It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Casey - The kid who had enough of being bullied!

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darce
Come on you guys, you're always better than the bullies, because you're not being a dickhead. Why would you want to fit in with that? I've had the knife pulled on me, I've been chased around by a gang of Somalian immigrants, been -that- fat kid. Why the hell am I the only one who thinks this is wrong?!

I was bullied from 8 till i was 14,2nd shortest kid in my class (shortest was a girl) i wore glasses plus i had the added bonus of having to wear a patch over one eye every 2nd day,i lost count of the glasses that got smashed by these dogs,punched ,kicked,rocks thrown at me, bike thrown in the lake,the mental torment,threats,i had it all,
funny thing was over the summer at the end of year 7 i had a massive growth spurt,the next year at school ,i ran into 2 of these clowns,they started their tuff talk and i stood up to them,they didn't like that,by this stage there was a few spectators,they both came at me at once,luckily a senior grabbed one by the collar and told him it was one on one or they could both fight him,the lone prick didn't look real happy now,what the hell i charged him smashed him into the lockers and winded him then i punched him in the nose twice,now he was sitting on his butt bleeding crying like a lil bitch,BETTER HIM THAN ME as it had been on so many occasions.

The older dudes wanted me to smash the other prick as well,but all i did was ask the bleeder if him and his mates were gonna keep hassling me? he said it was over and was good to his word,I ended that BS that day i could have taken the higher ground and it would not have stopped,I took control of the situation and control of my life,what the hell is wrong with that?

And no i wasn't in a lot of blue's after that either,but i will tell you this punch me in the face, i will knock you into next week,

Trav received 3 lunch time detentions for fighting so did the bleeder,was it worth it? hell yeah,

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Darce

Casey was a little too busy getting punched in the face to calculate a measured response. You've never been in this sort of situation, have you, Darce?

You're alone. Three other guys are harassing you. The only people who might intervene are two girls who are laughing at your misfortune. And now you just got punched in the face. Not a love tap, your head just got rocked back into the wall. An attempt to flee will certainly result in an attack from behind, and will guarantee further harassment and attacks in the future.

Are you thinking, "Gosh, I should be very careful! I might hurt the guy who just punched me in the mouth, and that would be very unfair!"

Snotrat got his world rocked. And you know what? His life is better for it. Chances are it'll be longer! He just learned a very valuable lesson; even the most passive and unlikely people are capable of kicking the absolute crap out of you, so it's not a good idea to pick fights in the first place.

Yeah, he got hurt. That's what happens when you start a fight. You don't punch someone in the face and then complain when they respond with maximum force. You just committed assault, all your teeth and bones are now that person's property, to treat as they see fit. Sound unfair? yeah it is. And there's a good way to avoid getting into this unfair situation; DON'T PICK A FIGHT.

You said you have a gun for protection. Well, tell me, if someone comes at you with a knife, would you make a measured calculation that since your gun gives you an advantage, you should try to pistol-whip the stabby-guy, because that would be "fair"? No, you put a bullet in his chest.

Do I feel bad for Snotrat? Well, there's some sympathy for his pain, but he certainly deserved exactly what he got. Don't pick fights, and your chances of grievous bodily harm diminish dramatically.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
This is ridiculous. So what if the bullied kid is has more weight and is taller than the bullier? Too bad! The bully threw the first punch. If you can't take the heat don't walk into the kitchen. This whole thing could have been avoid if he wasn't being an ass and trying to show off, don't start the fight, have no effect, and think that you are going to leave untouched you must be crazy!

I absolutely agree here, the little rat that started it all figured that Casey would be an easy target .That is blatant stupidity on the rat kids part and he deserved everything he got AND more, including the rude awakening .

And for the person saying "Animals use violence, Humans use words". This is so ignorant.

I wouldnt use such a strong word as ignorant here but yes, again i agree with you .
There are some people out there who are too thick or stupid to understand words , these same people seem to have no problem understanding things when the tables are turned against them and they are the ones getting flogged for a change though .

Omega

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I appreciate the empowerment of the bullied v the aggressor talk here, but I don't think that's how this event transpired.

I'll relate this to an even that happened when I was this age. There was a kid who was working on a reputation for being a tough guy and he had his little mates bluffed. He had won a few battles, I suppose, and he had a brain snap, high on his invulnerability, and decided to start fighting me. I had been fighting for years and took a second to put him down. Nobody had ever bullied me. He over-estimated his scrawny muscles and non-existent skills.

My impression is that the bigger kid was known as a tough guy and the scrawny kid couldn't see past his ego. The bigger kid appears solid, both mentally as well as in size. He would have given the second kid a good fight too. Unless he was new to the school, he'd been in fights. This video is in Australia. We play rough sports. He couldn't avoid being picked as a front rower in rugby. His fighting ability should have been well known.

So, I think that the kid didn't avoid being bullied. I know that schools target the tough kids, and I expect his restraint is the product of over excessive scrutiny by his teachers. Has he been punished for throwing his weight around? I'd suggest he has - even if it was because of size discrimination.

Good video though. This is an obvious case where violence in unavoidable and the comeuppance was so sweet. I've heard the arguments against violence and I realise he could have just shoved him 5 meters back, but I also think the scrawny kid needed (rather than deserved) a lesson like this.

On an aside, I've no idea why kids shoot up schools. That's never happened in Australia. I suspect it has more to do with peer pressures in America and the overwhelming weight of social stigma's based on something in your culture. It's hard to explain but I've met some people from America who take group identity extremely seriously, life or death stuff. Maybe group identity is being encouraged in America an unhealthy way...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azp420
reply to post by Caleb.K

If I was going to take a guess I would say the 12 year old's "heard you've been talking ****" comment could be related to Casey telling a teacher to get help with his being bullied.
edit on 16-3-2011 by Azp420 because: (no reason given)

Or the 12 year old was trying to self justify the bullying , Believe it or not this happens alot more then you would think .

Omega

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Omega85

I agree with that, it sounded like a crap excuse for his actions.

That skinny kid was told by some instigator that someone was talking about him, bigger kid being unpopular was blamed for it in my opinion.

I wasn't by far a big kid i was actually skinny but was far from ever being bullied, i was very happy at school and no one had the balls to treat me badly. But I never treated others badly just because they weren't as popular as I was. In fact I always made a point to be nice to the kids that got teased, i could never understand why? they never did anything wrong to anyone most of the time.

My point is its all about perception, if a kid was getting teased or bullied and some one older and cooler offered to hang around with them for a day or two, all the "popular" kids in his year level would probably be envious and jealous that an older guy is taking an interest in being his friend and would probably want to be as well.

Kids have a pack mentality when one person thinks its funny to tease someone the rest of them follow, most don't even know why they are doing it.

That kid that's getting bullied is probably cool in his own right.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by lavenlaar

Thats precious I watched everyone of those clips, and this is one for the silent guy in the corner and minds his own buiseness untill halfway through the school year some mixed up bully tries to pick on him and gets his ass kicked and the rest of the class laughs at the bully. I was once a bully and finally saw the light and from then on I stood up for the kids that got bullied and kicked a few asses to make up for my bulling days The mind is a fragile thing and everybody reacts different. Some kids will never recover from extreme bullying and we all no some even commit suicide. Very sad

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

This is crazy! How is a body slam a measured response to a few jabs? The tiny kid was probably showing off to the normal sized friends and then gets used to prove a point.

Let me guess - you were a bully at school and are pissed of one of your own gets exactly what they deserved. The bully should know to accept responsibility for his own actions.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

I can't believe so few people feel sorry for the kid getting body slammed.

Just why do you think bullies deserve people feeling sorry for them? It really looks like you are a bully. You should accept that everyone has to take responsibility for their own actions.

ESB

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I'm all for standing up for bullies but there seems to be a missed thought in this thread.

Casey is tormented by a gang of bullies up to breaking point. At this moment he snaps. fortunately the runty kid isn't too badly hurt, but he easily could have been, in which case Casey finds himself behind bars facing charges. It's not Casey's fault that he is out of control but that isn't how the law would see it. It's all very well turning the other cheek but only if you can do that indefinately because if you let the fear build inside then you might snap also and when you do you WILL be out of control and you might just hurt someone badly.

The whole system is at fault because Casey (and thousands of others around the world) are being betrayed by the schools. IMO Schools feel it is OK to turn a blind eye to bullying because it is normally done cold-blooded in a calm and controlled way. A few puches might be thrown and some insults and mockery (in the eyes of the school) The reason that they stomp on those who retaliate is because the reaction is likely to be emotional and possibly violent.This puts the school open to litigation. Nobody sues the school because Johnny got a punch in the face but they will if thier child gets beaten to a pulp.

Bullies should be identified and expelled. They should then undergo some form of councelling before they are allowed back AND all schools should be able to refuse ro accept applications from known bullies.

Having said all that, congratulations to Casey. He's got a monkey off his back. at LOL at the runt who got pwned and LOL also at his body guard who squared up to Casey at the end but doesn't allow himself to get within arm's reach.

I'd love to know what Casey and his family think about this because ALL those present should have been hauled into the principal's office and thier parents notified of what their cowardly offspring are up to.
edit on 16-3-2011 by ESB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Stickman is at fault, period.

If stickman wasn't aggravating Casey the Conquistador, then he wouldn't have been hurt. That is obvious by Casey's body language.

I think it comes down to responsibility for ones actions. Stickman made a choice and paid for it.

C'est la vie.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

This kid casey is a childhood friend of mine, i cant belive this happened to him but im proud of him! hes a verry smart boy and the school he went to is a terrible school, i know, i went there, im glad he taught that bullie a lesson but he shouldnt of been suspended! there should be laws brought in against bullies in all countries, it would certainly scare the bullies into behaving and learning the consequences!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I wonder how Casey feels... perhaps he's enjoying his newfound glory on the internet!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Schools here will suspend both parties for fighting too. If I was the big boys dad I would pat him on the back and tell him he did the right thing. He will be out of school soon and he will grow up. In the real world he did exactly what you are supposed to do when defending yourself

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
This does remind me of the times at school when people used to do the same thing. They would provoke and i would hit out. One time I got suspended after some little fat kid started hitting me, and i beat two shades of crap out of him, he didn't get suspended, he in fact carried on bullying and starting fights with others.

Now why do i get suspended for protecting myself?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Originally posted by Resistancia:

"I am sorry that you were bullied too JTC

Your point about Casey being suspended just hit home with me. Back when my boys were being continually assaulted physically and mentally at school (8years ago) and subsequently suspended...this was perhaps just as you say, to keep them safe until the heat died down.

I was obviously too upset and stressed throughout their school years to comprehend that, so thank you for your logical opinion.

Our whole family had to have counselling (intensive for the boys) to cope with the situation that even spilled out into the neighbourhood. We had eggs thrown at our cars, the house and windows were even smashed. Some of the parents of the little darlings told us that we (and our property) were going to continue to be targets for daring to get justice for our boys.

res"

Hi, Resistancia.

Ugh! I'm really sorry you had to go through that. Those parents' response to the bullying of your boys really tells me all I need to know about the bullies' poor upbringing. And all too often it is society that ends up paying the price.

At the end of the day, I'm more apt to think it is the responsibility of the schools to nip these things in the bud before they escalate. When you send your children off, you expect them to be provided a safe environment for their education. When they are not, it is a failure that lies squarely on the shoulders of the teachers and administrators.

Here's to a world free of the unfounded cruelty and malice that has pervaded our youth seemingly more and more each day. The answer lies in parenting and in being positive role models for our children ...A crux that has apparently been lost on the parents you had to deal with.
edit on 3/16/2011 by Jubilation T Cornpone because: computer error

edit on 3/16/2011 by Jubilation T Cornpone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The best part of the video was when the skinny punk tries to flee like a little female dog when Casey moves in to grab him.
The funny part was when skinny punk was in Caseys grip with no way out. One would note that skinny punks friends had a whole 3 seconds to rush forward and try and save skinny punk.. but they did not.

Moral of the story : You punch a dude 2 times your size and turn down 5 chances to stop and walk away.... anything that happens to you after that is YOUR fault.

edit on 16-3-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
all I can say is OUCH!!That looked like it hurt.Good for you Casey for being the bigger man physically,as well as mentally.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Darce

So you're saying that you would walk away if someone bitch slapped you. You're saying a child should be shamed rather than refuse to be abused. Hope you're not a parent.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Darce

Face facts, what happened to the bully is what he deserved. Casey had every right to defend himself. You, on the other hand are sticking up for the bully. Why? Do a lot of bullying yourself and just can't stand to see one of your type get his ass handed to him? YOU. ARE. WRONG.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join