It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jordan battles to regain 'priceless' 2000 year old Lead Books More important than dead sea scroll

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by YAHUWAH SAVES

Any sources for these claims? What you say is actually pretty interesting if true...

Also, if the big guy up stairs is actually real, it seems kind of rude to stop someone at the pearly gates simply because they got the name wrong. Crazy me thought it was all about the philosophy and following the rules....

And if divinely inspired...you think god could have told the scribes to use something a little less toxic than lead, just sayin.....

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by itsatrap

Well, you know that jews are the root of all evil right?

George Soros is Evil

George Soros is Jewish

Israeli's are Jewish.

Therefore if George Soros is evil and George Soros is Jewish then All Jews/Israeli's are evil.

Wow, thats just simple logic!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

The Name is meaningless. It's what is meant by the Author or the Speaker that matters. God is not silly, only people are silly enough to argue such nonsense. That name stuff is just another form of hatred and attempt to divide and lord over others. You could call him Fred and as long as you know who you mean, that is all that matters.

This Name nonsense is one of the diseases of the Body along with Denominational-ism. Both forms of Hate and divisive and destructive. Only that which unites is real. That which causes division and arguments is always wrong. Preaching love out one side of our face while encouraging hate and division based on parsing words out the other is hardly the point.

Whether I call water, water or agua, it is still water.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsatrap

Also, if the big guy up stairs is actually real, it seems kind of rude to stop someone at the pearly gates simply because they got the name wrong.

You stated that well. What Name you use or what language you speak it in is meaningless drivel. Only two Commandments and Man can't even get that right.

Love God, Love your Fellow Man and that is it. All the other messages are just forms of hate. I've heard that Name stuff repeated in various Cult's that separate themselves from Christianity and believe only they are saved. How absurd.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

You say:

So the Jew is a total liar saying his family has had them over 100 years?

Where is the proof of this?

Why doesn't anyone care that the information was stolen and is now in control of Jews.

Does it persecute them for the murder of Christ even more than the bible?

Or other horrors?

If not, why steal it and lie about it?

The article clearly states:

The Israeli Bedouin who currently holds the books has denied smuggling them out of Jordan, and claims they have been in his family for 100 years.

Yet another example of how hatred can cause people to completely become blind. You saw the word "Israeli" and immediately used it to launch into an attack on Jews even though the article says in black and white that the person is Bedouin.

Bigotry = Ignorance. Proven.

On topic, I do hope that whatever the end result is, these books are thoroughly examined by qualified experts and most importantly, preserved.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
The Israeli Bedouin who currently holds the books has denied smuggling them out of Jordan, and claims they have been in his family for 100 years.

Jordan says it will "exert all efforts at every level" to get the relics repatriated.

Mr Elkington says the relics feature signs that early Christians would have interpreted as indicating Jesus, shown side-by-side with others they would have regarded as representing the presence of God.

"It's talking about the coming of the messiah," he says.

"In the upper square [of one of the book covers] we have the seven-branch menorah, which Jews were utterly forbidden to represent because it resided in the holiest place in the Temple in the presence of God.

"So we have the coming of the messiah to approach the holy of holies, in other words to get legitimacy from God."

edit on 29-3-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-3-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

Anyone else find the timing of these so called discoveries highly sus?
I mean with all the fuss over 2012, the middle east, radiation from Japan, UFO's..... Now a book made of lead pertaining to a messiah, which just happened to be in the possesion of a bedouin family that just happened to reveal it to the public (or rather BBC just happened to reveal it to the public) now.... How convinient

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

If they go back to Jordan, all I can say is let the final Crusade begin! Why would muslims be so desperate to get their hands on precious early Christians Text's? Unless they wanted them destroyed. Look at what Saudi Arabia is doing to all early Christian Church's they have discovered in their territory(deny they exist).

Muslims can never be trusted period.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeanius

Why doesn't anyone care that the information was stolen and is now in control of Jews.

Or other horrors?

the Jew's didn't kill Jesus. The Roman's did. So that makes Italians Jesus killers. Let me ask you this: When have the Romans ever shown regret, mercy or humility? When have the Romans hesitated to execute someone who got in their way? When have the Romans felt remorseful for killing people who interfered with their outrageously high tax collection(P.S the money changers where converting local currency to Roman currency so people could pay their taxes!)?

And when did the Romans start practicing Jewish traditions? The washing of the hands to absolve guilt is a Jewish tradition, not Roman.
edit on 29-3-2011 by korathin because: oops, was originally intended for another one but misread it, my bad(but the second part, part now shown applies to this bigot)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhebefree

Isnt this what project blue beam said would happen?
this is part of the conspiracy no?

Am I the first one to notice????????????

They said in that original conspiracy that new relics that would point to the 'true messiah' would be found in a cave,
before the blue beams started up with the fictitious holograms..
true? no?
Blue Beam conspiracy seems to tie in...

I agree! timing! :p

educate-yourself.org...
edit on 29-3-2011 by Lagrimas because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-3-2011 by Lagrimas because: link

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Anyone else find the timing of these so called discoveries highly sus?;I
mean with all the fuss over 2012, the middle east, radiation from Japan,UFO'ss..... Now a book made of lead pertaining to a messiah, which just happened to be in thepossesionn of abedouinn family that just happened to reveal it to the public (or rather BBC just happened to reveal it to the public) now.... Howconvinientt

Yes, and on the same day they suffer a totall crash of all their websites www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeanius

Or other horrors?

That is certainly the view of the Jordanian government, which claims they were smuggled into Israel by another Bedouin.

en.wikipedia.org...

I don't think a muslim Bedouin is going to take kindly to being called Jewish.

But then you just gave your racist views away Now we can ignore you.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Great find !

I am excited to know more about these books. But I fear that we will not be getting a translation for some time. I wouldn't doubt it that if these book are significant they will probably be locked up in the Vatican library and never mentioned again.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Ok, i will write a book and put it in a cave so no one can find it for many many years... I will write about santa claus... And i will hope people will believe my story.

I do believe in Jesus, GOD... but not as they are drawn in the bible... I believe the Bible was edited many many times. And there is a good chance that the just found one is still edited.

So therefore if you dont have the original first book written (and even if you have it can still be lies) then why all the hype about another story book?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Looks like Project Blue Beam is running as scheduled.

First the earthquakes.
Now the "dismissal" of religious texts. (Another example here)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
My question to you believers; What if they reveal that Jesus was simply Jesus and not the son of God? What if they reveal something like he wasn't resurrected? Would that change your views on your faith or just the dogma of the faith you guys/gals have? Personally as someone with mixed religious/spiritual beliefs, if this were so I would have my views on Christ and his existence vindicated as i think he was just a person but not a supernatural being as the early Church painted him as.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by RenegadeScholar
reply to post by tarifa37

Anyone want to speculate as to what the texts may reveal?

Fingers crossed.

Volume one: 101 things to do with a dead camel.
Volume two: Kosher cookbook for all occasions
Volume three:Jerusalem nights.
Volume four: Sodom by night.
Volume five: Guide to the worlds best holy sights.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
They could... they might......

That is what you 'want' to happen, but it won't appease you I'm afraid.

Watch and see.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
uh, my ass this guy has had them in his family 100 years. they know exactly where they were found in jordan, and how, and some thugs in the israeli government are paying him off to pretend he's always had them so they can hand pick and funnel all information that comes out of these to make israel look good.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Found four more photos here:

Could this be the biggest find since the Dead Sea Scrolls? Seventy metal books found in cave in Jordan could change our view of Biblical history
www.dailymail.co.uk...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/39659ceb316f.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/70368d81c564.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8d49706c7465.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9907024b16e0.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 3/30/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I don't understand how any finding can change our understanding of how Jesus died and the formation of Christianity? If the books confirm the gospel record then that's fine, if they don't then they don't. We have a perfect understanding of what happened and how Jesus died and how he formed the Christian congregation in the written word of truth, the four gospel accounts. They are faithful and true. And we know perfectly well what happened. Some people may wish to ignore what those truthful observers and eye-witness testimonies of that time stated, some may try to claim that the gospels are forgeries, there will always be skeptics and unbelievers, and outright opposers of God and his word, and slanderers and critics who will do anything to invent stories to detract from the truth. But none of them will be able to resist the words of God. They are all true and will all come true, every last one of them:

(Matthew 5:18) ...for truly I say to YOU that sooner would heaven and earth pass away than for one smallest letter or one particle of a letter to pass away from the Law by any means and not all things take place.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join