It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Elenin Does NOT EXISTS!! Instead - Brown Dwarf: NIBIRU!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekeye2

Your arguments are very convincing - I also doubt just how much these scientists actually really know - they are believed far too readily - Space is still a very much - Unknown. The fact that certain members are so very eager to get this topic permanently dumped (if they are so sick of it and believe firmly in their own theories why do they keep on coming back for more) makes me very suspicious of them,

There is nothing convincing in that post. The post is a statement of ignorance of the facts.

1. There is obvious ignorance of the difference between reflected and emitted energy
2. There is obvious ignorance of precision with which measurements can be taken
3. There is ignorance that brown dwarfs have been photographed in optical wavelength many light years away
4. There is ignorance of the meaning of whole sky surveys
5. There is ignorance of what a perturbation is

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Lastone

The search for a planet X was based on the fact that the predicted positions for Uranus and Neptune did not match the actual paths of these planets. That issue was resolved in 1989 when it was determined that Neptune's mass was 0.5% larger than thought. The correction was made in 1989 because of data collected when Voyager II flew by Neptune. Once the mass of Neptune was corrected the predicted positions matched the observed.

Here you show that comet Elenin has a predicted position of 310AU in 1600. That is rather meaningless in light of the fact that the telescope was not invented till 10 years later. In 1930 you have Elenin out over 100AU. I'm not sure what is of interest here. Pluto is quite small, much smaller than our Moon. Elenin is weenie compared to the Pluto.

I did not bother to watch the video. If there is anything in the video of interest please point out which part would be of interest to the discussion and why.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by RadicalRebel

You bring up some interesting issues.

1. Earthquakes and other celestial bodies
The only object that seems to affect quake sis the Moon and the Moon's influence is small. Although the Moon can cause tides it seems to be related only to some smaller quakes and not many of those. The Sun does not seem to have an effect on quakes. Neither affects volcanoes. When someone attempts to connect some quakes with an alignment it is baloney. The alignments given are really lousy. They are not straight lines as you might suppose. You can determine this yourself by turning the 3d view.

2. Brown dwarfs have been located out a long way from our solar system. At least one was photographed in the optical part of the spectrum because brown dwarfs are reflective. This is why you can see your own hands because they reflect light even though they also give off infrared. You don't need an IR camera to see your hands.

3. Sedna was found in the Kuiper belt by Mark Brown.

4. The possible companion you mention is hypothetical. It was called Nemesis. It is no longer believed to exist. The pattern of mass extinctions was not periodic and the proposed orbit of Nemesis was shown to be unstable.

5. IRAS never discovered a new large object in the solar system. The article you linked to is a blatant lie. The unknown object was described as anything from a distant galaxy to a possible new solar system object. In a short period of time it was determined that these objects were all distant with all but one being a distant new type of galaxy.

6. Tyche was the follow up prediction to the Nemesis prediction.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Lastone

Your perfect alignment does nothing but show that any 3 points in space can be made to appear to be in perfect alignment if the point of view can be arbitrarily chosen.

In layman's terms imagine 3 points defining a triangle. Now rotate the triangle until is appears to be a line. Now the triangle looks like a line even though we know that the 3 points are not aligned it is possible to pick a point of view that gives the false impression that the points are aligned.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

I have to think that this new "Tyche" hypothesis has to be the reason for the uptick in Niburu threads. Even if the Tyche did exist; the distance it is from Earth and the orbit it would have to maintain would eliminate Earth ever actually interacting whatsoever with "Tyche".

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
double trouble
edit on 3/25/11 by zcflint05 because: double post

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by zcflint05

The article which proposes Tyche actually states that. Search for Nemesis and you should find the commentary. It is right at the start of the article as I recall.

Persistent Evidence of a Jovian Mass Solar Companion in the Oort Cloud

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by HenryPatrick

Originally posted by randyvs

Does anyone else think OP, should get rid of that nasty azz avatar?

thats a negative, i kind of like it...

Way to go my friend!!!!

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by nedined

Since your not even literate enough to know how to spell "read" I'll think I'll stick with my fellow scientist and intelligentsia about a subject such as what planets exist, and which don't.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXGuy

I like your explanation and totally agree with. To tell you the truth I 'm so disappointed of governments, religions, media, NASA, etc. that I do not believe in any of these any more. I just do not rely on them for anything anymore. I feel entrapped and enslaved... anyway, I believe in ancient knowing that has not been twisted, altered and manipulated. If ancient Sumerians say there is planet Nibiru, I believe them; I do not believe NASA saying there is not! I'm sick and tired of the way government lies and manipulates us. Sick and tired of the way media brain washes our minds! So, what do I do? I started looking into ancient knowledge and started to find amazing things that these liars would never tell us. I started to connect the dots and now I have the whole picture! Anyway... Another thing I think I got an answer to is the question why the Catholics are worshiping the fish? (Anyone with little deeper knowledge off the religions would know this) I think is because the fish would give them the sign of the end! I believe early Christians new that when they see the fish starting to die, like it is now, that that would be the sign the end is near. They probably started to worship the fish to beg it to have merci on them thinking this is how they will get away with it. I think they were not enough intelligent to realize that this is unavoidable. I think all this fish and other animals death is entirely related with the approaching Nibiru. I think the animals have some kind of inelegance, or knowledge that this is it, the end is coming and that they just commit a suicide. It is like some kind of code in their DNAs that makes them know what to do! Many ancient civilizations have been worshiping different animal relaying on them to gather some kind of knowledge that we, humans do not have. Indians still worship caws for example...
Another thing that I've been thinking of is why the space shuttles missions have come to an end????

Well, I believe that the ISS is not a laboratory but a safe haven! Now that the end is coming they will just start to prepare the shuttles to carry the “chosen ones” to the ISS just on time for them to “survive” the coming cataclysms on Earth. This is the best explanation for me. And I bet I'm right! I think that just before things start to happen on Earth, without any announcement to the public, the shuttles will start working again overtime and will "save" these that have been hiding the truth from us. Another words... Noah arks....
…History is repeating itself!!!

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Liberterius
reply to post by nedined

Since your not even literate enough to know how to spell "read" I'll think I'll stick with my fellow scientist and intelligentsia about a subject such as what planets exist, and which don't.

No problem man! English is my 7th language, so I may make some mistakes I guess, sorry. You stick with whatever is convenient for you. To me this is sticking your head in the sand, but if this is Ok with you, just keep doing it!!!! This is actually what the government wants you to do! You are relay good citizen.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Could someone watch this video and validate if near the end, would be a possiblity?!?

www.youtube.com...

Thanks

Edit: Had to add one more link for totally didn't think about this scenario....

www.youtube.com...
edit on 26-3-2011 by spydrbyte25 because: Added extra video link

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I find it extremely awkward that people would actually believe that an object the size of Jupiter would be wondering around the solar system, getting closer to Earth to peekaboo us without influencing any of the other planets' orbits as it passes through.

Your Nibiru is one sneaky bastard I guess.
Before reaching us the havoc a brown dwarf would have caused on every other planet would be more than obvious. If a brown dwarf was right now past Jupiter - it would be brighter than Jupiter...

No one pointing a telescope at Pluto will see a comet... that's not where it is.

A comet's tail only becomes visible when it is close enough to the Sun (past the asteroid belt) - the Sun's heat melting the comet's ice is what causes it's tail.

Elenin is a comet. It will be fun to see it in the skies this summer.

Unless you're staring at Pluto. Then you wont see anything.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I haven't read all the threads so my apologies if this has already been posted, but I found this link which might answer some questions.

astrobiology.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Yes a Brown Dwarf has been confirmed to exist just in case anyone thinks differently.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

Yes. Long ago.

List of Brown Dwarfs.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by InTrueFiction

I can't see CFBDSIR J1458+1013B in tht list...

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Timmeh69

It was just discovered and surely wasn't put on that list yet. I gave the list to show that the existence of Brown Dwarfs has been confirmed since 1995 - it isn't news.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
::in an overly dramatic voice::
Well I don't care what it is... All I know is that it's big, it's heading right for Earth, and we have approximately 199 days to warn the rest of the world!

If Facebook can overthrow whole countries... then ATS can save the human race!

Go out and Inform the people!!! Nibiru is coming!!!

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Hey guys!! I'm TUNISIAN fan of this website..you have been talking a lot about NIBIRU/PLANET X/BROWN DWARF..i'm sure that NASA and international scientific community are hiding something..i feel the global human consciousness on earth is busy with something big..but dont trust all amateur videos you can find on you tube..you wanna the final proof of the existence of nibiru ? dont go on google sky or celestia software or stellarium software or Microsoft worl wide telescope soft, but go on this website : www.sky-map.org
You will find live updated images, Not censored or hidden or manipulated images,just tape on search " nibiru" and you ll see all the truth..i wait your answers..
Thank you all.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join