It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumbling noise being heard around the world...report here...

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB

Now this is just getting really weird i mean ive seen, or rather heard a few videos now with this weird rumbling noise. it doesnt sound natural but i only think that because it seems to go on for so long and i cant pin point anything natural that has characteristics like that. hmmm very interesting S+F

(Y)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by robotoverlord
We live just South of Pittsburgh in South Western Pennsylvania. We're right on the edge of the Appalachian mountains. I don't recall the exact date, but we heard the rumbling sound approximately 3 to 4 weeks ago. It seemed to be coming from the south east. I saw a few flashes of what I thought was heat lightning. My assumption at the time was that there must be so much heat lightning (cloud to cloud) that it was causing a constant rumble of thunder. However, you usually don't hear thunder from heat lightning, which is what made the sound so out of place.

I live in SW Virginia, surrounded by the Appalachian mountains in the Roanoke Valley, and there was heat lightning here this evening. I first noticed the heat lightning on the way home from a friend's place, and when I was outside at home, there was some rumbling going on that I might say was the airport too except the airport is a good 20 minute drive out at least and I've never noticed hearing the airport from here before. Maybe some generators in the distance or something, I don't know. It definitely wasn't as loud as what was in the video I saw from Florida.

I was thinking though, what if the magnetic field is weakening so much that solar radiation is having some effect on the atmosphere, like sucking air out like a vacuum or something? Maybe that's not possible. I don't know that either.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Does anyone watch youtuber "Dustchsine"? He just talked about this noise in Florida, talked about the awakening of the crustal plate across the southeast and up into Quebec. I highly recommend it, this really might explain this sound.

Video

Just watch the first 4 minutes (roughly) he talks about it there.
edit on 21/3/2011 by TheSparrowSings because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I live in south NJ and heard something this morning too. But there was a storm that ripped through real early in the am so I just thought it was distant thunder or something related to that. This "ducting" theory sounds interesting and plausible...but just odd that its something that all of a sudden people hear now...very weird.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
These "air quakes" have been going on since the late 1970's, especially along the East Coast.

Usually they are just a "sonic boom" with no aircraft in sight, other times they are ongoing for a number of minutes.

What they are is anyone's guess, but here is a link to some suggestions...take them with a grain of salt.

www.rumormillnews.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Wrong post.. Disregard..
edit on 21-3-2011 by Digital_Reality because: wrong post

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Wow, I just got home after being gone all day and there's 27 pages to respond to...thanks to everyone who's contributed!!!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Approaching hoofbeats of the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OuttaHere

My husband and I heard something last night around this same time. Since it was raining cats and dogs outside we didn't go outside to check it out. I live in Pasadena, CA where the only thing around here that makes noise is the freeway...lol! Anyway, I'm not far from JPL/NASA (like a mile or so) and I just figured maybe something was going on up in the mountains with them, so we ind of ignored it and went on with our evening. My sister in law works at JPL and I asked her today if she knew of anything going on at her job that would produce a pulsing sound she said no and even if she did she couldn't tell me about it. She did however say that she heard the same thing and she lives in Covina which is about 20 miles from here.

This is very strange indeed...don't know what to think of it all

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
im in central texas haven't heard anything,but i seriously believe that has to do with the biggest earthquake recorded by modern history,

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Interesting video but earthquakes on a semi-significant scale happen constantly...all day every day all around the world. This guy is interpreting every day data as some significant thing that is just now happening.

Originally posted by TheSparrowSings
Does anyone watch youtuber "Dustchsine"? He just talked about this noise in Florida, talked about the awakening of the crustal plate across the southeast and up into Quebec. I highly recommend it, this really might explain this sound.

Video

Just watch the first 4 minutes (roughly) he talks about it there.
edit on 21/3/2011 by TheSparrowSings because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I lived on the Big Island of Hawaii for a good while, and a bit of that was in Hilo. While in Hilo on cloudy nights you would occasionally hear a really loud rumble that would go on for 10-15 mins at a time. It was different than the normal jet noises and was only at night when there was cloud cover. Just thought I'd put that out there.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
For what it's worth, these rumblings sound exactly like something I have heard many times.

I used to live out in the middle of nowhere in Scotland up near Braemar / Aboyne area and in the dead of winter often spectacular Aurora Borealis (northern lights) were seen in the middle of the night and they had this exact far off rumbling noise, quite loud. Not always did this sound accompany the lights and sometimes it was quieter than before. It never altered with the lights in any way, it was a constant far off rumble.

I have searched around for videos of the Aurora Borealis with sound in the usual places but cant seem to find any, most videos of it tend to be time lapse and/or with music dubbed over them. It's a shame, because for me personally the noise was always the best part. I would go outside in the freezing cold to look as well as listen. I cant find anything online about the sound but I do recall it was mentioned in the movie Local Hero (1983)

That really is what this sounds like to me. I've heard it before. I theorise for whatever reason a similar phenomenon to the Aurora Borealis is occuring in places where it normally doesent but not visible in the same way as they are closer to the poles. The obvious culprit seems like increased sunspot activity or clouds of solar debris hitting us.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB

lets get this straight..you don't know when the vid was posted(which is what would make your point relevant to your entire post
but..it doesn't matter because YOU just seen it? LOL..you're idea and most peoples idea of relevant information are 2 different things and you should not be allowed to post threads for spreading misinformation,unintentional or not..but since you can..I heard we bombed Japan for what they did in pearl harbour recently..you might dig that story. der der derp

edit on 21-3-2011 by Nebulous1973 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-3-2011 by Nebulous1973 because: Its a secret

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
i live next to an international airport,

so i hear all kinds of stuff, in hk.

my dog is an idiot at night, maybe she is hearing things.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
No thunder/lion roar sound in N. California.

Someone asked about the references in Revelations to thunder sound...

King James Revelations 10:1-4:

1And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire:

2And he had in his hand a little book open: and he set his right foot upon the sea, and his left foot on the earth,

3And cried with a loud voice, as when a lion roareth: and when he had cried, seven thunders uttered their voices.

4And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not.

King James Revelations 14:1-3:

1And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

2And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:

3And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by angus1745

That would then validate people's theories that it's something to do with the magnetic field or whatever

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
What is really telling is the flash of light at the end of the Florida video. As soon as the flash occurred, the sound dissipated. Based on what I saw, it would appear to be a charged atmosphere and when charged enough, it results in a powerful burst of energy displayed as light which acts as a conduit to release this energy.

So, its like lightning, but is contained within a localized area and the charges remain in the cloud/atmosphere instead of striking ground. The charges set up an oscillation within the atmosphere and cause the sound to amplify. You can hear these oscillations and interference when they collide.

So, what is causing this atmospheric phenomenon?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
this is really amazing..i think i heard this last night in atlanta. we live near a highway so think nothing of sounds outside, but last night around 8 there was a rumbling sound loud enough to call attention to itself. i went outside and thought it was a low flying plane, but it lasted long enough to make me think twice about it being an aircraft. went back inside and then forgot about it, until reading this thread. strange.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
The theory on the videos comments section was it being wind shear from a nearby wind farm. I don't believe that, since all witnesses claim to feel the ground shaking too.

Just putting it out there.

Sounds like a pressure safety valve releasing, it has that oscolating noise caused by the valve fluttering.

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join