It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese Emergency: Global Financial Implications and What We Should Be Talking About(Please read)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Japanese insurers yet to sell foreign assets

Really? Well no effing S!

They cannot possibly have finished tallying up the cost of this disaster, nor what the nuclear emergency will bring. These things don't happen overnight. Maybe they feel they are cash rich enough now...Perhaps they are imprudent with their policy management or, worse yet, are already broke and it wouldn't matter anyway.

Anyway you slice it, insurers in Japan are gonna need money at some point...They ain't gonna get it from the BOJ when push comes to shove.
edit on 18-3-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
bonds closed down today - 2.99..........havent seen red on those in a while

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I know...Bonds may make up and down moves but my guess is the overall trend will be downward for the foreseeable future.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Looks like this is picking up more steam:

Japan Debt Selloff? Tickerguy on FoxBusiness W/Video

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Fears rise that Japan could sell off U.S. debt

Some lawmakers and market analysts are expressing rising concerns that a demand for capital by earthquake-ravaged Japan could lead it to sell off some of its huge holdings of U.S.-issued debt, leaving the federal government in an even tighter financial pinch.

And they certainly won't be adjusting their position upward any time soon.
edit on 28-3-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The economic snowball just got released from the top of the mountain Topco down 57% in 3 days. I believe you will see your prophecy very soon now as they will have no choice

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mikeybiznaz

Unfortunately I see it happening too.

A prophecy I hoped would have turned out to be nothing but conjecture...
edit on 31-3-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
oil at 106-110 is overvalued even with the libyan war and japan crisis. Without those it would be back down to 90-95. I'm taking a huge short position on current price.

So has anybody made money from this yet? If all goes well I'll be posting a good profit. Thanks in advance to the volatile marketplace japan has created.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join