It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jordan battles to regain 'priceless' 2000 year old Lead Books More important than dead sea scroll

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Just watched a news item on this story on BBC News 24 . The expert was saying that theses books which do seem to be genuine could be the most important archaeological find of all time. They are 70 lead bound lead leafed books many still sealed. The information inside these books could be religiously "Game Changing" Tests are needed to validate their authenticity. They are thought to be 2000 years old and from the time around the crucifixion of Christ. You don't need me to tell you how important this find could end up being. www.bbc.co.uk...

They could be the earliest Christian writing in existence, surviving almost 2,000 years in a Jordanian cave. They could, just possibly, change our understanding of how Jesus was crucified and resurrected, and how Christianity was born.

A group of 70 or so "books", each with between five and 15 lead leaves bound by lead rings, was apparently discovered in a remote arid valley in northern Jordan somewhere between 2005 and 2007.

A flash flood had exposed two niches inside the cave, one of them marked with a menorah or candlestick, the ancient Jewish religious symbol.

A Jordanian Bedouin opened these plugs, and what he found inside might constitute extremely rare relics of early Christianity.

That is certainly the view of the Jordanian government, which claims they were smuggled into Israel by another Bedouin.
Continue reading the main story
“Start Quote

As soon as I saw that, I was dumbstruck”

End Quote Philip Davies Sheffield University

The Israeli Bedouin who currently holds the books has denied smuggling them out of Jordan, and claims they have been in his family for 100 years.

Jordan says it will "exert all efforts at every level" to get the relics repatriated.

Mr Elkington says the relics feature signs that early Christians would have interpreted as indicating Jesus, shown side-by-side with others they would have regarded as representing the presence of God.

"It's talking about the coming of the messiah," he says.

"In the upper square [of one of the book covers] we have the seven-branch menorah, which Jews were utterly forbidden to represent because it resided in the holiest place in the Temple in the presence of God.

"So we have the coming of the messiah to approach the holy of holies, in other words to get legitimacy from God."

edit on 29-3-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Let's hope this sheds a little more light into the truth. I do wonder why it has taken them so long to bring this to light perhaps it is another hoax, just have to wait and see if the MSM will even pick it up.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Let's hope this sheds a little more light into the truth. I do wonder why it has taken them so long to bring this to light perhaps it is another hoax, just have to wait and see if the MSM will even pick it up.

sry,double post
edit on 29-3-2011 by rogerramjett because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Very nice find. Am interested in hearing more. Would like to see the results of an official analysis of the authenticity.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
If true the Israeli authorities need to inspect them first to see if they are genuine. If they are they never need to go back to Jordan because they need to have a home in the holiest place on earth, Jerusalem. I'm sure both sides could agree on that because Jordan has a somewhat control to east Jerusalem.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

I think the most important thing for now is to prove they are real and if they are decipher all the code and text as soon as possible and publish it for the whole world to see.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Anyone want to speculate as to what the texts may reveal?

Fingers crossed.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by RenegadeScholar
reply to post by tarifa37

Anyone want to speculate as to what the texts may reveal?

Fingers crossed.

For me just the confirmation that Jesus really existed any thing else would be a bonus.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
Just watched a news item on this story on BBC News 24 . The expert was saying that theses books which do seem to be genuine could be the most important archaeological find of all time. They are 70 lead bound lead leafed books many still sealed. The information inside these books could be religiously "Game Changing" Tests are needed to validate their authenticity. They are thought to be 2000 years old and from the time around the crucifixion of Christ. You don't need me to tell you how important this find could end up being. www.bbc.co.uk...

They could be the earliest Christian writing in existence, surviving almost 2,000 years in a Jordanian cave. They could, just possibly, change our understanding of how Jesus was crucified and resurrected, and how Christianity was born.

A group of 70 or so "books", each with between five and 15 lead leaves bound by lead rings, was apparently discovered in a remote arid valley in northern Jordan somewhere between 2005 and 2007.

A flash flood had exposed two niches inside the cave, one of them marked with a menorah or candlestick, the ancient Jewish religious symbol.

A Jordanian Bedouin opened these plugs, and what he found inside might constitute extremely rare relics of early Christianity.

That is certainly the view of the Jordanian government, which claims they were smuggled into Israel by another Bedouin.
Continue reading the main story
“Start Quote

As soon as I saw that, I was dumbstruck”

End Quote Philip Davies Sheffield University

The Israeli Bedouin who currently holds the books has denied smuggling them out of Jordan, and claims they have been in his family for 100 years.

Jordan says it will "exert all efforts at every level" to get the relics repatriated.

Mr Elkington says the relics feature signs that early Christians would have interpreted as indicating Jesus, shown side-by-side with others they would have regarded as representing the presence of God.

"It's talking about the coming of the messiah," he says.

"In the upper square [of one of the book covers] we have the seven-branch menorah, which Jews were utterly forbidden to represent because it resided in the holiest place in the Temple in the presence of God.

"So we have the coming of the messiah to approach the holy of holies, in other words to get legitimacy from God."

Already posted about this pal

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Helgas2011

It's on another board I read it was ok to have two posts on the same topic in different boards.

On topic. How long before we get a real translation?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Just about anything would be better for christians than the dead sea scrolls. Remember that the dead sea scrolls were from the same time and area of christ but never mention christ.
Lets just see if any of these writtings actually mention christ.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkk

Dont let them fall into the popes hands, if they are real

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
So the Jew is a total liar saying his family has had them over 100 years?

Where is the proof of this?

Why doesn't anyone care that the information was stolen and is now in control of Jews.

Does it persecute them for the murder of Christ even more than the bible?

Or other horrors?

If not, why steal it and lie about it?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerramjett

If it is real though, I wonder if this information will be released. Suppression of anything that goes against the "norm" seems to be the norm...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerramjett

Ummm...what exactly would you consider the BBC? Alternative?
Maybe to some...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
With much certainty, if these are in fact 2000 years old ( I pray that they are) they will also compliment and witness to the scrolls we have found that are from right around 70 A.D. also. It will show the saviors name to not be a "JeSUS" but rather the name written will be YHW and His Father as YHWH. Not one single scroll or document from the period earlier than 1500 A.D. state our Saviors Name as JeSUS or IeSUS aka Son of Zeus!
The first 4 editions of The King James Bible (1611-1627) carried the Catholic Vulgate’s "invention" of “Iesus” (“son of Sus”) and this has been FALSELY thrust upon Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormans, Catholics, Christians, Baptists, etc etc etc etc etc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The letter "J" was not invented until about 500 years ago. SEE WEBSTERS DICTIONARY!

Zeus worship having infiltrated Christianity by way of the Corporate Church of the time declared His name as IeSUS and then later as JeSUS.

The meaning of IeSUS is "Son of Zeus" originally. Evidence that SUS was utilized by many pagans was King HerodeSUS which has been translated in recent centuries as King Herod who as many know decapitated YaHuWchanon the Immerser who also in recent centuries thanks to the Corp. Churches re-named him John the Baptist or Baptizer.

If these docs are accurate I believe they will have YHW or WHY if written from right to left which was the way of the AbraYAn scribe. BTW, they were not refered to as Hebrews.... this is a modern word just like Jews were not Jews then but called Pharasees and Yehudi.

Similar is the insistance of all the churches of today refering to the Father as JeHOVAH or originally by the church before the letter J was in common useage IeHOVAH. Hovah in strongs concordance 1943 is MISCHIEF AND RUIN in its definition. This is what one might believe our Father to be when reading the changed and perverted scriptures of the 66 Books (bibles) of today yet however in the scrolls we have from 70 A.D. they show that all the instances where "innocent" people were killed and destroyed by our Father are completely false and Satanically added by the Scribes who our Savior had condemend. Satan means Destroyer. Our Father is a fair, loving and compassionate Father and he is not a Destroyer of the Word Abiding Loving People who have humility and faith running through their veins. Yet He is a Father exacting exclusive devotion and will not tolerate man's Prideful ways. He will not tolerate Shatan's Prideful ways and in fact ALL truth will come to light very very soon I pray!

Let us all hope for much more to come with regards to these particular scrolls.

P.S. "a name does not matter" so you might say! Well remember what the Word says in the 10 Commandments, "Do not treat My Name (YHWH) YAHUWAH Almighty Loving YA of All Creation as unimportant for I cannot hold him sinless who treats My Name as unimportant, for it is The First Gate of Salvation."

I don't know about you, but I want to go through the correct "Gate" when I realize how important His Name is in this Eternal Covenant Commandment.

edit on 3/29/2011 by YAHUWAH SAVES because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

Dear closet racist,

The "jews" did not say they had it, a bedouin said it was in his family. Please read the article more clearly before ranting.
edit on 29-3-2011 by itsatrap because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

Jerusalem is no longer Holy. My body is the temple. Your body is the temple. Where we stand is holier than Jerusalem.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Praise Jesus!!! I'm glad to hear they found this stuff, and i hope some translations will come out soon.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
No telling how much evidence is being hidden, destroyed or missing. Jordan would bury it forever or destroy it I'm afraid. The Saudi's won't even allow any Archeologists to work they are so fearful they might uncover something that contradicts premises of the Islamic Faith. Their hatred of all other Religions pretty much guarantees that lot's of priceless stuff has likely been hidden or destroyed. It has been their proven nature to destroy anything to do with other Faiths.

No telling what actually exists or did exist before they started their purge. I'm sure much has been lost forever in the attempt to hide true history. I'm not surprised at all Jordan wants it. Lead melts really easy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join