It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marines on the ground in Libya ( active now )

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by angus1745

exactly my thoughts i don't especially like obama but he has done what the international community have deemed necessary to stop this Rtard, a human life is worth a million times a muslims life. yes they are one and the same but if muslims are killing muslims and we intervene we are the bad guys ??? i just dont care any more jet them kill each other...... that will be our fault as well.
edit on 26-3-2011 by nonetruegod because: dumbass

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I don't feel the international community had the right to decide that we should be involved. The President is our commander in chief. Not the United Nations. France was all so for this. I think our President should have said after you by all means. Especially considering that these rebels and I also feel the ones that are getting in power in Egypt will be extremist. If I was him... and I'm not I would have let them kill each other. When people fight for 2000 years they don't want peace.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
See the problem is it's Islam Vs the Hebrews. There can be no winner. Unless one of the religions stop having babies. I read the Egyptian Airlines removed Isreal from the map. even though they fly there four times a day. That is a big sign of the coming days ahead.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
there are many places in the world that the killing is much more severe, places that don't have any "oil" or "resources" that the money mongers don't want or care about. you don't see the un, nato, france england,russia china, or the U.S. going in and bombing there. or sending hardly any combat troops that could do any thing other than ride around the country in apc's and watch whats happening.

Moammar Gadhafi' is fighting a group that is supect at best, and they are shooting at him too. the world should sit back and let it play out.

and all the other civil unrest going on in north africa,and the middle east, imo should be considered suspect, for all we know these are tied togather and we might not like the out come. i don't think it is has to do with freedom at all
i wouldn't be surprised if the leaders that take over turn out to be worse than the ones that they have now.

edit on 26-3-2011 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I got out of the military not too long ago, and there is one thing I can say about the Marines. Someone could be having a few off-days, then decide to join the military. They aren't sure which branch, and they visit the Marine recruiter's office. The recruiter will move so fast, getting them to sign things, and getting their SS card, etc, and they will be in the Marines before you know it. I know that it is still their choice whether to signup or not, but these guys push hard, and not everyone is strong enough to resist that kind power, even when they are making a life-altering decision.

Anyway, the point I wanted to make is that very few people who join the military are doing it for their country, or to promote democracy, etc, but for more personal reasons, usually so they can get their schooling paid for, and for money. You should have seen the insane sign-on bonuses the Army was offering when I signed up. I was in the Air Force btw, not the Army, but I checked out all branches.

Once they are in, they are in. If they are told to go anywhere, Libya included, it isn't like they can say no. Some of them tried that when they were going to be sent to Iraq, or after they were sent to Iraq, and it didn't work out too well for them with the legal BS. I know some soldiers went to Canada, but I am not sure if that is still going on, or if the politics are still the same, but then they can never come home without the fear of being apprehended. They are basically fugitives and criminals for refusing to do the dirty work of the President and his lackeys. Some will say, well then they shouldn't have signed up...Like I said above, many of the people who join the military are doing so for personal reasons, and I bet at the back of most of their minds, they aren't expecting to be sent to fight. Even if they are, they are only sworn to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, from all enemies, foreign, and domestic. There is a huge difference between defending our nation, and waging a war for oil, or any other reason that is NOT directly involved with the defense of America.

IMHO, if all of our troops really wanted to defend the country, and uphold the oaths they made to their country, then they should invade Washington.

The only point I wished to make with this post is that no one should ever get mad at the soldiers themselves, unless of course they do something horrible, and even then it is okay as long as they were "ordered" to do it. Well, as long as it was a lawful order...But soldiers are definitely NOT lawyers, and the whole point of the chain of command is for the higher ups to know more than the lower ranks, therefore most soldiers, Marines, etc, will obey just about any order they are given. That's how the military works...Well, it also works on fear, intimidation, etc, but you get my point.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I think this so called "news story" is complete BS. There is absolutely nothing about this on either CNN.com or Drudgereport.com. I'm pretty sure this would be big news if it was actually true. I'm a little suspicious of the credibility of the site the OP linked to.

Besides, use of ground forces is specifically forbidden by the UN resolution.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac
March 24, 2011

WCTI-TV in New Bern reports those Marines, assigned to the 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU) at Camp Lejuene, are "preserving the sanctity of the city [of Ajdubiyah] and the safety of the civilians within it."

Capt. Timothy Patrick with the 26th MEU told the station: "In Libya right now they are doing exactly what we need them to do. They are doing what they are told, and right now that's protecting Libyan people against Qadhafi forces."

Link to source uruknet.info...

There was a report in a thread on ATS yesterday that this unit was soon to be deployed in the Mediteranean and stationed off the coast .Well it appears that they have been active on the ground for some time already .
Ah OK just researched further it was the 22ND MEU that was due for deployment .The 26th is already there and opperating on the ground .So the question is how long is this been going on for ???
Yes I know they must have some coverts on the ground for target tagging , but a unit of 2,200 ? This is news to me .Anyone familiar with the source ?

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.
edit on 26/3/2011 by Sauron because: inclued external quote tags

Would you please point out to us where in the article it says boots are on the ground, I must have missed it.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
And last but not least, the perfect way to deal with people who are in favour of military imperialism is simple: Let's hope that one day, foreign soldiers don't kick in his door and shoot up his three children in front of him, after raping his children and wife for him to see of course...because that is and has been the reality for a lot of people who are suffering under this seemingly crusade that is going on.

Am I to understand this is what you think US Marines do?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Mr Lizard: Screw the marines. I wouldn't pee on them if they were on fire.
Soulless robots.

Sir, I invite you to find a Marine and tell them that to there face, lol I have two nephews in the Marines and so far they have been trained to be more than ether of them ever dreamed they could be, Semper Fidelis my friend. GOD BLESS The U.S. Marine Corps!
edit on 26-3-2011 by FarBeyondDriven69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by topdog30

The MEU has been instructed to deploy to relieve the 26th MEU and maintain an uninterrupted regional presence to provide the President flexibility on a full range of options. There is no speculation about possible missions nor can we provide more detail about movement of forces in the region.

heres the link to full article www.wcti12.com/news/27310482/detail.html

apprently they have been doing extra training.

Over the last several months, the Marines and Sailors of the MEU conducted training across the U.S., not only in Camp Lejeune, but in Florida, Virginia, West Virginia, Tennessee and California. Realistic exercises and countless hours of individual unit training were conducted during the MEU's pre-deployment training in order to ready the Marines and sailors for deployment.

looks like this has been planed awhile

update from www.wcti12.com...

UPDATE: To date, the 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit has conducted numerous successful airstrikes against Muammar al-Qadhafi regime forces as part of Joint Task Force Odyssey Dawn supporting the international response to protect civilians in Libya under threat of attack by Qadhafi military forces. The 26th MEU has also conducted a successful Tactical Recovery of Aircraft and Personnel mission in support of two U.S. Air Force F-15 pilots after their airplane crashed east of Benghazi, Libya, Mar. 21. All of these missions were launched from the USS Kearsarge more than 100 nautical miles from the coast. Other than the small TRAP force sent to locate the Air Force pilots, no U.S. Marines from the 26th MEU have landed ashore. "The ability to launch these and other missions directly from naval vessels illustrates the unique and valuable capacity of the Navy/Marine Corps team called 'sea-basing'", said Captain Timothy Patrick, spokesman for II Marine Expeditionary Force. "Having these forces embarked aboard amphibious ships means that at any time we can execute a variety of tactical missions with little or no footprint on foreign territory."

edit on 26-3-2011 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

Originally posted by Zamini
And last but not least, the perfect way to deal with people who are in favour of military imperialism is simple: Let's hope that one day, foreign soldiers don't kick in his door and shoot up his three children in front of him, after raping his children and wife for him to see of course...because that is and has been the reality for a lot of people who are suffering under this seemingly crusade that is going on.

Originally posted by FarBeyondDriven69
reply to post by mr-lizard

Mr Lizard: Screw the marines. I wouldn't pee on them if they were on fire.
Soulless robots.

Sir, I invite you to find a Marine and tell them that to there face, lol I have two nephews in the Marines and so far they have been trained to be more than ether of them ever dreamed they could be, Semper Fidelis my friend. GOD BLESS The U.S. Marine Corps!
edit on 26-3-2011 by FarBeyondDriven69 because: (no reason given)

US Army ‘kill team’ in Afghanistan posed for photos of murdered civilians

Jon Boone
London Guardian
March 21, 2011

Commanders in Afghanistan are bracing themselves for possible riots and public fury triggered by the publication of “trophy” photographs of US soldiers posing with the dead bodies of defenceless Afghan civilians they killed.

Senior officials at Nato’s International Security Assistance Force in Kabul have compared the pictures published by the German news weekly Der Spiegel to the images of US soldiers abusing prisoners in Abu Ghraib in Iraq which sparked waves of anti-US protests around the world.

www.prisonplanet.com...

US Army Apologizes for Horrific Photos From Afghanistan

by Matthias Gebauer and Hasnain Kazim
Spiegel Online

The United States and NATO are concerned that reactions could be intense to the publication of images documenting killings committed by US soldiers in Afghanistan. The images appeared in the most recent edition of SPIEGEL, which hit the newsstands on Monday.

US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has already telephoned with her Afghan counterpart to discuss the situation. National Security Advisor Tom Donilon has likewise made contact with officials in Kabul. The case threatens to strain already fragile US-Afghan relations at a time when the two countries are negotiating over the establishment of permanent US military bases in Afghanistan.

In a statement released by Colonel Thomas Collins, the US Army, which is currently preparing a court martial to try a total of 12 suspects in connection with the killings, apologized for the suffering the photos have caused. The actions depicted in the photos, the statement read, are "repugnant to us as human beings and contrary to the standards and values of the United States."

www.lewrockwell.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Obama rules out 'land invasion' in Libya

videos.nymag.com...;TV-Clips

www.realclearpolitics.com...

news.yahoo.com...

www.thedailybeast.com...#

So he has gone with his word. This action will not be without a reaction from China and Russia. China and Russia has already called for a cease fire vs the US and the UK nations, after the cease fire on Libya from the UN and NATO.
Now here we are invading by foot.
:

Why won't anyone just say that war is needed? It's not just Human nature, it's also Mother Earth. Tell me of one species on earth that doesn't involve violence. I think every element we know is connected to violence. Got atoms smashing into each other. The sun spitting on us. Sperm whales that fight giant squids. Get my drift? Those who weld the tools to create destruction will.
edit on 26-3-2011 by ResearchMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1
this is what countries like iran and others are doing to western countries...

Former CIA agent tells: How US infiltrates "civil society" to overthrow governments
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

They are winning, every day i see people on here saying how bad the US government are, how evil the western world countries are.... and this is from people who are from these countries!!!! turning against their own people and country, its quite scary to think people are turning against their own people but just shows how much power other countries can have, so much propaganda to make you all believe what the US is doing is wrong, the whole oil conspiracy is so wide spread now almost everyone blieves it, and it will only get worse and eventually civil war in places like the US and UK.

[color=#FF0000]I am not turning against my country. I am turning against the traitors who care more about money and power than they do about AMERICA. The same traitors who have already made HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS OF DOLLARS on the deaths of America's patriotic children and innocent civilians in foreign lands.
[color=#FFFFFF] I am turning against the Congressmen and Senators who willingly take gifts and favors from lobbyists, turning their backs on the Constituency who elected them. I am turning against the traitors who have stolen my country away from itS rightful owners and given it to greedy ******** who can never have enough blood money to satisfy themselves. [color=#3333FF]THE TRUE PATRIOT IS NOT THE MAN WHO BLINDLY DEFENDS AN UNJUST GOVERNMENT. THE TRUE PATRIOT IS THE MAN WHO DEFENDS THE CONSTITUTION FROM THAT GOVERNMENT.
edit on 3-26-2011 by groingrinder because: EDITED BECAUSE OF THE BUG IN THE BB CODE CAUSED BY APOSTROPHES

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

I wish the Marines safety & victory! Anyone who does not wish them well I call you out now cowards!. They are real Heroes! They will do the US and more importantly the allies proud. I know they will! [[[SNIP]]]
edit on 26-3-2011 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Mar 26 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

You do realize they are risking their necks for European Imperial interest's? The USA would be better off if we cut all military, financial and diplomatic ties with Europe. Consorting with those "people" has brought nothing but misery, pain and ruin to America.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
This seems to be just part of the Opocolypto..
But hey,. what the hell,. It is not like anyone is gonna do anything to stop it.
May as well kick up the pop corn machine pour on the mello over the rocks
and watch the show..

BIG OIL

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

absolutely, this is why i would never want to join the military. I would die to defend my country, our land and our people. but i would never waste my life on libyians , or the people of Iraq or Afganistan...or for any IDEA or whatnot. America is for Americans; and Americans should fight only for Americans......Government is full of waste, and i would never let them waste my life.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacebot
US Army ‘kill team’ in Afghanistan posed for photos of murdered civilians

Jon Boone
London Guardian
March 21, 2011

Commanders in Afghanistan are bracing themselves for possible riots and public fury triggered by the publication of “trophy” photographs of US soldiers posing with the dead bodies of defenceless Afghan civilians they killed.

Senior officials at Nato’s International Security Assistance Force in Kabul have compared the pictures published by the German news weekly Der Spiegel to the images of US soldiers abusing prisoners in Abu Ghraib in Iraq which sparked waves of anti-US protests around the world.

www.prisonplanet.com...

US Army Apologizes for Horrific Photos From Afghanistan

by Matthias Gebauer and Hasnain Kazim
Spiegel Online

The United States and NATO are concerned that reactions could be intense to the publication of images documenting killings committed by US soldiers in Afghanistan. The images appeared in the most recent edition of SPIEGEL, which hit the newsstands on Monday.

US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has already telephoned with her Afghan counterpart to discuss the situation. National Security Advisor Tom Donilon has likewise made contact with officials in Kabul. The case threatens to strain already fragile US-Afghan relations at a time when the two countries are negotiating over the establishment of permanent US military bases in Afghanistan.

In a statement released by Colonel Thomas Collins, the US Army, which is currently preparing a court martial to try a total of 12 suspects in connection with the killings, apologized for the suffering the photos have caused. The actions depicted in the photos, the statement read, are "repugnant to us as human beings and contrary to the standards and values of the United States."

www.lewrockwell.com...

Key points:

1. They weren't Marines.
2. They've been arrested and will probably spend the rest of their lives in prison.

Every now and then during war time an unstable individual(s) will snap and lose his sense of honor committing horrible acts; but for you, or anyone else, to insinuate that this is standard operating procedure for the US military is a vile LIE, and I would be more than happy to invite that individual to discuss it over tea.

edit on 3/26/2011 by OldCorp because: Spellin an punkshoeation

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Thanks for posting that

Let me quote part of it again for those who may have missed...

"...Other than the small TRAP force sent to locate the Air Force pilots, no U.S. Marines from the 26th MEU have landed ashore."

However, I would also probably add the word "yet" to the end of the above sentence

edit on 26-3-2011 by Curio because: added quote tags

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

MILITARY IMPERIALISM. Read what is written, not what you want to read. And yes, it was supposed to be a shocking read because most folk in support of this imperialism haven't the slightest clue about what the hell is really going on. Like most people on this planet, they pretend to know - and in doing so, screw over so many of the future generation - who will blindly follow the fairytales of fabricated glory and mercenary honor, enabling more and more wars, displacing more and more people...fueling hatred in places they'd never even heard of! And so the cycle continues...unless the majority of folks out there snap out of their continuous state of cognitive dissonance - yes, a child dying of hunger half a globe away is more important than a football game...more important than tv or carbonated beverages, or voting blue or red...choosing decaf or regular...guns or no guns...this brand of gun or that brand of gun...and the child's skin colour doesn't make that any different(it's so sad to have to type this in "2011"). - UNTIL that moment happens, I'll keep stating the situation until people (like you perhaps) snap out of it.

You could of course turn this into another 6 page discussion of how much honor and courage marines have and bla bla bla bla, bla bla, bla bla bla bla....just like the derailer of the thread. And yes, stuff like that happens with military imperialism.

And second, where is the proof that ground troops, whatever kind, have been deployed in Libya?

edit1

Every now and then during war time an unstable individual(s) will snap and lose his sense of honor committing horrible acts; but for you, or anyone else, to insinuate that this is standard operating procedure for the US military is a vile LIE, and I would be more than happy to invite that individual to discuss it over tea.

Here's a question for you: What IS the standard operating procedure? If they have any for that matter. Because between me and you...I don't think they have one.

Truth of the matter is, you cannot keep pushing the blame on individuals and keep praising the system. Sooner or later reality will catch up to you...and for that moment I hope you have not vested too much, whether belief or time, in the military industrial complex. These things happen and they happen at the hands of the US army, and for you to claim any different is a VILE LIE. And one lie that has been uncovered many, many, many, many times before.

edit on 26-3-2011 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-3-2011 by Zamini because: edit2 spelling

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ResearchMan

Obama rules out 'land invasion' in Libya

videos.nymag.com...;TV-Clips

www.realclearpolitics.com...

news.yahoo.com...

www.thedailybeast.com...#

So he has gone with his word. This action will not be without a reaction from China and Russia. China and Russia has already called for a cease fire vs the US and the UK nations, after the cease fire on Libya from the UN and NATO. Now here we are invading by foot.:

Why won't anyone just say that war is needed? It's not just Human nature, it's also Mother Earth. Tell me of one species on earth that doesn't involve violence. I think every element we know is connected to violence. Got atoms smashing into each other. The sun spitting on us. Sperm whales that fight giant squids. Get my drift? Those who weld the tools to create destruction will.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join