It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumbling noise being heard around the world...report here...

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
This is the post I made on the other thread (edited for this thread). I'm in Memphis, TN.

Last fall, specifically October, November and the beginning of December, I heard low rumbling occuring during the early morning hours between 1 am and 4 am. I can only describe it as sounding like low rumbling thunder that was continuous.It lasted at least 20 minutes, sometimes longer. I checked the sky the first few nights I heard this, and there were no planes or craft or anything that could explain what I was hearing. I could not distinguish where exactly it was coming from, only that it generally came from west of my home and seemed to fill up the entire western sky. To put my location into perspective, I live north of Memphis, and west of me would be towards the Mississippi River and Arkansas. The rumbling wasn't loud enough to wake people up out of their sleep, and no one in my family heard it, but, I am a light sleeper and immediately realized that this was very out of the ordinary. This occured almost every night, well, at least every night that I woke up during the middle of the night to notice, and it continued on for almost 6 weeks. I was a bit scared, because I know this isn't normal, and although I checked the sky to find a source, I generally stayed inside while this was going on, and I didn't visually notice if there were any lights associated with it. I, myself, somehow think it was connected to the earthquakes in Arkansas that have been going steady since last year. I have no proof, it's just a hunch, but too much of a coincidence that this weird noise is coming from the direction of non-stop swarming earthquakes. I posted about this noise on Westcoast's thread for Strange Happenings in Washington State.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by defiy

Did you just leak the plot of a new James Bond movie?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by kitkatcat
reply to post by Visiting ESB

It's about time someone thought to gather all these sighting into one thread. Starred and flagged :]

It sounds so much like a prolonged jet engine sound... very prolonged though... I'm interested to hear what everyone else can explain it with. I'm stumped personally, but then again I'm not a meteorologist :/

A really big huge stretch but......Could be cloaked motherships positioning themselves into strategic locations just like in Independence Day..... We could be hearing them, and yet not seeing them. This could account for the noise and then the sudden stop after a long time.

That is why they are being heard everywhere and why it can't be the weather because all these different parts of our country can't all be having the same weather patterns at the same time to cause this sound.

It sounds like a huge machine / craft hovering really high up in the sky and everybody is hearing it which means these could be huge if it's that loud and still hearing it from that high up...

That being said....This is just one theory ...and not 100% what I actually think. I'm just throwing it out there because I've yet to see anyone mention something similar unless I've missed it.

Once again..just a guess

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
OMG i am reading all this thinking that maybe some are posting that they heard it and thinking ya right all these people hearing this and i REMEMBERED when i lived in a another town 2 yrs ago,suburb very inland from SF CA. i heard something LOAD and similar.....I thought it was a plane and it was gonna crash,it scared the h*ll out of me.It was SO load.It lasted about 15 min.I was REALLY REALLY panicking .My dh came home from work and i told him and he had no clue.This is all VERY weird.Oh ya it was a clear day and the police dept knew nothing.I am so sorry i second guessed some here.

ETA wow i have only read to page 4 of this thread and can not believe how many are hearing these strange things.I would sure like to know what these are.2 yrs ago is the first and last time a heard that or any strange noise and we live in a pretty quite area.
edit on 22-3-2011 by StarLightStarBright2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85

It's about time someone thought to gather all these sighting into one thread. Starred and flagged :]

It sounds so much like a prolonged jet engine sound... very prolonged though... I'm interested to hear what everyone else can explain it with. I'm stumped personally, but then again I'm not a meteorologist :/

A really big huge stretch but......Could be cloaked motherships positioning themselves into strategic locations just like in Independence Day..... We could be hearing them, and yet not seeing them. This could account for the noise and then the sudden stop after a long time.

That is why they are being heard everywhere and why it can't be the weather because all these different parts of our country can't all be having the same weather patterns at the same time to cause this sound.

It sounds like a huge machine / craft hovering really high up in the sky and everybody is hearing it which means these could be huge if it's that loud and still hearing it from that high up...

That being said....This is just one theory ...and not 100% what I actually think. I'm just throwing it out there because I've yet to see anyone mention something similar unless I've missed it.

Once again..just a guess

A mother ship would have to have mass whether or not its cloaked.. right? Would mean it would have to sit there and hope a jet dosnt hit it... I like the idea and was thinking of the same...

I think its more likely a new aircraft... when you have something going hypersonic it must make some serious waves up there, especially with pulse detonation.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by gloomyblue707
i was reading another thread... and the poster reffered the readers to this thread stating..." we will all see whats coming soon." he went into depth about another species besides humans ... its very trippy stuff indeed. take care everybody...

edit on 22-3-2011 by gloomyblue707 because: must be tired

I feel a deep distubance in the Force, no wait that's only my Ex in the Driveway

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Growing up at the Lake Of The Ozarks ,we would always hear a low rumbling like a engine idling .Even in the winter when there was no one and dead silence during the day at night ,rmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....rummmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I know there is more to this ,just from that and the number of just vivid insane sighting i have scene throughout the Ozarks and MO . I have often thought there has to be Base hidden in the Deep Forests down there ,you see just way to much traffic and many odd lights .Add the rumbling and you have an odd scenario ..SOmetimes i FEAR if we ever know the real truth it will scare us so badd WE will kill ourselves =(

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
i posted a thread which might explain the phenomena..please read here and post in this thread..

FFS they left so many threads open like (These rumbling sounds were mentioned in the Bible) and closed mine which shows what the sound maybe ..very wise of you Semper

here is the thread :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

this is serious stuff

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I just heard it twice around 30 min ago. Approximately 5-10 min apart. I'm located in Compton, CA. Best description I can give is that it sounds like a car passing by the front of the house with loud bass. Enough to hear some small shaking/rumbling in the walls. They lasted roughly 2-3 min each.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I live in NYC and I was woken up by what would appear to be the rumbling noise that everyone is describing. My first assumption was that it was construction outside, or something to that effect. I went to the window to investigate but there was nothing happening out on the streets, other than usual business anyway. The noise seemed to come from seemingly nowhere, unless there was heavy machinery in use around the other side of the building which is out of my view.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
*lurk mode off*

Strange that I would come across this topic tonight! When I was at work I walked outside and heard something similar to this noise in the OP's vid. I thought it was farming machinery sounds, it sounded like it was coming from the sky as well as the ground so I was looking around waiting for something to pull out on the street. Nothing came of it. While customers were entering they were looking around as if to see where that noise was coming from, the locals did not know what it was,, some even said they hadn't noticed and within about 15 minutes this sound was gone. I live in a small town with roughly 350 people in, and each customer that day had little to none to say about it.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaliLove310
I just heard it twice around 30 min ago. Approximately 5-10 min apart. I'm located in Compton, CA. Best description I can give is that it sounds like a car passing by the front of the house with loud bass. Enough to hear some small shaking/rumbling in the walls. They lasted roughly 2-3 min each.

WOAH... I'm in Northern CA and I heard exactly what you heard in the exact timeframe, 30 min ago and about 5-10min apart.

At first it's very easy to dismiss it as airplane noise, until you realize it doesn't fade like airplane noise. What boggled my mind further is that you're 400 miles away from me

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Regarding the east coast U.S. reports, and just the east coast ones, while looking at the map someone had posted showing the locations of reports, something struck me as familiar about the pattern of the east coast reports. Then it hit me. Nearly all the East coast reports are happening right along the Appalachian Mountain range.

en.wikipedia.org...

Now, I'd the Appalachians are the results of two plates rubbing against each other,i wonder if there is an increase in pressure between those plates.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
The Ohio sound, sounds like some kind of machinery digging into the ground, the sound would carry to the surface so it could very well be some underground boring going on....

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
As we all know sound travels. Could it be from underground drilling of deep underground militry bunkers.
(dumbs) With probable channels and openings under the surface the sound coulbe travelling that way and then coming up in an area where the ground is less dense? Just sayin....

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Thing that bugs me most with people speculating that underground drilling is happening is that they dont account for the excavated debris.

Where is it going? Its not evaporating...

Where did they start the drilling from? You cant start cutting from the center...

If they were actually drilling the the scope of it is crazy.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by grimdar

Originally posted by CaliLove310

WOAH... I'm in Northern CA and I heard exactly what you heard in the exact timeframe, 30 min ago and about 5-10min apart.

At first it's very easy to dismiss it as airplane noise, until you realize it doesn't fade like airplane noise. What boggled my mind further is that you're 400 miles away from me

Can you tell us if the sound remained the same, i.e. was it constant and didn't vary in any significant way?

This question is for anyone who has heard this happening. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by justsaying

I live on the Arkansas River and I often hear a loud rumbling noise like you are talking about. I figured out it is the barge traffic on the river. You said you live near the rivers in Memphis and I would bet that could be the source of your noise. Just a thought. I know this is not the source for the rumbling else where though!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85

Once again..just a guess

Given the bizarre and tumultuous things that have happened in this world in the past few years, it's a good idea to keep our minds open to all possibilities. We don't know all there is to know.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Not sure if this is related or not, but interesting either way.

On my way home Saturday, March 19, 2011 (Saturday evening around 6 PM,) I saw this real thick contrail, it was huge and wide. It was from Due West to Due East. What piqued my interest, was that this "thick contrail," was contrasted by another regular jet contrail, which appeared at the western end and much lower in altitude and much thinner. I thought his massive contrail was very unusual. IF it were some kind of jet it must have had about 6 engines on each wing or more to produce that massive a contrail.

Anyone see it?

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join