It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marines on the ground in Libya ( active now )

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Marines true heros? Ummm do you know who we have as marines? I was gonna go in and try out for the navy seals. Wanted to do some good, and yes there are alot of others like me that joined to get some adventure and do some real good, but I realized that's not the way for me. Holding a gun and shooting whatever someone else tells me to is not a good idea. Do you know any marines? Most of em join cuz it's fun (or they think it will be) or they have nothing else to do with their life. Not to bash our marines, I wish them safety but to idolize them for false reasons I will not do.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
you didnt believe our government n this action did you all????? baby killers is all a soldier is-read you bibles--all murders and will pay.
What we normal people should do is get rid of any soldier and their families--war would stop tomarrow if we did-
live by the sword-die by the sword--

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
We are all here to exchange ideas and try to find some truths in the over abundance of hidden information in our society. I have my own opinions about Libya. I think this post in interesting and was wandering, what evidence do we have that there are US boots on the ground? We all know that the US conducts special forces operations in many countries all the time. Do you believe it is our guys that marked targets for the air raids, or do you guys believe the media when they state the people painting targets are the British SAS?

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
The 22d MEU (Marine Expeditionary Unit) is leaving on a normally scheduled departure to replace the 26th MEU, which happens to on station off the coast of Libya right now. There is nothing unusual about that. What constitutes a MEU? Usually a battalion sized force of infantry, a battalion sized force of air power, a battalion sized force of equipments, and all support personnel. All in all about 4,400 Marines. Marines are always training for deployment. So hearing that they have been training for specific missions is a little misleading. The 22d MEU stood up in February and followed the normal routine of training for different missions that they may encounter during a rotation in the Mediterranean. When they have completed this training successfully, they are given the SOC designation (special operations capable). The scope of missions they may encounter while on deployment are usually, but not limited to, peacekeeping operations (flood, earthquake, or famine relief), hostage retrieval, securing an embassy, to an all out and out fight against what the President or Congress deem bad people. There has been no unusual build-up of troops, supplies, or any secret squirrel things going on that I can see other than the usual pre-deployment build-up prior to a MEU leaving garrison. I am in SE North Carolina by the way (close to Camp Lejeune.) So don't everyone get their panties in a wad over what is happening with the Marines. Just see them off and wish them a safe return, as anyone would do if their loved one was possible heading into harm's way.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I just want all my brothers to come home, already too many will never come home....

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
This is from the Marines
www.blackanthem.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
For the record I dont support any troops that are following illegal orders to invade a sovereign country. The troops swore an oath to protect the constitution from ALL enemies foreign and domestic. And last time I checked congress had not authorized this war as required in Article 1 Section 8. So therefore the troops are not doing their jobs by refusing to follow unlawful orders.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
reply to post by phatpackage

The marines are not there for your country, they are there for the globalists, to do the job for the glory of oil.
It pays good too, and it's fun shooting guns for some, it's why they join. Sorry to tell you but it's all for the world corporation, not about your country.

LOL ur awesome.

Anyway, were all pretty certain that well get deployed. All it takes is one Marine or Airman to get killed. And there definitley are Marines on the ground in Libya. There are special forces in Tripoli. This is America and we are at war. They needed us for the prepatory naval bombardment of course theyll need us on the ground too. I just hope it doesnt take too many french deaths before they realize it.

IMO

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by KineticX

the president can deploy marines for 90 days with out congress's approval.
under the war powers act, there is some controversy about if he can send them for longer and does he need their approval.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Here is a thought? Why doesn't the US just train and equip the people in Libya to fight and defend themselves against Gaddafi? American companies could make $$$ by manufacturing the weapons needed and that creates jobs here. Also, i think that if the US is being requested by other countries for help, then they should enter into an agreement with us for HUGELY discounted oil and that would also benefit us. I sometimes wander if people would have a different opinion if Obama was successful in bringing the Libyan oil here and dropping the price down to an extremely affordable price at the pump?

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsawild1
you didnt believe our government n this action did you all????? baby killers is all a soldier is-read you bibles--all murders and will pay.
What we normal people should do is get rid of any soldier and their families--war would stop tomarrow if we did-
live by the sword-die by the sword--

then you would be no better than the ones you complain about.
it's not the troops, it's the people in charge, you know the power hungry civilians.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78

The marines are not there for your country, they are there for the globalists, to do the job for the glory of oil.
It pays good too, and it's fun shooting guns for some, it's why they join. Sorry to tell you but it's all for the world corporation, not about your country.

Unfortunately, this is correct. This is one more conflict we've insinuated ourselves in simultaneously with Iraq and Afghanistan, all orchestrated by the CFR. We're policing the world all in the name of of big money and oil.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
reply to post by KineticX

the president can deploy marines for 90 days with out congress's approval.
under the war powers act, there is some controversy about if he can send them for longer and does he need their approval.

Ummm... doesn't that require a direct threat to the security of the U.S? If so, he needs to be outed immediately and those troops being told to deploy into Libya should refuse and choose to uphold the constitution...then they will be heroes.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
If they are there, this is very likely a violation if the agreement made with the UN Security Council about affecting a no fly zone.

They will also have been deployed without direct authorization of Congress. US boots on the ground would definitely escalate the conflict. However, maybe the rebels have been getting some US military advise / help and this is why they made big gains today?

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if the US military took it upon themselves to go "way further" than the UN mandated allowances in this conflict.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by fatherj

There currently isn't any actual evidence or confirmed sources, just rumors circulating. Obama even asserted yesterday (26.3) that there are no ground troops, and I don't think that he is THAT stupid (to lie about it openly now).

What I think is possible though, is that there is some kind of special ops team there (I have no evidence, but am purely inspired by the Tier 1 concept from Medal of Honor.
).

Apart from this, the question nobody has managed to answer yet is:
Why wasn't Gaddafi bombed to a thousand pieces when he was giving a live speech from the ruins of his command center, about a week ago ??? He was right there in the open, and the no fly zone was in effect (hence the ruined command center) !!

Edit:
A bad joke but I just have to post it:
If Gaddafi's command center is destroyed now, he can't build anymore buildings (maybe he has some war factories left so he can build an MCV.
)
edit on 27-3-2011 by ModerateSkeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

It is also a shame that the jingoists on this site think that anyone who disagrees with illegal wars hates the soldiers. Even more a shame that those jingoists revert to talking about how much money they make and the size of their packages.

If this is true, I hope every Marine makes it home alive. But they should not be in Libya.
edit on 27-3-2011 by InvisibleAlbatross because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

I wish the Marines safety & victory! Anyone who does not wish them well I call you out now cowards!. They are real Heroes! They will do the US and more importantly the allies proud. I know they will! [[[SNIP]]]
edit on 26-3-2011 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Mar 26 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

With no disrespect to you or the "Devil Dogs".

Western troops were NEVER supposed to be there. The rebels SPECIFICALLY only asked for air support. They were worried about the "fence sitters" turning anti rebel and joining kadaffi against the "colonialists".

The other issue I have is why do we have our troops killing "al queda" troops in the 'stans and else where but supporting them in Libya?

Something smells to high heaven and our troops are getting the screwing from it.

Need I also mention that I dont know of hardly any war since ww1 that a 3 front war was smart?

Our troops are being used as tools by the ptb. God bless and keep our troops safe.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

You didn't really think the gov was telling yo the truth, did you?

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Looking over the content of the Web site linked to in the OP seems to indicate that it is heavily pro-Gadhafi, anti-Israel / anti-American. You can determine the operations the 26th MEU are engaged in from their Web site;

26th MEU - marines.mil

Harriers from this unit were part of the air strikes on Libya, so maybe that's what prompted this article in the first place, with it's grossly misleading title "marines on the ground". (the Marines are actually stationed aboard the USS Kearsarge in the Med.)

If you go to the actual original news article that was cited by "uruknet", you'll see no such report of any marines with "boots on the ground" exists.
Camp Lejeune Marines To Libya To Strike At Qadhafi Forces
edit on 27-3-2011 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The article is from a blog, so I'll forgive the lack of journalistic standards (and lack of reading comprehension), that went into the linked article. Here's the rest of the article.

Note that no where in the actual interview does it say marines were on the ground!

Evidently the Marines' efforts are being successful. The commanding officer of the 26th MEU, Col. Mark Desens, says that following a second round of strikes by AV-8B Harrier jets, the Libyan dictator's forces "are now less capable of threatening the town than before."

According to the report, the 2,200 Marines with the 26th MEU are nearing the end of their deployment in the Mediterranean area and are due to be replaced with Marines from the 22nd MEU out of Camp Lejeune. A March 7 notice from the commanding officer of the 22nd MEU says that unit was being deployed to the Mediterranean Sea earlier than previously planned.

The Marine expeditionary unit is staging air attacks offshore, to protect the city, using AV-8B Harrier jump jets.

The Blog took a huge leap to assume that there were deployed marine combat units on the ground.

That's why it's called a blog.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join