It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Japanese Emergency: Global Financial Implications and What We Should Be Talking About(Please read)

page: 7
50
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
With all these natural disasters and economic upheavals across the globe, can't we all come together for a world summit and discuss instituting a plan for global loan forgiveness? The world can't wait until the major industrial nations all have a total economic collapse. If the economies of just the U.S., Japan, and Europe collapses, it will still drastically affect economies that are just treading water. The top 10 industrial countries alone import products to the U.S. in hundreds of billions of dollars! The world has been playing this economic board game for way too long, and it's time we throw in the game pieces and start all over with new rules that will benefit mankind.




posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
The japanese goverment is on the hook for most of the insurance claims. 83% of the earthquake insurance is by the goverment. If it hits 60 billion in damages then its all pro-rated after that.Estimates say it could be 180 billion in damages with out the tsunami.



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
With all these natural disasters and economic upheavals across the globe, can't we all come together for a world summit and discuss instituting a plan for global loan forgiveness? The world can't wait until the major industrial nations all have a total economic collapse. If the economies of just the U.S., Japan, and Europe collapses, it will still drastically affect economies that are just treading water. The top 10 industrial countries alone import products to the U.S. in hundreds of billions of dollars! The world has been playing this economic board game for way too long, and it's time we throw in the game pieces and start all over with new rules that will benefit mankind.


While we're at it, why don't we introduce ideas to eliminate the power of the markets over Human life in the future...?

Just a thought.



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by 46ACE
 


You're not gonna convince these people that their new age BS won't help 'em when they get hungry.

They're not uncomfortable yet.


I cannot waste time worrying about something I see the ideas as being able to solve if the ideas spread fast enough. I know that likely things will get a lot worse before they get better, but the less I try to spread the ideas, the more I worry about myself, the lower the chance that the change will be positive in the end.

If I starve, so be it. I will die knowing I did all I could to avoid the anguish for Humanity.


"Noble"; delusional; but "Noble"....
humanity appreciates your sacrifice;but we'll miss you at the Tuesday evening drum circle..."tom;tom;tom;tom
tom;tum;....tom;tum...tum'd dum...tom........tum.."
Who's gonna' bring the Hummmous?


edit on 16-3-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by 46ACE
 


You're not gonna convince these people that their new age BS won't help 'em when they get hungry.

They're not uncomfortable yet.


I cannot waste time worrying about something I see the ideas as being able to solve if the ideas spread fast enough. I know that likely things will get a lot worse before they get better, but the less I try to spread the ideas, the more I worry about myself, the lower the chance that the change will be positive in the end.

If I starve, so be it. I will die knowing I did all I could to avoid the anguish for Humanity.


"Noble"; delusional; but "Noble"....
humanity appreciates your sacrifice;but we'll miss you at the Tuesday evening drum circle..."tom;tom;tom;tom
tom;tum;....tom;tum...tum'ddum....."


Enjoy those drums, then. My point is that I plan on being around on a much better planet than I have seen this place so far. If that option is wrested from my grasp, I will know I did all I could. Rather than saying "delusional," please show WHY it's delusional. Otherwise it's just so much yada yada.



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
With all these natural disasters and economic upheavals across the globe, can't we all come together for a world summit and discuss instituting a plan for global loan forgiveness? The world can't wait until the major industrial nations all have a total economic collapse. If the economies of just the U.S., Japan, and Europe collapses, it will still drastically affect economies that are just treading water. The top 10 industrial countries alone import products to the U.S. in hundreds of billions of dollars! The world has been playing this economic board game for way too long, and it's time we throw in the game pieces and start all over with new rules that will benefit mankind.

Okay: Lets hear it:
the rules for mankind :"P.F" (post "fukushina"):



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Originally posted by 46ACE

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by 46ACE
 


You're not gonna convince these people that their new age BS won't help 'em when they get hungry.

They're not uncomfortable yet.


I cannot waste time worrying about something I see the ideas as being able to solve if the ideas spread fast enough. I know that likely things will get a lot worse before they get better, but the less I try to spread the ideas, the more I worry about myself, the lower the chance that the change will be positive in the end.

If I starve, so be it. I will die knowing I did all I could to avoid the anguish for Humanity.


"Noble"; delusional; but "Noble"....
humanity appreciates your sacrifice;but we'll miss you at the Tuesday evening drum circle..."tom;tom;tom;tom
tom;tum;....tom;tum...tum'ddum....."


Enjoy those drums, then. My point is that I plan on being around on a much better planet than I have seen this place so far. If that option is wrested from my grasp, I will know I did all I could. Rather than saying "delusional," please show WHY it's delusional.




Originally posted by Amaterasu
Otherwise it's just so much yada yada.

You said it... ( this is what they call an :"impasse"; There is nothing worth while further down this trail for me; but feel free to pursue your "whatever it is";without anymore interference from me. )
edit on 16-3-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
Rather than saying "delusional," please show WHY it's delusional.



Originally posted by Amaterasu
Otherwise it's just so much yada yada.

You said it...


Ah. You agree that your claim is so much yada yada. Ok.

I was hoping you had something of substance to respond with. Guess not.
edit on 3/16/2011 by Amaterasu because: tags



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
Okay: Lets hear it:
the rules for mankind :"P.F" (post "fukushina"):


Try here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

These seem like good and reasonable rules.



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Originally posted by 46ACE
Rather than saying "delusional," please show WHY it's delusional.



Originally posted by Amaterasu
Otherwise it's just so much yada yada.

You said it...


Ah. You agree that your claim is so much yada yada. Ok.

I was hoping you had something of substance to respond with. Guess not.


I merely "agree" to let you spew your version of "yada yada";without further interference I still believe nice thoughts andaround of"kumbaya" don't fill the belly.



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Rather than saying "delusional," please show WHY it's delusional.


Let's try this again.
edit on 3/16/2011 by Amaterasu because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Thankyou for keeping us updated, Im not from America but it effects us all, I have already started stocking up on essential items, I try to warn my family but they have already decided that I am insane and therefore to be ignored, I just hope I have enough for them too when it all comes crashing down!



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
Rather than saying "delusional," please show WHY it's delusional.



Let's try this again.
edit on 3/16/2011 by Amaterasu because: (no reason given)


I understand what you are trying to say, things do need to change, and in my humble opinion humanity as a whole will soon have to collectivly decide whether to change things or keep them the way they have been sine our timeline began, and there are forces at work trying to ensure that they do continue on as usual, the problem with what you are trying to do is that at this point in time people are living in the here and now, and in the here and now we have been conditioned to not only need "money" and all it represents but also to desire it. There will be no change NOW because the "game" will not allow it, no matter how much the "aware" try to "show" the "unaware" the "error" of what they choose... So the best way to prepare for the reality in which we live is, as the op says, to logically analyse the facts of the situation we are currently in (the disaster in Japan and the likely global meltdown) and act accordingly. But in a spiritual sense, the way to prepare for the chance we will soon have to change the game is to alert everyone about the tyranny of those who would keep things as they are and to encourage them to seek the voice of the creator/universe/holy spirit/their own soul to guide them, there is no point telling people that we need to dispense with the monetary system and then everything will be alright, because we were born into this reality and it is impossible to seperate yourself/escape from the reality you were born into - esspecially if you have a family to support- because thats how the game (and I use the term game loosley here) works, we have been conditioned to veiw this game, this reality, as "the way it is" and "what we need", but patience - for the time comes when the veil shall be lifted and the fetters fall and we shall see things as they are, then we shall be required to make the choice and the universe shall accomodate for that choice.....
But thats just my personal spiritual outlook, I could be wrong, what is it they say "belief is relative" or something like that.
Whatever happens we can only ever work within the parameters of whatever reality we are born into, and according to this reality, Japan has had a disaster and we need to prepare ourselves and our families for the domino effect this could cause for our way of life, which I think was what the op was trying to tell you.
Your not wrong for wanting change, but informing people of this need to change will not bring change, the only way to ensure change, in the "time of transition" (or whatever you wanna call it) is by ensuring that TPTB do not succeed in drowning out the voice of the creator in your own life and the lives of those around you, does that make sense? I dont know, Ive only just come to this realisation recently so its a little hard to explain....
But anyway, whatever, see you at the crossroads!



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rhebefree

Whatever happens we can only ever work within the parameters of whatever reality we are born into, and according to this reality, Japan has had a disaster and we need to prepare ourselves and our families for the domino effect this could cause for our way of life, which I think was what the op was trying to tell you.
Your not wrong for wanting change, but informing people of this need to change will not bring change, the only way to ensure change, in the "time of transition" (or whatever you wanna call it) is by ensuring that TPTB do not succeed in drowning out the voice of the creator in your own life and the lives of those around you, does that make sense? I dont know, Ive only just come to this realisation recently so its a little hard to explain....
But anyway, whatever, see you at the crossroads!


But I am NOT just saying we have to change. I am also offering a foundation and structure for that change. I will not believe that the PTB have complete control and that their "game" cannot be thrown.

On top of that, earlier I asked the question, "What do you suggest for people living on $38 a month?" I was not given a reply. That would most concern me, as that is what I have to live on. "Go out and buy..." is not an option. And I know I am in huge company at this time. Huge numbers don't have the option to "go out and buy..."
edit on 3/16/2011 by Amaterasu because: tags



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jlafleur02
The japanese goverment is on the hook for most of the insurance claims. 83% of the earthquake insurance is by the goverment. If it hits 60 billion in damages then its all pro-rated after that.Estimates say it could be 180 billion in damages with out the tsunami.


Without the Tsunami. With it and the nuclear disaster + relocation of millions of people + rebuilding Sendai(a city of a million people) and we're talking about hundreds of billion that the Japanese government does not have...unless they sell those bonds. Same with the insurance companies in the remaining 17% of insurance market share.



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu
 


Then help those who can't help themselves.

Otherwise, may there be no illusion, people will die, they will struggle, they will suffer. Such is life.
edit on 16-3-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Check this out..



Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:30pm EDT

* Nikkei slides 4.2 pct, TOPIX down 3.7 pct

* Yen rockets to record high vs dollar then pulls back

* JGB futures rebound as stocks tumble

By Antoni Slodkowski and Hideyuki Sano

TOKYO, March 17 (Reuters) - Japanese stocks tumbled 4
percent on Thursday after a surge in the yen to a record high
stoked fears that a stronger currency would compound the
economic hit from a worsening nuclear crisis.

The yen soared to a record high against the dollar on
Thursday in chaotic trading as a break of the previous 1995 peak
triggered a host of stop-loss and option-related selling,
setting off a cascade of algorithmic sales.

The surge forced Japanese retail investors to unwind long
positions they had built up against the dollar in the past few
weeks, driving the yen as far as 76.25 per dollar.


The dollar was at 79.20 yen , rebounding a bit in
illiquid trade as traders covered their short positions and
tried to make sense of the moves.

The Nikkei share average was down 4.2 percent to 8,710.67
points , bringing the week's losses so far to 14.5
percent.

The index on Wednesday bounced as hedge funds led a short
covering rally on the second highest day of volume ever in the
prior session, but few investors expected the gains to last.

Nikkei futures listed in Osaka were down 4.2 percent to
8,620 , trimming some losses after falling as far as
8,400 at the start of trade.

The broader TOPIX was down 3.7 percent to 787.48 .

Look at the next paragraphs


All eyes were on what action authorities would take to
contain the yen, with some expectations Group of Seven countries
would give Japan the OK to intervene against a stronger
currency.

"With G7 scheduled to hold a conference call on Japan late
Thursday, it seems inevitable that the yen will be part of a
broader discussion on stabilizing global markets. It would be
nothing short of amazing if they fail to at least make some
veiled threat of intervention," Alan Ruskin, currency strategist
with Deutsche Bank in New York, said in a note.

(Additional reporting by Masayuki Kitano in Singapore, Writing
by Kevin Plumberg, Editing by Eric Burroughs)

What does that mean? "Intervene against a stronger currency" Is that the dollar they are referring to?
The Yen has just made the largest run against the dollar since World War2 ? Why?


rHere's what seems to have happened. Traders already spooked by Mideast unrest and today's bad housing data are worried that Japanese insurers and investors will redeem their assets overseas--essentially converting that money to yen--to pay for damages stemming from radiation leaks at Japanese nuclear plants, Bloomberg explains. There is also concern that Japanese investors, alarmed by the crisis in their country, will pull out of risky investments abroad. A currency strategist tells The Wall Street Journal that during times of trouble, investors also tend to purchase "safe-haven" currencies like the Swiss franc and the yen, which is considered safe because Japan is a net creditor to the rest of the world. "It may seem counterintuitive, since this is something happening in Japan, so naturally one might think the yen would weaken," he says.
Link


What happens if the situation deteriorates further? How long can the BOJ pour money into the markets?


“With the yen rising so quickly in such a short period of time, it would be negligent for the Bank of Japan not to intervene in the currency even if intervention is usually futile,” she added.

An attempt by Japanese officials to artificially weaken the currency would need to be swift in order to have a meaningful impact, strategists said.

“Currency intervention did little to stem the yen’s rise in early 1995. However, we suspect that it might come earlier today (the authorities did not intervene until a month after the earthquake struck in 1995), be much more substantial, and (crucially) be unsterilized,” Capital Economics said in a note to clients.

“This disaster could conceivably be the catalyst that finally pushes the Bank of Japan into full-scale quantitative easing,” they added.

Link

What will happen if massive quantitative easing occurs?

Any thoughts OP?



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by stephinrazin
 


Inflation for the yen...Remember, we're still in a competitive devaluation cycle. The problem with Japan is that they can't do that forever against the US dollar. Because all commodities are priced in USD. At some point it will be more profitable to cut loses and call in debts and foreign investments(bonds) than it would be to hold on to them any longer. Especially since the cost of this disaster is going to stress the hell out of insurance companies and the BOJ heavily.


edit on 16-3-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-3-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by stephinrazin
 


Inflation for the yen...Remember, we're still in a competitive devaluation cycle. The problem with Japan is that they can't do that forever against the US dollar. Because all commodities are priced in USD. At some point it will be more profitable to cut loses and call in debts and foreign investments(bonds) than it would be to hold on to them any longer. Especially since the cost of this disaster is going to stress the hell out of insurance companies and the BOJ heavily.


edit on 16-3-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-3-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)


Is there any indication when it will be more profitable to call in debts and foreign investments? Do you think the yen run is possibly one? When do you think this might happen?



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by stephinrazin
 


A run on the yen is certainly a bell ringing. But the stories coming out talking about Japanese companies and the BOJ calling in foreign investments to cover the damage done by the disaster and decades worth of compounding debts is a much bigger bell, and it is ringing right now.

Weeks...Maybe a month or two...No way to be sure exactly when. As I said in a previous post, there's a bond auction next week. I think it would be irresponsible of me to call a time before that bond auction.

If the auction fails, you'll know.
edit on 16-3-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)




top topics



 
50
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

log in

join