It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple under fire for 'gay conversion' app

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
This thread has been quite the roller-coaster read. Hilarious at times and at other times it leaves me wanting to puke.

But step back folks and let me point something out to ALL of you.

We (collectively) have NO BUSINESS being in someone else's bed.

First. I don’t care if you’re a Christian, an apologist, a scientist, a mother of a child who’s reached their majority - NO ONE has the right to judge another persons sexual behavior - as long as the participants are of legal age and willing.

Second. WHY do all of you have such an intense agenda? I mean ALL OF YOU - for, against or don't care?

You want to know why?

Because you’re being manipulated. You're willingly being tools! You’ve been manipulated by every marketing and media outlet there is to take a stand.

And why? So they can milk you dry over which side of the fence you land on!

You’re FOR homosexuality (but not ‘one’): You’re immediately malleable for one of MANY money making market(s) - Hollywood being the one you're probably most familiar with... (Should I mention ‘Broke-Back Mountain’).

You’re GAY!? Well Hey Girlfriend! Thank Gawd you’re finally outta that nasty ol’ closet cause Boy do we have something to selllll you!

You’re AGAINST homosexuality? I’ve got a list of politicians, churches and anti-organizations who’d just luvvvvvvv to have you on their donations list.

And on and on and on.

When the people of this world finally WAKE THE *F* UP and realize you’re being MANIPULATED over something you have NO RIGHT to even have an opinion over - (someone ELSES bedroom preferences) maybe you’ll take a step back, clear your heads and start to just accept people for who they are - love them for who they are - and place the SHAME and BLAME on the MEDIA - where it belongs!

Now gimme a 'High Five' and stop your freaking bickering.

peace

edit on 22-3-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

I'm strange because I disagree with you?
Look I never ever set out on these threads and try and convert anyone to Christianity, I generally never bring Christianity into it. I started this thread arguing it is not natural and someone attacked my faith and tried to use the Bible as the basis for their arguments for homosexuality. Attack my religion and I attack back. However I have shown time again in this thread that I do not need Christianity to debate homosexuality.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I agree 150% in that if a person chooses homosexuality it's their business. However the moment you bring it into the public eye or especially bring it into a forum like this, all gloves are off and it's up for debate.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
reply to post by HunkaHunka

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. You are reaching lil fella, you are reaching. Your arguments get more ridiculous with each post. Hair color is a physical attribute that one is born with, homosexuality is a lifestyle choice one makes.

The only thing ridiculous is you thinking that just because only 6% of the population is a particular way, that it's somehow not normal and natural.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

SW I can't call you by your name because it's offensive to me that you refer to yourself as wicked. What, are you 10 years old? Do you honestly think it bothers me if it pains you to use the word Christian? Do you have an intelligent response at all about the original topic?

Well, you didn't answer my points did you? And stop with the respected foe nonsense, I grew out of that a long time ago. It pains me you use the handel Christian Voice as though you speak as a voice for Christians, did that not seem obvious?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

I agree 150% in that if a person chooses homosexuality it's their business. However the moment you bring it into the public eye or especially bring it into a forum like this, all gloves are off and it's up for debate.

Regardless where the issue is 'brought up' - you my fellow Christian friend have NO RIGHT to judge.

And, honestly, you need to get your facts straight (especially concerning homosexuality in animals) especially if you're going to take a stand on an issue such as this in an open forum.

You can do far more damage presenting yourself in anger and spite with only half the information leaving yourself open to the criticism of non-believers than you could by doing what you're called to do by Christ and that's to be loving and giving and opening your heart to others meekly and without rancor in all things.

peace to you

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I'm strange because I disagree with you?
Look I never ever set out on these threads and try and convert anyone to Christianity, I generally never bring Christianity into it. I started this thread arguing it is not natural and someone attacked my faith and tried to use the Bible as the basis for their arguments for homosexuality. Attack my religion and I attack back. However I have shown time again in this thread that I do not need Christianity to debate homosexuality.

Still haven't answered my original points though have you? Or the ones in the message you just responded to. I'm not attacking any religion (but I'm unnerved at your handle giving the message you speak for all Christians). But again, feel free to ignore the points I made, just shows you have no answers - as an individual.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

It's fine to disagree with homosexuality. However it is twisted to compare attractions to the same gender with bestiality and pedophilia. I thank you for my addition to your respected foes list. I would do the same, but you do not have my respect, only pity.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

We've discussed this point in this thread as well. The Bible says as Christians we are the salt of the Earth. There is a difference between judging and discerning right from wrong. I haven't represented anything in anger on here yet. I got flustered when I was being called names and people were posting ignorrant things like feed me to lions and such.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by hastur

How exactly would it differ from pedaphelia and beastiality? All three are not the norm and are from most accounts not a choice, sure the acts differ, but the attraction is the same.

link   

I believe the admonition was simply Judge Not!

Exhortation is for your brother...

link   
reply to post by hastur

It is not twisted at all. Tell me oh non respecting one, how are they different? Believe me I just added you as a foe, there was no option to add you as any other kind of foe or I would have. Again, please tell me how the attraction of a pedophile and the attraction of a gay person is different. Attraction, not action.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jessejamesxx

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple
Do I understand how they can get pleasure from this? No. ( Well, the women maybe
They might actually love each other. Is that wrong? No.

Seriously? You can only understand how women get pleasure from gay sex, and they're the only ones that might actually love each other?

What about the women that pretty much look like gay men? Somehow I'm guessing that you're against that.

Take your own advice and deny ignorance.

Maybe I worded that wrong. If two men or two women want to love each other, that's okay. Love is love. But for the life of me, as a heterosexual male, I cannot fathom getting pleasure from another man. This point of view has nothing to do with intelligence but more with personal preference.

So sue me.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by King_John
reply to post by hastur

How exactly would it differ from pedaphelia and beastiality? All three are not the norm and are from most accounts not a choice, sure the acts differ, but the attraction is the same.

Given that the attraction happens the same way "smelling of pheromones" and the subsequent involuntary desire, I don't see how homosexuality is different from heterosexuality.
edit on 22-3-2011 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Do you believe that murder is wrong? Never mind ignore that, you already posted that you wanted me murdered.
How about, do you believe that pedophilia is wrong? If so, are you judging the pedophile? If so, what gives you the right?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Not talking about heterosexuality. I'm asking how a pedophiles attractions differ from a homosexual's attraction?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

If I recall I said "fed to the lions". You obviously have difficulty with subtly so I'll spell it out...

There is no right and wrong Romans 14:14, but there is what society will tolerate and still survive...

Murder is something that has a victim and thus frowned upon by society.... Homosexuality is a matter of sexual orientation, and though abhorrent to those who don't get it, has no victim.

Therefore homosexuality, within the modern morality of thinking people, is not taboo.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Not talking about heterosexuality. I'm asking how a pedophiles attractions differ from a homosexual's attraction?

The lack of two consenting adults... That's how

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
It definitely is stupid, but I don't see a significant problem with it. It just makes the organization look totally ridiculous. If they want to make themselves look like idiots, that's their problem. Homosexuality is just a way to live life. Like preferring a certain type of food or entertainment. We have no right to judge people for their preferences.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by King_John
reply to post by hastur

Given that the attraction happens the same way "smelling of pheromones" and the subsequent involuntary desire, I don't see how homosexuality is different from heterosexuality.
edit on 22-3-2011 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

I never said it was, what I did say is that, like homosexuality, pedophilia and bestiality are not choices, but I doubt any people defending homosexuality would stand up and defend a pedophile or zoophile in their attraction to underage kids and animals. I'm not saying having gay sex is equivalent to pedophilia or bestiality, but being attracted to the same sex is equivalent.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join