It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We've built a flying saucer, boasts Iran (even if it does look like it belongs in a 1950s B-movie)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
Wait for the Americans to come into this thread and start to deride and ridicule it, before we've even seen it.

Very interesting anyway.

And lets watch the British come in and make blanket statements about the character of all Americans. You sir are a hypocrite.

Btw, im Canadian.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

The device belonging to the new generation of vertical flyers is designed for aerial photography. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

What size did you expect it to be? The size of a football stadium?....It's designed for aerial photography only r_t_rds.
.....Oh my Americans on this site will hate on anything that isn't made by them. (Not all members of course).

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
The best reason this claim is bogus is that IF the Iranians HAD developed a "flying saucer", they would have used it for military reconnaissance and would never have revealed it's existence. It took the US a decade to reveal it had developed "stealth" tech with the B2, and when they eventually did reveal it (after the tech became less cutting edge), it was with great fanfare, all the military pomp and circumstance that goes along with that.

Either Globalmail got punked or Iran is trying to create an atmosphere of fear in it's enemies that any invasions/strikes might be dealt with some advanced "saucer" tech...

And exactly what is a "flying saucer"? We messed around with saucer-shaped planes back in the '50, using diverted jet thrusters or propellers, didn't fly to good and offered no real advantage over conventional craft. The typical allusion of a flying saucer is that it is powered by something along the lines of anti-gravity, which makes Iran's claims even more preposterous. This is from a country that has to rely on foreign powers to develop its nuclear reactors?

Like someone said earlier, pics or it didn't happen (and pics of obvious photoshopped article headings don't count)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Anybody who believes this story should obviously ...
... saddle-up and move to Iran.

PS: Good luck with that.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
The best reason this claim is bogus is that IF the Iranians HAD developed a "flying saucer", they would have used it for military reconnaissance and would never have revealed it's existence. It took the US a decade to reveal it had developed "stealth" tech with the B2, and when they eventually did reveal it (after the tech became less cutting edge), it was with great fanfare, all the military pomp and circumstance that goes along with that.

Either Globalmail got punked or Iran is trying to create an atmosphere of fear in it's enemies that any invasions/strikes might be dealt with some advanced "saucer" tech...

And exactly what is a "flying saucer"? We messed around with saucer-shaped planes back in the '50, using diverted jet thrusters or propellers, didn't fly to good and offered no real advantage over conventional craft. The typical allusion of a flying saucer is that it is powered by something along the lines of anti-gravity, which makes Iran's claims even more preposterous. This is from a country that has to rely on foreign powers to develop its nuclear reactors?

Like someone said earlier, pics or it didn't happen (and pics of obvious photoshopped article headings don't count)

One thing Iran has is a decent UAV program. While no where near as advanced as the US, they have poured a lot of money into UAV research and development. If Debkafile is to be believed at all, Israel has spent a good amount of its own time and money in counter-intelligence aimed at stopping or slowing their advances in this area. Last year the two leading Iranian scientists in this field were killed under very suspicious circumstances.

I believe they have it, but is it really all that? How does it hold up in strong winds? Is it fuel-efficient enough to run long missions? How is the video capture resolution at long distances? Is it even practical for real military use at all?

edit on 17-3-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I am a graduate Honors Physics specializing in Nuclear, particle physics and E&M.
The reason the classic flying saucer is the way that it is has to do with the toroidal requirement of design which creates a field.
AlienScientist on youtube has done a fantastic job of explaining this.
It is hard to get away from the classic shape if you want anti-gravity.

youtube-alienscientist

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

They haven't come across it cuz they cant see it!! Raddddaaar evading flying boat..lol
2nd ..
3rd..
etc..

Well..then again..there is Russia's Black Sea monster..

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
Wow one for the instant hoax bin.
Look at all the people who actually believe this and start US hating for no reason.
Pathetic.

No, what's pathetic is someone saying this is a hoax when they have NO PROOF.

And to all US haters and US defenders posting here.....GROW UP!

Post about the story, do some research, don't shoot the messangers and....have fun. This is a surveillance craft, not ET.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra I would rather see them work on technology that we can steal and actually use for once.

I guess the ceiling fan technology is already in use in most parts of the western world

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
Wow one for the instant hoax bin.
Look at all the people who actually believe this and start US hating for no reason.
Pathetic.

No, what's pathetic is someone saying this is a hoax when they have NO PROOF.

And to all US haters and US defenders posting here.....GROW UP!

Post about the story, do some research, don't shoot the messangers and....have fun. This is a surveillance craft, not ET.

No, it's not up to anyone to provide proof of a negative. How does one prove that something does not exist if nobody has ever even seen it? We are not making the claim that we created a flying saucer. You don't just make a statement like that and expect everyone to believe you. If Iran wants to impress the world then why not show us a video of the thing in action?

So they made a little flying saucer that can fly inside and take pictures. I can go by one of those from the toy store and attach a camera to it. Big f-ing deal.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead
No, it's not up to anyone to provide proof of a negative. How does one prove that something does not exist if nobody has ever even seen it?

By proving that the story/report is a hoax of course.

We are not making the claim that we created a flying saucer. You don't just make a statement like that and expect everyone to believe you. If Iran wants to impress the world then why not show us a video of the thing in action?

Why don't you email them and ask them to stick it on youtube?

So they made a little flying saucer that can fly inside and take pictures.

But you just said you don't believe they have it. Make your mind up.

Proof of a negative?

IF it is a hoax, false, a lie, a deception then it could be proven to be if it is but rather than try, you just shoot the messanger. Waytogo.

This is simply a claim that a flying disc like surveillance craft has been created. Unless this story can be shown as a hoax then there is no reason to believe otherwise except from ignorant personal belief.

Think!....we know surveillance craft exist, we know Iran has resourses and intelligent technology. We are NOT talking about ET here.

Anyway, a clip would not prove anything. It would be blurry, look like a bird or landing lights, and would never be enough proof for some so no point there. Could even be a hoax

Take it for what it is, if you don't believe, fair enough. I know how you feel but don't claim "hoax" without something to back it up. A story explaining the hoax from a news site like the one in the OP would do. Better still, your own words and information.

cheers

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I just have to say... Good for them! At least they had the balls to come out and say it. I do not believe in their system or beliefs. But I do approve of the release of information that we as Americans have been deprived of. Seriously... the thought of them actually having anything is slim to none. Not in the form we think of.... Like the ones flying over the field at night. Lets face it, you can pick up a radio controlled flying saucer at your local hobby shop. Apply GPS, and an HD camera... well you got your self an Iranian flying saucer. Now imagine if we can do this already as civilians..... You better believe that the ones you see at night, might and most likely are not some alien race. Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Highlandlad

Read the caption under the picture. It is not the one the Iranians claim to have built?

What makes me doubt the story is, why on earth would Iran admit having it? Why not use the tech to their advantage without telling the world? Seems pretty stupid.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
so are we about to discover that "Klaatu barada nikto" is actually ancient Persian for "All your bases belong to Ayatollah!"??

I'm with the folks who wonder why they didn't buy a better camera to take the photo with - don't they have a 2005 vintage cell phone anywhere in the country??

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
OK folks...I did the research and will provide links.

First, although I searched, the ATS search engine came up with the usual zilch when in fact our good friend "Isaac Koi" did us proud yesterday.

Here's his thread: "Iran Unveils Flying Saucer": Zohal

For those that need a clip to believe, there is a clip.

For those who cried "hoax" and thos ethat didn't, we are all right. It is REAL...BUT, it doesn't look like the photo shown in the Iranian news report that was displayed in the Daily Fail Article.

I'm just a messanger. Have fun with this.

cheers.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Please read the caption under the picture. It is NOT a picture of the craft supposedly created by Iran. It was used by the news agency to illustrate the story.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

They could have used a 2005 vintage cell phone to create a better illustration!

as for the saucer - thanks to nerbot's link above, and Issackoi on that thread, we know the Iranians are full of BS on this one.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

The B-2 Spirit wasn't hidden. You are thinking of the F-117. The B-2 came under the strategic nuclear arms treaties. Both Russia and the US exhibited their heavy strategic nuclear bombers to each other for verification purposes that is why there was a public flight and open test flying. Under the treaty the bombers such as the B-2 had to be based at airfields that were declared and open to physical inspection by Russian inspectors. The US did the same for Russian heavy nuclear bombers. The new treaty recently signed has re-established these on-base inspections.

The following is the B-2 verification image taken by the Russians as part of the treaty. Note the photo calibration marker.

Other images of the treaty verification of equipment can be found at the following.

www.fas.org...

TJ

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

This is absolutely nothing but very cheap science fiction. Gradeschoolers come up with better stuff with photoshop and youtube.
Grainy image, check
No cooberating story, check
no documented paper trail of development, check

BIG FRIGGIN HOAX HAHAHA

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
OK folks...I did the research and will provide links.

First, although I searched, the ATS search engine came up with the usual zilch when in fact our good friend "Isaac Koi" did us proud yesterday.

Here's his thread: "Iran Unveils Flying Saucer": Zohal

For those that need a clip to believe, there is a clip.

For those who cried "hoax" and thos ethat didn't, we are all right. It is REAL...BUT, it doesn't look like the photo shown in the Iranian news report that was displayed in the Daily Fail Article.

I'm just a messanger. Have fun with this.

cheers.

This is it?? You are joking. This is from your link that you provided.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d1cee8370613.jpg[/atsimg]
www.isna.ir...

A toy...

Article to go with it:
www.isna.ir...
edit on 3/17/2011 by Erasurehead because: link

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join