learn more

Allied Forces Begin Military Action Against Libya - Live Updates

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

OK Maybe an overstatement, however I saw a graphic showing that France does in fact get the majaority of it's oil from Libya.

And now we are in this Union where we have to act as one. we had to follow the French as they seemed so eager to go at it, Certainly the UK would be eager for this one. However the like of Germany are holding back a little, but still providing "support". Following this, I just feel the US was backed into a corner to agree based on the Ghosts of Iraq and Afghanistan. However it puts them in a good position to keep an eye on Iran.

Clinton actually made reference to this in her statement made in Paris tonight.

i.e. if you don't agree with what we will do, don't stand in the way, just abstain.

That is simply tacit agreement.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Why are the French trying to control the region & invade Libya?
They are only doing these strikes because of the oil.
When a civilian dies, I guess the French are intentionally targeting and killing civilians. Baby killers!
Why are they getting involved? We should just let them work it out for themselves because that is why that part of the region hates the West. The French must be trying to spread their empire. LOL

Wow, what a bunch of hypocrites around here. LOL
Let's see......when the U.S. takes the lead, everyone screams how bad America is but when the French takes the lead everything is ok and that bad leader of Libya must be destroyed.
edit on 3/19/2011 by WhatTheory because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

Israel Sends 50,000 African Mercenaries to Libya to Fight for Gaddafi !

socioecohistory.wordpress.com...

this is about using the uS to drive up the price of gass in america so that america can be totally subjigated
this of course is hillarious.
you get what you deserve I guess...

after the SELF admission recently that it was US special forces that blew up the iraqi oil wells and NOT SADDAM..
oh you payed for that too

gotta keep that oil tied up to drive the price up.....since peak oil turned out to be a LIE
ha ha, jokes on U($) AGAIN!
like *football in the groin* where the quarterback dings himself...repeatedly
suckers.
edit on 19-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)
edit on 19-3-2011 by Danbones because: spelling

Original source:
Press TV Iran

Sounds like Iranian propaganda. Yes, Israel is just as bad in the propaganda department. They both make *&^$% up....

edit on 3/19/2011 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
OK, UK Gov just went into Cobra

Sky ticker is way

"World leader confirm that they are taking IMMEDIATE MILITARY ACTION" against Libya.

The whole thing on the resolution was set in such a way that this outcome could not have been any other way.

Just an absolute set up.

I am not saying that Gadaffi should not be dealt with, however I fin the reasoning behind this suspect.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I truly believe if the US was leading the show, most of Gaddafi military would have been targeted from the first hour of the resolution passing.

But I believe the US chose to be in the background to give them some wiggle room for other Arab (partners) countries who find themselves in similar situations.

Bet Bahrain doesn't get their no fly zone.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

Press TV

I like this one "France invades Libya"

Technically according to perspective it's true

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Sky Now reporting French Military stating, SEVERAL targets now engaged.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
Sky Now reporting French Military stating, SEVERAL targets now engaged.

7:52pm
French warplanes hit four pro-Gaddafi tanks on the outskirts of Benghazi in that strike that we reported earlier, sources have told Al Jazeera. There is no immediate word on casualties.

blogs.aljazeera.net...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

*sigh*
"Leave the bashing to us..."
I wish I could
but football in the groin....
thats worth a few replays.

This is a play for the peeps and this time it is going to be really expensive.
nothing left to do but carpetbagg on Ebay as the US economy tanks and before the canadian one follows it down. I guess

This is a bad bad business and it pretty much guarentees Hate will be generated.
and the same bankers fundiing both sides yet...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

OK Maybe an overstatement, however I saw a graphic showing that France does in fact get the majaority of it's oil from Libya.

I would like to see that as every source I can find points to Norway, Saudi and even the UK as major suppliers of Oil to France, but no Libya in the lists. Libyan oil went mostly to Italy, Germany and Spain with France importing only 87,000 barrels off them, making that a rough 8% of Libyan oil going to France.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
OK, that was short lived

Sky News Ticker;

Libyan no fly zone will be coordinated by "U.S. Command"

Makes no difference either way, Just makes me wonder about the low key language coming from the US Brass

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I understand Israel is a benefiter of the Libyian oil..
and not all of it on the books since the US is on the hook by agreement for supplying ALL the oil Israel needs as well, and they don't want to let a little paperwork muck up that swweetheart deal...
obviously
This explains the allies on both sides of the fight...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Than don't you find it strange that the spin has been this way, and that the French are really chomping at the bit for this.

What do they have to gain?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I understand Israel is a benefiter of the Libyian oil..
and not all of it on the books since the US is on the hook by agreement for supplying ALL the oil Israel needs as well, and they don't want to let a little paperwork muck up that swweetheart deal...
obviously
This explains the allies on both sides of the fight...

Sarkozy is generally regarded as an Isreali intelligence asset

edit on 19-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
I truly believe if the US was leading the show, most of Gaddafi military would have been targeted from the first hour of the resolution passing.

It's France's show this one, with the UK flying wingman and the US just idling wiaiting for the French pghone call. The Command Centre hasn't even been set up yet, so this is happening pretty quickly and I think the assault on Benghazi by Gaddafi has pushed up the timetable a bit.

But I believe the US chose to be in the background to give them some wiggle room for other Arab (partners) countries who find themselves in similar situations.

Hmm. I suspect that Obama just pontificated, to be honest. He has shown himself to be indecisive and a bit wishy-washy. Ready to say alot, but won't back his words up.

Bet Bahrain doesn't get their no fly zone.

No, they won't. It's political and I covered it in depth in another thread, but the short of it is that Saudi simply won't allow Bahrain to be dealt with and doing so will only place a Shia, Iran-Friendly Government in control of the home of the US 5th Fleet and right next to Saudi. Not a good result.

It is slighlty hypocritical of us in the West, but Saudi have us by the short and curlies, plus we don't want Irans influence spreading.

People need to see the big picture when comparing Libya to Bahrain.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

The whole thing on the resolution was set in such a way that this outcome could not have been any other way.

Just an absolute set up.

I am not saying that Gadaffi should not be dealt with, however I fin the reasoning behind this suspect.

I agree. A Reuters article, Thursday said this: WASHINGTON Reuters -- The United States, in a sharp shift in tone, wants the United Nations to authorize not just a no-fly zone to aid Libyan rebels but also air strikes against Libyan tanks and heavy artillery, U.S. officials said on Thursday.

And yet, we didn't lead. If we were leading this action, it could be perceived, by a swelling shiite base, as a third war that the US is leading against muslim countries.

Does that pass the smell test?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

A stable state to the south of the EU, control of migration, stable oil prices, protecting people from a madman?

Not everything is a conspiracy and might just be as it appears.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by lea room
And so the war begins......
Anybody else a little nervous about this?

Very worried about this...With all that`s happening in Japan and now this in Europe....thinking about how things could escalate...There`s nowehere to go anymore.

Just trying to keep positive really....but not that easy sometimes.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
smells terrible
as do all the forgn marines
dutch british and american
that have been busted running around setting all this up
same old same old.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Apparently the French Air Forces have already blasted four Libyan Wartanks on the ground that made a threat to the civilians nearby.

Whish they could just kiss and make up instead.

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join