It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marines on the ground in Libya ( active now )

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Were trained to kill? Were trained to follow orders? Correct. How can we be a hero when we follow orders? Because unlike you my dear friend, we spend countless hours away from our families in the middle of nowhere wondering if today is the day I never get to see my father again, fighting for what I MYSELF, ME, believes in. To clear a few things up. You have no clue what I fight for as you have no clue why most of us fight. We don't fight for the goverment, any marine will tell you they are a joke. We fight for our own personal reasons, each and every one of us. Do I agree with fighting on foreign soil? Sometimes, but not in this case. I joined Iraq to put Saddam out of power, that was my reason. I went back for a second tour to help train the police, as well as keeping the major cities from turmoil. As a result I lost a best friend and a cousin. I had to tell my Aunt how he died, how none of us saw the sniper, how I as a sniper, did not see him. Many of us come back better people, more mature, seeking better things. I will tell you first hand many come back a train wreck like myself, on multiple medications, an alcoholic, can't keep a relationship, can't sleep, holding your own gun to your head. When you weigh your pros and cons, which you rather have? I for one would love to have a decent life, and let these 3rd world countries fight for themselves. Instead of insulting people who would die for any of you at the drop of a dime, embrace them and help them get their life back, and even better, help them educate others who sit blind, with their family, telling others what we do, and how we feel.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by LoverBoy

Esprit de Corps.. That is what it is all about.. Much like legionnaires that are only loyal to their military unit is the Marine Corps loyalty to one another that is the reason they fight with the intensity they do.... If they weren't brainwashed to the max and mentally harassed from the time they are being placed on the bus to the Recruit Training Depot until they are sent to train for the military occupation specialty they have been assigned to.. I forgot to mention the brutal physical training that ruins the knees and backs of the majority of the Marines I know... I can't think of a better branch of our military in regard to professionalism and discipline.... I don't like the idea of U.S. troops being sent into dangerous situations for the benefit of international banking and corporate profit... I feel sure that there have been Recon Marines on the ground in Libya for quite some time since I happen to know one of them that had been in many countries in the late 90s working undercover... I have personally been in a country that we were not at war with and actually submitted grid coordinates for a B52 bombing mission that was run the following day when i was an eighteen year old Marine.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Thank you for your services gentlemen. And God bless. The people that don't support our troops are the same people that would cry and scream and then welcome in open arms the soldiers when they are rescued by them. If there was a natural disaster in this country or we were invaded. They would be the beggars that would never be able to ensure their own survival. They all live in their little bubbles and don't have ANY Idea what the real world is like. Year and life times of protection and freedoms have made most Americans weak and oblivious. These Islamic extreamist want to kill you all and your children because you don't believe what they believe. Our government has decided to fight them in their towns instead of ours. It's really that simply. Would you rather our military fight them here? Have you ever been in a grocery store and worried a suicide bomber might while you and your family are in there come and blow himself up and the store? You hate the people that protect you from having to deal with that reality. That is utterly pathetic. No need to point fingers you all know who you are.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JerryB08

Are you really that brainwashed or just that naive? There's absolutely nothing wrong with supporting the INDIVIDUALS of our armed forces and wishing them safety. But you really think we're occupying these countries over 'freedom' and protection from Islamic extremists? Give me a break, you owe it to yourself to be more intelligent than that.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mikeyy
It's well known fact that Obama can pretty much lie about anything and come out unscathed in public opinion. Unfortunatly I think people will vote this puppet back into office.

Im still waiting on that birth certificate... I don't see what the problem is, he needs to hand it over.

You cannot get his position with false documents. They are investigated and approved for running for the presidency. The birth certificate wouldn't be needed anymore, its too late. Might as well put that behind you because its going no where.

Besides that the troops are going to be deployed, things we continue to develop unless serious changes in the world take place.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Uruknet isn't an objective news organization, it is primarily described as a blog about the occupation of Iraq that is ran in Milan, Italy.

In other words: take it with a grain of salt as exaggeration abounds.

Another important thing is that Al-Jazeera hasn't picked up this story. One of the largest media networks in the Middle East got scooped on a story about Marines deployed in Libya? Yeah right.

Update: 26th Marines are based on the Kearsage as part of personnel and aircraft recovery (picking up two F-15 pilots couple months back), and conducting airstrikes against Gaddafi's forces. Here's the original article by WCTI 21 (ABC affiliate) Camp Lejeune Marines To Libya To Strike At Qadhafi Forces

The 22nd MEU is being sent to Libya to replace the 26th MEU aboard the Kearsage.

Other than the small TRAP force sent to locate the Air Force pilots, no U.S. Marines from the 26th MEU have landed ashore.

Clearly Uruknet is so professional and well connected that they can derive a full ground invasion and occupation by the Marines from an article that says the opposite.

edit on 20-7-2011 by Dnevnoi because: Found more info

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join