is IMPORTANT . Christ seems to be something, in one or likely an amalgamation of several people, the Son of God matters less in the end as those who try to behave towered others as taught both by the Buddha and Christ. Do that and we all would be a lot better in this world. Divine is to me an interesting concept but Divine, what exactly? It's a side show to what matters like try to be nice to others, OK?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

As far as I am aware there are no writtings from the time that Jesus was alive that mention him at all. They are all from decades later.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
These could be totally fake as many are counterfeiting relics to sell off to suckers

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Um, forgive me if someone has covered this...but, after I read the article (link) on the lead booklets, I went and read Revelation in the Bible...specifically the chapter entitled 'the seals' and...I did not sleep very well last night. Go read and see. Perhaps the rumbling noise we are hearing (and I have heard it myself) is God.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcherIf true the Israeli authorities need to inspect them first to see if they are genuine.

That's a laugh. I heard the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered 40 years before their contents were released to the public. So they could be edited, no doubt.
I hope whoever wrote the books knew about the toxicity of lead. Otherwise, they could have been delirious after being exposed to it.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Jesus said this:

Matthew 24:30
And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Not the sign of the Son of man in some cave in the desert. But He did say this:

Matthew 24:26
Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

And this:

Matthew 24:24
For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

So whatever comes out of all this...I'll just stick to the original, surely we don't need anymore confirmation than what we've already been given

edit on 30-3-2011 by Maymunah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by shroudnews77we will never be told whats in these lead codices. and PS the Dead Sea Scrolls have been hidden from us also only releasing what they think we dumb stupid sheep need to see and read

I agree with you 100%. Sorry about your troubles, I am familiar with what happens when one stands up to the authorities.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by itsatrap

Closet? Seems he's come out if there was ever any closet in the first place. Lovely how religion and clans bring folks together... what was that stuff some savior ranted about love?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerramjett

im not entirely sure that the majority can handle the truth just like jack said.....there is allot of money and power relying on the fact that we will never know it and its probably out there in front of us but with all the dis information and misleading theories we would never know that its sitting in front of us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join