It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple under fire for 'gay conversion' app

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ziplogan

Anyway... every one of them have told me that it was a choice they made.

They probably meant that they choose to pursue their attraction, or come out etc., not that they choose to be attracted to men, that is absurd. Nobody can choose what he is attracted to. This is not true just for sexuality, but for every attraction, and other basic emotions. It is a dominion of lower parts of brain, and these are not controlled by conscious choices.

For example, I have two shirts, red and white. I like the red one more, and I did not choose it. I can choose to wear one or the other, but that does not change the fact that it is the red one that looks nicer to me. Sexuality is even more basic instinct than aesthetic attraction to shirts. There is no conscious choice involved.
edit on 22/3/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

edit on 22/3/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by dsm1664

PS. I'm straight, just have a low tolerance for morons.

edit on 22-3-2011 by dsm1664 because: sp

Then you must despise yourself because your entire post was riddled with idiocy.
edit on 3/22/2011 by KILL_DOGG because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by syncelebrity
*SPEECH*..... Any ways The majority of the homosexual community are a bunch of whiny and ignorant people. They are confused and always on their guard because if being Gay was natural...ummm they would feel natural and we would see it as natural. Nature didn't intend it, nor did god. Fat people don't whine with weight loss apps or commercials, so why do the gays?? Not really sure but, I have noticed a trend in homosexuality; they were either, raped, treated very poorly, Had parent and divorce issues, low income, or high neglected income, bad friendships, no relationship with mom or dad, etc. I have not seen, heard of, or met a homosexual with a good clean back round. Being Gay is brought on by low self esteem and poor upbringing.

""Any ways The majority of the homosexual community are a bunch of whiny and ignorant people. They are confused and always on their guard because if being Gay was natural...ummm they would feel natural""

That is the most arrogant thing i have heard on ATS ever ,

"""Not really sure but, I have noticed a trend in homosexuality; they were either, raped, treated very poorly, Had parent and divorce issues, low income, or high neglected income, bad friendships, no relationship with mom or dad, etc""""

REALLY???? show me some statistics before i believe any of the constant BS falling out of your mouth or typed by your fingers

Im sure if anything there are 5x the number of people with the same upbringing who are not " gay "

""""" Being Gay is brought on by low self esteem and poor upbringing. """""

You sir are a the biggest biggot i have ever came across.

Biggot - One who judges and/or despises others based on their physical apearance, descent, gender, personal beliefs or life style.

I am not gay but i know gay people and they are nothing like what you have said sir,

I cannot believe your post is still up and has not been removed, and you got S**T load of stars - DISGUSTING.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by Maslo

I was born straight, and kids aren't born gay. It is mostly hormonal and environmental factors and personal choice that determines your sexual orientation.

You can't be that closed minded and be on ATS can you?
edit on 22-3-2011 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by syncelebrity

Hi syncelebrity. My name is Abrihetx and I am a lesbian. The list that you posted: "they were either, raped, treated very poorly, Had parent and divorce issues, low income, or high neglected income, bad friendships, no relationship with mom or dad, etc. I have not seen, heard of, or met a homosexual with a good clean back round. Being Gay is brought on by low self esteem and poor upbringing." does not apply to me.

I had a wonderful childhood, and am now a successful, well-adjusted lesbian and I am very happy with myself. Being gay is natural. Perhaps it isn't your orientation, but it is a valid "lifestyle" for millions and has been for a very, very long time. Gays/lesbians are "confused and always on their guard" because of outside influences. If you guys left us alone then you we would stop "whining" about how we are treated.

There. Now that have met a lesbian with a clean background, would you like to try again?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
To be a gay is only a problem this days because of centurys of some religious morale influence.
What amuses me in this subject, is that the same texts in The Bible,(Moustly from the Leviticus) that the Church says that explains why to be a homossexual is wrong and not natural at all, also says that we can't eat, for exemple Lobster or shrimp!
And as far as i know, nobody cares about it, even the Church!

Leviticus 11:10
"But anything in the seas or rivers that does not have fins and scales, regard as an abomination. Do not eat their meat and regard their carcasses as an abomination."

I just hate Cynicism...!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Abrihetx

BULL!!! I don't buy it at all. If you are a lesbian, whether you choose to admit it or not something went wrong somewhere along the way. A man pissed you off, abuse of some kind, something went wrong, you were not born gay. We do not have "sexual" attractions until puberty. That's what puberty is for. That gives us over a decade to be molded into who we will be sexually. I've heard bull from people on here before saying I'm full of crap that they had sexual feelings at like 5 and 6. I think they are very confused about sex and infatuation.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by WhizPhiz

No one is trying to "claim" anything... It's a scientific fact that we are born with our sexual orientation.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice

BULL!!! I don't buy it at all. If you are a lesbian, whether you choose to admit it or not something went wrong somewhere along the way. A man pissed you off, abuse of some kind, something went wrong, you were not born gay. We do not have "sexual" attractions until puberty. That's what puberty is for. That gives us over a decade to be molded into who we will be sexually. I've heard bull from people on here before saying I'm full of crap that they had sexual feelings at like 5 and 6. I think they are very confused about sex and infatuation.

Why is it that you don't get the fact that an orientation is just that? That there is nothing abnormal about bieng gay?

And just because you weren't sexually aware til later doesn't mean everyone was....

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 22-3-2011 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Umbra Sideralis

Get more informed on your Bible knowledge. You are quoting Old Testament. New Testament covers the subject as well. Jesus gave us our laws to live by. Yes Jesus was against homosexuality. He set the standard for relationships. He said a man should leave his mother and father and cleave unto his wife, not life partner.
I don't believe any homosexual has ever felt "natural and right" about being gay ever until people keep pounding into them that they were born that way and there's nothing wrong with it. Seems people can be talked into just about anything.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

It is not scientific fact!!! Show me 100% proof positive. Our sexual orientations come on at puberty. How do you think you can have sexual urges before your body starts making the hormones that give the urges to you?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

Why does homosexuality seem so abnormal to you? Other than because the beliefs of a Hebrew tribe?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Why are you people so arrogant about this, its exactly the same as saying oh yeah i chose to be straight. No you didnt your mind had feelings for women you cant choose what your mind does on its own.
Same for gays

Why for example in Africa would they " choose" to be gay when they get killed for being gay?

Can you help who you fall in love with??? NO you cant. Don't care what BS you have to say, whether it be man,woman or a big blue assed alien. You cannot help it if you feel attracted to somebody.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

reply to post by HunkaHunka

It is not scientific fact!!! Show me 100% proof positive. Our sexual orientations come on at puberty. How do you think you can have sexual urges before your body starts making the hormones that give the urges to you?

There's tons of links to these studies here.

As for sexual urges, it has to do with how the body responds to pheromones. It's in there...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

Hi Christian Voice. Seems like you know me better than I do then, huh? Whether you want to believe me or not (and I really don't care, because you are who to me? Right.) There was no abuse at all. Good father, strong uncles cousins and little brother. I have always been respected by men. Had I wanted to be married to a man, I could have been by now because I have interacted with some great guys. I'm just not sexually attracted to them. Period.

And I may not have been sexually attracted to women at age 5, but I certainly had my crushes.

S/N: It looks like you apply YOUR experiences to everyone else and expect them to fit. It doesn't work like that.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by johngtr

Oh give it a rest with the Africa thing. People are going to do what people are going to do period. Why would a person drive and drink when they know they will go to jail and lose their license? Why do spouses cheat when they know they'll be divorced and many times murdered? Why do people do anything they do?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Guess what? It's a freakin APP!

Personally, i'm more worried about the lightsabre app, now any old shmuck can be a sith lord and mess up my day.

Anyway, if you don't like it, don't download it. Wow, that's not so hard now is it.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

reply to post by johngtr

Oh give it a rest with the Africa thing. People are going to do what people are going to do period. Why would a person drive and drink when they know they will go to jail and lose their license? Why do spouses cheat when they know they'll be divorced and many times murdered? Why do people do anything they do?

It sounds like you believe that humans are responsible for everything, even the origin of biological driven sexual urges...

Wow... We must all be shaolin monks eh?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

reply to post by johngtr

Why should i give it a rest. YOu think these people deserve to be brutally murdered for being gay? you need to stop living in the past and get over your own narrow minded view of what being gay actually is., this is the modern age where everybody has rights ( should have rights ).

Those people do that because they are fools who have no repercussion of the law. Africa is not the Same as Europe or the USA.

Why do people do anything is a excellent way to end your argument - they do it because it is what their mind tells them to do, same for gays. Point taken. End Of

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join