It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple under fire for 'gay conversion' app

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
reply to post by johngtr

Because there are litterally billions of people who are not gay. How is 6% considered the norm?
We have really strayed from the topic of this thread.
For the record I agree that the app is fine and not because I'm a Christian and disagree with the homosexual choice but it's about freedom of speech.

So normal and not normal equate to
normal = not natural ???

This is not off topic because to bring out anything to cure a gay person is ridiculous.
How can you cure something that is not a disease

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by KILL_DOGG

Why?

That we are all equal?

This it's 2011?

That rape, abuse, poor background doesn't cause people to become gay?

Is not your sexuality more than just a mental condition?

Think about it.

EDIT

I think you took my post the wrong way...

edit on 22-3-2011 by dsm1664 because: To add more comments.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
reply to post by KILL_DOGG

Well the great thing is it doesn't matter what you or anyone else thinks of this app.. The people that made it have the right to have it out there.. like it .. or not

RIght on. The Gay community is really pushing their luck these days. Many gay people are gay due to psychological issues and not necessarily physiological issues. It is a curable as per few family members who are Doctors that I know. However it starts within a society as per what is appropriate and what is not for the younger generation. Many teens are sexually confused and in the process of identifying their position in the society as they mature into adulthood. This is a crucial period when things can take turn for good or bad. While I do believe it can be a physiological condition due to hormones, the psychologically gay crowd can certainly be cured. The physiological gays can be cured but it is not guaranteed since it involves hormone therapy.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
We must create an App that helps us step by step to stop believing, that prayers can change sexual orientation or that it is even necessary to change sexual orientaion. How about it, you techical wizzards? Get at it!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

In response to your private message you sent (apparently i need 20 posts to send a message). I am sorry if i offended you... However... If you will "preach" your ignorance, what do you expect? with regard to your offer to insult me, your opinion means very little to me... so waste your time if you want.

edit on 22-3-2011 by mcsteve because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2011 by mcsteve because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Men and women were born with body parts that were made to re-produce the species. Re-production is natural and a man and woman have to have sex in order to do it. The fact that it feels good is icing on the cake.

When two women or two men have sex it is not a natural act in that they are not re-producing the species. But is it wrong? Simply because of the number of people that are doing it,no. It is not a danger to our species. We are not going to die off because of homosexuality. Do I understand how they can get pleasure from this? No. ( Well, the women maybe
They might actually love each other. Is that wrong? No.

If people can say how homosexuality is right, why can't the opposing viewpoint be heard as well? It's called freedom of speech and, in this case, there is no harm in it. If Apple wants to be retarded and endorse something that claims to be able to "cure" homosexuality, far be it from me to stand in their way.

Seriously, the earthquake in Japan, the U.S. kicking Qaddafi's a## so B.P. can do their thing, teenagers strapping bombs on themselves and killing innocent people in the name of "God?" Children starving all over the world because the leaders of their countries are greedy S.O.B's? The Vatican? We have bigger fish to fry than homosexuality, yet here we are, slaving away at THIS stove.

I thought we were here to DENY ignorance?
edit on 22-3-2011 by Taupin Desciple because: Clarity

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
The first thing that bothers me is the argument that homosexual sex causes an increase in disease. Both sides of the debate annoy me with this. With the lesser stds there is no increase because of the sexual act alone, perhaps having a more free sexual life increases it but not the specific act itself. Moving on to more serious diseases such as AIDS and Hep C, the act of anal penetration without protection does up the chances of contracting it because the anus tears easier resulting in a higher likelihood of blood being transferred. Those are the facts and regardless of sexual orientation, unprotected sex comes with risks.
That being said, the topic was not about health risks of homosexual sex vs straight sex nor was it about the morality of either. I combine hatred towards homosexuals and racism etc all together as the same form of hatred. I believe in freedom of speech so even though this app is based off ignorance and hate I don't think it should be taken down. The only people buying it will be the people who think they can change, anyone who has accepted themselves will be aware that they can not change and they wont bother with it. The only people I'm concerned about are the children who are confused. I wont discuss the kids though, that would send me off on a whole other rant about children and cell phones.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I did not say i had proven anything. I don't need to. You're doing just fine proving my point that you're ignorant without my input.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by syncelebrity

You talk about ignorance, but it's rather obvious you are the ignorant one.

If you knew my mother, and her gay friends, then you would've known all that you have said is complete BS.
Besides, my mother thinks this app is rather hilarious..
edit on 22-3-2011 by Jonko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

I wonder if someone is going to create a straight to gay app

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
The so called defagmentation tool.

Seriously, I can't believe this is todays ATS top topic.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Jeeze. Give me a f***in break. There is a lot of crazy s*** on the internet I wouldn't mind seeing shut down either, but thats not an option. If I don't download it, I won't have to bitch about it.

-B

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Freedom of speech. I think we can all agree that the case is closed whether you think it's a good idea or not. People have the choice to use this thing.. and if it weren't for the people coming forward about it, it would've probably never seen the light of day and been a joke app.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
When I read the thread title, at first I thought it's meant the other way around - an app that converts heterosexuals (normal, healthy people) into gays - it would not have surprised me really, if the gay-propagating NWO had developed and released something like that, lol.

I don't see a problem with that app at all. Those gays who seek help and therapy should have the possibility to find and try such an app, the others who EMBARRASSINGLY believe that it's normal and even cool to be gay, should just ignore its existance, ok?

Ko3
edit on 22-3-2011 by kid_of_3NKi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple
Do I understand how they can get pleasure from this? No. ( Well, the women maybe
They might actually love each other. Is that wrong? No.

Seriously? You can only understand how women get pleasure from gay sex, and they're the only ones that might actually love each other?

What about the women that pretty much look like gay men? Somehow I'm guessing that you're against that.

Take your own advice and deny ignorance.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by johngtr

Actually there are still great numbers of psychologists that agree that homosexuality is a mental illness, and that it can be cured.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
In 1993, biologist Dean Hamer of the National Cancer Institute found that in 40 pairs of homosexual brothers, 33 of them had the same set of DNA sequences in a part of the chromosome called, "Xq28."

This has caused many homosexual leaders to proclaim this "evidence" and demand respect and acceptance of homosexuality because of this apparent genetic trait.

However, in late June of 1995, reports were confirmed that Dean Hamer was being investigated by the Office of Research Integrity at the Department of Health and Human Services. Reports found that Hamer may have selectively reported his research and data – which has led many to question the credibility of his research.

Furthermore, in the late '90s, a team of researchers at the University of Western Ontario in Canada found no trace or evidence of the "gay" gene in homosexual men. The study found that the region of the X chromosome known as "Xq28" has nothing to do with the sexual "orientation" of a person.

Neurologist George Rice studied the DNA of 52 pairs of homosexual brothers and found that their Xq28 sequences were no more similar than what might happen from sheer chance.

Read more: 'Gay' gene: Fact or fantasy? www.wnd.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

If the gay pressure groups are that concerned about this, why don't they simply come up with an app to assist folks to come out of the closet?

Free speach is free speach.

Pretty much the jist right there. You may not agree with it, but it is certainly folks' right to communicate their message as long as it doesn't violate any laws. If you don't like or agree with the message, send your own. Simple as that really.

Besides, nobody is being forced to USE or even get the app. It's for those who WANT to change themselves. Whether WE agree or disagree is immaterial. Each has to choose for themselves.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I stand by my assertion that the so called scientists that make claim to people being born gay have an agenda. It's never been proven by any means and apparently the people making the claims are falsifying information.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Private message:
"So you can't send private messages yet huh? Tell me did you just sign up to try and spread your gay agenda? Your only argument is name calling? You won't further your agenda that way."

No, i can't send private messages yet, but no i did not just sign up to "spread my gay agenda" (i'm not gay). I only read the thread to see what peoples opinions are on the matter, and i work for apple. I happened upon your ramblings and felt inclined to tell you my opinion. This is a discussion forum after all. Calling you a moron was possibly a mistake and like i already said I am sorry if it offended you. What bothers me about you, is firstly that you think you hold the moral superiority. You think you can throw your BS around as fact, when its not, its simply your opinion. You compare being gay to being a pedophile. In what way is it similar?

To sum up my opinion of you, your just a god boy. You believe in a fairytale. Jesus says being gay is not natural therefore to you its not. Fair enough. There is no point in arguing with someone so blinkered as yourself.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join