It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumbling noise being heard around the world...report here...

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Yesterday, I heard that noise in Detroit. At first, I thought it was a train, then a jet, then thunder, but the noise kept going for like a minute. My wife also thought it was strange. Who knows maybe a jet.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Can anyone look at the sun's current activity and recent? See if anything is out of the ordinary.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I have heard this sound on 3 occasions in Meridian, Idaho. Shook my house, scared my dogs, and set off my neighbors car alarm! It lasted for at least 10 min. but not over 20 on all occasions. all 3 times it was overcast and I dismissed it as military. I live 60 miles from Mountain Home Air Force base and 10 miles from Boise airport.

Until this thread (and others) came up I just thought of it as peculiar, but definitely took notice. All 3 occasions happened within the last 4 months as well.

I have nothing to contribute, but my experience in hopes a studious individual will catalog everyone's reports, I am not that ambitious!

Gnosis111

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I hadn't really thought much of this thread, at least not until right now. Listening out my window a little past midnight, I too hear the same rumbling sound in central Pennsylvania. It lasted for a good 10-15 minutes, but most off all it alerted me to the fact that this isn't the first time I've heard it.

March 5th I heard it too. It seemed strange to me at the time, but I figured it to be nothing major. It last about 20-30 at least before I fell asleep listening to it.

This is certainly a subject i shall be following closely now.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I hate to be a "jimmy come lately", but my wife and I heard something yesterday (Monday)...sometime in the late PM...don't recall exactly when.

Didn't give it another thought last night, wouldn't have today had it not been for this discussion. It is intriguing!
Will keep my eyes and ears on this one.

But...I have a bad feeling about this!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Since last September here in Christchurch, New Zealand.

we have had thousands of Earthquakes, including a 7.1 and a 6.3 as im sure most of you are well aware.

But there have been several incidences where there has been a loud rumble from beneath the ground, but no actual shaking, and nothing registering on any seismographs.

There was also a huge bang below the ground the other night, like a massive shotgun going off. It happened about 2am and it woke me up. My cat was lying on the end of the bed and she was liek a Stunned Rabbit for at least 15mins after it!! (yet again, no actual shaking and nothing registered on Seismographs)

I spoke to one guy at work who has also heard several of these loud bangs below ground in the last few weeks and he reckons its something to do with rock shearing or cracking due to pressures on fault lines beneath the ground.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
You beat me to the post, my little brother and I were walking our dog around 11pm about a month and a half ago and we heard this strange rumble coming from what was the NE from where we were (Miami, FL) we thought it was weird cause there were no obvious clouds and the radar on my phone showed clear skies, so I took some video with my phones camera, I'll try to post up tomorrow and maybe someone can enhance the sound

I forgot to mention this went on for about 3 or 4 nights in a row
edit on 21-3-2011 by ^anubis^ because: add content

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I heard it too here in east central Wyoming last week, but I chalked it up at the time to a strange sounding jet overhead. It would have been last week on Thursday, March 17th near midnight. I was taking the dog out for the last time that night before going to bed. I am very much a skeptic and feel that the great majority of "unexplainable" things can indeed be scientifically explained quite well, but looking back at what I heard last Thursday, dammit, it was not just a jet and I shouldn't have shrugged it off.

First of all, the sound didn't seem to be coming from just one direction, and it did not wane like the Doppler effect of a passing jet should have. It was still going on a few minutes later when the dog and I went back inside. And honestly, it didn't really even sound at all like a jet. I have to admit that my initial reaction was a subconscious knee-jerk scientist's reaction instead of really listening to it and realizing it was not normal. The sky was overcast and it was not overly windy. It was only a rumbling sound, no shaking of the ground or anything. My dog seemed interested in the sound but did not act scared or startled.

Note to self: Pay attention and remember that as much as you hate to admit it, science does not have all the answers.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Hello all, I been reading ATS posts for many months now. Just absorbing what people have to say and the responses to their posts. I just signed up so I can make a comment or 2 once in a while.
I do find it amazing, many of the extraordinary things going on in the world today and the people that see and report them.
What I do see a lot of are people that can not wait to debunk every post that comes up. It's like you all can't wait for a new post so you can degrade and demean the person telling his/her experiences. I realize many things posted here are hoax's. It is disheartening to see. But, I thought ATS was a place for open minded people.
If you all know its a sham or a hoax, why do you do a 10 page thread on bashing the person that posted it?
I think we should research all posts and get a better view of what they are trying to express before we slam them as a hoaxer.
Other then that, ATS is an awesome site and very enlightening. Be kind to your fellow ATS'rs.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MelvinTheMad
reply to post by kylioneXsushi

Hah. Just because people look at you funny when you ask for a pop, instead of Pepsi or a soda, doesn't make you a bad person...unless you don't say soda, in which case I have you beat.

Either way, you should totally just keep an ear out over the next few days and see if what you heard is a constant - if you don't hear it again, you'll at least know it was something different from the norm.

Didn't hear it during the day or evening. But I haven't been able to talk to my GF's family to find out if they heard it out in the country yet.
I'll post when I do.
Ironically, I am flying to New York in the morning. I notice that most of the phenomena has been east coast. I'll keep a couple ears out.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
yesterday morning i was jusy getting out of bed and i heard a loud noise out side i got up looked out my window and nothing in the sky went on for about 2 min then just stopped abruptly live in Indiana by the way
edit on 21-3-2011 by XVendettaX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Real-Time magnetosphere readings/models have ceased being published since the 13th. Reasons unknown. Models indicated a constant bombardment on the magnetosphere starting from the time of the Japan quake up to 13th when the the reading stopped being posted. The constant bombardment in itself was highly unusual in its duration. Very concerning. The relation possibly being these r the noise of going on with the core of the planet.
www2.nict.go.jp...
edit on 21-3-2011 by Hillbilly123069 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-3-2011 by Hillbilly123069 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ELahrairah

The sounds are not coming from the ground. They are coming from the sky.
sounds like a very large aircraft. Ive heard the other videos, and to me they are definately coming from the sky. Sounds like air being moved. This one sounds like spinning.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by gnosis111

Hey there! I'm in Boise Idaho, and I was saying in an earlier post how I heard something a few days ago. It sounded almost like a jet but not moving toward or away from me and went on for 10 or 15 seconds. You know like I do that jets fly over on occasion. I am sure I, and you, would know what a jet sounds like and this was no jet, imo. I have no clue what it was, but it definitely reminds me of the sound I used to hear just before an earthquake in California. I would remember laying in bed at night and hearing this low rumble that was very steady and not quite loud. Then an earthquake would hit. But I do not recall the ground shaking here in Boise. That is just the only thing the sound reminded me of other than a jet, thunder, or a truck, etc.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by phfaty

Where did you hear this? I want to know more.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
possible N central connecticut

just out with the dogs (like always) and sounded like wind, or waterfall from a half mile away....steady, lasting, and the dogs were freaking out, growling, and hackles up...all abnormal.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

What??????
This article does not say anything about a noise of any kind?
Its talking about radar echoes and Anomalous propagation
Anomalous propagation

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
It's a jet, probably some kind of experimental one. The flash of light is it breaking some sound/light/time barrier? Yhe sound stays the same because of some physics law maybe it's going so uber fast it sounds constant?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by phfaty

Yes actually I do find that hard to believe!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Hillbilly123069

I'm guessing that maybe they don't have electricity or may have been evacuated. Hopefully when things start getting back to normal in Japan, if they ever will, they'll be back online.

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join