It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese Emergency: Global Financial Implications and What We Should Be Talking About(Please read)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Bumping this thread back to the top as I feel it is an important thread and full of info. Please read people.
The rate things are going right now you never know what to expect around the corner, all bets are off in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Looking forward to you two continuing the Debate. Now lets keep cool heads, no punching after the bell, now punching below the belt and no rabbit punches......

I dont see a nuclear wilderness anywhere so this isnt a debatable topic. Ramifications of Japan cashing $800billion worth of U.S. Dollar checks is the debate and what the impact of it will be on the world.

And another thing, I dont want to hear any of this Hippy talk about the "spectrem of the butterfly" either. I would like to have my own square of grass and do nothing but pick daisys all day long, have my food "meat and potatoes please" drop right out of the sky. And I want nice neighbors like Truman had. How do you like my Idealistic outlook so far....
That isnt happening. We are a warrior race. Watching you two argue proves that. That wont change, somebody always want more,or what you have.

Time is at hand to pay close attention to the OP.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Money's day is almost over.

It will either destroy itself or we will mature past it - very soon.

Corruption and demonic control is enabled by money. Without it, these things will quickly dissolve.

It's irrelevant what the BOJ do or what the Fed or any of the other private banks do, the system is broken beyond repair.

Fresco may not have all the answers, but his life work is a good start and certainly has merit once you can get your head outside the money box and start thinking clearly, unencumbered by beliefs created from a life of financial conditioning.

Basing a system on the commitment to intelligently share the earth's resources equally amongst the entire human population may seem idealistic, but is in fact one of the most (if not the only) realistic solutions to our current mess.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by Amaterasu

The crisis in Japan is immediate. The economic implications are today.

You know what you can do? Spread the IDEA that MAYBE preparing by buying food and supplies is a good idea rather than buying ridiculous theory that will help no one in the NOW. Perhaps spread the idea that those who do prepare should use their position to help others.

Anything less than that and you're blowing smoke.
edit on 16-3-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

Great thread; Japan is a thoroughly modern society( as opposed to tin shacks in Haiti) which means every Splintered crumbling building and every floating car is INSURED by some fund some where.All that wealth was washed out to sea along with the people.
I tend to stay far out of the metaphysical,psychological and para normal areas. All this call for "releasing" free energy " That we all KNOW "they" have is such utter b.s. it makes my head spin and keeps me from looking further into whatever is being happily proposed..

I agree with your call for people to get serious,stop play time and look out for themselves. If you haven't started any kind of food "preps" its never too late to do "something". Think of your neighbors too; I'd rather put a big pot of dint'y moore on the fire out back and have a package of disposable bowls and forks on hand to pass out than take on the neighborhood and stack up my neighbors like cord wood.
Added: One is the "survival of the fittest" mentality and the other is: morally; ethically ;and tactically superior.

edit on 16-3-2011 by 46ACE because: spelling errors....

edit on 16-3-2011 by 46ACE because: added:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pampamz
I am not defending a person, I am sick of the intolerance against idealism only because some think they now reality better. Reality is not the same for all of us.

More wishful thinking?"Anything" can happen? Right?...
Heeyyy chaaaaaarlie loook its CANDY MOUNTAIN!
BETTER FEED YO'SELF;BEFORE, GOING UNICORN HUNTING!.

"Reality": Down to brass tacks here: The "animal" ( human shaped "meat suit")

Needs to maintain 98.6 degrees(F) core temperature.Through internally generated heat from food or externally produced heat.
The "meat suit" requires liquid water for its biochemical processes to create that Energy.
The "meat suit" struggles to convert energy:
after 3 minutes without oxygen;
after 3 hours exposed to a particularly in harsh environment
After 3days without water
After 3weekswithout food.
Theres'your freakin "Reality"and its the SAME for all of us since the dawn of the first proto- human.Enoughwith :" we'll all eat "Unicorn pot-pies"!..

edit on 16-3-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-3-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Please before you write something, think about it and read.
After 3days without water After 3weekswithout food.

www.thereseneumann.de... and news.bbc.co.uk...
Also check some interesting "meat suits", they are practicing Pranayama yoga.
www.yogiclogic.com...
after 3 hours exposed to a particularly in harsh environment and The "meat suit" struggles to convert energy:
I hope you do realize that some people have adapted quite well to extreme environments, based only on physical aspects. I have a feeling you do not believe in our spiritual practice or in using chi energy. Unfortunately some "meat suits" use it. I referred to reality not as a physical one, but as a reality based on thoughts. Fortunately reality is directly connected to thoughts rather than matter, we really are above "meats suits", however who am I to challenge your opinion, you can live as you want.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Shall we begin again?

You did not answer the question I asked... The real question is whether money represents energy expended. What say you on that score? Because I can show you that it is.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Is that what you're reading into this thread?

Or did you read the title and move on?

From the OP:

What does this mean to you? If this happens(and I PERSONALLY FEEL that there is a near certainty of this), it means that the US will have drive themselves much deeper into debt in order to satisfy the debt. After PIMCO's recent dump of all US bonds the market is a little jittery about the value of US debt, this move by Japan could signal a giant bond dump around the world forcing our currency, our government, and our overall markets into a tailspin. It would be wholesale financial destruction. I believe this WILL happen, and it will happen soon. The Japanese are going to have many jittery customers world wide who may fear radiologically contaminated products, stagnant or entirely non-existent industrial growth, and massive debt-loads on top of having to deal with this incredibly MASSIVE crisis. The Japanese economy has been in crisis for some time now and their markets have been shakily supporting massive debt loads since the 1990s. This can no longer continue. Doing so would certainly spell the destruction of all Japanese wealth. What will follow will be a move based entirely on self-preservation, the US be damned. If we were in their position we'd do the same thing.

What does this (financial meltdown) mean to me? Time to change the whole direction on this planet as it relates to money. The bond dump will happen soon - so efforts to speed up the spread of the ideas should be applied. The markets are shaky, so let's focus on getting rid of the need for markets. This can no longer continue - so let's offer something in its place. Self preservation will best dealt with if we change course on this planet together. Better get the word out that we actually CAN shift course and make this a far better place to live.

Yeah. I read and responded to the OP.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I always knew this current system we grew up in was one day going to collapse on to its knees. The question is when.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE

"Reality": Down to brass tacks here: The "animal" ( human shaped "meat suit")

Reality is the combined juxtaposition of all Consciousness (quantum mechanics shows this). We Humans are far more than "meat suits." We input into reality. If most of us are joined in common goal, we can achieve it.

This is why one individual has only local affect, but inputs to the whole. And EVERYTHING is Consciousness at some level or another.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by theibbsta
I always knew this current system we grew up in was one day going to collapse on to its knees. The question is when.

No need to have it collapse...we can dissipate it in favor of better way of doing things without the need for money. I offer a way to do that in my two posts linked in my sig: The End of entropy (read first) and The Ethical Planetarian Party Platform.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

You're not gonna convince these people that their new age BS won't help 'em when they get hungry.

They're not uncomfortable yet.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

Indeed.

All I want is for some people in this thread to DROP THE EFFING THEORY as it won't help NOW. There's a time and place for BS and the supposition that zero point energy is being hidden by the government in an effort to power UFOs...Got it, DON'T CARE. Right now we have an economy based solely on coal, natural gas, oil and nuclear power.

Hell, oil on it's own is so pervasive in everything we do that it's price could expand economies when the price is low or severely cripple the global economy should what I propose happen. If I'm right, people will go hungry NOW. Not tomorrow, not in a decade or two, NOW. Enough with the academics. This thread is about the implications of a crippled bond market not BS star trek theory.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT
Money's day is almost over.

It will either destroy itself or we will mature past it - very soon.

Corruption and demonic control is enabled by money. Without it, these things will quickly dissolve.

It's irrelevant what the BOJ do or what the Fed or any of the other private banks do, the system is broken beyond repair.

Fresco may not have all the answers, but his life work is a good start and certainly has merit once you can get your head outside the money box and start thinking clearly, unencumbered by beliefs created from a life of financial conditioning.

Basing a system on the commitment to intelligently share the earth's resources equally amongst the entire human population may seem idealistic, but is in fact one of the most (if not the only) realistic solutions to our current mess.

Yes, money is a concept some love - and the love of money, as we know, is the root of all evil. Without money, there is no love of it, and therefore no evil - for all intents and purposes.

Fresco is on the right track, though he continues the scarcity paradigm, sounding more communist than abundancist. In abundance, it is not so much "sharing" as in a pie with equal slices for each (communism), it is more that everything is AVAILABLE and One may have what One wants. Plenty left over. More like a whole warehouse full of pies and One may have as much or as little of any or all of them as one wishes.

And we DO have what it takes to provide as much as anyone wants. It's just that right now, most cannot partake because they have no money. Strip money away and work to distribute based on need and not profit - and voila! Everyone has what they want.
edit on 3/16/2011 by Amaterasu because: typo

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

No, efforts to make sure you can EAT and DRINK CLEAN WATER should be spread soon. ANYTHING ELSE is theoretical and bad academics. You say you've worked in banking and yet apparently you have no clue what implications a bond dump can take.

Talking BS about how "we don't have to let it happen", is total tripe. You're living in a dream world where only you and your Star Trek world matter.

I won't be responding to your BS anymore. I'm gonna discuss REALITY. Have fun in unicorn land chaaaaarrrlie.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

reply to post by 46ACE

You're not gonna convince these people that their new age BS won't help 'em when they get hungry.

They're not uncomfortable yet.

I cannot waste time worrying about something I see the ideas as being able to solve if the ideas spread fast enough. I know that likely things will get a lot worse before they get better, but the less I try to spread the ideas, the more I worry about myself, the lower the chance that the change will be positive in the end.

If I starve, so be it. I will die knowing I did all I could to avoid the anguish for Humanity.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Market In Freefall As USDJPY Takes Out Stops, S&P Now Negative For The Year

Just a few more pips in the USDJPY and we are in uncharted territory. Below 79.75 in the USDJPY there is little support, except for the BOJ. Flash crashes in assorted index tracking futures are being witnessed everywhere, with an emphasis on Europe. In the meantime, following the rush to safety (in the Yen), the market is plunging to day lows, and the S&P has just turned negative for the year.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

No, efforts to make sure you can EAT and DRINK CLEAN WATER should be spread soon. ANYTHING ELSE is theoretical and bad academics. You say you've worked in banking and yet apparently you have no clue what implications a bond dump can take.

I have EVERY awareness of the issues with a bond dump. It will likely mean, and rather quickly, the end of the Interweb as we presently know it. THEN how will a replacement paradigm spread? It seems you don't understand just how imperative for the LONG RUN it is to offer something to replace the system we presently are entangled within.

Talking BS about how "we don't have to let it happen", and that is total BS. You're living in a dream world where only you and your Star Trek world matter.

Well, we DON'T. If we all were aware that we could get together and make the choices to eliminate money and bring abundance, then that is what we will do. You can call it BS all you want. That does not make it so.

I won't be responding to your BS anymore. I'm gonna discuss REALITY. Have fun in unicorn land chaaaaarrrlie.

That's unfortunate. I was hoping you had more to offer than just flinging the "BS" term and packing up your toys and going home. Best of luck solving the problem as opposed to just reacting to it.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
All this negativity is killing me. Buy when there is blood on the streets. I did.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I agree with most of the Op is saying, It is real good, But listen Japan will not Dump are Bonds period,, They still have over a trillion Dollars they can buy Equities with so as long as they can dump money like that into there system there is no reason to dumb there bonds, In fact they are already doing it. Of course that is no way to run a country, but that is what there already doing that is a fact,,,, Now how long will it last is another story. So until you see them start selling these Bonds, Its not even a factor only a theory. Like I said what is not a theory is, they are dumping billions in there Stock market right now!!!! With not one Bond sold,, tell me is that true or not ?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join