It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese Emergency: Global Financial Implications and What We Should Be Talking About(Please read)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

I don't know I think your downplaying this. The worst case scenarios are close to happening right now, if not right now. The meltdown of numerous reactors, numerous exposed spent fuel rods, an 8.9 earthquake, a 30 foot tsunami, various strong quake aftershocks, volcanic eruptions, and very close to mass evacuations. That sounds pretty dramatic to me and seeing that life has come to a screeching halt for many of the Japanese it would seem more ridiculous that their economy wouldn't be affected.
edit on 15-3-2011 by America? because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by Amaterasu

No offense, but this is no time for pseudo-academic discussions on theoretical BS.

It's time to deal with reality.

No offense but I am dealing with reality. If we don't take a radical step outside the system we're in, there will be nothing left of us.

And I rather think your assessment of "BS" merely shows your lack of understanding.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

My lack of understanding? You wanna peddle pseudo-academic economic theory an "abundance paradigm"(Whatever the hell that means) and you're telling me you're dealing with reality?

Do me a favor, either address the topic, stop pimping your "book", or don't post, ok?

BTW, you can't "end entropy". Everything breaks down. From natural to artificial systems. Like it or not.
edit on 15-3-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
The financial system will be hit with it's own quake soon enough. The patchwork along the cracks is not going to hold and the new road is not built just yet. This whole mess just put sand into the economic engine and the driver of this tour bus will start to look for a safe place to jump soon enough.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I wish you guys would stop using those big words, my dictionary is getting too much use.
Lets just say Japan is skrood financially?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

My lack of understanding? You wanna peddle pseudo-academic economic theory an "abundance paradigm"(Whatever the hell that means) and you're telling me you're dealing with reality?

Do me a favor, either address the topic, stop pimping your "book", or don't post, ok?

BTW, you can't "end entropy". Everything breaks down. From natural to artificial systems. Like it or not.

I "pimp" nothing. I try to offer a solution. If you don't want that solution, that's yours to choose. I offer two threads and have said NOTHING about a book. YOU just brought it up.

I AM addressing the topic - which is money troubles. And I offer a solution to them. Stop pissing on ME and piss on the ideas if you must piss.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

"Solutions"? By what? Unrealistically replacing them with something that would take decades to implement, maybe even a century? That is IF your ideas have any practical merit at all outside of academic theory.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

"Solutions"? By what? Unrealistically replacing them with something that would take decades to implement, maybe even a century? That is IF your ideas have any practical merit at all outside of academic theory.

If the ideas get to the tipping point - two years, I say. That is why I work so hard to pass the ideas on. And NOW is the time for them. Otherwise, we'll just go to our deaths with nothing.

Why don't we try it and see? You have a better solution?
edit on 3/15/2011 by Amaterasu because: typo

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Unfortunately the only thing we can do is reset. That REQUIRES failure, or "entropy" as you would put it. You cannot theorize your way out of nature. You cannot "end entropy". All you can do is impose whatever checks and balances you can to deal with breakdowns so when you build back up you won't be starting from scratch, but from a substrate of tried and true ideas.

Your theory is no different, IMO, than the people who think we need a violent revolution to "make things right" again. It is unnecessary, impractical, and may very well lead to the starvation and death of millions or billions in the misguided attempt of experimenting with the fool hearty notion that humans can beat nature. Good luck with that.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Unfortunately the only thing we can do is reset. That REQUIRES failure, or "entropy" as you would put it. You cannot theorize your way out of nature. You cannot "end entropy". All you can do is impose whatever checks and balances you can to deal with breakdowns so when you build back up you won't be starting from scratch, but from a substrate of tried and true ideas.

Your theory is no different, IMO, than the people who think we need a violent revolution to "make things right" again. It is unnecessary, impractical, and may very well lead to the starvation and death of millions or billions in the misguided attempt of experimenting with the fool hearty notion that humans can beat nature. Good luck with that.

No violence required. In fact, the whole point of my solution is that it is peaceful - and all it takes is us aware we can do it in enough numbers to reach the tipping point and then we can do it.

No starvation at all, no deaths, and in fact, once money is no longer needed, the hidden cures will become available. At the moment, many are hidden because cured people don't buy pharmaceuticals.

IMO, you haven't really read what I offer. You like to fling about terms that are, in your opinion, descriptors of my work. But they are not applicable.

All I want is to show people how we can fix things here. Closed minds don't fix things. They tend to muck things up.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Bernake said all's just dandy today and the guy sleeping in the WH has his basketball brackets all worked out so...I guess it's all good! [sic]

Glad I have my food, water etc squared away.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

It's great to have an open mind, and yes I HAVE read your work, but I believe in opening up the mind only so much as to not allow my brain to fall out. Sorry to tell you, I don't agree with it. I think it's theoretical bupkis suited only to hardcore conspiracy theorists that reject any form of methodical scientific thought. It is ignorant of economics and filled with "feel-good" Star Trek economic theory that has no practical application in the world we live in today.

Edit:

I did not intend to imply that your method would require violence, only to illustrate the impracticality and unrealistic methodology in which both paths are couched. It is easy to say in THEORY that your means of economic prosperity would not cause starvation or create imbalances due to ignorance of natural cycles and systems it is another thing to put it into practice and see how human nature deals with your academic approach..

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Great thread very informative and adds a whole new twist to the mountain of problems already facing the world. Hopefully someone more informed on economics can weigh in on this question for me. What would happen if Japan was forced to lose a sizable chunk of their country due to the nuke issue and their economy basically tanked. Could we end up seeing the first country that I can remember in history to have to pretty much dissolve, and walk away from their homeland without war etc? Because to me a lay person it sure is looking like it might be a possibility.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I don't think we have too much to worry about, if anything. It is unfortunate for the country of Japan of course. Always good to be "ready" though.

IMO, the sell off in US Equities has been quite orderly and it seems like another consolidation before the next wave higher.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by robyn

Yeah...Benny boy was so certain we wouldn't enter a recession...he was so certain that the housing bubble wouldn't pop...hell he was certain there was NO housing bubble to begin with and that debt was not going to be a problem...

Bernanke is a moron in the school of Zimbabwe.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Dance4Life

No one is talking about US equities.

We are talking about sovereign debt. Two different animals. Though one does influence the other.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I am not worried, just an opinion.

Good luck

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

It's great to have an open mind, and yes I HAVE read your work, but I believe in opening up the mind only so much as to not allow my brain to fall out. Sorry to tell you, I don't agree with it. I think it's theoretical bupkis suited only to hardcore conspiracy theorists that reject any form of methodical scientific thought. It is ignorant of economics and filled with "feel-good" Star Trek economic theory that has no practical application in the world we live in today.

Edit:

I did not intend to imply that your method would require violence, only to illustrate the impracticality and unrealistic methodology in which both paths are couched. It is easy to say in THEORY that your means of economic prosperity would not cause starvation or create imbalances due to ignorance of natural cycles and systems it is another thing to put it into practice and see how human nature deals with your academic approach..

Here's the thing... I have worked in banking, studied economics, delved into ZPE and its extraction (and energy in general), and understand well the fact that money/power/energy are three manifestations of the same thing. 50 years worth of correlating, examining, contemplating, researching, consulting, reading, and synthesizing. All with the goal of finding a solution for ALL of us. I believe I have that.

I can guarantee your RESET will cause starvation, riots, death, and misery. I want to avoid that. I want the Human race to shine. And though there is no "test" we can use to show the validity of these ideas, we surely would be no worse off than if we did nothing but RESET. And likely a dam' sight better.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

I don't think it would go that far. Japan will still be Japan. The economic destruction will, in my opinion, force the Japanese to dump US treasury holdings to provide the financing necessary to deal with the crisis at hand. They are going to have to relocate millions of people and deal with the fact that a few cities and villages have been totally wiped out.

There is a lot going on here. And hence this post. I just want people to prepare for the very real possibility that things can go very far south real quick.
edit on 16-3-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

I can guarantee the reset will cause starvation, riots, and misery as well. The difference is I don't think I can control the world and how it works with theories. Nor do I think I can prevent the natural consequences of human actions.

John Maynard Keynes worked on his theories for decades, and we're seeing the breakdown of Keynes economic theory today. Einstein worked on his theories from the late 19th to the mid 20th century and not but 60 years later many of his theories are being turned on their heads.

edit on 16-3-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join