It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple under fire for 'gay conversion' app

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
The point is not about being gay or straight, but that the app went through an approval process for the app store and was deemed acceptable.
I'm not sure why this is a problem, but can only imagine people searching for lifestyle apps encounter this and may be offended by it.
I don't agree with it's function, but for those that do, there it is. Such is life.

Sexually repressed closet flamers rejoice. There's an app for that.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

You compare being gay to being a pedophile. In what way is it similar?

It is similar in that it is a sexual thing and they both claim to be born that way. They are both sexual attractions, one claims to be attracted to the same sex while the other claims to be attracted to children. Zoophiles claim an attraction to animals. What is the difference? Homosexuals claim they cannot help who they are attracted to as do pedophiles and zoophiles. Take away the act for a moment and lets talk attraction.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

Consenting adults.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by hastur

Consenting adults.

It was said before i had the chance...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan

Whats the problem with this app? Because it endeavors to provide steps for an individual to change their lifestyle?

Why is this any different than an app that helps you lose weight? Clearly there are folks who are biologically and/or emotionally geared to being overweight and over eating and there are a bunch of apps that are meant to help those folks change their lifestyle.

This is no different. If the gay pressure groups are that concerned about this, why don't they simply come up with an app to assist folks to come out of the closet?

Free speach is free speach. I've heard these Exodus folks on both the radio and have seen them on TV - they are about two steps away from speaking in tongues and snake charming. Nobody is going to use the app and frankly, having it out there, IMO makes their entire movement look foolish, which it is.

The level of sensitivity that currently exists in this society is sickening. Get over it

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

Sensitity, eh?

How sensitive would YOU be if Apple would have in instead approved an app to convert people to homosexuality and reject heterosexuality?

edit on 22/3/11 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by hastur

Consenting adults has absolutely nothing to do with it. I said lets talk attraction, not the act. And please oh please don't try and argue that the only gays are consenting adults. Talking attraction which is the basis for the pro gay argument, if gay people cannot help who they are attracted to then why should a pedophile be able to help who he is attracted to?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
reply to post by johngtr

Because there are litterally billions of people who are not gay. How is 6% considered the norm?
We have really strayed from the topic of this thread.
For the record I agree that the app is fine and not because I'm a Christian and disagree with the homosexual choice but it's about freedom of speech.

By your estimation being blonde is not natural then.... It's perfectly normal for 6% of the population to be different than the rest...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Echtelion

It would not make me a bit of difference. I have an apparent unique ability that allows me to not do something if I do not want to. Apparently there is alot of impulse control out there. If ya don't like the app, don't use it.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. You are reaching lil fella, you are reaching. Your arguments get more ridiculous with each post. Hair color is a physical attribute that one is born with, homosexuality is a lifestyle choice one makes.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

reply to post by Umbra Sideralis

Get more informed on your Bible knowledge. You are quoting Old Testament. New Testament covers the subject as well. Jesus gave us our laws to live by. Yes Jesus was against homosexuality. He set the standard for relationships. He said a man should leave his mother and father and cleave unto his wife, not life partner.
I don't believe any homosexual has ever felt "natural and right" about being gay ever until people keep pounding into them that they were born that way and there's nothing wrong with it. Seems people can be talked into just about anything.

Why do you presume to speak for everyone who has at least some level of faith? Old testament is based on Jewish law at the time of writing, I'm not even sure it's given the courtesy of being said it's Gods law. New Testament doesn't have any lines attributed to Christ I'm aware of that to say homosexuality is against Gods will - and actually, even if it did, then these were the gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, I can't recall where a question is asked and the answer given. I happen to think the answer would have been more along the lines of 'care you not what your neighbour does in his bedroom, at least until your own sheets are clean'

As to Christ setting the standards for relationships..... was he married? Did he reproduce? If not then that nullifies the argument you have been making on here, and if he did, then that kind of takes us to a whole new thread - and that is from someone raised a Christian.

Why can't these threads actually stick to the point. CV (I can't call you by your handle as it's offensive to me that you should consider yourself to be the voice of a religion who don't recognise you as their 'voice'), if an app was approved that promised to 'cure' you of your Chirstianity (which certainly is a choice), I'm guessing that wouldn't bother you in the slightest.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

reply to post by HunkaHunka

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. You are reaching lil fella, you are reaching. Your arguments get more ridiculous with each post. Hair color is a physical attribute that one is born with, homosexuality is a lifestyle choice one makes.

How do you know its a "choice that one makes"? Where is the proof of this? There is none. Same as there is no proof that its genetic I know. Again you're confusing you're opinion with fact. You might want to stop that.
edit on 22-3-2011 by mcsteve because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

if gay people cannot help who they are attracted to then why should a pedophile be able to help who he is attracted to?

But he does not. He would no longer be a pedophile then, would he? A pedophile is attracted to children, it is not his fault or choice (who would choose it?), nor is it illegal to be attracted to children. Having sex with children is what is illegal, and where the ability to make a conscious choice comes in.

I sure as hell did not choose my heterosexual orientation, and it is probably one of the most absurd things I have read on ATS.

link   
Therapy is always dangerous. Always. Conversion is just a fancy word for "change", and therapists are all about "change". If you don't want conversion (read: change) then do not go see a counselor / therapist.

There are three potential outcomes regarding every therapy session:
1. The person will be helped.
2. The person will remain the same / unchanged.
3. The person will be hurt.

The issue isn't cut and dried. There are individuals who feel drawn to the same sex, and do not like this feeling; these folks desire change, and a therapist should be allowed to work with a client to achieve this goal (in my opinion). This assumes, of course, that the patient earnestly desire this conversion.

Cheers,
Cody

link   
reply to post by something wicked

SW I can't call you by your name because it's offensive to me that you refer to yourself as wicked. What, are you 10 years old? Do you honestly think it bothers me if it pains you to use the word Christian? Do you have an intelligent response at all about the original topic?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

reply to post by Abrihetx

You didn't have sexual feelings that young. I still don't buy it. Something didn't go right. I don't know you and who knows right. The few girls I went to school with that ended up gay, one's father abused her, one was very very unsttractive and started getting attention from this much older even uglier woman. That sounds horrible but she got no attention from guys. The other was very attractive and married a man that neglects her in every way. She told me that after a while she met a woman online and they began hanging out and through lonliness they hooked up. Something somewhere goes wrong. Kinda like the butterfly effect. A man I worked with years ago was gay, not openly but admittedly. He was betrayed by his wife and he said he could look at no other woman again, it was a trust issue.

You really are very, very strange. I think you could possibly do with getting out into the wider world a little - now, please don't tell me you are the most well travelled person you know because if you are then a) you don't know many people or b) you went to all the wrong places.

Your examples above (assuming they are true, which sorry, I doubt... why given your attitude which you display on your sleeve would anyone confide in you about their sexuality?) are not the norm. Before you ask, I'm not gay, but then I'd like to think I can see beyond such a narrow minded curtain you've decided to live behind.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I was born heterosexual. If I saw an App that tried to convert me to a homosexual I would just laugh it off. Some homosexuals who have this victim complex should just stop being whiny pansies and grow a pair. In any case, I am 100% in favour of apps like this one. Just like I'm 100% in favour of free speech for christians. It won't be the "libruls", NWO, or atheists who's going to destroy christianity. It's going to be the christians themselves with their hilarious bigotry. This App is a fine example. Go christians!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by hastur

Obviously, Apple saw a market and went with it. It's all about commerce and little else. All the bloviating about Apple Co. being green and a liberal wet dream is just marketing. Apple, like most mega corporations are intrinsically amoral. Money is their religion. They'd blow their grandpa for a dollar.

link   
reply to post by Maslo

1st you are wrong. It is not illegal anywhere to be attracted to children. It is illegal to act on it. It was illegal until the 90's to be homosexual, again we are talking attraction not actions. 2nd in a way you kinda did choose to be heterosexual. Even though it is the natural order of things and completely normal to do so, but you made a concious decision each and every time you had sex with the opposite sex.

link   

I would also like to point out that there is no consensus on cause of homosexuality, or other attractions for that matter, whether it is genetic, hormonal, environmental or societal, or some mix. But one thing is clear - it is not a conscious choice, under any of these circumstances.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

1st you are wrong. It is not illegal anywhere to be attracted to children. It is illegal to act on it.

Yes, but that is exactly what I meant in my post, so you probably misunderstood it, or my usage of nor was incorrect?

2nd in a way you kinda did choose to be heterosexual. Even though it is the natural order of things and completely normal to do so, but you made a concious decision each and every time you had sex with the opposite sex.

I agree. But that is not what homosexual menas, that is defined by attraction. Even if someone never had sex with the same gender, but is attracted to it, he is a homosexual, or at least bisexual. You can make a consiouss choice on whether you act on your attractions, I of course agree with that.
edit on 22/3/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join