It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allied Forces Begin Military Action Against Libya - Live Updates

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Mod note: Please see this post. -- Majic

edit on 3/20/2011 by Majic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Russia, nor China will remain on the sidelines on this one, should this continue. Unless, of course, Russia somehow cashes in on significant increase of demand on their oil supply. Russia has been developing relationships with the West for the past decade but I doubt they will sit idly if 'coalition' of West continues pounding on Libya.

Why Libya and not the other countries in the vicinity? O yeah! No oil reserves!

Obama emphasizes that US is acting as supporter to a coalition force and stresses that US is not leading this military force. Well...US holds great sway and would the attacks have been fully feasible without the strength of the US behind it? I think behind Obama may lurk a silent wolf in sheep's clothing.

PLEA TO OBAMA: Obama, pay attention to your internal affairs first. Fix us first (Americans). Instead of putting billions of dollars into the might of the military and using it to fix other country's affairs, build renewable sources here which will then not only create jobs, but make us less MEast dependent.

I think it's only a matter of time that Russia and China will step up if this debacle continues for long.

WWIII?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

Still not proof. Names, dates, places, events. Documentation from credible sources not some conspiracy website or "out there" terrorist dictatorships who stand over and intimidate their people! let's see the real proof beyond all doubt. Then I will believe it!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by cubed

US holds great sway and would the attacks have been fully feasible without the strength of the US behind it? I think behind Obama may lurk a silent wolf in sheep's clothing.

Like I have asked others here Do you have solid and credible proof of this that is beyond all doubt of any kind? Not saying it is not true but until proven it is just idle gossip!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Mod note: Please see this post. -- Majic

edit on 3/20/2011 by Majic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

They already have troops there, SAS teams. I have no source that states that they are publicly discussing ground troops but in private...

By the way, I believe I have an google frontpage screenshot of an 404'd story that was posted before the Tunisian riots of Canadian JTF2 forces heading to North Africa to 'help fight Al-Qaeda'

wtf?

There is just no way they have gone this far, investing in taking out Gaddafi's air defenses (By the way- did they 'accidentally' shoot down that Libyan jet that just happened to be the Rebel force's only jet fighter?) only to leave loose ends that might go somewhere that they find disagreeable with- like a, let's say an unfriendly government down the way, and by unfriendly I mean a government that is not beneficial to certain groups.

Besides... I should have been more clear with the ground troops thing... I call an small force of highly specialized troops, ground troops regardless of numbers.

edit on 20-3-2011 by star in a jar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
reply to post by kroms33

they have to control the supply of oil ever since the peak oil scam was exposed and oil was discovered to be abiotic
this war is as righteous as the deepwater disaster that we all know was done on purpose.
guess who will pay for this at the pumps too
some elffin dimmies
till the petro dollar can't find anymore war to hold it up

edit on 20-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

Exactly! I love how some of these people just can't realize what is happening.

Thank you brother

Peace.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
NM - FORGET IT.

BYE.
edit on 3/20/2011 by kroms33 because: BS censorship issues.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by kroms33

As for editing your "post" - I CAN edit your post in my reply any damn time I want to emphasize BS

Only proves my point. You have no right to alter anybodies post in any way. That is called deception!

Isn't it nice that you sit humbly on the sidelines cheering on the bombs while people are dying? Have you ever witnessed anyone get torn apart from a bomb or get shot with a gun? Why don't you go over an liberate them? If you are so much about guns, blood, glory and liberation - go help them out.

Well if you are so against it why are you not there being human shield to stop it? Works both ways does it not?

Prove it isn't about oil.

Don't have to. If you read previous posts you will see why it has been explained before. The emphasis is to prove the official story otherwise. Until then it is a humanitarian effort to save the Libyan peoples!

You are living in a dream, an illusion. Wake up - because what you are being fed is poison and BS.

Personal insults. Go for it. It don't hurt me and only reflects badly on you!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

Cool, I starred you - because you put my deleted post back up

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
Okay so....

Quaddafi committing genocide against his people is suddenly forgiven because America the UK and France step in and impose a no fly zone. Quaddafi was bombing his own people because Libya is in a full state of revolution. None of the countries are occupying Libya and these countries are only targeting airfields and keeping the Libyan Air Force out the air to stop the Libyan Air Force from bombing it's own people.

Of course China and Russia are going to disagree with it because Quadaffi is the Leader of the African Union. Africa has a few countries that are OPEC countries also. If Quaddafi is removed from power OPEC suddenly has to renegotiate a contract with a very important oil producing country within it's ranks and with the Rebels wanting to nationalize the Oil industry in Libya OPEC is in a state of panic because they will actually have to compete in the oil markets again. What you are witnessing is the last Hoorah of OPEC trying to suck every last penny they can out of everyone while they still have a monopoly on the oil trade.

I just find it funny how something good is actually happening in the world that threatens the current power structure and actually changes the course that the world is going down, yet the thread is filled with replies about how the western world is evil for bombing military bases to impose a no fly zone while Quaddafi is bombing and murdering his own people.

I was under the impression that one less Genocidal Dictator out of power was a good thing. The rebels are going to keep pushing whether there is a No-Fly Zone or not. The faster this gets over with the faster things can go back to "normal" (meaning markets being "stable").

So let's make this clear so everyone is on the same page here.

Quaddafi out of power means, African Union will need new leadership. Which could and most likely will lead to a less powerful OPEC and an African Union that could actually be used to help it's people instead of being used to fatten the pockets of the War Profiteers in Africa that are not only committing genocide against it's own people, but also still practicing slavery.

Quaddafi in power means, the same ole BS we have been dealing with for the past 3 or 4 decades.

There really isn't much bad that can happen with Quaddafi being removed from power. In fact good things can happen if he is removed. If everything goes as planned the west will end up being a sort of useful UN power that will allow developing nations to enter into first world status. Which threatens countries like China because the developing nations in Africa could nationalize all the resources of the country and kick China and other countries out causing the influence that China and other countries have in the world to diminish.

Also, I don't really see how the rebels can't be successful once Quaddafi isn't able to bomb them anymore and every country in the world knows this. This knocks the progress the BRIC countries have made(aka fat cat banksters committing treason because they blew the bottom out of America ship causing it to sink) to absolutely nill, or in short America's ship gets rebuilt from the wreckage of the treasonous banksters or the banksters finally get whats coming to them, to break it down even further. It also inspires more revolution to take place and China and Russia are already having their own social problems. The last thing China and Russia and other countries already on the verge of revolution need is their people thinking they can overthrow their governments.

I don't know about y'all, but the thought of the old guard being destroyed (aka NWO, if you believe in that) makes me happy.
edit on 20-3-2011 by Hastobemoretolife because: changed "practice" to "practicing".

You are truly naive if you believe the US will be in and out of this operation.
(They still didn't catch OSAMA, and almost a decade later we are still in Iraq and Afganistan)

Do you think the US is simply getting involved out of the kindness of their heart? As it has been pointed out Genocide has been going on for years in other african nations for decades and the US has done absolutely nothing. The Us didn't do anything when China did it. They seem to ignore when russia does it too.

I am also still unclear on something. Did OMAR wake up one day and decide to start killing people randomly. Or did a rebel faction try to use lethal force against the government. The term genocide is being thrown around.

Was OMAR focusing on a particular religious group of his people or was he simply taking out rebels who were after his life?

If the Klan or a NEO Nazi group decided to declare war on the US government and set off bombs and shot rocket launchers at the white house in an attempt to eliminate obama because they don't like his policies of being a corporate tool and the fact that he is black. If he sent Secret Service to eliminate the group because they made an attempt on his life. If he gave the order to hunt down this anti-obama group... tried them for treason and then executed them would it still be considered genocide... after all the rebel faction are his people.

Why this guy and not the other 100 genocidal leaders.... what about North Korea? All war is going to bring is death and destruction. The African Union called for a cease fire and pretty much if other anti--american african nations jump into the fray things are going to get pretty ugly. Oh yeah no oil and China.

After thousands of civilians and rebels die from missile strikes do you think the rebels will be like thank you america have some oil... watch they rebels will turn on the US and the new government will be anti-america. WW3 ladies and gents.

Sure killing this guy for what he allegedly did that came form rebel resources that hate him and want him dead may seem like the right thing to do but what is there to stop it from happening again? It is at a point when this guy dies the fighting will not stop.

WAR + OIL = Money for big business. There truly were other options. Does no country have an elite special forces unit? I have a feeling that terrorist attacks are going to be on the rise and that black gold will be set a blaze.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
excuse me but america is ruining Iraq like its own puppet amercia will do the same thing in Libya the only interest they have is OIL.

Do you understand what an INTERNATIONAL force is?... Even the Canadian government have said they will send military aircraft to fight against the Libyan military...

Canada poised to send fighter jets to Libya

Murray Brewster
The Canadian Press
OTTAWA — Canada is poised to send in fighter jets to enforce a no-fly zone over Libya, defence sources told The Canadian Press.

Six CF-18 fighter-bombers are being readied at Canadian Forces Base Bagotville, Que. and are expected to deploy overseas once the Harper government gives the official green light.

Their mission will be to enforce the no-fly zone that the United Nations Security Council authorized Thursday night, the sources said.

www.thestar.com...

Come back here 5 years from now and tell me how are the Libyans doing.

Obviously it is you who should wait..."5 years" and come back to claim that the U.S. is ruining Libya, but only if there are any FACTS backing your claims...

Heck even Bosnia, Serbia leaders are western pro American puppets leaders
edit on 20-3-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

Oh I see... so if anyone doesn't agree with your point of view they are immediately "American puppets"?...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by hbpdfsu

It was reported in a German magazine (Focus) that there were already British SAS and SBS units present in Lybia for a few weeks. Of course it vanished pretty quickly, but another magazine (Der Spiegel) reported on that, citing “Focus”.

Wie das Münchner Magazin "Focus" unter Berufung auf Berliner Sicherheitskreise berichtet, befinden sich bereits seit Wochen britische Sonderkommandos in Libyen, um Kampfeinsätze vorzubereiten. Sie hätten strategische Ziele wie Fliegerhorste, Luftabwehrstellungen und Kommunikationszentralen vermessen und für Bombenangriffe markiert. Es handele sich um Teams der Eliteienheiten Special Air Service (SAS) und Special Boat Service (SBS).

Spiegel online

Rough translation (Sorry, it's a bit late...or early, however you want to put it):
“As the Munich magazine “Focus” reports with reference to security experts from Berlin, there have been British special units active in Libya for a few weeks now to prepare for combat missions. They have been scouting strategic targets like airfields, air defense units and communication centers for airstrikes. These teams consist of units from the SAS and the SBS.”

I'm pretty sure we will never hear of this again though, as it would officially turn that “We are going to free Libya”-bullcrap they are feeding us into the aggression from the west it actually is.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
well well well.....first afghanistan then iraq now libya. i wonder which countries next for a " regime change " .

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
Okay so....

Quaddafi committing genocide against his people is suddenly forgiven because America the UK and France step in and impose a no fly zone. Quaddafi was bombing his own people because Libya is in a full state of revolution. None of the countries are occupying Libya and these countries are only targeting airfields and keeping the Libyan Air Force out the air to stop the Libyan Air Force from bombing it's own people.

Ahh there's the rub though.

To him, the rebels are not ' His own people".

In a letter sent to Obama long before the airstrikes were comissioned Gaddafi wrote:

"We are fighting nothing other than al-Qaida in what they call the Islamic Maghreb. It's an armed group that is fighting from Libya to Mauritania and through Algeria and Mali... If you had found them taking over American cities by the force of arms, tell me what you would do?"

So just who is America France and England supporting right now?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by kroms33

Only proves my point. You have no right to alter anybodies post in any way. That is called deception!

I never altered your post, sir. I altered MY post and turned your word "paranoid" the color RED
If you take offense to that - I can't help you there. Unless you are accusing me of hacking into your account and changing your original post - stop your complaining.

Well if you are so against it why are you not there being human shield to stop it? Works both ways does it not?

What? Seriously? Why should I put myself in danger for people who want to kill? Both sides want to kill. You just don't see the picture. You support their freedom - you conform to the propaganda... I see this entire issue completely differently than you. So, no - it doesn't work both ways - you care about this issue because you see them as being liberated. I don't. How many times has the USA poked it's nose in to other peoples issues and gotten slapped? Countless. Keep cheering it on though.

Don't have to. If you read previous posts you will see why it has been explained before. The emphasis is to prove the official story otherwise. Until then it is a humanitarian effort to save the Libyan peoples!

Illogical. Save the Libyan people by killing other Libyan people... to SAVE someone is to keep in a safe condition; safeguard.
You are speaking about the Libyan "people" right? Flawed logic.
Humanitarian = One who is devoted to the promotion of human welfare and the advancement of social reforms
Effort = The use of physical or mental energy to do something; exertion
to Save = keep in a safe condition; safeguard.
the Libyan People = inhabitance of Libya.

But isn't an act of war such as bombing the Libyan people not contributing to their safe conditions and not promoting human welfare? The Libyan government is made of Libyan people too is it not?

Personal insults. Go for it. It don't hurt me and only reflects badly on you!

No, I did not insult you personally at all. I just got a bit miffed at your arrogance.

I do wish you the best of luck in your endevours.
Peace.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rosha

Ahh there's the rub though.

To him, the rebels are not ' His own people".

In a letter sent to Obama long before the airstrikes were comissioned Gaddafi wrote:

"We are fighting nothing other than al-Qaida in what they call the Islamic Maghreb. It's an armed group that is fighting from Libya to Mauritania and through Algeria and Mali... If you had found them taking over American cities by the force of arms, tell me what you would do?"

So just who is America France and England supporting right now?

They are supporting anyone whom they think may give them the upper hand and/or cheap oil. It wouldn't have been the first time they put some fascist pro western dictators as their puppets in foreign countries, and the Taliban didn't just show up in Afghanistan on their own either. I'm not saying these Libyan "rebels" are fascist or muslim extremists, who are going to supress the Libyan people just in a different manner, but even if they were the US, France and the UK wouldn't care one bit.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
All Out War on Libya, Surge in the Price of Crude Oil...

The establishment of a no fly zone is on the drawing board of the Pentagon. Saudi Arabia and the Gulf states, supported by the Arab League and the Organization for African Unity (OUA) have labelled Libya as "An Unfriendly Nation".

The scenario envisaged by Washington is to involve Saudi Arabia and the Gulf states in aerial attacks directed against Libya.

They have also called on Saudi Arabia to supply opposition forces with weapons.

Reports confirm that NATO special forces and military advisers to the rebellion are on the ground in Eastern Libya.

The geopolitical and economic implications of a US-NATO led military intervention directed against Libya are far-reaching.

Libya is among the World's largest oil economies with approximately 3.5% of global oil reserves, more than twice those of the US.

A war on Libya would have an immediate impact on the price of crude oil. The latter has risen by 18 percent since the beginning of the insurrection in Libya.

It currently stands at $104.42 a barrel for April delivery on the New York Mercantile Exchange, its highest level since the financial crash of September 2008. Since August 2010, the price of crude oil has risen from 75.93 a barrel to 104.42 (March 2011), a hefty increase of 37.5 percent.

The globalist elite are after Libya's oil and the establishment of another repressive dictatorship. There is nothing humanitarian about globalist elite orchestrated invasions. Look at Serbia, Afghanistan and Iraq. Libya is now already under the globalist onslaught.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Sorry haven't had a full look through this thread but Sky News just said 3 x B2 bombers were involved in the air strike - I didn't think the States had any planes in the air - so Obama said

Sorry no link as was on TV

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Whine whine whine. Well whatever happened to supporting rebels.. It has happened time and time again. At least they are brave enough to oppose an obvious dictator. I'll put 100$ down that special forces are already in the area and this will be taken care of within 2 weeks. Surgical, add that to your vocabulary.

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join