It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Elenin Does NOT EXISTS!! Instead - Brown Dwarf: NIBIRU!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

cant find even Leonid Elenin, is he real? his comet has courted much internet speculation, the guy isn't even on Facebook, Wikipedia, or Yahoo news. He's never been sought for an interview by the media. Does he even exist?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by RadicalRebel

Here's a basic article on the Voyager 2 flyby
Voyager 2 - Encounter with Neptune

I don't mind substantiating my position. No else was bothering so I didn't.

Well i kinda meant for all your claims(in this thread particularly).

I would apply this to all on this site not just you.

I honestly think that there wouldn't be much information in contradiction to yur info that could be used (other than youtube videos), I just think you would be more convincing if you took the time to provide sources and evidence to back up your comments rather than baselessly "debunking" everyones comments with crusader like contempt.

While i understand that some wouldnt take serious research and results at face value, not everyone who questions the world around them is a subscriber to "Niburu" theories. In either case it would be nice to be able to have some sort of evidence to what you say (it seems not everyone knows how to use google) rather than just take some avatar at thier word.
edit on 26-3-2011 by RadicalRebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by WinnieDaWho

cant find even Leonid Elenin, is he real? his comet has courted much internet speculation, the guy isn't even on Facebook, Wikipedia, or Yahoo news. He's never been sought for an interview by the media. Does he even exist?

Please read this thread "Does Leonid Elenin Exist?", you will find that your comment is incorrect and there is much information on him, he is only an ametuer and as such i am sure he has other activities and duties in his life and perhaps does not want to be a public figure

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by nedined

I was raised a Catholic and I can assure you with every fiber of my being that we never worshipped a fish! Where in heck did that come from ? Guess you learned about religion in the same school you learned astronomy? Yeah ya did. The Univeristy of the Internet Blog.

Have you seen this before?

This is a little thinly reminder

I hate the arrogance of the "raised Christians" that have been brain washed but think they know everything

You guys have no idea what's really going on! You are like that other guy that sticks his head in the sand. You keep learning from you church - they are telling you everything
Just pay your duty there and Jesus will save you!!!
Gooooood boy, gooood!!!!!

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by nedined

We have no idea what's going on? Well please enlighten us. Gonna grab some popcorn. I'll be waiting for the enlightenment as a few others ITT probably will.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by nedined

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by nedined

I was raised a Catholic and I can assure you with every fiber of my being that we never worshipped a fish! Where in heck did that come from ? Guess you learned about religion in the same school you learned astronomy? Yeah ya did. The Univeristy of the Internet Blog.

Have you seen this before?

This is a little thinly reminder

I hate the arrogance of the "raised Christians" that have been brain washed but think they know everything

You guys have no idea what's really going on! You are like that other guy that sticks his head in the sand. You keep learning from you church - they are telling you everything
Just pay your duty there and Jesus will save you!!!
Gooooood boy, gooood!!!!!

What company produces such idols and what is their link to organized religion? and then explain to me how that is relevant to the topic at hand.
edit on 26-3-2011 by RadicalRebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

well you can't say that people are mentally ill either because they believe something different. that is one one of the reasons for this site to to find the truth. Very intelligent people are not Always right....but they can have mistaken...and maybe need to take another look at it. And..anyone that thinks our government knows whats best for us all better then we do ourselves is sadly mistaken. Assuming someone is mentally unstable because they believe something different is nothing but ignorant! All this man is suggesting really is that someone needs to take another look at things and be honest with the public, instead of them worrying about mass panic. I know there are some people that think very very VERY far fetched things out there but not everyone who thinks differently then you are ill.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by WinnieDaWho

Facebook is not a good place to look for actual information.

You're clearly not looking in the right places for useful information. If you did not find Elenin I'm guessing you didn't try much.

en.wikipedia.org...
elenin.org...
www.skyandtelescope.com...
news.discovery.com...
www.space.com...
astrobiology.nasa.gov...

In the past few days another silly rumor has appeared on godlikeproductions. They claim that the comet's discoverer, Russian amateur astronomer Leonid Elenin, does not exist, and the name is a code based on ELE = Extinction Level Event.

www.universetoday.com...
iasc.hsutx.edu...

That should get you some useful information.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by RadicalRebel

I've posted countless links. You can check out many of my posts.

As far as claims in this thread that a brown dwarf is inside of the solar system why do I need to provides links to something so patently ridiculous.

If you have a particular statement of mine that you'd like more information on please ask for it.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

How can someone trust a government that does nothing but argue with each other, that does nothing but make themselves richer, and yes lies to everyone everyday. They argue about passing a budget simply because they want to make this country implode so they can have the UN come in to control the people because we are getting smart to what they are doing and it's time they actually start earning the bloated paycheck they write for themselves.

If there is a cataclysmic event that is going to happen to this earth, they will not say anything so there is no mass panic and they can run and hide themselves. This would also allow them not to have to explain to us people why they have only prepared contingency plans for their families and people they chose to carry on civilization if by chance they survive.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by nedined

How would the ISS be considered any type of "safe haven" from Earthly disasters? The fact is the ISS is tiny, capable of supporting less than 10 people. Two, it requires supply drops from Earth on a regular basis. Three, the exposure to increased radiation and bone loss because of the location in space render it impossible to inhabit for any longer than a typical ISS mission. Come on man. Our governments do lie to us, but let's apply some critical thinking to this.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by IncognitoGhostman

Being paranoid does not mean that anything is happening. You mistake the ability of non-government people to look for themselves. You can go out there and look at the sky all you want. It's free. Go out and look for the known planets. Go out and see the phases of the Moon. Go out and watch meteor showers. Find a local astronomy club and get the chance to see galaxies and nebulae and all of the other wonders of space. The best part is that it is free.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Uh, yeah, he does.

Because this, among others, was discovered by him.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut
reply to post by nedined

An 18 inch telescope (the one that Leon Elenin used) refers to the DIAMETER of the mirror, the telescope used in this video seems to be less than 3 inches in diameter.

In the video it states that a brown dwarf would not be visible in the infrared spectrum. The reason it is called brown is that almost all of its output is in the infrared part of the spectrum and little is in the visible spectrum!

On a normal homemade 6 inch dobsonian reflector telescope I can resolve small enough to see the moons of Jupiter (hell, even Galileo could do that). In this video, he didn't seem to be able to resolve Jupiter to more than a small dot.

At the present moment, comet Elenin is inside the orbit of Jupiter, about half way from the Earth to Jupiter.

If it was a brown dwarf, it would simply be visible and anyone, even with a toy telescope, would be able to see it. We'd be feeling its heat (a brown dwarf is a cold STAR) and seeing effects of it gravity.

We don't because Comet Elenin is tiny (less than 4 km across). Because it is so small, people with toy telescopes are not likely to see it. Nor is it likely to have any measurable effect on the Earth.

I'll try & figure out where the maker of this video was looking in the sky when he made it and give you the name of the star he is misidentifying as Nibiru. I'll also tell you how many light years away it is.

I don't think 4 kilometers across is "tiny". They say the asteroid that impacted 65 million years ago may have been 10 km in diameter. Does it sound so tiny now?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

if he's not real explain this?

www.google.com...

There are people that exist that aren't on Wikipedia...like most people on here, we exist, but we're not on Wikipedia.
edit on 26-3-2011 by Mercurio because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-3-2011 by Mercurio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by IncognitoGhostman

I completely agree with you!

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
i think this is a very interesting video, im not gonna say i believe in Nibiru or like some other people rage and say Nibiru is fake, first of all if you have a nice telescope you will be able to see the same thing on that video and second you cant say nibiru doesnt exist because nasa says so, nasa doesnt give a sh*t about telling people the truth and actually its better for them because some people would freak out anyways, so stop saying is not true because we actually will never know until those dates come here.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Mercurio

I don't think 4 kilometers across is "tiny". They say the asteroid that impacted 65 million years ago may have been 10 km in diameter. Does it sound so tiny now?

If a car lands on your head is it tiny?
If a bowling ball lands on your head is it tiny?
If a pea sized piece of lead passes though your body is it tiny?

All I'm saying is that tiny is a relative concept and it all depends on what is being discussed. A celestial object at 4km in diameter is tiny compared to planets and stars. It has little gravity.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by manticorex5

It is a common false argument that nothing can be predicted. The argument is based on the idea that the person making the argument has no idea how predictions are made and suggests that no one else does either. That sort of argument simply tells all that the person making the argument does not understand how things are done. That's okay. It does not mean that others are not able to make accurate predictions.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by WinnieDaWho

Facebook is not a good place to look for actual information.

You're clearly not looking in the right places for useful information. If you did not find Elenin I'm guessing you didn't try much.

en.wikipedia.org...
elenin.org...
www.skyandtelescope.com...
news.discovery.com...
www.space.com...
astrobiology.nasa.gov...

In the past few days another silly rumor has appeared on godlikeproductions. They claim that the comet's discoverer, Russian amateur astronomer Leonid Elenin, does not exist, and the name is a code based on ELE = Extinction Level Event.

www.universetoday.com...
iasc.hsutx.edu...

That should get you some useful information.

what a bunch of un-useful links you provided..all posting the same NASA Elenin story...dont really tell me this is all you can come up woth to proof the story....and you are astonished that people are skeptic about it...epic....i am really sorry for your waisted effort in clicking the link shortcut and pasting all those links seriously...you made my day

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join