It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allied Forces Begin Military Action Against Libya - Live Updates

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

French Military fires on Libyan vehicle

www.sky.com

French president Nicolas Sarkozy says allied forces are already in action over Libya, following a summit of world leaders.
(visit the link for the full news article)

RT News
edit on 19/3/2011 by JakiusFogg because: More info

Aljazeera also confirms French have attacked and destroyed a Libyan Target
Al Jazeera
edit on 19/3/2011 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

[

edit on Sat Mar 19 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: title change to reflect source title

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
This just breaking:

A spokesman for the French Government has confirm that in addition to French Jets being in the air over Libya. They have not fired on a Libyan military vehicle.

Details are very strange on this, and this is just coming through from the AP.

Hilary Clinton in Paris was very cagey, however MSM suspects that cruise missiles will be employed later.

However it now seems official, it has started. Where it will stop, no one knows.

www.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

just minutes after the summit....

probably as Clinton was speaking on el-jazera tv.. LOL!!

lets make this Quick.....

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Legion Etrangere will be there for sure

+12 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
And so the war begins......
Anybody else a little nervous about this?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Where will it stop... Well when Gadaffi is dead of course.

These multi decade ruling dictators of the world need to realize their days are numbered... But this Gadaffi fellow really has a death wish, ignoring the UN and the world like he is.

This entire campaign should really not extend beyond a week if I had to speculate.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by lea room

no need to be nervous, it won't take long. I'm just confused as to why the Americana are holding back.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by lea room

The US top brass is eager to stress that this is NOT lead by them, and that Arab "partners" are in agreement and giving contribution.

I feel the US has had their arm pulled, as although they say they are behind this 100% in support of civilians. The body language, especially from Clinton does not support this.

Either it is against US interests, or not sufficiently in support of them. Whereas France is drastically affected by this. HOwever the US cannot be seen to be selective in support of "allies"

We will see what happens when this starts to affect oil prices. and if what is happening in Bahrain speads to the Shia populace in Saudi Arabia. Especially if Tehran gets involved.

All eyes on them now I suppose. It has potential to seriously fracture the region.

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Hehehe ..no fly zone crap ....is that vehicle flying? You should change the name of the thread ...".Elite wants to took control of Libya and their resources with force "

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Also confirmed that a Naval Block is in place in the Med, Including French Frigate, British Ships, rumours of a Spanish Sub.

US forces in Italy getting ready also it seems. Live updates coming in all the while

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
WW3 fase 2. Watch Iran closely now

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by noordmo

Definitely the LE will be there. Hanging out with their mates the SAS. It's the place they feel most happy since WW2

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

As soon as I heard Obama last night outlining the condition on the UN Resultion1973. it was obvious to me at least that these were conditions that would be met by Qadaffi. And so the result would be inevitable.

Seems the French already knew this and have taken preemptive action before all the political threads are tied up.

Talk about tipping you hand!!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I don't think so. They are not supposed to deploy ground forces, I think. The rebels are supposed to do this work.
edit on 19-3-2011 by ickylevel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours
WW3 fase 2. Watch Iran closely now

Clinton warns Iran

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
Hehehe ..no fly zone crap ....is that vehicle flying? You should change the name of the thread ...".Elite wants to took control of Libya and their resources with force "

Read the resolution. It isn't just a no fly zone that has been set up but rather it is just part of it. The main thrust of the UNSC resolution is "protecting civilians", which in this context is diplo-speak for supporting the rebels.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Turn on CNN it says French plane opens fire on Libyan tank! First blood

www.cnn.com...
edit on 19-3-2011 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ickylevel

Not supposed to be, however it has not stopped them previously. The SAS was already on the ground helping oil workers when this kicked off.

Where are the "rebels" getting their hardware?

I would lay money that Special forces are on the ground, running guerrilla tactics, and scoping targets.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Yep it's all confirmed. Expect more very soon.

Would expect full on strikes to start overnight.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Yep it's all confirmed. Expect more very soon.

Would expect full on strikes to start overnight.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join