It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allied Forces Begin Military Action Against Libya - Live Updates

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by martin3030
Latest news reported by BBC says China has said it regrets the actions being taken,and goes on to say that it respects the rights of Sovreign nations.
This follows Russia earlier saying the same.
Also the African Union has called for a cease on any further attacks by Western forces.

I could be wrong, but didnt Russia and China have a chance to veto the no fly zone resolution?...If I remember correctly they abstained from voting........

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

China joins Russia in expressing regret about the attacks on Libya.

Isn't it funny how they express regret considering it is something they could have prevented from happening in the first place?

Abstain and Regret

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

So, a member states that 'they' are now discussing troops on the ground, I ask for proof of this and then you condescend me with something that hasn't happened. (speculation)

I'm all for 'alternate views and opinions' but not when someone interjects with speculation as a reason for not asking for evidence.

However, back on topic.
edit on 20-3-2011 by Skellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
Uh why couldn't they just stop at shooting down Libyan jets and helicopters and maybe antiaircraft batteries there and there... Now they're talking about ground troops.

Who is talking about ground troops?.....

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Okay so....

Quaddafi committing genocide against his people is suddenly forgiven because America the UK and France step in and impose a no fly zone. Quaddafi was bombing his own people because Libya is in a full state of revolution. None of the countries are occupying Libya and these countries are only targeting airfields and keeping the Libyan Air Force out the air to stop the Libyan Air Force from bombing it's own people.

Of course China and Russia are going to disagree with it because Quadaffi is the Leader of the African Union. Africa has a few countries that are OPEC countries also. If Quaddafi is removed from power OPEC suddenly has to renegotiate a contract with a very important oil producing country within it's ranks and with the Rebels wanting to nationalize the Oil industry in Libya OPEC is in a state of panic because they will actually have to compete in the oil markets again. What you are witnessing is the last Hoorah of OPEC trying to suck every last penny they can out of everyone while they still have a monopoly on the oil trade.

I just find it funny how something good is actually happening in the world that threatens the current power structure and actually changes the course that the world is going down, yet the thread is filled with replies about how the western world is evil for bombing military bases to impose a no fly zone while Quaddafi is bombing and murdering his own people.

I was under the impression that one less Genocidal Dictator out of power was a good thing. The rebels are going to keep pushing whether there is a No-Fly Zone or not. The faster this gets over with the faster things can go back to "normal" (meaning markets being "stable").

So let's make this clear so everyone is on the same page here.

Quaddafi out of power means, African Union will need new leadership. Which could and most likely will lead to a less powerful OPEC and an African Union that could actually be used to help it's people instead of being used to fatten the pockets of the War Profiteers in Africa that are not only committing genocide against it's own people, but also still practicing slavery.

Quaddafi in power means, the same ole BS we have been dealing with for the past 3 or 4 decades.

There really isn't much bad that can happen with Quaddafi being removed from power. In fact good things can happen if he is removed. If everything goes as planned the west will end up being a sort of useful UN power that will allow developing nations to enter into first world status. Which threatens countries like China because the developing nations in Africa could nationalize all the resources of the country and kick China and other countries out causing the influence that China and other countries have in the world to diminish.

Also, I don't really see how the rebels can't be successful once Quaddafi isn't able to bomb them anymore and every country in the world knows this. This knocks the progress the BRIC countries have made(aka fat cat banksters committing treason because they blew the bottom out of America ship causing it to sink) to absolutely nill, or in short America's ship gets rebuilt from the wreckage of the treasonous banksters or the banksters finally get whats coming to them, to break it down even further. It also inspires more revolution to take place and China and Russia are already having their own social problems. The last thing China and Russia and other countries already on the verge of revolution need is their people thinking they can overthrow their governments.

I don't know about y'all, but the thought of the old guard being destroyed (aka NWO, if you believe in that) makes me happy.
edit on 20-3-2011 by Hastobemoretolife because: changed "practice" to "practicing".

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Libya - hmmmph what to say...

Is there any way off this rock? Seriously – I need a spaceship and a hand full of non-violent people who would like to accompany my family and friends and get the hell out of here. We are eleven years into the 21st century and look at the mess humanity has created. From radioactive fall out to crazed dictators who kill innocents, government corruption, banks bleeding people dry, racism, classism, violence, bloodshed... where does it end folks? :shk:

This entire situation is like the Titanic tragedy, it lacks the lifeboats for the sane people to abandon ship - and the majority of the people 'controlling' humanity is the iceberg that sank the ocean-liner.

SOS: Save Our Ship! Save Our Souls! Sink Or Swim!
Get me the hell out of here so I can actually raise my son in a just and safe environment!!!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

edit on 20-3-2011 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by kroms33

Gandhi: "Be the change you want to see in the world." Instead of wishing yourself off this rock why don't you change it.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

I have been trying... seriously. I really really have. I don't know what else to do. I have tried and tried, I don't have the financial backing - but I struggle each and every day to make this place much better... but LOOK at it!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skellon
reply to post by KilrathiLG

The economy was in a dire state prior to WWI and WW2.

War is an industry of profit and the above fact is reason for great concern in light of the 'odd' series of Arab unrest of late.

The US didn't make money from the War. If they did, it's because during the War the US transformed into the biggest manufacturer at the time. The US didn't really go to War until Pearl Harbor and it wasn't about money. Unless Pearl Harbor was a conspiracy to get the US involved by some shadow Government, which I highly doubt.

Or maybe I'm clueless.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skellon
reply to post by SyphonX

So, a member states that 'they' are now discussing troops on the ground, I ask for proof of this and then you condescend me with something that hasn't happened. (speculation)

Technically, they already have troops on the ground - who do you think is pointing the laser devices at the targets for the bombing runs (painting targets)?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Quaddafi out of power means, African Union will need new leadership. Which could and most likely will lead to a less powerful OPEC and an African Union that could actually be used to help it's people instead of being used to fatten the pockets of the War Profiteers in Africa that are not only committing genocide against it's own people, but also still practice slavery.

excuse me but america is ruining Iraq like its own puppet amercia will do the same thing in Libya the only interest they have is OIL.

Come back here 5 years from now and tell me how are the Libyans doing.

Heck even Bosnia, Serbia leaders are western pro American puppets leaders
edit on 20-3-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I've been trying to find a source for this speculation on Ground Troops..... i believe it was going to happen either way... but a valid source would be better then rumors starting

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

same thing in Libya the only interest they have is OIL.

How do you know this for sure? Gut feeling eh? Show your proof! Hmmmmm

This is being done to free the Libyan people from a terrible terrorist dictator who has instilled fear in the masses for way too long. Now Egypt and other nations have broken the seal the people are finally feeling confident enough to stand up to this tyrant! Freedom for the Libyan people!

Oil! That is really paranoid!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Quaddafi out of power means, African Union will need new leadership. Which could and most likely will lead to a less powerful OPEC and an African Union that could actually be used to help it's people instead of being used to fatten the pockets of the War Profiteers in Africa that are not only committing genocide against it's own people, but also still practice slavery.

excuse me but america is ruining Iraq like its own puppet amercia will do the same thing in Libya the only interest they have is OIL.

Come back here 5 years from now and tell me how are the Libyans doing.

Heck even Bosnia, Serbia leaders are western pro American puppets leaders

indeed as soon as they 'Take Him Out' it will be Iraq all over again as far as the 'Staying' to establish a 'Democracy'

they pick and choose who they deem necessary to aid... quite the coincidence it's 'Oil' or 'power position places' innit

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

same thing in Libya the only interest they have is OIL.

How do you know this for sure? Gut feeling eh? Show your proof! Hmmmmm

This is being done to free the Libyan people from a terrible terrorist dictator who has instilled fear in the masses for way too long. Now Egypt and other nations have broken the seal the people are finally feeling confident enough to stand up to this tyrant! Freedom for the Libyan people!

Oil! That is really paranoid!

and your 'Proof'.. or 'Gut Feeling'?

if this was about aiding the 'People' they would have never let it escalate this far... and why 'Libya'? are there not other 'Repressed' people in the world?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Right, because our western nations have so much of a better record when compared with something that happened in 1989.

Don't try to be appalled about that unless you have equal feelings about the actions of our (supposedly) democratic nations in Iraq and Afghanistan.

And don't try to tell me that we've done this for humanitarian reasons. We've done it for political advantage, plain and simple.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by kroms33

Technically of course, but 'boots on the ground' is usually a reference to the deployment of an invading or 'liberating' force consisting of infantry and other ground assets.

Special Forces operating as recon or FAC (Forward Air Controllers) was a given in my mind.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

and your 'Proof'.. or 'Gut Feeling'?

The proof is in the official story!. Contrary to what many paranoid people here think the official story is right sometimes! Until there is solid and credible proof contrary to the official story it is a fact! lol!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
So the 'News' say the 'Government' said it was for 'Humanitarian Reasons'

so that is what we must believe?

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join