It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumbling noise being heard around the world...report here...

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by dalloway
I heard it too here in east central Wyoming last week, but I chalked it up at the time to a strange sounding jet overhead. It would have been last week on Thursday, March 17th near midnight. I was taking the dog out for the last time that night before going to bed. I am very much a skeptic and feel that the great majority of "unexplainable" things can indeed be scientifically explained quite well, but looking back at what I heard last Thursday, dammit, it was not just a jet and I shouldn't have shrugged it off.

First of all, the sound didn't seem to be coming from just one direction, and it did not wane like the Doppler effect of a passing jet should have. It was still going on a few minutes later when the dog and I went back inside. And honestly, it didn't really even sound at all like a jet. I have to admit that my initial reaction was a subconscious knee-jerk scientist's reaction instead of really listening to it and realizing it was not normal. The sky was overcast and it was not overly windy. It was only a rumbling sound, no shaking of the ground or anything. My dog seemed interested in the sound but did not act scared or startled.

Note to self: Pay attention and remember that as much as you hate to admit it, science does not have all the answers.

Okay, you heard the EXACT same sound I did at the exact same time. I know it was last Thursday midnight because that was the night my boyfriend came home early and we actually had time to brush our teeth together (corny, I know), but it was also one of the only nights that we went to bed at the same time, my bedtime, and that is midnight. Everything else is exactly the same. You can see my post a ways back (I'll try to link it up if I remember). Sounded like a jet, but not, and it was not moving toward or away from me. I even used the exact words "no Doppler affect". What's even crazier is that you heard it about a state and a half away (I'm in Boise).

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Well if this is sound is the trumpet as a few people have suggested, maybe the end really near..lol

Well if it is going to happen, it will be this year, not next year..!!

The Mayan Calendar actually ends on October 28, 2011

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
This sound was in Las Vegas in the fall of 2009 for at least a week straight. I thought it was coming from the airport, but i never could tell. I remember asking friends and neighbors about it, but nothing. It was like being up close to a fighter jet, except there were no jets around.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
alright i literary just the noise this yet again grabbed my camera and started filming im uploading it to my laptop right now idk how it turned out but the dogs in my town are going crazy

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I live in margate, kent, england, there has been a low rumbling noise going on here on and off for the past week or so. The other night, early evening i thought i heard the sound of thunder, it was only short and only lasted for a few seconds, nobody was home at the time, so i don't know if anyone else heard it so i never mentioned it to anyone. But now it has got me thinking, did anyone else hear it in or near my area? Would be interesting to hear from anyone else who may of heard anything?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Elohimsciences

definitely the sky I remember looking up to see if it was thunder

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
It funny how things like this that actually people are concerned about never make it to the news. Oh thats right we would rather hear news about stuff that we really dont care about.
CNN= controlled news network

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB

What ever is causing it, it must have an enormous amount of energy. Far beyond what HAARP can ever do even with 100 Million Watts. It's got to be related to the Moon or the Sun causing the Magnetosphere to ring like bell. If was related to quakes, then detectors around the world would be going bonkers.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Which website looks at the sun's solar activity?

We need to take a look at it and see if its acting differently.

Also, there was another website that looks at the magnetic field and how it's acting. We need that website too.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB

1st time post. Great topic, I have heard that sound before but not really payed attention until now. It is definitely real so hopefully someone will provide a logical explanation that makes sense to us. I heard it last night some where between 12:00am about 2:30am just like, I believe his name is, Blood Royal did but I live just outside Detroit. It was during the thunderstorms, yes there was thunder but it was different, it lasted a lot longer and was continuous. I had my window open to listen to the rain and it was quiet for a while then it started, it sounded like a distant super long muffled echo of an explosion between two mountains that resonated back and forth for at least 10 minutes. After a while, I thought it was a jet flying past but a jet would have passed by quickly and that sound changes. I did also see one flash of light to the east, in the direction of the storms but it was very bright and I waited for the thunder but there was none. That caught my attention and I looked to see if maybe someone was out back with a flashlight but it was during a rain storm. Anyways, I have no idea what it was but I will definitely know it if I hear it again, maybe it was caused by some interaction between the earth and the conditions the storm created in the atmosphere.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by VenomVile.6

Yeah. She said there were others in her building looking around for the sound.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13

Originally posted by dalloway
I heard it too here in east central Wyoming last week, but I chalked it up at the time to a strange sounding jet overhead. It would have been last week on Thursday, March 17th near midnight. I was taking the dog out for the last time that night before going to bed. I am very much a skeptic and feel that the great majority of "unexplainable" things can indeed be scientifically explained quite well, but looking back at what I heard last Thursday, dammit, it was not just a jet and I shouldn't have shrugged it off.

First of all, the sound didn't seem to be coming from just one direction, and it did not wane like the Doppler effect of a passing jet should have. It was still going on a few minutes later when the dog and I went back inside. And honestly, it didn't really even sound at all like a jet. I have to admit that my initial reaction was a subconscious knee-jerk scientist's reaction instead of really listening to it and realizing it was not normal. The sky was overcast and it was not overly windy. It was only a rumbling sound, no shaking of the ground or anything. My dog seemed interested in the sound but did not act scared or startled.

Note to self: Pay attention and remember that as much as you hate to admit it, science does not have all the answers.

Okay, you heard the EXACT same sound I did at the exact same time. I know it was last Thursday midnight because that was the night my boyfriend came home early and we actually had time to brush our teeth together (corny, I know), but it was also one of the only nights that we went to bed at the same time, my bedtime, and that is midnight. Everything else is exactly the same. You can see my post a ways back (I'll try to link it up if I remember). Sounded like a jet, but not, and it was not moving toward or away from me. I even used the exact words "no Doppler affect". What's even crazier is that you heard it about a state and a half away (I'm in Boise).

Whoa. Now I am really concerned. I wondered if anyone would pop up to corroborate my experience. I don't think you could get much more of a corroboration than that! Like I said, I am a skeptic by nature, but this has me freaked out a little bit. What was the weather like over in Boise at the time? I am in Casper, WY by the way. If either of us hears it again, we should agree to message each other to compare notes.

Edit: I backtracked and found your original post about hearing it last week. That is uncanny, especially the Doppler effect thing! I did a paper years ago in school on the Doppler effect and have always been fascinated by it.
edit on 22-3-2011 by dalloway because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
youtu.be...

video i just took about a half hour ago was sitting in my room with my window open and all of a sudden this loud noise came out of nowhere
edit on 22-3-2011 by XVendettaX because: wrong link

edit on 22-3-2011 by XVendettaX because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2011 by XVendettaX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I joined to post this. I live in Phenix City, Alabama which is right outside Fort Benning Military base. I heard the rumbling sound a few nights ago. I don't know how long it went on because I was really into something but I finally noticed the house was shaking and my dogs were going nuts. I'm used to hearing low flying military planes go over. I'm right under their flight path and they skim the trees it seems. So I know the planes. This was not a plane. It was not cloudy, nor stormy. It was just a normal night. I went outside to look for something it was so loud and scary. After about 10 minutes it stopped, not suddenly but just a gradual fade.

I don't know if it helps but maybe it helps a little. And being near the base makes it even weirder.

Thanks for reading.
Misty

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
i was reading another thread... and the poster reffered the readers to this thread stating..." we will all see whats coming soon." he went into depth about another species besides humans ... its very trippy stuff indeed. take care everybody...

edit on 22-3-2011 by gloomyblue707 because: must be tired

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Can people stop argueing and come up with what is the real cause of this strange loud sounds.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
The first thing I thought was wow there sure is a violent storm going on outside. So I looked outside and there wasn't. It was just overcast and alot of lightning. Not streaks of lightning, more like flashes in the clouds. It was loud and it kept going for 20 minutes without a break in the pattern. The only thing I could think of to call it was extremly long thunder. It was going on long enough for me to get nervous enough to investigate and no tornados were reported. I have just never heard thunder like that and I thought it was interesting to see a top posting about something I have been trying to figure out since i expierenced it. I can't find an explanation either. While it was going on in the first 5 minutes I got so scared I woke my husband up and told him there might be a tornado. Then I turned on the weather and there were no tornado warnings. I opened the window and looked up and there were alot of thick clouds. It really didn't get loud then quiet like normal thunder. You know how you can count to see how far the storm is away and if it is getting closer or farther away. It just stayed loud for 20 minutes. It was early in the wee hours of the morning still dark when it began and when it stopped it was light.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
sorry to burst your bubbles...

Noise from gas pipeline causes frustration, concerns

TAMPA PALMS - Brad Page has become accustomed to the rumble of traffic on Interstate 75, fronting his home in the Estates at River Park subdivision.

But he was ill-prepared for the deafening sound from a new natural gas pipeline being installed nearby.

A utility company representative apologized, saying the test is conducted infrequently but is necessary to ensure the integrity of the pipeline.

Florida Gas Transmission is running the pipeline adjacent to I-75 through parts of Tampa Palms Area 1, the TPOST Community Development District Area 3 and on Tampa Electric Co.-owned property adjacent to Area 1.

Page lives in Area 1 south of the junction to I-75 and Bruce B. Downs Boulevard.

An apparent pump used during testing of the FGT pipeline has rattled the neighborhood and unnerved nearby residents, including Page and his two young children, at least three times since March 4.

"It sounded like a jet engine," Page said, describing the noise he measured at about 95 decibels the evening of March 4.

The same night, Maggie Wilson, a consultant with the Tampa Palms Community Development District, recorded a reading of about 110 decibels near the construction site, she said.

Page suspects Wilson's reading was probably more accurate.

"It was outrageous," he said. Page took his children out to dinner to get away from the noise.

The high-pitch sound began about 4:30 p.m. March 4 and continued nonstop until about 11:30 p.m., Page said. Similar tests were conducted March 5 and 8, but the noisy periods were shorter.

Page said FGT representatives told residents the tests would produce a sound that would not exceed about 60 decibels during the day or 55 decibels at night and would end before 9:30 p.m.

Page expressed his frustration at the Tampa Palms CDD meeting last week. He also noted his displeasure with the removal of berms and native vegetation, which served to buffer the sound of interstate traffic.

FGT built a temporary sound barrier opposite Page's property on Yardley Way about three weeks ago to reduce noise at the construction site. "I'm sure it reduced it some" but not enough, Page said.

John Barnett, a spokesman for FGT, said the sound the residents heard was probably from a pump on the construction site during the testing.

FGT conducted hydrostatic tests on the pipeline over several days, Barnett said. Water was pumped into the pipeline and held with pressure to test the integrity of the pipe, to check for leaks or other potential problems before it goes into service.

"The tests itself is not that frequent," said Barnett, adding that the sound the residents heard should not be a reoccurring problem.

"If it (the high-pitch sound) went that late, we apologize," he said of the March 4 incident.

The project followed the CSX rail corridor through both Hernando and Pasco counties and along U.S. 41 before reaching Hillsborough County. It is part of a $2.4 billion expansion of a gas pipe, spanning 5,000 miles from Houston to South Florida.

The pipeline started in south Texas traveled north to the Florida Panhandle then turned south down the Gulf Coast en route to Manatee County, where it will head east toward Miami-Dade County.

Tampa Palms CDD Chairman Gene Field noted Page had "put the board on notice" to seek regular project updates.

For its part, the board of supervisors set aside about $216,000 for reforestation, pond and landscaping improvement projects on district-owned land used for the pipeline expansion.

The targeted site in Area 1 is a sliver of land between I-75 and Tampa Palms' Enclave village. It covers 2.74 acres of permanent easement and 1.6 acres of temporary construction easement adjacent to a district pond west of the interstate.

Last year FGT paid the district about $400,000 to compensate it for the loss of use of the property.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by h4y6d2e

But how do you explain others hearing it in other locations, like where I am out on the high plains? Also, it is absolutely not a high pitched noise, but is in fact a very low pitch, like a rumble, not like a whine.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Well guess I will give my 2 cents here. Being from Oklahoma and living in a family of oilfield workers these sounds sound like there venting gas from a oil well or gas well and they last for 5mins to hours.

First video is venting straight into the air.
www.youtube.com

2nd video is venting into a mud pit.
www.youtube.com

The 2nd video has that reverb sound to it.

edit on 22-3-2011 by Oklastatefan because: (no reason given)

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join