It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allied Forces Begin Military Action Against Libya - Live Updates

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by kroms33

Originally posted by Skellon
reply to post by SyphonX

So, a member states that 'they' are now discussing troops on the ground, I ask for proof of this and then you condescend me with something that hasn't happened. (speculation)

Technically, they already have troops on the ground - who do you think is pointing the laser devices at the targets for the bombing runs (painting targets)?

Technically they dont already have troops on the ground. Unless you can confirm that they were "painting targets" with SLAH and not using a Tercom GPS system.
edit on 20-3-2011 by hbpdfsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

Can't you read? Until proven otherwise yes!. I'm not saying it can't be proven otherwise but it must proven!

link   

Can't you read? Until proven otherwise yes!. I'm not saying it can't be proven otherwise but it must proven!

link   

link   

I've been trying to find a source for this speculation on Ground Troops.

Guess it could be a rumor. But if you were to launch 110 missles plus, who would you trust that your hitting the right target?

A Libyan or your own troops.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Milatary push against Qaddafi in full swing

This is coming in from Russia Today.

A multi-national force has launched a series of strikes against Muammar Gaddafi's forces in Libya. Gaddafi responded by attacking the city of Benghazi. As a result of the military actions, reportedly 48 were killed and 150 injured.

It will be interesting to see where these strikes are aimed at and what the co-lateral damage will be. Could this be another situation similiar to the bombing of Belgrade, where NATO forces aimed at civilian targets?

Libyan state TV channel Al Jamahiriya reported that the Western coalition has conducted several air strikes on the Libyan capital, Tripoli, on Sunday morning.

According to Libya this is the case

Libyan officials also claim that during Saturday’s attack, Western missiles hit civilian targets, among them a hospital in Tripoli and a fuel storage depot in Misurata.

edit on 20-3-2011 by SpeachM1litant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I think the thing to deduce from this is trying to spin Special Forces and Recon teams into a full scale invasion and occupying mission is an extreme stretch. Especially considering there are foreign military cells operating in all countries gathering intelligence and painting targets while those countries revise their plans on how to annihilate everybody except them.

link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Enough of this C R A P Right Winger war monger

Oh Jeez, profanity. Does nothing but prove you don't have much upstairs to argue with! "War Monger". Hmmmmmm I'm about freeing the Libyan people from the grip of tyrant. No war mongering here. laughing at your massive fail of an attempt to distort an argument. lol lol!

dont make me laugh at your post your really clueless.

Not half as clueless as you hahahahaha!

btw your country Australia has tons of corruption why no uprising eh?

What has this to do with Australia other than you trying to deliver an insult? It's all about Libya! Respected foe? what do think that means to me? hahahahahahaha!

The Libyan people are about to be liberated. A great time for them!
edit on 20-3-2011 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

link   
wow the basques of spain will be lovin this
after libya it will be on to free the palistinians
then the basques of spain
the quebecers in Canada
the kurds in southern turkey is it...
the abouriginies of OZ
got free them mate
Can't imajine a more repressed peoples then them or a more evil government then the commonwealth....

The illegal mexicans in the US
VIVA LA RAZA
save the underdogs !!!

KILL KILL KILL

we need 85 eprcent population reduction and vaccines are only going to get about 15 percents....

edit on 20-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

same thing in Libya the only interest they have is OIL.

How do you know this for sure? Gut feeling eh? Show your proof! Hmmmmm

This is being done to free the Libyan people from a terrible terrorist dictator who has instilled fear in the masses for way too long. Now Egypt and other nations have broken the seal the people are finally feeling confident enough to stand up to this tyrant! Freedom for the Libyan people!

Oil! That is really paranoid!

Oil reserves in Libya are the largest in Africa and the ninth largest in the world

Iraq has proven oil reserves of 143.1 billion barrels, the world's 2nd largest.

Kuwait is the world's eleventh largest oil producer and seventh largest exporter . Kuwait's oil production accounts for 7% of world-wide oil production.

I don't think it is paranoid to think it is about oil at all - I would call it logical strategic positioning.
Yeah... it's about oil.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

Phat you men the NWO that Kissinger talks about? www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by kroms33

they have to control the supply of oil ever since the peak oil scam was exposed and oil was discovered to be abiotic
this war is as righteous as the deepwater disaster that we all know was done on purpose.
guess who will pay for this at the pumps too
some elffin dimmies
till the petro dollar can't find anymore war to hold it up

edit on 20-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by kroms33

You can quote the facts and figures but where is your proof other than useless facts and gut feelings? If it's about oil only prove it beyond all doubt. Until then it's a humanitarian effort and paranoid to think otherwise!

Not a good thing to alter somebodies post in your reply to stress a point. Downright cowardly and rude really!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

Nice attempt to derail my question.
But you did not have an answer so, i will disregard your post and ask of the others the same question.

Speaking of civilians....
Do we know how many of them are dead yet, because of this UN humanitarian mission?
I am curious.

Bombs generally do not drop without folks being killed.
I find these folks are generally civilians.
But even if they are military, how many will die because of this "Humanitarian" mission?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

seen that before. thanks anyway. But someone talking about it is not proof beyond all doubt

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

Liberated like the people of Iraq and Afghanistan? It is important to be more analytical of a situation like this. If histories lessons are forgoten by, we the people, then history is bound to repeat itself.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Let's Please Remember Our Manners

Without pointing at any specific posts, there is too much ad hominem working its way into this thread. Even though the subject is important and emotions may run high, insults or other forms of personal commentary are never on-topic or appropriate for our forums.

So let's please remember to respect the rights of other members to express their opinions, including (especially!) those we may disagree with, and help keep this thread relevant and on track.

Thanks to everyone who didn't need to be reminded.

Some handy references I'm sure you'll drop everything and read:

ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics

Please Stay On Topic

And, if necessary: Why Me?

edit on 3/20/2011 by Majic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

If you want to put it that way that's your opinion. My conscious is clear!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by kroms33

You can quote the facts and figures but where is your proof other than useless facts and gut feelings? If it's about oil only prove it beyond all doubt. Until then it's a humanitarian effort and paranoid to think otherwise!

Not a good thing to alter somebodies post in your reply to stress a point. Downright cowardly and rude really!

The best proof one could provide is, why dosen't America and Nato intervene in nations which aren't oil rich and nations which are oil rich but allies. Saudi Arabia has occupied Bahrain, yet America says little to nothing about it. Genocide occured in Rawanda to an even larger scale, yet nothing was done. America's policy is one of isolation when you have nothing they want and one of intervention when you do.

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join