It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese Emergency: Global Financial Implications and What We Should Be Talking About(Please read)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by rancher1

Their debt is 233% of GDP the only place they're getting a trillion YEN is the printing press or straight out of their peoples' pockets.

They're gonna need to pump in cash from somewhere as they can't just pick one pocket and stuff another and call it good. It's a whole different ball game and has little to do with buying equities.

With the way the US is devaluing the dollar it isn't worth it for Japan to hang on to the dollar forever. And since they are running out of money and need commodities to stave off the starvation of their people NOW, they may be selling these off before next weeks US bond auction. If they don't, then I'll be looking for the Japanese to not buy bonds next week...The week after that they may sell.

Again, if I'm wrong no harm done.
edit on 16-3-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by rancher1
I agree with most of the Op is saying, It is real good, But listen Japan will not Dump are Bonds period,, They still have over a trillion Dollars they can buy Equities with so as long as they can dump money like that into there system there is no reason to dumb there bonds, In fact they are already doing it. Of course that is no way to run a country, but that is what there already doing that is a fact,,,, Now how long will it last is another story. So until you see them start selling these Bonds, Its not even a factor only a theory. Like I said what is not a theory is, they are dumping billions in there Stock market right now!!!! With not one Bond sold,, tell me is that true or not ?

This might allow us the time to solve the problem. To spread the idea of a different way to do things. I surely hope so. If we can bring it to the tipping point before the bonds come up... Well, I can hope.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by Amaterasu

(some irrelevant vid)

That solves the problem!

Dear, you are reacting and refusing to consider ideas to solve the underlying problem. Rather than put up vids that serve no purpose, why don't you offer your ideas to solve the underlying problem.

And if you have none, why do you refuse to consider mine?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

I agree with most of the Op is saying, It is real good, But listen Japan will not Dump are Bonds period,, They still have over a trillion Dollars they can buy Equities with so as long as they can dump money like that into there system there is no reason to dumb there bonds, In fact they are already doing it. Of course that is no way to run a country, but that is what there already doing that is a fact,,,, Now how long will it last is another story. So until you see them start selling these Bonds, Its not even a factor only a theory. Like I said what is not a theory is, they are dumping billions in there Stock market right now!!!! With not one Bond sold,, tell me is that true or not ?

This might allow us the time to solve the problem. To spread the idea of a different way to do things. I surely hope so. If we can bring it to the tipping point before the bonds come up... Well, I can hope.

Even tho the OP makes good points, today Japan as not sold one single Bond, The other reason the Bernak or one of Goldman hacks probably already called him and told him, Don't even think about it.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

It didn't stop them from selling after the Kobe quake in 1995. What is going to stop them from selling for this? Bernanke and Geithner making threats?

Yeah, ok...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

It didn't stop them from selling after the Kobe quake in 1995. What is going to stop them from selling for this? Bernanke and Geithner making threats?

Yeah, ok...

Hmmm How many Bonds were sold so far, Now in contrast how much has the Gov dumped in there stock market.. K I proved my point,, I bet me and you agree on 95 percent of everything else, I don't want to sound like i don't. You have a great grasp of the situation.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Did I say ONE TIME that the Japanese have sold any bonds? Did I say they were gonna sell US bonds today? No.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Did I say ONE TIME that the Japanese have sold any bonds? Did I say they were gonna sell US bonds today? No.

And the reason they won't sell them in months ahead is they don't want to piss of The Golman Sach yup there bread and butter,, you know that,, + If they need Cash that bad they will just do what I did and everybody did is dump those CL contracts then those Gold and other commodities Contracts there is so many buyers for that crap!!!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Even tho the OP makes good points, today Japan as not sold one single Bond, The other reason the Bernak or one of Goldman hacks probably already called him and told him, Don't even think about it.

I agree that the OP was a good one - even said so in my first response. Unknown why Japan presently is not selling bonds - but I am sure discussion is taking place. And you're likely pretty close on that if not spot on. [smile]

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pampamz
Please before you write something, think about it and read.
After 3days without water After 3weekswithout food.

www.thereseneumann.de... and news.bbc.co.uk...
Also check some interesting "meat suits", they are practicing Pranayama yoga.
www.yogiclogic.com...
after 3 hours exposed to a particularly in harsh environment and The "meat suit" struggles to convert energy:
I hope you do realize that some people have adapted quite well to extreme environments, based only on physical aspects. I have a feeling you do not believe in our spiritual practice or in using chi energy. Unfortunately some "meat suits" use it. I referred to reality not as a physical one, but as a reality based on thoughts. Fortunately reality is directly connected to thoughts rather than matter, we really are above "meats suits", however who am I to challenge your opinion, you can live as you want.

The average person on the internet is not a "yogi"
I am aware: its obvious; some people have developed Endurances beyond others. If I pick joe average off ATS AND SEND THEM OUTSIDE naked for 3 hours at -30 f they will die even if nepalese holymen can "think"- warm".

My point is it not my xvn's or anybodies "opinion" that matters there is a reality that applies..

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Yeah, ok...

Good point (and a rather scary one)... Kudos for pointing out the less-mentioned economic pitfalls of this disaster though.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I think some people are convinced that somehow the Japanese need the US. They don't. They have managed to create a uniquely independent economy, even with all it's faults, the position they are in will likely force their hand. Goldman Sachs and the Fed be damned.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Much of the US debt held in Japanese hands isn't even held by the BOJ. It's held by Japanese INSURANCE companies. The government can print money but the Insurance companies can't. You really think that when push comes to shove that they'd rather play cozy to US firms like Goldman Sachs when it is their bottom lines at risk?

Come on man.
Japanese Insurance Capital Invested Abroad Expected to Move Home

Just how much of the estimated $3 trillion in Japanese assets held outside the country will be repatriated due to the earthquake, tsunami, and potential nuclear disaster has yet to be seen.

(March 15, 2011) – With upward of $3 trillion in assets held offshore, Japanese investors – including many massive insurance companies that fear heavy losses from the 9.0 Sendai earthquake and tsunami and the potential nuclear disaster that leaves a world captivated – are expected to move at least some capital home.

uh oh!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I see your point, The Us Gov does not run things the JP Morgue The Bernak and The Goldman Sack do. Rather then piss these guys off its just easier to sell there paper Oil and Commodities. They hold a SH%^ load of them.. but if this crises gets worse who knows what they will sell, I just think they go the way of least resistance. The Bonds are the last thing they would sell, In my humble and accurate opinion..

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Dude...That makes no sense at all.

At the end of the day Japan is an advanced industrial economy. That means that every home, vehicle, and stick of furniture is INSURED.

How much money do you think the insurance companies have? The BOJ is busy pumping equities and that money is VERY temporary. They're going to need to find liquidity elsewhere. That means selling. Bonds and anything else that will bring it cold hard cash in order to satisfy policies.

IT HAS HAPPENED BEFORE-and for far less.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
News just hit the wire that Asian and Middle Eastern countries are testing Japanese food and other goods for radioactive contamination. Italy has outright banned Japanese food imports.

Here comes that pressure I was taking about.

Asia to test Japan food imports for radiation

Japan: Italy bans Japanese food imports

Let the games begin folks.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Bro lets get to the bigger picture, Its scary but just think if the Market drops another 1000 points!!! At that point we would not even care about Japan!!! Of course I'm no talking about the lose of life, All those triggers on pension funds would go off, all those Mortgage Back Securities that the States hold for retirement funds. All the money the fed printed would vaporize instantly.. Unemployment would surge housing would drop another 50 percent, BK from retail stores commercial properties.. It would go on and on.. Ya buying food right now is a good idea,, We need all to prepare.. We can very well be the next Japan...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

News just hit the wire that Asian and Middle Eastern countries are testing Japanese food and other goods for radioactive contamination. Italy has outright banned Japanese food imports.

Here comes that pressure I was taking about.

Asia to test Japan food imports for radiation

Japan: Italy bans Japanese food imports

Let the games begin folks.

WOW they might be selling stuff a lot faster then anybody thinks. if this is true the sell off tonight in there stocks will be huge!!!!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

This is why I wrote this:

From the OP

What does this mean to you? If this happens(and I PERSONALLY FEEL that there is a near certainty of this), it means that the US will have drive themselves much deeper into debt in order to satisfy the debt. After PIMCO's recent dump of all US bonds the market is a little jittery about the value of US debt, this move by Japan could signal a giant bond dump around the world forcing our currency, our government, and our overall markets into a tailspin. It would be wholesale financial destruction.

I believe this WILL happen, and it will happen soon. The Japanese are going to have many jittery customers world wide who may fear radiologically contaminated products, stagnant or entirely non-existent industrial growth, and massive debt-loads on top of having to deal with this incredibly MASSIVE crisis.

The Japanese economy has been in crisis for some time now and their markets have been shakily supporting massive debt loads since the 1990s. This can no longer continue. Doing so would certainly spell the destruction of all Japanese wealth. What will follow will be a move based entirely on self-preservation, the US be damned. If we were in their position we'd do the same thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join