It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allied Forces Begin Military Action Against Libya - Live Updates

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
3 b-2 stealth bombers also dropped 40 bombs

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by welshbeliever
3 b-2 stealth bombers also dropped 40 bombs

are they targeting Gaddafi installations or the actual military personnels of Gaddafi?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
The B-2's targeted a major 'airfield'

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by zeetroyman
This is an absolute croc of horse sh!t...

i have and will always be a UK citizen.

I see absolutely NO need to invade libya or support a no fly zone.

We are now back to the old "we want oil" war!

Oil?? why?? i know personally that there at 2 rigs on the tunisia coastline pumping out enough oil to deal with this situation without our need to go in.

The UK and American government make me physically sick the lenghts they will go to to secure oil.

Bring on the ring of fire super quake to finally make us fend for ourselves.. our goverments have destroyed half this planet with oil greed its sickening!

Im sorry but ive just had enough of all our bully boy fkn tactics... the japan quake cocked up the cog in taking over libya, and after a few days weve now got a japan media blackout and back to libya and there punishing the whole country ( aka, we want there oil so well invade) posts.

Humanity as a whole makes me sick to my stomach!
No sir you have it backward's, your so called royal god bless the queen, win's the stupitity award.for all these countries,that are out of control you use to rule or rob, wich one suite's you? remember how YOUR country wanted and still does want to rule the planet! the royal family has more asset's then bill gates yet your gov taxes you yearly for their shenanigans what a croc of dung.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Report: Egypt arming Libyan rebels

According to a report in the Wall Street Journal Egypt's military is supplying arms to Libyan rebels with the US government’s full knowledge.

Here we go, it seems the international community is deeply commited to removing Qaddafi.

Al Jazeera live blog: March 20

8:55am Citizen video, apparently filmed yesterday after Gaddafi troops attacked Benghazi, gives a sense of how loyalist fighters were cut down in urban gun battles. The jeeps shown here look to be the same style and colour as those we have seen being used by Gaddafi troops in numerous other videos and images.

It gets more complicated [if] the Qadhafis are gone, both Westerners and Arabs may be ready to deal with regime remnants (particularly if they play a role in getting rid of the Qadhafis) but the insurgents may not want anyone associated with the former regime in place. So prolonged civil war is one possible outcome, yet again. This is why some kind of recognized leadership for the insurgency that is able to negotiate with whoever comes after Qadhafi is necessary.

- Issandr el-Amrani
edit on 20-3-2011 by SpeachM1litant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I'm a little 'green' on the hostile way we talk to each other with these sort of
threads, so please forgive my niceness!!!
I think that the Libyan leader has been getting away with 'cocking-a-snoot'
at the world community for some time.

Recall if you will, one of his citizens blew up the aircraft Pan Am Flight 103 over
Lockerbie -Scotland and after being found guilty, al-Megrahi was eventually released
due to failing health and allowed to go back to Tripoli.

On disembarking, he was greeted with applause and cheers... do you think that
was a prudent thing for Gaddafi to allow? The world looking on at the happy Libyans
celebrating the arrival of someone who blew innocent people out of sky.

Assuming the courts in the UK arrived at the correct verdict, this sort of celebration
I believe, is inappropriate, but Gaddafi allowed it.

There are many instances of the Leader of Libya mocking any visits from dignitaries
and so, when it is seen that he is attacking his own citizens for whatever reasons, it
is reasonable and mature to step in and stop him.

I know many here will shout about the oil reserves and say that is why the coaition is
creating a no-fly zone and attacking air bases, there may be some truth in that... I don't
know.
But terrorising your own is not the correct way to rule anymore, and so here we are.
Thank you.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

And the US have been supplying Egypt with the majority of its arms so in effect the US is supplying Libya in a round about way!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
seems to me they are starting another war when they cant finish the others they have started.?
what if all the other countries they have invaded and pi**ed off gets together and launches a full scale attack while they are out busy snooping elsewhere for other peoples oil ?
my motto is no matter how big and crazy you are theres always someone bigger and crazier around the corner.
and i honnestly wish i wernt brittish cos they are like a little puppy dog to usa , yapping by obamas side doing everything he says.
this world is fcuked up!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by blackcat99

This has been going on for a long time... business has no enemies.
It may seem silly, but when dealing in any area of gaining monies for
a product, it is best that you don't read the hype and propaganda!

This is the crux of most of our problems, Material gain vs Spiritual
peace... it's how we roll!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by welshbeliever

Yep Cameron was doing a lot of 'lip-pursing' whenever he has been doing his announcements outside number 10 (which was identified as a nervous tik by the guys on Sky News when he was doing the election debate...) So he is not 100% sure that the UK are doing the right thing after all, or he is nervous about something else we don't know about - 5 years down the line are we going to be seeing another investigation into yet another war

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
As you are aware, the B-2's are out and have been confirmed in an Al Jazeera live blog.

More information on the force that has been deployed against Libya in the past 24 hours. CBS News reports: Three U.S. B-2 stealth bombers dropped 40 bombs on a major Libyan airfield

6:10 Libyan time, March 20: Al Jazeera Live Blog

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Do you mean B-2's - not B52's or are they out as well

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   

I meant the B-2's, sorry.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
The reports coming out of America are that they will only 'assist' in
solving the problems in Libya, France, Britain and others are leading
from the front and so the 'cleaning up' and getting the Libyan citizens
back in a civilized manner will be laid at the coalition's door.

Think about it... if you were being attacked by missiles and aircraft,
would you invite your citizens to mass in the area where you had
promised to talk?!
He was using them as cover... it's a ploy used many times.
edit on 20-3-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by kroms33

turned your word "paranoid" the color RED

If can't see that is altering my post well you have serious issues! Altering other peoples posts is deceptive as it changes emphasis and context!

stop your complaining.

I will do as I choose not what you say, ever!

Flawed logic.

Actually my argument is sound and above all logical regardless of what you say. The amount of damage this Libyan dictator has done to his own people and the people of Lockerbie it quite substantial. Removing him is the only option!

No, I did not insult you personally at all. I just got a bit miffed at your arrogance.

maybe you need to re read your post again. Arrogance because I have a different opinion to you? no they are words from a tolerating and educated person Hmmmmmm

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg

GR3 Tornado's mate

Typhoons are being decommissioned.

Ever so late in replying to this, but it's totally untrue!

Firstly, it's Tornado GR4's, not GR3's, that are launching Stormshadow cruise missiles.

Secondly, Typhoons are NOT BEING DECOMISSIONED. They only entered service in 2003 and they are replacing the Tornado Squadrons.

The GR4 was due to lose some squadrons, but all of that is now up in the air as this Libya thing has highlighted some short-sightedness in the UK defence cuts.

Expect changes to planned defence cuts, as most of the systems we're currently using in Libya are the ones highlighted for mothball, such as S entinel, the two Frigates present and the Tornado's.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Do you have proof beyond all doubt that this is the case or is this your opinion or gut feeling? Some sort of official government document etc? If you produce it I will stand corrected!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackcat99
reply to post by JakiusFogg

The British don;t even have a defence budget anymore though - allegedly

Don't be rediculous.

We have the 3rd largest defence budget in the World, after the US and China.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

The events of lockerbie are irrelavant as previously discussed. There is no substantial evidence indicating Libya was involved. Evidence had been planted and this was admitted. It was an unfair trial and so forth. I have already explained this and you continue to use it as a justification, which not even the American diplomats do. Libya has admitted to it, but as previously explained it was not because it was necassarily involved, it was becuase of internal reformist pressures wanting an end to U.S imposed sanctions and to re-enter the international community. Anyway, Qaddafi has paid compensation for the events, so diplomatically it is irrelevant.

As for your argument about the death he has brought upon his people. Why hasn't the international community intervened in Zimbabwae. Mugabe has killed far more of his own people then Qaddafi. This is U.S and NATO hypocrisy in action.

Just to add to the discussion. This is off March 20: Al Jazeera live blog.

Here's video of the USS Burke, a guided-missile destroyer, firing a Tomahawk cruise missile at Libya. According to a tweet from CNN's Wolf Blitzer, each Tomahawk costs around $1 million, and the United States has fired more than 100 so far.

That's $100 million in taxpayer money, already down the drain.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

This is about Libya not that murdering terrorist Mugabe. You say my point about Lockerbie is irrelevant. Mugabe is not relevant either!

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join