It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allied Forces Begin Military Action Against Libya - Live Updates

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Did anyone notice last night during the cruise missile attacks on Libya the live feed on Sky News (UK). There were 2 stationary lights high in the air. All of a sudden they moved instantly to the left then right. Judging from the landscape & ground features these must have been 10 or more miles distant thus very large & moved from point a to point b faster than any known man-made aircraft. The camera actually panned to follow these objects then after a short time the feed cut & never returned to the same scene.

Anyone notice & even better did you record it? Please post it if possible!!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Reply to post by buni11687

Thank you for getting the link up there to the station the speech was on. I caught a bit of that, I believe I had it on for about 5-7 mins before it switched to the news guy and then went to commercials. I heard him say something on the order of comparing us to Nazi's and that, like I said, we would fall like other superpowers in the past. I was just like "whaaat?" again - thanks for helping me out with my sloppy post.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by digipulse

That would have been the cruise missiles I suspect - they can turn corners and go down streets!

Edit: Actually scrap that if they were stationery

edit on 20-3-2011 by blackcat99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Irish Matador
This is disgraceful.

USA and England at their world robbery again.

England have sold the weapons to Gadaffi and signed the oil contracts. What a group of 2 faced tyrants.

England? What about Scotland and Wales? It's the UK, fool.

Also, what weapons have we sold? I asked Danbones this in another thread and he went all queit after that.

Answer? Radios. That's the only defence deal we did with Libya. Go look at the French and Germans for the big defence deals that were done recently. Ah, but that don't jive with your obvious hatred of the English, does it?

Originally posted by Irish Matador
I am sick to the stomach of these 2 nations actions on other countries.

They are not the world governors and should be held accountable for all the wars and deaths they are creating for the pursuit of oil and NOTHING else.

It ain't about OIl. Don't be a div your whole life.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
Sky News saying that Regime change is not the stated aim, but it will be difficult for it not to be.

Lets not lose sight of this as the official story is now being formulated

Posted here area, but there again for newcomers

Paragraph 1 states the aim CLEARLY

EU Press Release

Not regime change???? yeah right. whether this is good or bad. I think it's a dichotomy

I don't think that regime change has ever been a secret. Most EU leaders have been telling Gaddafi to go and are still saying it. Regime change is the stated aim and is public, has been for weeks.

If Sky are saying otherwise, then their just feeding you crap, which they are prone to do anyway, being a FOX derivative.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
it's a surrogate war, a weapons war.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by primus2012
Funny that they say the US is just supporting in this mission. I mean, 100+ missiles that probably cost over 1 mil each, that's just support? The "vast" numbers of French and UK planes probably don't add up to the cost of those missiles.

As soon as Benghazi was under attack, the French deployed 20 aircraft immediately and destoryed several Libyan tanks. Glad to see you've bothered to check your facts before ranting...

Big tough France with the harshest words for Libyan's regime deployed 4-5 warplanes? WTF is that?

At least 20 in the first few hours. The Yanks have none at this time.

UK has what, a few more than that?

Closer to 30, actually. 2 Squadrons of Tornado's and similiar number of Typhoons. We also have 2 Frigates and a Destroyer on station, with a nuclear sub loitering.

How many US warplanes and vessels are involved do ya think?

Currently, a handful of Subs and surface vessels, prob numbering no more than a dozen and that is an optimistic estimate. The French have sent their Aircraft Carrier.

Maybe you really should check your facts, before making yourself look stupid.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

The US used 3 B2's attacking a Libyan airfield last night as well -

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shilo68
Double standards, I hope Bahrain and Yemen are next if they really there to liberate the people of dictators.

I grow tired of this..

Just look into the Bahrain/Yemen situation, see what is happening and what could happen if those regimes fall over. Look who is stirring up those revolts and imagine what would happen.

Jeebus people...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackcat99
reply to post by stumason

The US used 3 B2's attacking a Libyan airfield last night as well -

Fair enough.

The Admiral on TV last night said no US aircraft involved in the initial phase.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Sky News TV - US F18's are being prepared now.... at Aviano airbase in Italy

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
YES! Its time for precision interdiction. Gadhafi is trying to rally the Islamic countries.... lawlZ. Well, control will be established in within 6 days. BTW Harriers, F-15, F-16, as well as B-2s took part in the airstrike in last 10 hours or so(and thats official release.)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Theprimevoyager

I would be very surprised if Harriers were involved as they have all been disbanded - sure you are not looking at an old press release from the Gulf war

Edit: B-2's, Tornados, mirages have been involved so far

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

My preference is not for an occupation as a first resort. The best would be to pressure and intimidate miltarily from air and sea until he resigns and democratic election of a new leader. If that does not work then assassination and democratic election of a new leader. Then only as a last resort an occupation but they have their problems as witnessed elsewhere.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Sir, I respectfully decline that statement. Harriers are still in use in the Navy as well as the Marine Corps.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

You're mostly right.
We did start the game almost 10 years ago but, the board is still out and people still need to roll.
Game is far from over, and much like most board games the one in charge of the bank is socking away their own stash.
I still wanna know however, what is our body count so far on this "Humanitarian Mission"?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
ummm:-

0929: UK Chancellor George Osborne, who attended a meeting of the government's emergency Cobra committee before the first mission on Saturday - says the UN mandate authorising action in Libya is "very clear" - adding there are no plans for putting troops on the ground "at the moment".

I like the at the moment bit - sounds as if they are already interpreting the resolution to say yes they can put troops on the ground!!

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Theprimevoyager

They have all been decomissioned in the UK anyway - are you talking about US Harriers? Still haven't seen them mentioned though - do you have a link to the article saying they are being used

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
duplicate post

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Yeah, NOT U.K. sir. U.S. They even mentioned it on CNN lol. I wouldn't bs you sir

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join